The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free) Empty
PostSubject: Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)   Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Tic-toc, tic-toc. The sound of the clock made Kat visibly nervous, she was playing with her fingers and moving her leg quickly. She couldn't pay attention to whatever the teacher was saying. Tic-toc, tic-toc. Kat was hungry too, she missed all her meals yesterday, Never too, her stomach growled lightly. Tic-toc, tic-toc. Now she started biting her nails, usually she could spot Never somewhere outside the window. Today, her tabby was nowhere to be seen and that only made the twelve year old more nervous.

Tic-toc, tic-toc. Stupid clock. Kat tried again to concentrate on the teacher's words, but all she could hear was a indistinct chatter. Her mind was somewhere else, her mind was looking for Never. Tic-toc, tic-toc. Where is she?, endless possibilities opened in front of her, Never was a cat after-all. But Never never leaves without me, and that's enough to distract her.

Tic-toc, tic-toc. A few more minutes and class was over, a few more minutes and she'll search for Never, just a few more minutes. Tic-toc, tic-toc. She stared so intently at the window, Kat didn't notice the teacher's question. Tic-toc, tic-toc. "Katherine? KATHERINE BECK!" The woman's voice grew louder after not being answered after some tries. Kat jumped, startled, before blushing. Everyone was staring at her. Some where whispering.

"Um... yes ma'am?" Kat tried to compose herself, but her voice was shaky and barely a whisper, not enough to satisfy the teacher. Tic-toc, tic-toc.

Tic-toc, tic-toc. "Answer the question Katherine" As simple as that Kat turned pale, being in Katland never brought her trouble, she always went unnoticed. Not today, apparently. Tic-toc, tic-toc. First the stupid clock, second Never nowhere to be seen and now being noticed by the teacher. Something was wrong today, very wrong.

Kat stared at her hands "Could you... er... repeat the question?" Tic-toc, tic-toc. the teacher simply sighed and ordered Kat to sit again, the girl obeyed and stared again at the window. Never was there, the cat just appeared out os thin air, or so does Kat believe. A sigh of relief escaped her lips Don't be silly Kat, Never never leaves, we promised.

Tic-toc, tic-toc. and school finished, free for the day. Kat left the room in a flash, only to hit someone at the exit where Never was waiting patiently. "S-sorry" she mumbled, closing her eyes tightly, truly embarassed and eager to leave whoever she hit. Apologize equals to contact with people, contact with people equals awkward, awkward equals bad.

(Sorry if my english is sucky, I would appreciate it if you pointed out any grammar or spelling mistakes ._. )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)   Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:40 am

Cato wandered the halls of the school quitely in thought. He had finished his classes so why did he still feel the need to be here. He gazed absentmindedly down the hall not really paying attention to anything at all. He vaguely heard the sound of rushing footsteps, his only ear was turned in the opposite direction of the footsteps. He turned to face the direction he believed the sound was coming from when a body ran into him. He looked down to see a girl with her eyes screwed shut and apologizing walking quickly away.

Cato glanced behind him as the girl continued in her hurried pace towards the exit. His next action didn't require much thought, he spun around and began to follow the girl. He hoped that his following her wouldn't scare her because he didn't want to have to say much to her. Keeping his movements slow and deliberate so as not to frighten her he kept up his pace behind her, he silently prayed she wasn't in trouble because he didn't want anything to do with trouble. He rubbed his wrist unconciously while he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

PostSubject: Re: Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)   Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 am

Kat kept walking, Never following closely, when she noticed that the person she hit was following her. She shot a quick glance towards him and then at Never. She gulped and kept walking, unconsciously faster. Why is he follwing me?, the noises of children coming out of school drowned all her thoughts, as she tried to calm herself down. Running isn't hard, but it is suspicious as the twelve year old girl thought about escaping and maybe climbing a building or a tree to get away from her follower, Never hissed a warning it was as if the cat was saying Don't you think about it, it'll draw too much attention. So Kat kept walking aimlessly, still glancing nervously at the guy.

Kat had her limits though, she hadn't eaten at all yesterday and she had skipped dinner before that, a long sigh came out of her mouth. She looked around her apparently the aimless walk had brought her to the fence where the forest stood at the other side. Kat was too scared to go to the other side. All kinds of things could appear wild cats, hunters, venomous plants, anything. So she just stared hard at the fence while Never purred happily between her skinny legs. She had completely forgotten about the person who followed her here, for she stared at the forest thinking about trivial things. Those leaves look alot like Never's eyes she picked the tabby up Maybe... but the thought was interrupted by the growl of her stomach, too much walking, apparently. So instead she looked at the guy whose name remain unknown to her "Why are you following me?" her voice was barely a whisper and her tone was shaky too, both from fear of talking to a PERSON and from hunger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)   Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tic-toc, tic-toc (Free)
Page 1 of 1