The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

- Bakery class. -

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 am

The giant blob seemed really disgusting. "Is THIS what delicious white bread is made from?", Myungsoo wondered. He started kneading the dough as and saw that the more he kneaded, the less it looked like something that has already been eaten. Myungsoo didn't like having bakery-class. Most of the people having this class couldn't even afford half a bread. So why should they learn how to bake it? Oh well, at least they could have taste of their own bread after it'd been cut in pieces so small only a mouce would be satisfied.
It wasn't fair. SO MUCH food all around them, but it was all out of reach. Myungsoo sighed. "I should really stop thinking so much", he ordered himself. The dough was ready. The young man, looking for a furnace, turned his head and banged his head against one of the pans, hanging down from the low ceiling. He rubs his forehead and ironically laughs back at his class mates, who were deriding him for his clumsy gesture.

"Very funny guys...", he said, rolling his eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://xPetrichor.tumblr.com
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:26 pm

Sunny looked down at the glop of dough resting on the table in front of her. She scratched her head and bent down under the table to find something that would help flatten the mess. Standing back up, rolling pin in hand, she attacked the ball of dough. This is impossible. Why do we have to do this? It's not like we are going to be baking bread for our family everyday. I'm never going to get this class right.
Finally, Sunny gave up and threw down the rolling pin. "Ugh. This is hopeless. Let it knead itself." Another thing she couldn't do. Sunny wasn't getting mad at not being able to flatten the dough, she was getting mad because it was another simple task she couldn't do because she was so weak. Seldom did she get so upset and frustrated easily.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/endlesssujulove
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:54 pm

((OHGOD IT'S YURI FROM SNSD *.* ))

Once he had found the furnace, he gently put down the dough in it. Hopefully it would make a delicious bread, but he doubted that. His hands were made for cutting meat, not for making pastries. Right then, Myungsoo heard a loud 'BANG', as if something had fallen to the floor.
"Oh god, don't let it be the pan I hit earlier... I'm not in the mood to be yelled at."
But to his surprise, it was a rolling pin. Only the girl, which he had never seen before, did no effort to pick it up. She was just blankly staring at the half kneaded - half flattened blob of dough in front of her.

Myungsoo, gentleman as he was, decided to give her a helping hand. He walked in her direction, almost hitting another pan on the road, and stopped right next to her. He gave her a gentle push on the shoulder and gave her his oh-so known smile.

"Can I... help you with something?", he asked.

The girl seemed a couple of years younger than Myungsoo was. She had big, brown eyes, a very pretty face and beautiful long hair that was way too shiny for someone coming out of a poor district as theirs. Maybe she was a Victors daughter, but if that were the case, Myungsoo would've already known. The girl he was about to meet was probably just blessed with her her looks.
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Sunny felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see a boy standing beside her. He looked familiar to Sunny, but she couldn't tell. She guessed that he noticed her frustration when he offered his assistance.

"Oh, would you please? I can't do this," she said and gestured to the dough on the table. "If you can tell. My hands are weak and the dough is tough. It's quite impossible for me to do this." She gave a small smile, hoping that this boy would help her. She couldn't afford being lectured once more about the things she couldn't and didn't do in bakery class. "If you could help me, or at least show me, i'd appreciate it."

She looked at the boy closely, realizing that she didn't recognize him at all. Which was odd, since the school was small, she knew almost all of the students. Even if she's only spoke to them once.

"I don't think we've met. I'm Sunny." she said with another smile. A bigger smile this time.
Back to top Go down
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm

The girl kindly accepted his help and introduced herself with a big smile. Myungsoo took the dough in his hands and started kneading. It's true, he hands did seem rather soft. Well, he compared them to his own, rough hands. In comparison with those, any pair of hands would be delicate.

"You just take the dough and squish it. Imagine the dough is someone's back, and you're giving them a massage."

He released the dough at gestured toward it, asking Yuri to try one more time. Myungsoo knew that if HE could do it, anyone could.

"My name is Myungsoo, by the way. Kim Myungsoo."

He wanted to ask about her origins, ask if she also came from the land of South Korea.
He had never been there, but his parents did. After what he'd heard, he longed to go there, almost forgetting the place where he belonged, which was here.

"I...err. No, nothing. Try to knead it, you'll succeed to make the most delicious bread this District has ever know! I'm sure.", Myungsoo said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 pm

((****Sunny. Haha. Sorry for the late reply.))

"Kim Myungsoo, eh? Kim... that's a Korean family name, right?" She asked, taking the dough in her hands after watching Myungsoo's demonstration. She seemed to get the hang of it after a lot of squishing, pulling, and folding.

