The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just another normal day ... {open to all!}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

Just another normal day ... {open to all!} Empty
PostSubject: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:33 am

Thomas woke up in the bright sun of district 3. It was chilly. He found himself on the floor of a shabby house that no one ever went in anymore, wondering why. Then he remembered the night before, when he ran away from the house to escape from his drunken parents. He shivered at the thought, and stood up. He walked out of the house casually, being blinded by the sun. He left his little sister there, Courtney, knowing that she could find her way back on her own, for she was, after all, about 13 years old.

Tom walked around the district, not really anything on his mind but to get away; he didn’t want to stay in the abandoned, shabby house, and he didn’t want to go back to his house, for he would have to face his sober parents who would most likely beat him for leaving. He walked into a building. Despite the fact that it was early morning, there were quite a few people in there. Most of them he didn’t recognize.

Tom walked up to the counter, feeling around for change in his pocket. His family had a fair enough amount of money, which was good, because whenever the kids had to get away, they would be able to get some stuff to eat. Tom managed to scratch up about 5 dollars and 50 cents, and looked to see what they were serving. The only thing on the menu that looked appealing was chicken soup, so Tom got a bowl of that, and went to an empty table.

Tom sipped on the soup. It warmed his insides, because the weather was very cold outside. In a matter of seconds, so it seemed, the soup was gone, despite the fact that it was a big bowl. Tom quickly returned his bowl to the counter, thanking the waiter, and left.

Tom didn’t have anywhere to go, so he just went back to the shabby house. He sat down, and fell back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sawyer Darmin (Alex)
District 6
Sawyer Darmin (Alex)

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:11 pm

The train rattled noisily as it chugged down the tracks. Only this morning Sawyer had been sitting in her home getting ready for school when she was called down to the town square over the various loudspeakers that hung around the district. It rambled off around fifty or so names in a tinny, static filled voice. Grabbing a thread-worn jacket Sawyer raced out of the house to see what she was supposed to do.

The scientists had said that there was a small disease going around District 3 and that some factory workers from District 6, us, were being shipped there to help isolate the disease and help District 3 with their technology to help them detect the virus. Then, slowly but surely, they were herded into the train cars to head to District 3.

Sitting on the hard wooden seats Sawyer blew on her hands to warm them up. It was freezing this morning. Her stomach gurgled as she tried to settle in her seat. They had been traveling for a long time now. She couldn't remember how long it had been. Finally the train lurched to a sudden halt and the Peacekeepers ushered the factory workers out to take a good long look at the district. It was warmer here Sawyer noticed as she slipped off her jacket and tied it around her waist.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 pm

((You need permission from an admin to go to another district unless you are constantly on the rebel railway. I'll let this one go, but if it happens again and you (or whoever else) does not recieve permission from Will or I, the thread will be locked.))
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Tom eventually came to, and noticed that Courtney had wondered off. Tom fought his protective instincts and force himself to the fact that, once again, she was already a teenager, and she therefore did not need a "baby-sitter," so to speak.

Tom skipped out of the shabby house, suddenly filled with extreme wakefullness. Tom had definitely slept for a few more hours, because, by looking at the sky, he saw that it was around noon. He looked at his watch, to double-check if his instincts were right. Sure enough, his watch said it was barely a quarter after 12. Perfect, Thomas thought to himself. It was the perfect time of day to do anything he pleased. With that, he twirled and hopped all around, for no apparent reason. He stopped dead.

Something wasn't right. He looked far to his right. Right there was a very strange sight. A sight that Tom had never seen before. There was a train-type of smoke-- except that there were no tracks. It just seemed as if there were some kind of underground train or something ...

Tom, finding his senses, did something that could have been very smart, but also very dumb. He shook this thought away, and slowly started to approach the cloud of smoke coming up from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Tegan Stone
District 3

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:05 am

((Am I allowed to join this thread?))
Back to top Go down
http://awkward-hugs.tumblr.com/
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:10 pm

((Definitely! I don't really know where Alex went at the mo ... yeah. Just post when you wanna))
Back to top Go down
Tegan Stone
District 3

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:01 am

((Alright Very Happy))
Tegan crept down the stairs in their large house and into the kitchen to see her father slumped in a chair. His steaming cup of coffee seemed to be untouched. She kissed his forehead and grabbed her bag full of notebooks. wires, and hunting gear. She stopped at the door and looked back at him. "I'll draw you a great picture, okay?" she smiled and darted out the door.

She ran across the the town, at the same time pulling a jacket on her and letting her shoes slip on. People waved to her, the ones that she sold her drawings to. She smiled back at them. She knew that they were all just giving her sympathetic stares.

But then her sight came to her mind and slowed as she approached as she saw smoke rising. There was a boy standing there and Tegan stood next to him and looked up at the smoke. "What is that?" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:35 am

Thomas was startled by this girl appearing out of no where. First there was no one there, then there was this girl asking him what the smoke was. Thomas looked at her. She had straight brown hair. She was holding a bag.

"It's a column of smoke." Thomas replied, then realized how stupid that sounded. "But I believe it's coming from some sort of underground train."

Thomas then realized that if it was some sort of rebel train as he had previously suspected, that some rebels might come out at any moment.

"Come on!" Thomas warned, and dodged into a bush nearby. He peeked through the branches, and ushered the girl to follow.

Before the girl could ask anymore questions, Thomas spoke up.

"Okay. My suspicions are that that is coming from an underground rebel train, and if they saw us looking at them, they would most likely kill us in fear that we would tell peacekeepers, or something. So ... in other words, don't let them see you around here."

Thomas looked at the girl. He was pretty sure he had seen her around. Then it hit her. She was the painter. His parents had bought some paintings from her.

Thomas smiled at her.

Back to top Go down
Tegan Stone
District 3

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Tegan looked up at the boy in awe, noticing his was taller then her. She gave a slight frown and followed behind him. His face looked somewhat familiar, but his eyes sort of gave off a peaceful sensation. He could be trusted at that.

"Underground train?" she coughed, "Does that mean it could take us away from here?" she laughed. She wanted most to just leave the district. "If you told peacekeepers where I was going, I think I would be dead first."

She noticed him smile at her and gave a weak one back. When the smoke started to fade, she stood up straight and adjusted her bag strap to fit her shoulder. "Well, I'm going to the, uh, woods to get some inspirational drawing done. If you care to come, fine by me." she motioned him to stand.

"My names Tegan, Tegan Stone." she grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:43 pm

The girl seemed very trustworthy, but Thomas still couldn't be sure if he could trust her. Thomas had decided for sure now that this was the girl who sold some paintings around here and there. She mentioned her name. Tegan Stone ... yes. That sounded familiar. Her name really fit her appearance. She was a little shorter than him ... maybe about 5.5 or so. She had very distinct angles and lines for her facial appearances. Her lips and eyes both had tiny little angles, like on the side of her lips when she moved her lips, and the edges of her eyes.

Thomas stopped sizing her up.

"Yes. I know your name. I believe my parents bought one of your paintings once. You're a really good artist." Thomas followed the girl, without really thinking about what he was doing. "My name's Thomas, by the way." Thomas said, and held his hand out for her to shake it.

Thomas decided that he liked this girl. She seemed just the right type of person to be his friend ... his only friend.

Thomas stopped walking, and looked at the field around him. Thomas had no recollection, but they had somehow slipped past the gate ... somewhere he had never been before, and could be severely punished for doing. Anyways. Thomas saw a ton of wild flowers around them. There were yellow, red, purple, blue, pink, orange, green ... every color flower you could imagine! It was absolutely gorgeous.

"May I make a suggestion?" Thomas asked. He didn't wait for a reply. "I think that if you painted this it would be the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen."
Back to top Go down
Tegan Stone
District 3

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:27 pm

She stood awkwardly as she waited for him to respond. She looked at him for awhile. He looked a bit familiar, someone she might have seen at school. His eyes stared at her and she felt like something at a zoo. I don't like being stared at.. she thought but kept her mouth shut.

"My paintings?" she blushed. "I don't like to spread them around but thanks." she sloppily shook his hand quickly with a firm grip. "it's nice to meet you Thomas. You're names pretty cool!"

She stopped in the field and let the wind blow through her hair. She hummed and dat down at her usual tree, looking up at him. "this is my favorite spot in the world. So,sometimes I'll go farther then this but it's a nice spot to get away from the hard life."

She nodded with a small grin and grabbed his hand to pull him down. "I'll give it to you then. I'll Get started now." she grabbed her sktetchbook and pencil, flipping it open. "so what do you like to do?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another normal day ... {open to all!}   Just another normal day ... {open to all!} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just another normal day ... {open to all!}
Page 1 of 1