The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isabelle Burke
District 12

PostSubject: New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))   Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 am

((Sorry it's short and...I hope I did it right xD I think I 'godmodded' my mom...))

Isabelle Burke looked around her. She wiped a tiny tear falling from her eyes. She didn't usually cry, no, this was new. Her dad had died, she no longer had one. She used to be in District 13 and kept wondering if anyone would reconize her or her mom. Of course most families in District 13 died, but Isa and her mom survived. And Isa looked different. She was young when they fought. Isabelle was at a young age so if she had any older or younger siblings she didn't know. Either they died or ran off somewhere. Hopefully, if she did have a sibling she/he was safe. Her mom worked a lot, but after school Isa would rush home immediately. She didn't want to stay. She was known to be super quiet but at home she was talkative. In District 13 she used to be too. Now she was scared.

Isa sighed and closed her eyes, it was probably the first time she was outside at home. The reaping...that was what made Isa nervous the most. Maybe her mom couldn't participate but she could. Isa took a deep breath. Her dad was innocent, she was almost sure of it. They just had the wrong person. She slowly looked up into the sky. She agreed, the Capitiol shouldn't have so much over them but what were they to them? Nothing. If she could make things right, she would. But right now...it was overly impossible. "Isabelle!" Her mom's voice called.

Isa looked and sighed. "Coming mom!" She shouted in reply. Her mom at least knew where she was, at least her mom wouldn't freak. All her mom wanted to know probably was where Isabelle was. Her mom never really cared about anything else except her daughter's safety. Maybe it was because she didn't want to loose another family member. Neither did Isa want to. IT was hard for Isabelle to adapt to living in District 12 all these years. District 12 was lke a second home. She was okay with it since she was already so close to District 12 anyways.

IF anyone else in District 12 was in District 13, Isa hoped to meet them. At least she would have some old faces, not new and scary ones. She didn't really enjoy life. At least she had a famly and that's what Isabelle really cared about. Suddenly a movement caught Isabelle. "Who's there?" She whispered. Isabelle was prepared to fight. She couldn't remember if Districts were allowed weapons, but either way she was ready. "Anyone? I won't hurt you. Promise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3

PostSubject: Re: New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Katherine’s footsteps were as silent as her cat’s who trotted beside her, she always enjoyed freedom, the only good thing that came with having no parents taking care of you. Lucas, her dad, left early this morning to work in the mines, he had left Kat a small piece of bread for breakfast and kissed her goodbye on the forehead, not noticing he woke the 13 year old up. After his footsteps died out Kat woke up, took the piece of bread and left to run and walk aimlessly around the district. Hiding from people who came her way and climbing one or two trees, Never, her loyal tabby always beside her. Having significant looks from time to time, sharing an imaginary silent conversation. This cat was Kat’s only company, she was too scared to talk to people or kids, the maximum of words she said per day where “sorry” “ok” and “goodbye”, that is why she liked her cat, she never talked.

Kat ventured into a place she has never been before, due to the obvious “contact risks” that so called place meant. But today she didn't seem to care, she walked slowly, studying the surroundings. Looking for hiding places and escape routes, some climbing spots, few trees, a lot of houses and some people minding their own business. Never hissed at a few and lifted her nose at times, catching some strange new scent. Kat imitates her, but all she could smell was poverty, Kat had given that particular scent a very fitting name. All those mixtures that confused her head at times, she just ignored it and kept walking.

She noticed a very particular house, where a girl who didn't seem to fit looked up at the sky. Kat’s curiosity shot up, she knew how people from District 12 looked like. The seam had gray eyes, dark hair and a light tan on their skin, while those who lived in town, so to speak, were blonde just like her. So who was this girl? Where did she come from? Cautiously she got closer, quiet as a tomb, Never followed just as quietly. When she was near she stared, sure that she wouldn't be seen in her hiding spot. Her dark brown hair, kind of black ranged to her shoulders, falling gracefully in a wavy matter. He eyes were really dark, only in the sun you could see the brown inside them, while her clothes were a dull gray. She looked thoughtful, lost in her head.

