The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Late September Showers ((OPEN))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amelia Benedict
District 5
Amelia Benedict

Late September Showers ((OPEN)) Empty
PostSubject: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:54 pm

The constant thunder was beginning to get on Ophelia’s nerves. She wished it would just rain already and make the day even darker that it was at the moment. Wind would be nice too. Wind gave a storm life in a mysterious way that even Ophelia couldn’t help being fascinated by. The ground was dry and cracked; it seemed to be crying out for rain. Ophelia smiled her usual crazed smile as she personified the ground as a child, weeping for water. She enjoyed the child’s pain and it’s cries imaginary echoed in her ears like music, music far sweeter that any string could produce.

She walked down the road at a steady pace. Ophelia had nothing to do and nowhere to be, on any other day she would be working a shift in one of the labs, but today was the one day of the week that she had the evening off. The rest of the day had been filled with school. All day she’d pretended to be Arwyn, the annoyingly unintelligent persona that couldn’t remember anything about herself or Amelia. Ophelia hated Arwyn, she was irritating to play as well, always ditzy and nice. If she had a choice, Ophelia would always choose to be Amelia, but if she were always Amelia, then people would begin to suspect something was amiss. She didn’t mind pretending to be someone else, as a matter of fact, she quite enjoyed being Amelia, but Ophelia’s favorite part about pretending to be someone else was that she could hide away, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the perfect moment to make herself known. That moment was a long way away, but it was guaranteed that when she did make herself know, death would be involved. Imagining the looks on her classmates’ and teachers’ faces when they realized what would happen to them made Ophelia laugh, a clear sound that was both lovely and eerie

Ophelia stopped laughing within a few moments and began humming a tune a she walked. Arwyn was always happy no matter the situation, and as Ophelia was nearing a few houses, she had to play the part of Arwyn once more. She turned her crazed smile into a much nicer one and to add to the effect, she began to sing;

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I've heard of
Once in a lullaby

The bluebirds fly so high
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then oh why can't I

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

The Bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then oh why can't I
Why then oh why can't I

The wind began to pick up and for a moment Ophelia lost her facade. The wind whipped her reddish-brown hair around her face and she smiled as the trees shook from the wind and the faint pitter-patter of rain began to grow steadier. Ophelia corrected her facial expression quickly and she continued to walk with a bit more bonce in her step, knowing that Arwyn loved rain. After a few more steps, Ophelia saw a figure step out of the forest not very far from where she was. “Hey! What where you doing in there?” She asked in Arwyn’s kind voice.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 pm

As soon as the train came to a stop, Taryn jumped out the window before people could start filing out and they saw her. Tears blurred her vision and there was a monster of anger inside of her. Ever since they found out about District 11, they were going to send her back home. She couldn’t go home. Her father was out here somewhere and she had to find him. If she went home, her neurotic mother would either be dead or she would beat Taryn like she used to until Taryn could no longer breath. If they were going to send her home, then she would result to running away… or something. She would stay in this district (whichever one it was, she was too busy sulking to listen to that) hide out and live there until the train came back again. She would walk back in proudly, stop her previous ways or go home. She wasn’t even sure yet, she knew it would be far away. The train only came to the same district twice once a month. Sometimes more though if a situation needed it.

She wiped her eyes preparing for whatever was going to happen next. She walked up the stairs, out of the underground and breathed in fresh, sweet air. She heard a faint, Taryn calling from below. Taryn’s shoulders fell. It was her best friend Stan. Possibly her only friend since Izzie went missing. She didn’t even say goodbye to him. She knew that she was too angry and her anger would lash out at him. She couldn’t let that be his last memory of her for a while. She had left a note, he would see it and know where she was. Hopefully that was enough. She felt so awful for how she had been to him recently. She sniffed and took in a few deep breath. She wiped her eyes making a promise that these would be the last tears for a while. Her father could still be alive, and she wouldn’t keep beating herself up about other things.

She set off into the woods. All of the underground railway stations were away from the Districts in the woods outside. She made her way through the overgrown until she found the wall. She walked all the way around it looking for an opening. Once she found one, she crawled under until she once again found herself in more woods. She walked through them attempting to find her way as best as possible. She began to hear rain relentlessly battering the tops of the trees. She would occasionally feel rain water drop on her head. She smiled approvingly. It would be much easier to sneak into the District unnoticed through the rain. She could find a shack and hide out there for a while, adapt. She noticed by the wall that it was a decently large District, so it would be easier than her own to get around. The kids necessarily hadn’t seen everyone in school had they… she clung onto feeble hope and pressed forwards. The trees started to thin and by now she felt the rain really coming down on her.

The girl saw her before she noticed the girl. “Hey! What where you doing in there?” A kind bubbly voice shouted. Taryn didn’t like kind and bubbly. It was annoying and she could see right through that kind of person. But she knew that although acting like it would make her in an even worse mood later, she had to do it too. Acting is what saved her in District two and that’s what would hopefully save her now.

“Oh!” She called in a shrill –high pitched- voice. “You see my home is way on the other side of the District. I didn’t want to walk that far in the rain. I would get soaked! I hoped that maybe hiding in here would at least give me some cover until the rain stopped! Well… what are you doing out here? Shouldn’t you be inside?” She came closer to the girl, but stayed far enough away where her facial features weren’t completely distinguishable. She knew she had to play it safe, she couldn’t get caught. She noticed that the girl looked a little older than her, but she suspected they were very close in age. Maybe even the same grade. Of all people to run into, why her she moaned to herself, while keeping a sickly sweet smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Amelia Benedict
District 5
Amelia Benedict

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 pm

“Oh! You see my home is way on the other side of the District. I didn’t want to walk that far in the rain. I would get soaked! I hoped that maybe hiding in here would at least give me some cover until the rain stopped! Well… what are you doing out here? Shouldn’t you be inside?” Came the reply. The girl's voice was shrill, it reminded Ophelia of what she thought Arwyn's voice sounded like. If she hadn't been pretending to be Arwyn, she would have challenged the girl, what she said didn't make sense. The rain had only starte, there was no way the girl had just hidden without being spotted. Ophelia almost said something, but Arwyn was stupid and oblivious, she would never notice anything like that, let alone point it out.

The sudden preasure in her brain warned Ophelia that she was going to sink back into the recesses of her mind and let either Amelia or Arwyn come to the surface. She wasn't ready to give up her time here. Ophelia clenched her fits, and bit her lip until it bled. Her eyes closed in concetration. It probably looked like she was having some sort of fit, but Ophelia didn't care, she'd do anything to stay here. But the switch was inevitable, she was going. Blackness was closing in on her, she hadn't even had a chance to answer the girl! She tried to fight it harder, but it was too late. Ophelia colapsed, her last though before the blackness overcame her was who would she be next?

Amelia opened her eyes to see a dark raining sky above her and groaned. It had been meer seconds ago that she'd collapsed as Ophelia, and now all she could do was wait for the memories to come rushing back. Swicthing from Ophelia to anyone else was hard. Ophelia always fought, hard. A warm salty liquid filled her mouth. Blood. Ophelia had bitten her lip till she'd drawn blood...again. Amelia spit out the blood and sat up. Her head hurt too; and asphalt road was not the best thing to fall on. She looked around and her eyes fell on a girl a few feet away from her. The memories came flooding back. Amelia smiled, a different smile then the on that had been on her face mere minutes ago. This smile was intellegent but kind. Ophelia would be pleased that it was Amelia she'd changed into and not Arwyn. Since Amelia and Ophelia shared the same quick witted intelligence. "Really?" Amelia mused, looking up at the girl from her place on the ground. "I didn't see you before! I'm sure I would have seen you go into the trees, the road's fairly straight, it's hard to miss people out here." She continued. "As for me, I just got out of school and figured I'd take a walk around the District, you know, get some fresh air. I love the rain and don't mind getting wet, so it's quite an opportunity!" Amelia paused thoughtfully, wondering how to get this girl to stumble and let her know that she didn't belong in District Five. "What about you? What brings you out to this area, since you live on the other side of the District? Where do you live? 'Cause if it's too far away, I could help you build a shelter here or something. I'm more of traveler myself, I don't live in one house for long..."

