The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm

((Haha, okay.
(AND MORE WORDS)))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:31 pm

"District Three, is it? Brains indeed. Not that the Capitol doesn't have brains. After all, the invented the Games. And without the Games. ...Well. The Games are what they are. And what they are is useful."

Taryn couldn't help but agree that the Capitol was smart; however, the second part of her statement repulsed her so much she didn't give it any thought. "Useful!" She spat. Her voice was rising and she knew it was a matter of time before someone heard and found them. "How can you think that's useful? Maybe for the Capitol! They're just playing their cards! They are watching us die for their entertainment! They think that doing this will set usright in fear! A rebellion is spurting up right under their eyes, and they're to busy stuffing their faces and watching us die to care!" Taryn stopped to take a breather. She knew there was no real rebellion. Well, there was hardly anyone involved. 

"Well if your from District 3, how did you get here?" The Naomi girl had asked.

In Taryn's rage, she said the first hing that popped into her head. "I bloody walked! Have you never heard of going under the fence? Well, yours being charged I dropped over! Is it really that hard?" Taryn realized a little too late that she was still shouting. She felt really bad. The Naomi girl wasn't being that bad and Taryn was blowing up in her face. Taryn felt even worse when she said her friend died in the game. She extended her hand and placed in on Naomi's shoulder. Speaking softly she spoke. "My brother was killed as well."

"In your perspective, the Games are a curse, the cause of bloodshed and tears and probably the thing you hate the most. But in my view, the Games are...the only thing that matters. What I'm saying is - one man's trash is another's treasure. ...Or, in this case - one man's nightmare is another's daydream."

Taryn's eyes blazed. The only thing that matters. Those words danced around her brain, working her last nerve. She looked around and noticed that some people had turned and were watching them tentitively. Taryn began to panic a little. She could NOT draw attention to herself. Keeping her voice as low as possible she turned to Naomi. "You should be used to this by now, you are from 4 after all."
Turning to will she added. "Why did I ever come here? Your heartless, hopeless, and bloodthirsty. I won't be seeing you then. She nodded and then added, "see you in the games." She knew that if they ever did find each other in the games, Taryn would make to it, Will's death would be the most humiliating. .....killed by a small wire. But if they did not meet, Taryn knew she would see her on tv. Her death there was good enough for her. 

Casting one last fuming glance at Will, Taryn blended into the shadows and walked quietly off. If they followed her, fine. If not, all the better. However she decided that if her path crossed with Naomi again, she would tell her of the railway. She knew Naomi could be trusted.

Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Will threw back her head and laughed. The laugh went on and on, echoing through the wood. She stood up slowly, still laughing, and stared after Taryn. "This is my life, ladies and gents! Behold the miracle that is Will! Frightening children all the way from my misbegotten cradle to my early grave. Hey! District Three girl!" she yelled after Taryn, and followed the younger girl at a run. Long training had taught her a lope that was both swift and energy-efficient. She caught up to Taryn rapidly. "Hey, there. I'm sorry- I didn't mean to offend you. I meant that the games are useful to me, because of...this." She gestured at her knife. "Believe me, I'm all for preventing innocent deaths. But sometimes you can't, and then you have to take as many baddies down with you as you can, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 pm

((I never said what my name was))
Naomi was beginning to trust the girl from District 3 Will on the other hand... she disliked her more and more. Naomi nodded in agreement with what the girl from 3 said and jumped a little when she put her hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry about your brother. I have eight." she whispered back. Naomi laughed "Used to it? Ha! I'm either at home or on the sea! I rarely talk to anyone! I go to school every tuesday but I never speak to anyone.So no I'm not used to careers." When the girl began to walk off she ran to catch up with her "Hey! If you need a place to stay fora while my home is open. It'll be crowded but cosy and warm. she knew her brothers would kill her for that later. They already had enough mouths to feed but she couldn't let this girl get caught by the Peacekeepers.
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:42 pm

((I will wait for Taryn. Just FYI, though - Will is scaring me. Really.))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 am

((sorry about that))

"Used to it? Ha! I'm either at home or on the sea! I rarely talk to anyone! I go to school every tuesday but I never speak to anyone.So no I'm not used to careers."

"I'm sorry.... I-I shouldn't assume." Taryn heard exactly what she was expecting: laughter. She walked even faster. Why did she ever come here?
Hey, there. I'm sorry- I didn't mean to offend you. I meant that the games are useful to me, because of...this ....Believe me, I'm all for preventing innocent deaths. But sometimes you can't, and then you have to take as many baddies down with you as you can, y'know?"

"Excuse me, but I don't have a problem with killing people. I will kill as many people as I need to as long as it means the Capitol will fail." She glared directly at Will. She could not believe she had followed her. It was making her more and more angry and she did not want to lose her temper.

"Hey! If you need a place to stay fora while my home is open. It'll be crowded but cosy and warm."
"Thanks a lot, It really means a lot. But I do actually have to be somewhere in a little while." She knew that they were going to ask eventually so she decided there was no avoiding it. "In case your wondering ....I have no desire to go home. My friends know that I have a good cause to be home and my mom......" She didn't want to tell them that. "Look, have either of you guys seen a man around here that looks an awful lot like me and you've never seen him around here before?"
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:41 pm

"Look, have either of you guys seen a man around here that looks an awful lot like me and you've never seen him around here before?"
Will had ignored the girl's other tirades, but now she straightened. "You've lost someone too? I mean. Uh." She flushed slightly. "That was stupid. No, I haven't seen anyone, but I will keep my eyes open." Though she seemed brusque, Will was really trying to be nice. It just wasn't working too well.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:11 pm

"Oh. OK. But, if you ever do need a place to hang, go down to the docks and ask for Naomi. Everyone there knows me." she smiled a little. "Look, have either of you guys seen a man around here that looks an awful lot like me and you've never seen him around here before?" a curious look crossed Naomi's face "Um. Yeah, actually I have. He was talking to Old Man Owing down at the docks this morning. Then he got on a fishing boat with him. I bet he'll be there tomorrow again or he'll have to come in to the docks eventually."
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 8:45 pm

"You've lost someone too? I mean. Uh."
Taryn heard in the back of her mind. She looked around and then stupidly found the speaker. "oh.... right. Thanks." That was so stupid of her. Why did she ask that, of course they haven't seen her Dad. He's ....dead. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but she knew deep down it was true. Somewhere in the near distance Taryn heard the N girl speaking to her. "Yeah, thanks, that'd be nice." She smiled in earnest. She knew she would never there though, she couldn't bear to make anyone pay for food for her. She drew a twirl in the sand with her shoes. Now that she wasn't about to bite anyone's head off, she kind of wished to stay. She wanted to take her shoes off, let her toes feel the real beach sand. As long as she was away from the Careers, she wanted to experience the Ocean.

"Um. Yeah, actually I have. He was talking to Old Man Owing down at the docks this morning. Then he got on a fishing boat with him. I bet he'll be there tomorrow again or he'll have to come in to the docks eventually."
Taryn's head shot up. "What?! I'm mean ....sorry." She knew it couldn't be her father .....could it? Well, even if it wasn't her father, everyone from her district looked alike. If she was to look for this misterious person, she had to stay away from the Peacekeepers.... "I've changed me mind. As soon as I clear something up with someone, I actually would like to stay with you for a little while, on one condition! I provide food every four days. I'll let you taste some meat you've never had before! You must be getting tired of fish by now." She smiled again.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:50 am

((I will wait for Will.))
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 2:58 pm

"I'll let you taste some meat you've never had before! You must be getting tired of fish by now."
"Sure you want to say that around me?" asked Will wryly. "I might report you to the Capitol. Don't worry, I won't, though. See how sweet I am? Besides, I hate the Capitol. Does that surprise you? I could yell it in the streets and do you know what? No one would care. I'm their toy, their plaything, and when I'm broken, they'll get a new one. They don't realize I'm already broken. But I know. I and Death." She looked up at the sky. "Isn't that right, Death. We all have our secrets and you know them all. Death knows where your lost one is, Taryn. She lowered her eyes to the other girl's face. "Whether he's here or in the lands of the dead, Death knows where he is. I told you he was the king of all."
((My two reactions here:
1 - creepy-death-obsessed!Will is really obnoxious and can't stay on the track of a conversation.
2 - I totally want Terry Pratchett's Death of Rats to show up and tell her off. "SQUEAK."))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm

"I've changed me mind. As soon as I clear something up with someone, I actually would like to stay with you for a little while, on one condition! I provide food every four days. I'll let you taste some meat you've never had before! You must be getting tired of fish by now." Naomi began to smile at the first but it quickly faded when she said the "one condition" part. "Um... I don't think my brothers would like me to do that but... I suppose we could say that you were paying your way..." she rubbed the back of her neck and laughed a little "Well... fish is a little boring... alright you've got a deal. But you've got to tell me your name. she glance at Will "That is if you trust me." she said.

She listened to Will talk. Naomi looked skeptical "Alright Will. You don't like the Capitol. That's........ interesting. "I and Death. Isn't that right, Death. We all have our secrets and you know them all. Death knows where your lost one is, Taryn. Whether he's here or in the lands of the dead, Death knows where he is. I told you he was the king of all." When she heard this she turned pale 'Okay. This girl is insane.'. "Um... yeah... whatever you say Will" she said and turned to Taryn "I suppose I know your name now! So... um follow me to my house." she turned back to Will "It was nice to see you again Will. Good-bye for now." she said and turned toward the Slum and began to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 pm

"I might report you to the Capitol. Don't worry, I won't, though. See how sweet I am? Besides, I hate the Capitol..."

Taryn swore under her breath, she didn't think about that. "Okay, thanks, I appreciate it." She was just itching to add a comment to what she said about hating the Capitol, but she kept her mouth shut, she didn't want to get in a fight again.

After a moments thought, Naomi agreed. "Thanks so much! Oh ...it's Taryn, no offence or anything, but you are?"

Taryn was about to announce that she had to go and talk to someone, but she caught Will rambling something and her name was slipped in there. Confused, she turned to her. "Excuse me?"

Naomi began to walk away and Taryn followed. She felt weird about just leaving Will there, she wanted to say something else to her but she didn't know what. "Wait, please please don't tell any peacekeepers!!" She pleaded. She still didn't trust Will, but she knew by leaving, she was taking a great leap of faith.

((erm, I guess this thread is over. Naomi, would you mind starting a new thread at your house? Will, I guess you can try and see if you can rp with anyone else.....))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:13 pm

((Naomi has already told you her name. Sorry if that sounded rude....))
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:43 pm

((Okay))
Will raised a hand in ironic salute. "Your wish is my command, lady." She stood, still and straight as an arrow, watching the girls walk away. "Just you and me again, Death," she murmured, sinking slowly to the ground and drawing her knife. "Were you ever young and hopeful like they are? I must have, but I can't remember it." She slowly drew her knife across the fragile skin on her forearm, blood welling through the silvery scars. "It seems so long ago. So long since I spoke to one untouched by you. So long since I met you first. And...and I envy them their ignorance." Silence fell in the wood, save for the small rustles of animals and the slow, steady drip-drip of blood on leaves.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 am

((Oh I should probably go start the new thread... wow sorry!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2