The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:43 pm

"You did fine. But you sounded sarcastic when you spoke. You have to try harder, kid."

India didn't know if Michael noticed anything wrong about Harley. If he noticed that he didn't really like him. She hoped he didn't. But she knew it was silly. Michael was an expert at telling how people feel. Hope itself was hopeless.

"Not much actually. Well, he's Korean, you know that already. He's my age, and he has no brothers or sisters. He did once, but they died as babies. Don't bring up his family. He's a bit hyper, so try not to show that you're annoyed by his immature childishness. Get it? Got it? Good."

She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall, sighing. She put one foot against it to help her balance.

"But listen. I know you don't like him, and don't try and lie to me and say you do. Why though? Tell me why."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 pm

There she goes again with the kid thing Harley thought to himself. You could tell that he was thinking by his face. India had put him in a spot not that he minded. He had to speak his mind.

"India, I can only tell you this much now. Well because" he stops and wispers in her ear "I am in enemy territory. I love you and you know that. And if we where to move further into relationship." He looks dwn at the floor and starts kicking his feet. "You know I will just tell you later."

He turns his head and scratches the back of his head nervously. Revealing his ear which till this morning held his diamond earring but now is cut up ear lobe and no earing.

He tries to change the subject but mixes in alot of nervous ohs and ums

"Where is umm, Micheal. He oh, said he was um, telling his hmmm mother where he was going
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

India grabbed Harley's wrist. "No no. You're going to tell me now. What? Do you think Michael is a threat to you? You're silly, kid. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Don't act so nervous, although it is kinda cute."

India shook her head and looked down. How could such a tough guy be so soft?

All of a sudden she saw something scram swiftly through the shadows. Then she something rub up against her legs. She looked down and saw a black cat with white paws. "Oh my gosh." She gasped then smiled after realize what it was. "You scared me." She knelt down to pet the purring cat.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Harley decided to pace back and forth. As he waited for mike to come back down. He could not help thinking about India. And how he had only know her for about month yet his love was so strong for her. He knew that he loved her. But did she love him as much as he loved her. He would kill himslef for her. He though about earlier in the week. She had not kissed him. He kissed her. How dumb he felt after that. And that woupd just be a grain of salt compared what he was going her to say after Mike left. like a dark claw the thought of the Hunger Games crept in. The thing that fueled his decision. How he could not bare to lose India in it. He had to make all of his days till then worth it so he would have no regrets if he was picked. Which just reminded him that they where wasting time here. He stepped to the door and said to India

"Lets wait out here."

He moved his head forcefully to say that it was important. And fiddled his hand in his pocket nervously.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:45 pm

"Alright, alright. Don't break your neck."

She stepped outside the door. Looking at the expression on Harley's face, she knew that something was troubling him, or something really heavy was on his mind.

"You know, whatever it is, you could tell me, right? There's trust between us.. well, there should be."
She sat down on one of the front doorsteps and placed her head in her hands. It was really foggy out and cold, she didn't have her jacket with her, she left it in her brothers shed. She sat there staring into the darkness of her closed eyes, shivering from the wind of cold air. She mumbled something softly to herself, hoping no one heard. "Today should've been a good day, why does everything feel so wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 pm

((Keep in mind that I was under impression that user's characters where the tributes.))

"Glad to see that you care for my health so much"

He teased as he held open the door for her. She walked out and he closed the door lightly behind him. The day had become bright and very spring like. Which did not match Harley's thoughts. Harley would die to know what went through India's thoughts. He knew that she thought him weak. When he really wasn't he was strong. But when it came to something he loved he got weak and mushy trying to protect her.

"I don't know how to say this India. But we both have trust between us right? And that is why I have to tell you this. With the Hunger Games creeping upon us. If I die I don't want to have any regrets."

He stuck his hand into his pocket. Then holds India hands in his.

"I don't know how much you love me. But with the month we have spent together. I know that I love you more than anything I have before and to prove it I want to have this."

He slipped it into her hand. It was his diamond earing with a ring attached to it. It looked so shiny and clean.