As a matter of fact, Amelia was currently without a place to live. She'd come full circle and would probably have to find her own home now, her neighbors had supported her long enough. Amelia didn't want to stay in District Five any longer though. For weeks she'd been looking for ways to run away from her home, she didn't hate theCapital in ways that some did. But all she wanted was freedom. She'd toyed with the idea of running off to District Thirteen, or at least trying to find it if it really was completely destroyed. Amelia shook her head slightly, bringing herself out of her thoughts and stood up, wondering how the girl was going to answer her questions.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 pm

The reply she received was slow. The girl looked like she had made up her mind, well, what she was going to say at least. When all of a sudden, everything changed. She wasn’t sure how or why. The girl seemed like she was fighting of something in her head. She bit her lip to the point where small beads of blood spilled down. Taryn quickly noticed the healing scars on her lips. She had done it before. She wasn’t ever observant when it came to petty matters, but something like this didn’t happen everyday. She wanted to remember the account clearly. “You know, biting your lip really does you no good. It just makes them all dry and nasty and then you do it again and it gets worse…” she started, not even sure where she was coming from. She kept up her fake identity. One thing that was good however, is that the girl didn’t seem to recognize that she was from around here yet. The longer she stayed unnoticed by the people, the more of a chance that she wouldn’t get caught. But she was going to keep up the act, even if it was all she had to cling to. The only reason she was still alive and not destroyed by those Peacekeepers in District 2 was because she kept up her drunk act the whole time. Being drunk was better than being a stupid, girly, bumbling teenage girl, but if it rolled off her mind so easily then, it wouldn’t be too hard to keep up.

Then, right before her own two eyes, the girl just… collapsed. Her normal, judgmental, pissy self jumped to many different conclusions (almost all of them leading to how she was so stupid) but she rushed to the girl. “Are you alright?” She called in that annoyingly high voice. However, she girl shifted and got up. Confused, Taryn backed away slightly. The girl seemed to take a little time to recuperate. Finally, something sparked and her dazed confused veil that covered her eyes seemed to lift. “Oh you must be so wet – “ Taryn started again but stopped as the girl seemed to cut her off as if not hearing her at all.
"Really? I didn't see you before! I'm sure I would have seen you go into the trees, the road's fairly straight, it's hard to miss people out here. As for me, I just got out of school and figured I'd take a walk around the District, you know, get some fresh air. I love the rain and don't mind getting wet, so it's quite an opportunity!"
Even though the odds were slightly going down on her part, Taryn couldn’t help but smile. This shallow girl seemed to have suddenly found out how to use her brain. Taryn blatantly dropped her fake accent. At least now she could try and act at least a little bit like herself. “You got me.” She began, liking the sound of her low voice all too much. “I’m not allowed to go hunting according to my parents, but one of my best friends does it, so I had to try. Plus, I figured that if I tried, I would at least …well… maybe have a little bit of training if I ever get reaped.” She quieted her voice and leaned in closer, “it’s a good thing to do in my opinion. You’re never safe and I don’t want to die in those things.” In reality, she wouldn’t care too much if she died in the games, as long as she did justice to her brother. She had no family anymore. Her father was missing and her mother hated her. And the railway was now threatening to kick her out.

The girl then asked her what brought her here. And how far a way she lived. “Well, you seem the woods here are better, plus it’s much farther away from my parents. And my parent’s friends. You see, if I were ever to get caught, I would be grounded for who knows how long!” She thought about mentioning a boy friend, but she couldn’t go that far. She knew the names of no one, it was too risky. Plus, she probably looked pretty ratty now after months on the train. “And, I live around 3 to 5 miles away. I got up early to come here before it got light. And I’ve been camping out here all day. Though I figured in the cover of the rain, I might be able to make it home in time.” Taryn finished. This new ‘real’ her still seemed a little unintelligent, but she was much better than the girl before. “And that’s very nice of you, but if I run, I can get back in less than an hour.”
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:57 pm

heh heh. I'm stalking, just FYI
Back to top Go down
Amelia Benedict
District 5
Amelia Benedict

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Amelia’s eyes narrowed as the girl demeanor changed. It was a subtle change, but it was one that Amelia could notice and was used to, she knew the difference from how Arwyn stood and talked compared to how Ophelia stood and talked when she was actually being her crazed psychopath self. That’s a part of you too. You’re a crazed psychopath killer too. Amelia thought. There wasn’t much she could do about it though, what could she do? Turn herself in and have them lock her up? They probably wouldn’t even lock her up, they wouldn’t believe her. Amelia scoffed: they’d think it was one of Arwyn’s nightmares. 

