The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestion Box

Go down 
+3
Melody Fraeder
Samuel Rytherstone
Mason Wolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 pm

welcome to the suggestion box this topic is for suggestions on how they can improve this forum so we can get more members.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Rytherstone
District 8
Samuel Rytherstone

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:11 pm

also put your website in a youtube video and on bing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 pm

i was thinking of a in game economy like 10 words= 5 in game dollars and each post is equal to $10
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm

I think it could be fun to have a character development area. I've seen this on other sites, and it's really fun and helps a lot with RP-ing.

Basically, people post new threads with their character sheets (or revised versions of their sheets), and then someone can post questions about the character for that person to answer. Once they get answered, someone else can ask more questions, and so on.

It's incredibly helpful for character development, as it makes people think about aspects of their characters they wouldn't normally consider, and it's also fun to read about other people's charries ^^
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:50 pm

That sounds like a great idea!! I'll put a thread up for it somewhere... a category even!
I think that could be beneficial to quite a few users, plus, since there are few people to roleplay with in your District, they could spend time on character development. I have a feeling, when the movie comes out, the site will boom, so the District will grow and that could come in handy.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Yay! I can't wait! If you need any more details or whatnot just let me know~ -andI'mdonespamming-
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

What I'm going to do is post another category (news, chat, arcade, etc.) called Character development area. There, you can post a thread with your character's sheet (can be revised) and have people comment below with questions that will help them grow.

Sound about right? Anything to add in the description?
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 am

Yeah, that sounds about right. It might be helpful to have some limitations, like wait until after the person has answered their first set of questions before asking more, and maybe a limit of like 5 questions per post? Just so nobody gets overwhelmed ^^
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Alright, I'll make it now,and I'll attach those rules.
Back to top Go down
Aoife Quinn
District 10
Aoife Quinn

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:13 pm

I have a few suggestions.

The admins, mods and tributes all get put into a colour category. Have you guys thought of putting the districts into colour categories that way people will be able to spot much easier who's from where instead of having to go to the person's profile to figure it out?

The background colour is a bit dark and some colours are really hard to use, such as the blue you like, the common blue or other colours you like to use. It's extremely hard to read and hurts the eyes(at least for my eyes it really strains them). I think a light gray would work well on the background colour of the site and the colours people like to use are much easier to read.

Back to top Go down
http://triwizardtournament.forumotion.com/
Aoife Quinn
District 10
Aoife Quinn

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Also, I'm a bit confused to why you can't delete/edit your own post, you can only quote it? If people aren't allowed to do that.. I highly suggest to let people do that. I know I make mistakes sometimes and not being able to edit it.. well.
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 am

ok about your suggestion about the colors and the districts, under your name it tells others and yourself if your a admin, mod, tribute or just an average member and under that it tells the district you reside in.
secondly i highly agree about bringing back the delete/edit, because that might make everything hard for people new to roleplaying and need to edit their posts. plus like one of our other monthly competitions it was a story we had to write, and i was unable to finish it.

Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am

Well one of the main reasons that I personally don't want to colour people from the Districts is it would mess up my eyes, being colourblind and all. :/ And as Mason says it is under your name on the left.
As for the background, I think it is set, as in if we change it, the whole layout of the site will change, and we really don't want that to happen. xD

And as for the editing and deleting:
We want to be QUITE CLEAR, that we have this in so people can't get out of breaking the rules. If you want a post changed, you can PM an Admin or Mod, but if someone posts under the word limit OOC (5 words) constantly, and simply edits it to make it longer, then they are effectively cheating the site rules.

And again, imagine if someone made a racist or horrible remark to you, not that I expect that from anyone here, and they deleted after you'd read it? They wouldn't get banned as we don't know if they did or not. We shall not be changing this aspect to the site as it is INCREDIBLY important for us as staff members to know what is going on, without normal members breaking the rules and changing it, as you shouldn't be breaking them in the first place.

If you want to edit your post then simply ask a Mod or Admin to change it for you (IC). Though we will not change OOC stuff, except for updating Graphic examples, adding parts to stories etc...
Hope we are all clear now. Smile

Oh and Aoife: When you double post, please put 'SFTDP' in the second post, (Sorry For The Double Post) Smile

~Jonathon
Back to top Go down
Aoife Quinn
District 10
Aoife Quinn

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 11:46 am

But that's my point, I wouldn't have to make a second post if I could edit my first one, and I don't want to have to bother people when I constantly have to edit mine because on my forum, I make mistakes all the time and don't catch it the first time I proof read it. Even on fics, I do that. And if someone did put less than they have because they forgot about , shouldn't they be allowed to edit it right away to add more to their post? If a mod or admin isn't on at the time or doesn't respond right away, then they have to wait. That's not really good especially if the person they're RPing with has already perhaps read and made a response post to them. I don't know about other people, but I get stressed as hell when I notice I've made a mistake and can't fix it. If I could edit something right away and not have to PM someone just to fix it and then PM the partner(s) I'm RPing with, instead of taking about five minutes, it'd take two seconds and a lot less stress. Know what I mean?

As for if someone breaking the rules, someone could screen shot it before they deleted it if anyone noticed? Or just let an admin/mod know. I doubt people are going to PM a person of importance and accuse someone of breaking a big rule if they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Talia Alderwood
District 7

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 8:04 pm

So I know I'm new to this site, xD, but I had an Idea.

What if we RP'd out the reaping in each district? Or do we? xD It would give a chance to gather the characters, put them though the stress that they face ( And one of the most entertaining things xD) and inevitably interest people more plot wise.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, we're doing that this year! The games are coming up and last last, they were rather rushed. However, this year we decided to alter quite a few things, among that, allow time to RP out the reaping, and a little bit of the Capitol week etc.

Aoife - you make a valid point, but since this site is still rather small, I don't know how effective that would be until it grows. For now, we're sticking with the decision we made a little while ago and I'm sorry. Though, later, according to how much it changes, we will reconsider a few things, though no promises it will change. :/ Hope that works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestion Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion Box   Suggestion Box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Box
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: OOC :: Chat-
Jump to: