The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} Empty
PostSubject: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm

She raised her head as her father addressed her, she tried to block him to remember what page in his she was in. But it was to much thinking and a headache began in her head. She placed a fake smile on her face as he scolded her for forgetting the dishes the other night. And Felicity remembered well why she had forgotten. She forgot because her mind was still troubled with what had happened the other day. When the Peacekeepers had came and gotten Jay. One of her best friends from school. He came to her house that night and ate with them but as far as she knew he wasn't like himself last night. He was more troubled then she had became when he had left... what had the Peacekeepers done to him?

Felicity looked down and the last of her fathers words registered into her mind and suddenly she became aware that he was talking about Jay. Her eyes had widened and she looked up at his retreating back as he left, he was right. They had to watch out for the peacekeepers. She replayed when he said silently and said them under her breath,
"Watch out for the peacekeepers today.... they seem a bit off and you don't want to end up like Jay Masterson anyways." She held her breath for a moment wondering what is going on in her district. Maybe someone finally got away with stealing some food or something of the sorts? She stood and walked out of the room she shared with one of her older brothers and her younger brother.

Her toes curled as she touched the dirt covered ground and looked around, no one was out around this time except for a few people. Her father would even be asleep if he didn't have to go to work. But it seemed that today was another work day but not a school day. She turned her head looking back at the house where her brothers slept. Soon Shamen her oldest brother would wake up to prepare breakfast. She turned and walked away towards a safe haven. Or atleast what she thought to be one, her feets moved slowly and the hems of her swaying dressed danced around her legs. The dress was a light blue and she was planning on dressing in regular clothes. But she changed her mind when she decided on where she where she was going to go. Felicity sat down near the fence and crossed her legs under her watching the people as they walked around. She knew they didn't see her because they didn't pay attention well. Not as well as she ever did.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:30 am

Jonathon’s feet hit the ground hard; he was off for his jog. A task he always did at least once a day, it was his way of keeping fit, one of the things that he prized above everything else. His breathing was quite heavy, though not a bellowing gasp, and his eyes darted from left to right in order to see if there was any sign of trouble, as there always was in District 2, always some fight going on, and Jonathon had to admit, they were rather amusing until the Peacekeepers came and broke them up, though he didn’t really care.

It was early, yes, but the cold didn’t bother Jonathon, after all District 2 wasn’t all to cold anyway, his hands rubbed together as he continued on his journey, his head turning around here and there, looking deeper into his home, the place he had grown up in, the place he would hopefully die in, unless his name was read out for the Hunger Games. Not that the thought of that scared him in any way, if that was his path he would take it, no matter what, he wasn’t too afraid of death, and his life would hopefully go on much longer. Jonathon’s breathing was now quick and it whisped into the morning air his arms swinging quickly at his sides and his feet hit the ground consecutively. The sun was just about beginning to rise and Jonathon took in its beauty for a few seconds before moving onwards.

Jonathon remembered the day his mother had died, of course he wasn’t actually there, but he could remember walking in and seeing her look at him and then pass away, he was thirteen then, and he had cried, since then he had learnt to not waste tears, and only use them when they were completely necessary. Jonathon had taken out his anger by attacking the wall, some of the marks were still there, and Jonathon always hit the wall out of anger, though for once he hadn’t done so for about a week. Jonathon’s hands had several marks upon them from the years of anger he had to let out, in some cases his temper tantrums were sometimes lethal to those near him, he had on the odd occasion hit people near him in his tantrums, though his father was usually on hand to stop him, he had that little thing which meant that Jonathon could be restrained and calmed down.

Jonathon turned the corner to find a girl in a dress.... This confused him a lot, was she for real? Well she obviously was, but a dress in District 2? She was sat next to a fence, a fence that Jonathon had ran past several times, so before Jonathon made his ove towards her, he wiped away his sweat and walked over, “So a dress in District 2 ey? You’re a brave one I’ll give you that.”
Back to top Go down
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:50 pm

As she watched a few people move by she didn't notice the young man who approched her. She looked up just as he spoke, “So a dress in District 2 ey? You’re a brave one I’ll give you that.” She noticed that he had a husky like brutish voice along with looks. Felicty grinned slightly and she stood not wanting to seem small as she sat. But even on her own to feet she was at a disadvantage and was shorter then him by maybe three or five inches.

"Yes I guess not many girls my age in the district enjoys the freedom of dresses anymore do they?" she shrugged. Felicity loved dresses. This was one of her mother's dresses that she had gotten when she was younger. She loved to wear it because it held her mother's sweet scent. She smiles kindly at the young man but a flag went up inside telling her that she should watch out around him. "My name is Felicity Mattheus. I've never meet you before." she stretched her hand out for him to shake.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 pm

Jonathon eyed the girl intently, she seemed to be one of those, graceful types, not that Jonathon had anything against that, but he didn’t make any indication of distaste to her actions. “No, I don’t think anyone in District 2 wears a dress, it doesn’t usually go with the vibe.” He said with a slight raise of his eyebrow in reply. Then the girl introduced herself, "My name is Felicity Mattheus. I've never meet you before." Jonathon crinkled his face to one side slightly, before replying, “Uhm well then I’m Jonathon, Jonathon Moyers. And no I have definitely not met you before...”

Jonathon didn’t immediately take the girls hand; you had to be wary of your surroundings before making movements in District 2, even though it was better off than almost every other District in Pannem. After a while he shook her hand firmly, his aura of roughness slightly shown in his actions. He was taller than felicity, it was by about four inches, and she was rather tall for a girl, which Jonathon didn’t fail to notice. His arms shuffled at his sides, he could tell that she wasn’t a full on District 2 citizen, though he wasn’t in a rude mood to ask where she had come from originally. Jonathon’s heart rate had decreased now, and he had regained a large amount of his breathe back, his eyes darted around as they always did, looking for any sign of trouble, a common event these days.

He then decided to break the iceberg, “So then Felicity, your second name doesn’t spark any memories of mine, and your right we haven’t met before, so what’s happened in your past then? Mattheus is a second name I haven’t heard of before?” His eyebrows were raised once more. Slowly his mouth formed into a smile and he said, “Ah well, it doesn’t really matter that much. You seem to fit in anyway, and before you ask how I “know” the answer is you just don’t look like a District 2 person.” Jonathon’s hands placed themselves on his hip, and his leg slanted slightly, though he didn’t drop to the same height as Felicity.

Back to top Go down
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:55 am

“Uhm well then I’m Jonathon, Jonathon Moyers. And no I have definitely not met you before...” So his name was Jonathon and hes a Moyer... well that didn't tell her much and she didn't recall any memory of seeing him at school at all. But who knows maybe he's good at not being noticed or for some reason she was a bit careless at school. The second choice was more obviouse. She knew lots of faces but less names then she can remember.

She crossed her arms over his chest after he shook her hand. His shake was a bit rough and you could tell by his hands that hes a good worker. Felicity had noticed earlier how he had hesitated when he shook her hand, and she knew then that something about her was a bit of a question to him. It was probably still the dress.

“So then Felicity, your second name doesn’t spark any memories of mine, and your right we haven’t met before, so what’s happened in your past then? Mattheus is a second name I haven’t heard of before?” she was about to speak but decided to stop and think of what to tell him.. maybe that she came to the district when she was younger and had no memory of before then? It sounded a bit odd to her really. But she didn't know if she should really tell him about herself when she had just met him.

His voice broke through her thoughts,
“Ah well, it doesn’t really matter that much. You seem to fit in anyway, and before you ask how I “know” the answer is you just don’t look like a District 2 person.” in the back of her mind she really was trying to figure out how he knew. Her brother's didn't know and not even her father. Her mother was the one that knew everything. But Fell was to careless living a life here to try to get answers out of the woman she calls her mother. She almost sighed but decided she rather not and just talk like she always would.

She smiled and said, "Yeah well I don't really know where I come from. Its a bit of a mystery to me." her smile turned into a grin as she said, "And yeah I try my best if I can to fit in. Just a bit hard when you know you don't belong here like the rest of you guys do." she rolled her eyes and shifted her feet a bit so she was more comfortable, her hip jutted out to the side a bit. "But yeah the dress was just a random thing for a comfortable day. So how about you? What side of the district do you live on?" maybe he doesn't live anywhere by her and thats why she doesnt know him.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:34 am

Jonathon listened to Felicity again; she said that she didn’t really know where she came from, so Jonathon didn’t see the need to question her. After all he couldn’t think of any Questions to ask in the first place, his eyes narrowed in slightly at her Question, "But yeah the dress was just a random thing for a comfortable day. So how about you? What side of the district do you live on?” Jonathon didn’t answer immediately, he had to think for a while on how to come across, he didn’t think that this girl was of any danger to him, and his mouth then began to form the reply, “I live to the east of the District, just up the path that leads into the main Square.” He didn’t tell Felicity the actually location of his house, he didn’t want to give that much away.

He knew almost all of District 2, he had lived there all his life, and it was his homeland, he didn’t love it, nor did he hate it. He now moved back to his full height, and looked into the distance watching the people of District 2 going by, doing the things that they did every day; life was so boring when nothing was happening in the world, only when the Hunger Games happened did any fun occur, Jonathon knew that they were happening as he spoke, but he didn’t bother to watch them, it was the screaming of other Districts citizens when they went up which amused him more than anything, though he always seemed to have a stabbing feeling of sympathy towards them. Jonathon knew he wasn’t all hardcore; he still had emotions, even if they didn’t fluctuate around him as much as they did in other people.

A thought then occurred in Jonathon’s mind, “Wait, if you say you don’t belong here, you’ve made quite a convincing move in; I mean it took me a while to realise. So well done on your part I suppose.” Jonathon let out a small sigh, and the wind picked up a bit, causing Jonathon to rethink his option of clothing, he was wearing shorts, and he could tell the weather was going to change for the worst as it always seemed to do whenever he wanted to do something for his own amusement, but the weather was one of the rare things that Jonathon couldn’t control, and that fact made him angry in a way, but not physically more in a mental essence.

“Where you thinking of going anywhere today, because I would rather go inside, weathers picking up.” He said, making a small nod in the direction of the wind, hoping that Felicity would understand.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:41 am

She waited while he thought once again in that head of his about what she had asked. He's probably wondering whether Felicity would ever try to stalk him or something like that. Maybe report him to peacekeepers on a false report. She rolled her eyes mentally. She was friends with some of the peacekeepers but she never ran to them when she got a hissy fit or was angry with someone. It took him about a whole 3 minutes before he replied, “I live to the east of the District, just up the path that leads into the main Square.” oddly she lived in the upper north-east side of the district from the Main Square. So she knew she lived a bit close but not to close. She might've saw him around once but it was strange she couldn't remember though....

She looked up at the sky a-bit as they both were quiet for a moment. She was kinda wondering if her father would be expecting her to pick up her brother Donovan from the lower part of the district. But he could have gotten Jakove or one of the other two boys to do it. Or not. Felicity didn't know what to think, he could probably still be down there playing around with his friend. She almost sighed aloud and she closed her eyes a moment to think.

But his words broke through her thoughts and her gaze went back to him, she would have to go home and change into some clothes she can run faster in. Then she would be able to get her brother quickly and come home.
“Wait, if you say you don’t belong here, you’ve made quite a convincing move in; I mean it took me a while to realise. So well done on your part I suppose.” She was a bit proud of herself for fitting in a bit and she was a bit thankful he had mentioned that, "Yeah I guess... I have been here since I was eight but it feels like a life time." she shrugged. But she almost groaned when she felt the wind pick up. Either it might be raining soon or a storm was gonna come.

She would have to go home, change, get Donovan, and come back as quickly as she can. But she didn't mind the rain. Just her father when hates us coming inside our home wet. “Where you thinking of going anywhere today, because I would rather go inside, weathers picking up.” She nodded and said looking a bit at the sky, "Yeah, I need to go change and pick up my brother in the lower district." she shook her head and said a bit angry now because of the weather change, "I was planning on doing some reading untill I went and got Donovan but I guess thats out of the question."
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:42 am

“You’ve been in District 2 since you where eight? I probably wouldn’t have fit in if I had arrived at the same time as you.” He spoke with a slight shrug, and then he waited to see what Felicity had to say, when she began to talk about picking her brother up from the lower District. “Well I am headed that way to anyway, and yeah reading wouldn’t be the best idea to have at the moment.” Jonathon didn’t have any brothers or sisters, he didn’t really want any, apart from maybe a younger brother, but his mother had died before they had the chance to have any more kids, luckily she wasn’t pregnant when she died, because that would have ruined Jonathon’s emotional state massively.