"I never took that out til now. I had to cut off part of my ear to get it off and start to work on it. I just had to show how much I truly need you. And how much I trust you. And to make you proud I did not even steal. I traded for the ring."

He was wondering if she got the idea of what that meant to meant to him. He had given her a piece of him. But the question still stood. Does India love Harley. It kept bouncing in his head.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 pm

((Sorry for it being quite short in comparison to your post. Writers block.))

India took the small gift and examined it. The ring was beautiful. It looked shiny and new. She sighed and slipped it back into Harley's hand. "It's a beautiful piece of jewelry. It really is. And I'm glad that you traded for it, and didn't steal it. But give it to me when you know your true feelings. Give it back to me when you know for sure that you love me, not when you think you love me. We all have mixed emotions, but life does that to people. Don't try to disagree, just wait and think." She rested her head on Harley's shoulder and rubbed her hands together. It was getting even more cold, and India was shivering like crazy. Her teeth were chattering and her nose was red.

"You know what. Lets just go back to the shack. We'll go see Michael tomorrow, it doesn't really seem that he wants to leave the comfort of his house. I'll go inside and tell his mom that we don't want to trouble him today. Sound good, kid?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Harley took off his coat and put it on India's shoulders. The weather reminded him of there relationship. Starting off as a beautiful day. And ending a cold and dark night. It scared Harley, cause he knew he was right. India did not love him, he knew it the whole time. He did everything he could for her. What more could he do. Sad and depressed he returned to the cabin. Once they reached the cabin Harley who was rehearsing this in his mind the whole time here.

"India, I know that I love, but what I really don't know is if you love me. You know just as well as I do that you saved me. But that does not mean you love me. Please India tell me, do you, or don't you. Prove to me that you do."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

"Harley," India sighed. "Please don't take this the wrong way. Love grows and grows stronger over time. I need time, Harley. But honestly, if there was a choice between do I or don't I. I'd have to pick do I. Because I do. But I'm not so good at showing it. So please understand, and don't make yourself feel so horrible."

She opened the door to the shack and stepped inside. She wrapped Harley's coat tighter around her. It was colder in the shack than it was outside, but that could be helped. She closed all the open windows, sending in cold breezes, and rummaged through a drawer. She pulled out a small lighter and walked over to the fireplace. She examined the fire wood and decided to try and light it. It hasn't been used much, so it should still burn. She hung Harley's coat on a nearby chair and pulled off the blanket covering the small bed.

Crawling back over to the fireplace, she spun the little wheel on the lighter a few times. Finally, it sparked and a flame emerged from the rectangular tube. She set the flame to the fire wood and blew on it to get it bigger. Once she heard the sound of the flames crackling she stood back and picked up the blanket. Wrapping that around, her she sat back down on the floor, infront of the hearth.

"There. The place should warm up soon."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:07 pm

The warmth of the fire made Harley's cold cheeks hurt from the extreme change in tempature. The cabin was just the way they left it. With no lock on the door you have no clue wether you have had some unexpected visitors. He checked the food stash and grabed some snacks and sat down in front of the fire with India, who seemed very sencitive to the cold. The cold did not bother Harley as much, it was the heat that he hated. Reminded him of the few days he spent down in the mines. He passed India some chips. And got up. He had a grand idea. Something that would make India warmer in a heart beat. He walked to the kitchen and found a kettle and returned with to cups. He put the kettle above the fire and sat back down

"Have you ever had coffee before?"

He would have thought she would not have. It is somewhat of a luxury. But with Harley's talents nothing was to much to buy.

"My father was a coffee fanatic, he had coffee from all 13 distircts. It was his second hobby. I geuss I kinda adopted his love for it. It just makes you feel warmer inside."

In about 5 seconds the teapot began to boil. And he reached and poured into the two mugs a large amount of the black liquid.

"This coffee is from district 1. It is the boldest flavor of them all. It was always my fathers favoroit."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:36 pm

((Sorry for it being so short, and late. Been caught up with my other character, and the story I'm currently writing.))