The girl looked like she was about to speak, so Amelia focused on what she had to say. There was something about this girl that set her off, it had set Ophelia off as well and she wanted to find it out. “You got me. I’m not allowed to go hunting according to my parents, but one of my best friends does it, so I had to try. Plus, I figured that if I tried, I would at least …well… maybe have a little bit of training if I ever get reaped. It’s a good thing to do in my opinion. You’re never safe and I don’t want to die in those things. Well, you seem the woods here are better, plus it’s much farther away from my parents. And my parent’s friends. You see, if I were ever to get caught, I would be grounded for who knows how long! And, I live around 3 to 5 miles away. I got up early to come here before it got light. And I’ve been camping out here all day. Though I figured in the cover of the rain, I might be able to make it home in time. And that’s very nice of you, but if I run, I can get back in less than an hour.”

Her mouth was slowly filling with blood from her pierced lip and she spat it out as soon as the girl finished talking so she wouldn’t be impolite. She wiped her mouth with a look of disgust at Ophelia’s doings. “Thank you Ophelia. I so appreciate it.” She said quietly her voiced laced with lethal sarcasm. She looked at the girl again wondering if she’d heard, but was reminded of the several questions that were begging to be asked and her attention turned to them instead.

“It takes you about an hour to run three to five miles? Is that as the crow flies or is that following the streets? I understand your need to hunt and stuff, training for the games is always good, you never know if you’re going to be chosen.” She said wincing. Her brother, the one Ophelia had killed by stabbing a steak knife in his chest multiple times had always wanted to be in the games. Ophelia had killed him first. She still remembered what Ophelia had said: “See James? This is what would’ve happened to you in the games.” It was hard to believe her lips had uttered those very words and that her hand had done such awful things, but Amelia dealt with it as best she could. She had loved her family, she really had, but Ophelia hadn’t and Ophelia was the only one who had the strength to do anything about it.

Amelia shivered, she was soaking wet from her less then graceful fall in the puddle. She wasn’t exactly sure what she was supposed to do next, she rarely had a chance to meet people who didn’t know her by sight. Amelia cleared her throat tentatively. “I’m Amelia, by the way, Amelia Benedict. It’s nice to meet you.” She said shyly.
Back to top Go down
Willow Fidele
Admin
District 11
Avox
Willow Fidele

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:12 pm

((ditto to what Sparky said: This thread is being stalked by moi))
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltholywatergunscheck.tumblr.com
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:16 pm

((I have NO muse. Sorry it's so short))

As soon as Taryn finished talking, the gril spit blood onto the ground. To anyone else, that would be seen as rude, though her face held most of the same expression as before as if she wasn't trying to be rude in the slightest. Above all else, that was certainly peculiar. Actually, something about this girl in general was peculiar. Though Taryn wasn't going to go and point any fingers. The same was probably to be said about her.

Sighing, Taryn spoke again. It was her regular voice, but really, the girl she was portraying was nothing like her. "Well, less than that actually, I don't know the exact amount, I just say around an hour to give myself time for spontaneous things or if I'm not feeling well and I need to rest or anything like that."
Taryn, in fact, could run 5 miles in a half an hour on a good day, 3 in less than twenty minutes. Though, she would know the distance better and give herself 5 minutes of lee-way time. However, saying that little statement about the running that the girl lingered upon was decent enough. In her opinion it supported her 'first time hunting' comment. That was a very important thing to remember on the railway. If you get caught, take an identity, and stay with that identity. Taryn had already broken that once, switching from her girly 'I don't know anything' to a slightly more coy girl. No matter what, she wasn't changing anything again.

"I'm August." She smiled, it was a common enough name - in her district at least. She didn't provide a last name which washer best bet. "And I've heard the name before and you look moderatly familiar like I've seen you once or twice. But it is a pleasure meeting someone new. Where I live, I know everyone." Taryn bit her lip, she had said way too much. Though she did sound pretty normal, if the girl so much as inquired, she was done. However, for now, that was all she had to cling to. Act pretty normal. If it was believable, Amelia wouldn't even have to inquire.

"It's nice to meet you too!" She said, putting on her fake smile again. She had to find a way to get out. Soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late September Showers ((OPEN))   Late September Showers ((OPEN)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late September Showers ((OPEN))
Page 1 of 1