"This is pretty easy! I mean it's still difficult, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I mean, I'm no baker, I dont think it will be good. My dad was one of the bakers, but he died when I was young." She explained, small squeaks in her voice. She was overly proud of small achievement, another thing she can do.

Sunny found an empty furnace, and placed the dough in, satisfied with her work. She tied up her long hair, and wiped her hands on her apron.

She noticed that he seemed focused on something. Like his thoughts were just fixed on one topic. "Heavy thinking, it seems." she said quietly. "What about?"
Back to top Go down
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 am

(( But... the picture isn't from Sunny, right? =/ Of my eyes are betraying me xP))

"Yes, it is!", Myungsoo said a little too excited. He looked at the dough tha was being twisted and turned by Sunny's hands. She was doing a great job. Actually, she did a better job than Myungsoo did. And when she was done and putted her dough in the furnace, he knew her result would be better than his.
Again, Myungsoo blamed his rough hands for not being delicate enough.

"You did a great job. I'm sure it'll make a delicious little loaf of bread!"

*not done, will be right back*
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

((Yeah it's Yuri but my character's name is Sunny, you called her Yuri. XD))

"I thought it was." Sunny said with a smile. "It didn't sound Japanese or Chinese." So this kid is Korean too. I haven't met another Korean my age before. Sunny thought to herself. Not even her parents have ever stepped foot in South Korea, where her grandparents and further back used to live. Maybe he knew about the place. How it looked. How people acted there. She doubted it though. And she was too afraid to ask him.

"Wait." Sunny said and bent down to the furnace. She turned it off and hovered her hands above the warm dough that was sitting in there for a few minutes. She took a small knife and made a cut at both ends of the dough. "When it's ready, and I take out the dough, the ends will fall off." She said in a whisper, careful that the teacher didn't hear. "You get one, I get one. It's better than what we get to try. Just put it in your apron pocket until class is over, then slip it in your jacket pocket."
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:36 am

((Your writing is good, but please remember to make all your posts 150 words or more Kim, you slipped slightly in that last one.
~ Jonathon Smile))
Back to top Go down
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 am

(( Aisshh, Yes... i'm sorry, but I was planning to finish the post earlier, but then I saw that we couldn't edit the posts I couldn't... That's really annoying =/
And also, OHGOD YES. I did call her Yuri, I'm sorry. I didn't even realise! xO ))

Myungsoo looked at her, then at the furnace, where she had just cut some pieces from her bread-in-spe. Was she serious? Would she actually steal from her own school, from the peacekeepers...the capitol? Although the idea was very tempting, Myungsoo would never do such a thing. He frowned at the idea. Myungsoo had always been a very honest person, not wanting to hurt, lie or steal from anybody. Even though he would be starving if it weren't for the butchery.

"You..", a nervous laugh. "You aren't serious, are you?",Myungsoo asked, soon realising how stupid his question sounded.

The more he though, the more it seemed like a good idea. Noone would get hurt and the pieces were only inches long, so they would never be caught. And the taste... Ah, the taste! Delicious pieces of white bread was a treat that Myungsoo would only eat on special occasions, or when bussiness was running very well. The taste, Delicious.

No! He wouldn't let himself be tempted. He wouldn't. Would he?

Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Sunny smirked at Myungsoo's reaction to her little bread plan. "Am I serious? Well let's see. Do I look like someone who would steal or lie? Only someone sinister would do that.. Hmmmm... Do I look sinister, Myungsoo? You tell me." Of course, Sunny wasn't actually going to steal some of the bread. It might be tempting, but Sunny wasn't like that. Nor was she brave enough to even try that. Never would she acquaint herself with someone who would steal and lie, even if it was for survival. Simply a test. A test to see if this kid was what she expected of him. Honest and kind. Or if he was completely different.

Acting was never her thing. So trying her best to hold in her laughter was extremely hard. All her work was done, the rest was up to Myungsoo. To think if he would actually go through with it, Sunny highly doubted. "You don't have to along with it. But think, I'm risking getting in trouble just to give you some bread. In exchange for helping me, you know. So it really is your call."

She bent down once more and looked inside the furnace. The sides of the bread that she made slits in were already bubbling up and sticking back to the main piece of dough. They weren't actually going to fall off, they would just rise again, like it was doing. She came back up and stood infront of the furnace, being able to hide it so Myungsoo wouldn't see it.
Back to top Go down
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 am

There was something just not quite right about this situation, and Myungsoo knew it. Sunny didn't look like a stealing or lieing person, but Myungsoo learned over the years that looks can be very deceptive. The girl didn't seem to be serious, despite her neutral bodylanguage. It was as if she was taking him for a fool, and would laugh at him after he'd agree. But Myungsoo wouldn't let that happen. He refused to be played with.