India placed her hands infront of the fire to warm up, but it didn't really help. Impatiently, she scooted closer to the fire to warm up quicker. She did not even notice Harley go into the next room and bring back the rusty old tea kettle. She thought he was going to make tea, like when she used to make it for her mother and sister when it would be cold out. Instead, he mentioned coffee. She had never tried it before, but she knew what it was. Obviously, it was a hot drink. If it wasn't, Harley wouldnt be heating up the kettle. She guessed it was to wake you up in the morning, or whenever your feelng tired.

"I've never tried it. Most of the people here haven't, you know. But I guess I'll try some. What does it taste like? Does it taste good?"
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 pm

(Don't worry about it. I have been caught up in my book writing too.)

The fire has the cabin feeling warm in no time. The smell of fresh coffee has overpowered the old musty smell of the cabin.

"My father would not have snuck to each of the district if it gross." He laughed, it had been a long time since he had laughed.

"Sorry, yeah its pretty good. I don't know if it is just because it reminds me of home or because of its taste."

It stunk to be in the position that Harley was in. He did not know what to say. His barreirs had been broken. And he no longer knew where he stood. Was he on India good side or bad side. Who could tell, she was tough. Tougher than she looked. Though he knew one thing, she was thinking about her family. He had to try again.

"India you can hide anything from me. But I know when you are thinking about your family. If you took my ring, we can go and see your family. If you get what I am saying."

If Harley was on the other end of the talk he would be lost to. So just decided to be blunt.

"Ok, what I mean is we can pretend to be, ummmm. Whats the word. Ah, Engaged. I don't blame you for missing them, it must stink to have them riht there but not able to see them. All I have to do is ask for Mr.Harkniss for premission to mar.... Never mind you wouldn't want to do that. Would you?"

There he went again putting India on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Harley knew she did not like the idea. And the silence just comfirm his suspicions. He finished sipping his coffee and put the empty mug down on the table next to India's untouched one. He got up with a a sigh and picked up his hunting jacket. He had to get some fresh air. He knew he would not be back, so he left a note on the counter saying

"if you want to find me. You'll know where to go. My place."

He placed the note and went to the door.

"I am leaving this here for protection. You don't have to use it, but me knowing you have it makes me feel better."

It was a small hand held revovler.

He opened the door and left, the cold wind slapping in his face. He did not care he deserved it. It was late, about 11 o'clock, no one was really around except Peace Keepers. Harley pulled his gun out of his pack and put it in his pocket. It was security. He knew that thr Peace Keepers would not wait to shoot once they relized who he was, so if one came up he would not hesitate to fire. He decided it would be best to go by the hob and grab somethingko to quench his thirst. He was not a heavy drinker. But it helped him think.

He reached the hob which seemed abandoned, which is what they wanted you to think. Keeps the Peace Keepers out that way. And made his way to the sprit seller. He had barely taken two steps inside when he heard voices. He could make them out clearly.

"So, I heard them Peace Keepers put up a bounty for that killer, Harley Whence."

It was scratchy voice, which meant it was not a Peace Keeper.

"Oh, yeah, food for a whole year if you turn him in."

This voice Harley knew, it was the sprit seller himself.

"He comes by here a couple times a week."

He continues, but is cut off by Scratchy.

"Then why don't you turn him in."

"Cause he is a resident of District 12 just like you. I don't know may be if he does come by I will snach him up. After all it not like he's armed or anything."

Harley laughed to himself about the thought he heard the scratchy mans foot steps leaving. And pulled up to the counter.

"I'll take a bottle of whisky to go."

Harley slams a fist full of money on the counter. The man turns to go and grab the bottle but stops.

"So, Harley whats stopping me from turning you in. I mean ayears worth of food sounds good to me."

"Im sure it does, but is it more important than your life."

The turns around to see Harley pointing his magnum right as his head

"Just give the bottle pops and no one gets hurt."

The man just places the bottle on the counter and leaves.

Harley leaves and returns to his little home under the shack. Taking drinks in between puffs of cigar smoke. He really was turning into his father. From what he liked to what he actted like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3