“So do you want to go for a walk since we’re both headed in generally the same direction?”
Jonathon was actually headed to the lower part of the district, he had made his journey’s path several times, and he knew it like the back of his hand, but he knew that there was no point in him running there if the girl was headed in the same direction as him, she would probably not be able to catch up, even if she wasn’t wearing a dress, Jonathon found her choice of clothing very odd, looking around slightly it came as no surprise to Jonathon that no woman was wearing address, but Jonathon didn’t make a huge deal to Felicity, he was a ‘hard’ person, but he wasn’t nasty if there was no point, and this girl hadn’t said anything offensive, and Jonathon wasn’t sure if it was because he was intimidating or that she really was just a nice person, the main reason Jonathon doubted was because there was rarely anyone in District 2 who could be defined as nice.

“So which school do you go to?” It was a simple question, yes, but Jonathon was interested, and if they went to the same school then it would give Jonathon even more suspicion as to why he had never seen her before, he knew that he was older by about two years, though it still wouldn’t explain why he had never seen this girl before in his life, the thought was actually rather odd for Jonathon.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 am

“You’ve been in District 2 since you where eight? I probably wouldn’t have fit in if I had arrived at the same time as you.” Probably? She wondered what he meant by that but trying to save her brain from thinking to much and going dead she didn't think twice about it. After she spoke about going towards the lower district she paused when he cut it and said, “Well I am headed that way to anyway, and yeah reading wouldn’t be the best idea to have at the moment.”

Felicity nodded in agreement about the reading. She rarely liked reading about fantasy's and such. They didn't interest her. What she liked was the wars of the past, history of the capitol and weapons. She read on angles of how to throw spears and shoot arrows but she knew in mind and soul that those angles weren't at all accurate just for anyone. She found out that she was able to shoot at a comfortable angle, she had a strong throwing arm like her mother had.

For probably the millionth time that day she was pulled out of her thoughts when he continued speaking, “So do you want to go for a walk since we’re both headed in generally the same direction?”. Fell nodded and grinned,
"Sure why not?" she gave a light shrug. She could walk in a dress, run to. But she preferred pants when she ran or sprinted. She looked at him a bit more to see if he seemed familiar. It was odd she didn't recognize him. She mostly knew every face that she came across but his was a mystery. He seemed brutish and hard... she pointed him out to be rude at first and probably a bit mean. But when he spoke he had some manners but asked lots of questions. He seemed to be a person who wants to know whatever there is to know.

She began walking and she heard yet another question,
“So which school do you go to?” she was starting to enjoy the question's game. "There's only two schools in the district. I don't remember the name really much because I really don't care but I go to the school near the main square. Towards the upper side of the district." She answered this truthfully even thought she knew that she should be cautious of what she said. But something inside her just wanted to answer every question the best as she can as if it were a test.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:48 pm

“I know there’s only two schools, it’s just that you go to the other school, I go to the one on the western side of the District, though of course I’ve nearly finished.” He said with a subjective tone. His feet moved, aching slightly after he had stopped running, and his mouth tensed at the weak pain that tried to inflict damage but failed miserably. He withstood the pain and his body moved forward, and slowly he regained his walking stature, long strides which he hoped that Felicity could keep up with. He had always been a good runner and quick at walking, not that it was that important unless you wanted to get away from people, which Jonathon found happening to him almost every day.

Jonathon decided that his questioning was over, and he was rather surprised that a relatively low amount of questions had come from Felicity. Maybe it was just Jonathon’s natural inquisitiveness, but he probably would never know. His arms swung by his sides as he walked, adding even more speed, his shirt offered little protection against the early morning breeze, but he was warm enough for now, his main worry at the moment was if it rained, rain was one of things that Jonathon hated, not the thing he hated most, but it was definitely up there. His hair was a treasure, not a thing for natures wet hands to tough, and rain was nature’s way of messing it up, supplies were low as it was he couldn’t go wasting what little styling things he had, so in a natural burst he moved underneath the covered walk way of the buildings, it offered a huge amount of protection from the top, but it didn’t lose as much from the side, but this fact didn’t bother Jonathon that much, then the rain arrived.

