The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)

Go down 
+5
Melody Fraeder
Mason Wolf
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Taryn Forrest
Sienna Emerson
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) Empty
PostSubject: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Here's a drawing I did of Katniss a month or so ago...

My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) 1679lhs
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 pm

That's really pretty! The eyes are GORGEOUS!
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks! Very Happy That's really kind of you.
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 pm

I really like it too!
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Jacob Snow (JR.) wrote:
I really like it too!

Thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am

i have seen many fan art but this is the only one ive seen katniss with her braided hair so its a 15 out of 10, still very nice
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Thank you very much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:25 pm

This is really nice! I'm kind of jealous because I'm horrible at drawing Razz
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Awww thanks! And I'm sure you're better than you give yourself credit for.
Back to top Go down
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

Location : Alieya's in your bed, and Thalia's under it, and . . . well I'm in your closet.

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 pm

I sadly cannot draw either. (Please, don't mind if I say ...) I envy your skills. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Aww thanks! I do so much better with Aniamls, though.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
District 3
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:23 pm

I am on the same page with Arianna ... you have a lot of fans. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks! Maybe I should start doing an art shop on here. There's lots of graphic shops, but I don't see a drawing shoP!
Back to top Go down
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

Location : Alieya's in your bed, and Thalia's under it, and . . . well I'm in your closet.

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:00 pm

That would be cool. Smile <---- (That counts as a word ... right??? jkjkjk)
Back to top Go down
Amelia Benedict
District 5
Amelia Benedict

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Wow that is so much better than anything I could draw! Good job!
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fritz Visvaldis
District 5
Fritz Visvaldis

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:30 pm

I am a critic. And while I know that we aren't professional artists, I am a critic. So if you would, please humour me. It's...a habit of mine, if you will. But hopefully, I can provide you with a well-rounded critique. ^^

I'll start off with what could use improvement, okay? >< My main tick is that your proportions are a bit off. Try making the shoulders broader, the body wider, and the arms longer. Keep in mind the proportions of the human body; where muscles would add bulk, where the waist starts and ends, places that require hard lines versus soft curves, etc. This should help tremendously with the shape of her body.

A quick tip for control: everything doesn't need to be drawn in one line. You can pick up the pencil (or, in this case release the touch pad/mouse) however many times you need in order to draw the lines the way you want them.

Now, on to happier things! Your shading is spectacular for a simple paint program. The simple shades and dark background really bring out Katniss's almost etheral beauty in this picture. The technique you used on the snow, that soft texture, also brings it together nicely. I like the way you did the tree, with the bark lines that so many amateur artists seem to forget. And I kind of love you for understanding that the sky isn't just two inches of blue at the top of the page. XD

Lastly, for the tech. I myself have the Bamboo Sketch Tablet to hook up to the computer and draw with (a very interesting, useful thing if you wish to become a professional animator. ^^), which comes with the program Corel Painter Essentials 4. Granted, Corel-produced drawings don't work with every website, but the tablet also works with Paint, so I use that if I want to draw on my computer. I am not saying that you need the Bamboo; rather, you should consider getting some sort of drawing tablet because they're easier to work with and they have more functions than Paint allows for.

I hope you'll take this into consideration, and I apologise if you were offended by anything I've previously stated. Thank you for your time, and I sincerely hope that this was at least a little bit helpful! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sienna Emerson
District 10
Sienna Emerson

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for all the critique! It really helps me see my flaws and makes me want to work better to improve them. I do have a Bamboo tablet, actually! It's a Bamboo Pen and Touch. I love it! And I use Photoshop Elements 7.0
Back to top Go down
Fritz Visvaldis
District 5
Fritz Visvaldis

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Well, I guess it's done its job then. The critique, i mean. X3

Really? Awesome! It's a good tablet, eh? I love it too. ^^

Photoshop? I personally like the Corel program. It has thousands of different pens, pencils, brushes, and blenders to use. No idea how much it costs, though; it came with my Bamboo which was a gift from a family friend.

You've inspired me. I might have to post some of my fan art in a thread like you have... ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)   My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Fanart (Please tell me what you think!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: OOC :: Fanfictions or Art-
Jump to: