The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Afternoon Melody || Katri

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Theon Pool
District 10
Theon Pool

An Afternoon Melody || Katri Empty
PostSubject: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 pm

A light wind swept over the fields that bordered District Ten and plucked at the hair of a tall dark hared boy threading his way along a dirt path. It was late afternoon, the shadows were lengthening and thin beams of sunlight slanted across the feilds and through the trees that grew on the other side of the imposing chain-link fence that ringed the district.

The boy, Theon, turned suddenly off of the main path and sprang lightly up onto the split rail fence that ran next to one of the many stables that dotted District Ten. He pulled out a worn but spotlessly clean harmonica from his pocket and raised it to his lips. He began playing a warbling melody on the battered instrument, drawing the notes from it skillfully and with practiced ease, his eyes taking on a slightly glazed expression as he sunk into the mist of music, letting it cary him away from the terrors and memorys that this time of year always brought.

((Sorry for the shortness of this post, real life got in the way and I had to rush it. Razz))
Back to top Go down
Katri Baxwoll
District 10
Katri Baxwoll

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Katri had been hard at work all morning cooking and cleaing, and helping her Grandmother deliver a calf. Some days she got so overwhelmed that she could hardly breath, this was one of those days. She needed to get away. Far away. She often contemplated running away to find her parents, but could never leave her brothers, or her grandparents. Sometimes she wished that she had someone to talk to, who would listen and understand her. Even when she was surrounded by family, she felt so alone. But she could never figure out what was missing.'I need to get out of here' she thought. She started down the long walkway that lead her to a dirt path, where she started running, trying to clear her mind of everything. Just as she was coming to the open fields, she felt herself falling, quickly turned her body to land on her back and instantly felt throbbing in her ankle . "SH*T-" she yelled. Her ankle felt as if it had a heartbeat of its own. Her eyes filled with tears. As she was about to look at the damage on her ankle she heard an angelic sound. For a minute she had completely forgotten about her ankle. She turned her head to see a boy. He had gorgeous dark brown wavy hair, and a tanned complexion that the rays of sun made look ravishing. This sound was coming from him. Her stomach turned in the thought of him hearing her, or seeing her fall. She tried to come to her feet, but the weight on the ankle caused her to collapse.'Ohhh no' she quietly said to herself.
Back to top Go down
Theon Pool
District 10
Theon Pool

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Theon was staring into space, focusing on nothing but the music, when a yelled curs word snaped him out of his revere. He brought the harmonica down, sleepy brown eyes landing on the dark haired girl who was sprawled acrose the road with a horrified expretion on her face. He blinked once in confusion, he hadn't noticed her aproche, then slid of the fence and pocketed his instrument. A small cloud of dust rose into the air as he landed, the mots floating up were caught by sunlight and turned into a golden haze. Theon smiled, enjoying the moment befor glancing at the girl again and hurriedly moving over to her.

With a couple of strides Theon was at the side of the girl, squatting next to her and peering down through the fringe of hair that shot out from under his slightly squashed hat in a very unruly way. "Are you alright? That didn't sound too good If your language was anything to go by." He flashed her a lopsided grin then rubbed his chin, wondering what to do. "Um, Can you stand?" He waited for her reply, hand hovering indecisively by his side as he waited to see if she needed help.
Back to top Go down
Katri Baxwoll
District 10
Katri Baxwoll

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Katri watched the boy as he jumped from the fence and made his way towards her. She quickly swiped her hand across her face to clear away the tears. She gave her head a shake 'What are you crying for? she thought. She wouldn't show this boy that she had been crying. She wanted nothing more then to get up and run into the Forrest, but knew by the throbbing sensation from her ankle that this would not be possible.

"Are you alright? That didn't sound too good If your language was anything to go by." He asked her side a side grin, looking at her curiously. Katri could feel her face turning red. She looked down to her lap, hiding her face in her side swept bangs that were way out of place from the fall. "Um, Can you stand?"He asked again.
"I'll be fine, it's just this stupid..." She stood up, putting most of the weight on the ankle that she hadn't twisted, and tried to take a step. The smallest amount of pressure that she put on the throbbing ankle instantly shot an excruciating pain all the way up to to her knee, and without noticing, reached out grabbing the boys hand to stop her self from falling.