At first it was just a trickle as any other normal storm started off, then slowly but steadily it began to grow in velocity, after about a minute it was rain that was heavy enough for Jonathon to call it ‘bad’. This was definitely a freak storm, and normally Jonathon didn’t mind rain all that much, but today wasn’t just any normal day. His legs began to freeze, and his body started to shiver slightly, he needed to get inside, but he didn’t want to take Felicity to somewhere she was uncomfortable. “God it’s freezing, hate freak weather. I reckon we should go inside.” He said with a slight tone of tactic and chattering to his words, now he began to joj gentle on the spot, one foot after another just to keep warm, his arms still stayed to his sides, but he was tempted to move them around his body, but that would be one of the most embarrassing statures he could make, and he wasn’t quite cold enough to do it just yet.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Mattheus
District 2
Felicity Mattheus

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 am

She had began walking beside him hopping to get to her brother before the storm could pick up badly. But she couldn't help but notice the coldness that had risen in the air. She brought her arms around herself and regrets wearing a dress with half sleeves. Felicity heard what he said about going to the other school she nodded and looked down a bit as she walked. Of course she would forget shoes like a dumb nut headed squirrel she was.

She looked up a bit and her eyes slid towards Jonathon as he walked, he seemed to have been trying to keep himself warm as well. But in a slightly different way. She sighed mentally wishing she could at least try to make small talk. But she was horrible at it and she hated that. Fell clasped her hands together rubbing them. She wondered what Donovan was doing... he probably was inside his little friends house playing around while his sister and a guy accompanying her. She rolled her shoulders and her neck as she begun to feel cold.

As if things could not get worst the cold grew and rain began to fall heavily on them. She sighed and she stopped walking when he dead. She hated the weather because it was to cold and she wasn't pre-paired for it. Fell looked at Jonathon as he moved around to stay warm, at the moment she felt like ducking for cover in anywhere with a fireplace.
“God it’s freezing, hate freak weather. I reckon we should go inside.” She nodded in agreement and said, "Yeah I usually am pre-paired for it but this time I'm a bit under dressed." She looked around wondering where they could go, "I don't live around here and I don't really know anyone who does..." she bites her bottom lip her mind hard a work trying to figure out if she knows anyone who lives near where they are. Maybe they could go and hide there. She stopped thinking and looked at Jonathon, "Where do you suggest we go?"
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Jonathon started to day dream, the rain made his brain imagine things, a wild cat prowled along the wet ground grass rustling behind it, in the distance a Caribou deer stood still unaware of the presence of the beast encircling it with its black slit like eyes, this was a dream that Jonathon had on a regular bases, he had no idea why. The dream formed back into the deer’s point of view, his jaw moving around the grass, swallowing in deep procrastinated gulps. Its ears pricked up ready for the slightest noise to scarper off into the bushes. The rain fell slowly as Jonathon saw an overhead view, the cat shuffled forward, his father’s voice then popped into his head, “The cat finds it’s perfect place, hidden unheard, it is ready, and so must you be.” Jonathon woke from the day dream to hear the end of Felicity’s sentence, “Where do you suggest we go?”

Jonathon stuttered slightly, his senses slowly returning to him, why had he just flashed? What was the point in it, he couldn’t answer any of these questions, he tried to shrug them off, but his brain couldn’t cope with the task, his head ached, his eyes dilated and quickly moved back to their normal state. “Uhm...yeah... erm how about we go to the Taverna? It’s usually quite empty. It’s a pub type thing, but barely anyone goes in there.” He said with a raise of his brow, and quickly he added, ”Oh and it’s quite nearby, but you’ll have to walk over the dirty path for a bit, which is a bit of a downer...” Jonathon didn’t really know what Fell was going to reply with, and in reality that was the second thing on his mind, he was still trying to process why he had day dreamed, it was probably just coincidental but still it scared Jonathon, and it took ALOT to get him scared.

Jonathon thought back to the dream, there was a cat, and a deer, maybe it was just simply representing how to hunt an animal, maybe it was telling him to make the cat his patron...no, that was a rather pathetic idea, Jonathon wasn’t going to become more like an animal, it wasn’t one of his things that he prised on his agenda. Eventually he succeeded in shoving away the thought Jonathon kicked the ground, “Odd..." he managed to whisper under his breath, in the hope that felicity didn’t hear him, his eyes moved to focus on her, he still managed to crack a smile when he saw the dress, why...he had no idea. He spread his hands out and said, “So then miss Mattheus what will it be?”

((My Muse is slowly returning. xD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}   Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who knows maybe today will be just another day... {Jonathon..closed.}
Page 1 of 1