"I didn't ask for anything in exchange", Myungsoo said in a friendly tone. "So don't get yourself in trouble..."

The thing was that Myungsoo always has the need to be friendly to everyone. Even people that don't take him seriously, like Sunny. So he just went with it, as if he really was as stupid as she tought. He looked at her as she checked the bread. By now, the pieces should have fallen off. His own bread was ready which made him get the loaf out of his own furnace. Amost burning his fingers, he looked at the delicious looking bread as he put it in a paper bag. He looked back at Sunny, who was still standing in from of her furnace, waiting for her bread to be done.

"You shouldn't take people for a fool. Nor should you even consider stealing, you're better than that.", he said, giving the paper-wrapped bag to the collecting peacekeeper, who was frowning at the word 'stealing' (Myungsoo was lucky the peacekeeper didn't react strongly to it.) Myungsoo smiled at her, waiting for Sunny's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Sunny smiled and took out the baked bred from the furnace. As absentminded as she was, she almost dropped the loaf of bread, but luckily caught it again. She could still see the outline of the slits she made in the bread. "Well, Myungsoo. You are exactly how I expected you to be. I dd not take you for a fool, by the way. Just a test, a simple tiny not important test. You see, I don't like people who lie, steal, or manipulate for selfish reasons. I didn't think you were like that Myungsoo, but looks can decieve and I wanted to make sure I was right. And apparently I was. I think your a really honest and nice guy Myungsoo-ah. If you don't mind me speaking casually to you."

Sunny made sure she had proper hand protection this time before touching the bread again. She camly picked it up and handed it over to the teacher collecting everything. "By the way, you made good looking bread," she said with a sweet smile. "I didn't do so well, I think. But I tried. I think I made Appa proud." She was glad that the bakery class was her last class of the day. Only 10 more minuets and they all would get to go home. She didn't want to go straight home, though, like everyone did. If she went home, she would just have to work and work and clean and clean. She knew her help at home was thoroughly appreciated, but sometimes she needed a break. She stared at the clock, counting every TICK, waiting for that bell to ring.
Back to top Go down
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)
District 9
Butcher
Kim Myungsoo (김명수)

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:45 am

((I'm SO sorry about being late, but you knew about exams, so I couldn't RP...))

So she was caution, just like he was. A test, why didn't Myungsoo see that?
"Oh. Nicely done, I fell into your trap!", He considered himself lucky of being such an honest person. What would she have done if he would have accepted her 'offer' ? Would she have mocked him in front of the entire class? Would she have stared him to death?
No, she wasn't that kind of girl, it seemed. Sunny now looked at the clock, as if she was waiting for the bell to go off and send us home.

"Do you hate my company or something? I mean... seems like you can't wait to get home."

Because that is what Myungsoo felt like. Whenever he wanted to leave a certain place, it was mostly because he was badly accompanied. So his conclusion of Sunny disliking Myungsoo was only logical.
Suddenly, Myungsoo realized that he too needed to go home. Soon it would be opening time for the Butchery and Myungsoos father wasn't there at the moment. The butchery belonged to him, for a moment.

Not wanting to be a hypocrite, he just pretended he had all the time in the world as he leaned against the wall behind him.
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:19 pm

((Its fine its fine! I understand,))

Sunny smiled brightly and bowed her head slightly. "Thanks, I guess. People say I can be tricky or sneaky. But I never use it for something bad." She said with a small laugh. Really, she didn't even know what she would do if he went along with it. Nothing serious, she wasn't a mean person. It was just to see if she could trust him. She continued to stare at the clock. Consuming each tick, each tock, into her mind. Just a few more minutes, they would be free to go home, or roam around District 9. Sunny didn't want to go home, but she didn't want to stay here. She tapped her nails impatiently on the counter top, continuing to stare at the clock. She didn't even notice Myungsoo say something to her.

"What? Huh? Sorry I wasn't paying attention." She said. Her cheeks dusted with a deep red blush out of slight embarrassment. Suddenly, she realized what he said to her and responded. "Oh no! I actually enjoy being in your company, just the setting is slighty wrong. I don't want to be stuck here for any longer. I have things to do, places to be."

That was a lie.. Not completely, but she really didn't have anywhere to be, anything to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

- Bakery class. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: - Bakery class. -   - Bakery class. - I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

- Bakery class. -
Page 1 of 1