Back to top Go down
Theon Pool
District 10
Theon Pool

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Theon wached as she got falteringly to her feet, noticing the tear tracks that ran in lines down her tanned face. The girl's face grew suddenly ashen as she tested her hurt foot and her hand shot out to grab Theon's arm, her fingers griping despretly in an attempt to stay standing. He let her steady herself then gave her a half smile, wondering if he was being at all reassuring... "Shall we try that again?"

Completely oblivious to any awkwardness or embarrassment the girl may have been feeling Theon cheerfully led her to the fence, his brown eyes flicking over everything in there path. Once there he leaned against it, head cocked slightly to the side as he watched the girl with a freindly half smile playing over his features. "So now what... Do you want me to help you get home? Or to a docter or something? I'de be happy to help." He slid a hand into his pocket and produced his harmonica, fiddling unconsciously with it as he waited for her answer. "Oh and I'm Theon, by the way. Theon Pool."
Back to top Go down
Katri Baxwoll
District 10
Katri Baxwoll

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Katri held on tight to the fence that the boy led her to. She observantly looked him up and down, wondering if he was from district 10 or not. She hadn't recognized him at all. She wondered why he was being so friendly towards her. For a second she even thought about telling him to leave her alone.'Let's not be stubborn today,Katri. He is trying to help.'she thought. She needed to make a friend. Anyone to talk to, to keep her mind occupied, and something about this boy intrigued her. Besides, she wanted to hear the angelic tune that he had been playing prior to her rudely interrupting him.

She carefully propped herself onto the fence, and combed her hair back with her fingers. The boy gave her a half smile then said "So now what... Do you want me to help you get home? Or to a docter or something? I'de be happy to help." She watched as he put his hand in his pocket. "Oh and I'm Theon, by the way. Theon Pool."'Theon' Even his name was very intriguing. Katri sat and continued staring at Theon. He looked at her oddly, waiting for a response "What's in the pocket?" she tilted her head and pointed to his pants, puckering her lips to blow the untidy hair from her face. Katri was to curious about this boy to even think about her ankle. She didn't want to go home, or see a doctor at all. She would of much rather stayed sitting on the rigid fence, listening to this boy play that tune all night.
Back to top Go down
Pfeiffer Pavia
District 5
Pfeiffer Pavia

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Theon, head still tilted and eyes straying to scan the fields, waited for her to both answer his question and introduce her self. The girl did neither.

Instead she nodded at his hand which still held the battered harmonica and asked what it was. He chuckled, glancing skyward befor his eyes drifted lazily back to her. Well I'll take that as you don't need any help then! It's a harmonica." He lifted the tarnished rectangle, fingers clutching the cold mettle reverently. "Allot of people don't like them that much, I find. Find them annoying. But there's something about them... a harshness or rawness I guess, makes me like them. They're an honest instrament." He glanced up, a bashful smile sliping into his expression. He always did talk to much when it came to music.

"But I'm probably boring you, and I still don't know your name?" He ended his sentence as a question, eyebrows raised expectantly as he waited to learn the identity of his rescue.
Back to top Go down
Theon Pool
District 10
Theon Pool

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm

((Oops! Posted that on the wrong account... ))
Back to top Go down
Katri Baxwoll
District 10
Katri Baxwoll

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Katri looked at Theon with her bloodshot puffy eyes, absorbing his words about the instrument and his passion for it. She half smiled at him then looked at the silver tired out gadget that he held in his hand.

"But I'm probably boring you, and I still don't know your name?" he asked again, arching his eyebrow. Katri's eyes wandered to explore the fields. She stayed voiceless for a moment then looked back to Theon and gave him an amiable smile. "I don't find you boring at all. Life in District 10, now that's boring.....and considerably miserable." Her thoughts trailed off again and she found herself thinking about her parents, and how she craved leaving District 10 to find them(if they were still out there). Katri eyes landed on Theon's, which looked a little confused, as he still awaited her name "Oh I'm sorry, my names Katri" She always tended to get off topic easily. She squinted her eyes to the boy and grinned mischievously. "So, can I hear you play?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Melody || Katri   An Afternoon Melody || Katri I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Afternoon Melody || Katri
Page 1 of 1