A feminine voice calling out “Isabelle!” made Kat jump, she bit her tongue hoping they hadn't seen her. They didn't, apparently. What made her froze was how the girl replied "Coming mom!", so this Isabelle girl had a mom. Lucky .Kat picked Never up, ready to go. She remembered how her father wouldn't tell her anything about her mother, note when how she looked like. However, Kat figured her mom must look a lots like her, hence how her father sometimes looked at her and his shoulders dropped. She shrugged it off and carefully tip-toed away. She would have gone away with it if she hadn't slipped slightly, quickly regaining her balance, too late. Isabelle spotted her. So she just stood there, closing her mouth shut. She tried to escape quietly again but stepped on a branch, which made a cracking sound. “Sorry” she whispered lamely and let Never go, the tabby hissed at Isabelle, both still hidden in the shadows “D-don't hurt me” She tried to back away, slightly successfully, ready to make a run for it. “I was just…” her voice trailed off as her legs froze. The tabby hissed again, protecting Kat from whoever was making her afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabelle Burke
District 12

PostSubject: Re: New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))   Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:20 pm

((Sorry about the latness))

That was about it when suddenly something made Isa confused. A girl spoke, "Sorry." the girl said. Isa looked amused. For what? Isa spoke, "It's fine." Though she wasn't quite sure for what. "D-Don't hurt me." The girl backed away. Hurt? Perhaps the girl knew about the arrows that Isabelle's dad made before District 13 broke down. Or maybe the knives that Isa now used as she couldn't risk the Peacekeepers finding her bow and arrow. "I won't. I'm Isabelle, though you can call me Isa." Isa replied kindly. The girl spoke again, "I was just..." The girl trailed off. Isa saw a cat and grinned. She always bonded well with cats. "I'm quite confused." admitted Isa slowly. What was super confusing was why this girl was so scared of her. As if she had done something wrong. "You might be a District 12 kid I never met." Isabelle replied, blinking. After all, Isa hadn't spoke much. "Unless you are a runaway." Isa brought her voice to a whisper. She couldn't risk this girl being caught. Well if she was a runaway. Isabelle...use your head. Obviously someone wouldn't run away...only you'd do that foolish stunt. Isa scolded herself. Duh. Now Isa looked dumb. This girl looked younger than herself.

"No...you aren't a runaway." Isa made up her mind and sat down. She looked at her dirty self. It was no excuse to be such a mess. Her father...Isabelle looked away. She couldn't afford to show this girl her tears so she choked, "Who are you?" Instead. Her voice was probably very cough-y but that's all she could do - why did the Capitol have to be so cruel? A freedom area was all she asked for. All. All she wanted was freedom. Honestly, she was sure there was a world out there that was way better than Panem. Perhaps not. But anything better than this crooked, blasted place. Isa didn't dare open her mouth to say those words, but thought were something no one could record, except, herself. This girl better not be a Peacekeeper's daughter. If she was, Isa would have to explain why she thought this girl was a runaway. Peacekeeper's, if they had children, Isa didn't know. She hoped so much this girl wasn't, after all, that could cost her life.

Isa learned to keep her head low after the destruction of District 13. What would be a great thing was to have another uprise. That would fit the Capitol in it's place. Show them how it feels. Isa wasn't the type of person but all she needed was an urpise to have this thing sorted out. If anyone was brave enough, it was probably Isa. She wasn't always taking out her plans but she was definately brave enough. Hold on... thought Isabelle solemnly. It may happen... She didn't notice anything strange about rebels but it did hurt to see who would die. Perhaps Isa herself. Or her mom. The Capitol definately had families in mind. If Isabelle led the rebel her family would be in grave danger.

Isabelle brought herself back to life. "Don't worry, we're all friends here." Isa replied, smiling. She remembered those last words her father had spoken to her, ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3

PostSubject: Re: New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))   Sun May 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Katherine decided to keep quiet while the girl talked, still trying to figure out how to get away without offending this really nice girl, who apparently didn't have any intentions of hurting her. Still, the word "runaway" made the blonde extremely curious. She stared hard at the eyes of the girl, questions rushing through her mind, but as usual she stayed silent. She let the girl make up her mind about the runaway thing, while Kat noticed tears threatening to fall off the girl's face. She seemed somehow sad and lonely, but then again, this wasn't Kat's business. Never simply looked at her owner, wondering what to do next, run or stay? The tabby seemed to feel sympathy for the girl. So Kat decided to stay.

At the question, Kat didn't answer, instead she let her go away, drift away in her thoughts. Let her ponder the mysteries of her life and wishes, while the girl looked lost Kat scooped Never up. Scratching the cat between the ears, letting a soft purr fill the silence. The blond studied every change of expression in her face. What is she thinking about? For a second she seemed worried then sad, then again worried.

When she brought herself back to life Kat blushed at her smile, she wasn't used at people smiling at her, for a few seconds she remained quiet "Are you a runaway, miss?" Kat wasn't sure if asking that was impolite or something, she was just curious.

[Sorry its so small and it took so long! Sorry sorry!]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))   

Back to top Go down

New life with Sad Memories ((Katherine Beck))
Page 1 of 1