The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Night Out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabrina Nadine
District 2
Sabrina Nadine

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Sabrina had just finished tending to a sick little boy from the poorer side of District Two. She needed to take a break from all the... Human pain. She needed to have fun, laugh a little. Or at least, that's what her friends had said. But they were guys, who knew what went through their heads? She was going to a little party they had set up for her. Another year, another time none of them had been drafted for the Hunger Games. But Shane's family hadn't been so lucky. Shane was one of her older guy friends, more like an older brother. Not that she didn't have enough already. Shane's little sister, Sarah, a small girl of 14, had been put into the Hunger Games. She had died. Not surprisingly, Shane wasn't attending this party, this "new tradition", as the guys had put it.

She walked into the club-like venue that was filled with people. "Hey!" She called oven Caden, anoother guy friend of hers. "I thought this was a friends-only party!" He grinned mischeiviously. "*My* friends." She rolled her eyes. Of course, he was the most popular kid at the joke of a school-actually, more of a propo spreader- that the Capitol said had the best education. She headed off the the dance floor, shaking her head to the beat coming from some -probably stolen from the Mayor- antique boomboxes. They were blasting some really old song, something about rebellion, about raising your voice and being heard. She raised her eyebrows at the choice of music. Since when was District 2 rebellious? " Sing it for the world sing it for the world... " The boombox continued to play.

Sabrina needed a break. She didn't *do* social functions. Walking out of the dark, warm place filled with swaying teenage bodies, she welcomed the cool night air. It felt like... Change. Something big was going to happen. Maybe not soon, but it would happen.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:47 pm

"Lunch break!" The sound bellowed through the underground tavern where the train set. IT came from the lips of the heavy but strong manager of the whole operation. His voice was loud and echoes far enough for all to hear. He steered the train and pretty much brought together the whole operation of the rebel train. However, no one knew where he was from, which was odd to petty much... everyone. Looking over at the bunch of left over and nearly rooting meat, Taryn knew she had to find something fresh.
Scooting over to Stan she whispered to him, "do you know where we are?"
"Uhh.... District 2 I believe." He said after a moments thought.
"Do you think he would gt mad if I caught some fresh food?"
"Probably." Stan shrugged "....but no one else would." He added as an after thought. "You should go. Tell him and run before he has a chance to process it. Besides, I'm sure he despises this stuff as much as we do. Nodding, Taryn slipped out of the crowd swarming around the food trying to find the best. She wove to find Swade... or whatever they called him and muttered something. In the clamor, one of the few sounds distinguishable was. 'I'll be back by dinner.' And with that, she was off. Racing up the steps to find fresh air.

Taryn was blinded by light when she appeared from the tree stump where the secret entrance was located. She looked around to take in her surroundings in order to find it easily when she came back. But she wasn't worried. The tree was the only one of it's kind for miles. She then took in everything else, letting every one of her senses take over. The was a hunter and this was the easy part. However, unlike most forest sounds, there was also a low hum. Taryn could distinguish that hum very easily, but she was shocked by how loud it was. Then some figurative light bulb popped above her head. District 2. Something about tons of Peacekeepers or something. That's why the train was so far away from the district. That's why the fence was extra charged. Curiosity sparked more then anything else. And her legs took her to the fence before her mind did. It was almost two miles away, but when Taryn reached it, she was almost shocked with it's intensity. It was very large and charged way more then 3's were. She wanted to get in so bad, she was so curious what those huge walls could be hiding. But she had no way of getting it. She began walking the perimeter. Suddenly, the earth sunk away from her, gravity had failed... or so it seemed. It turned out that she had just fallen into a trap. Only, it wasn't a trap, it was a secret passageway, hidden by make-shift leaves. It led right under the fence and had another opening at the end. Taryn almost laughed out loud when she saw it. Ecstatic, she crossed it and carefully came out the other side.

A faint song carried through the air and Taryn slowly walked to it. Realizing that night was already falling, she got slightly worried, but she honestly could care less. She followed the sound finding it fairly catchy. It came from a building Taryn deduced as she came closer. Most likely for some party. A door opened and Taryn jumped out of the way. She could not be seen, especially in the Peacekeeper place, District, something. She saw a girl jumped out and Taryn jumped around a corner. Her foot hit something and she went flying and landed on her face. She swore under her breath. The girl would have to be deaf to not hear her. Standing up quickly so that when she came to her aid she wouldn't still be up to her ears in dirt. She brushed herself off just as she heard something... or someone just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Sabrina Nadine
District 2
Sabrina Nadine

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Sabrina was humming the rebellious yet strangely catchy song to herself when she heard a loud THUMP, and a girl not much younger than her fell out of the trees. The unknown girl quickly stood up, clearly not happy her falling. She looked... expectant. Sabrina walked slowly up to her, thinking that the girl might flee if she made any sudden noises. "Um... Hi," She said faintly. Realizing she might not have been heard, she raised her voice. "Hello?" Sabrina looked at the girl. Blonde, of medium stature, looking slightly of coal dust. "Who are you? I haven't seen you at the town often... Are you one of the coal miner kids?"

She quickly amended her statement, it might have sounded a bit snobby to the girl. "I don't mean that in a bad way." She realized the girl might be hurt. "Um... Are you ok? You took quite a fall. Here, let me see, I know a thing or two about first aid."

((ooc: sorry for not responding earlier!!!! soooo busy!!!!))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:22 am

A girl quickly came up behind her and all chances of getting in and out of the district unseen were blown out the window. She asked something about one of the mining kids. Isn't that district 12? She couldn't help but think. Oh, right they have some mining thing in this district too. Through the railway she had been to many districts, but never two. They rarely ever went there, it being the capitol of the peacekeepers and all... or whatever it was called, it was too risky.

Realizing that she had a great stroke of luck, unlike most districts, not everyone had seen every face.... hopefully. But she would play along as soon as possible. Attempting to slur her speech a little bit, Taryn pretended that she had little education and had a little to drink recently. "Yeah.... I suppose. I've been mining for a long time - It's been long. I heard the purty music and wanted to see what it was all about." She widened her eyes without even realizing it and shuffled her feet often. "And I saw all you kids and got jealous. I don't have any friends - I never know anyone." She swayed slightly and grabbed a wall for support. She was actually feeling dizzy. Either, the part was getting to her too much, or she was having trouble breathing in the polluted air. It wasn't that bad, but it was way worse than district three. Assuming it was the latter, the looked back up at the girl.

((Me too, I'm really sorry. I would have replied earlier but our power went out for a few days and forgot that it didn't actually send......))
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Nadine
District 2
Sabrina Nadine

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:34 pm

The girl, who seemed a bit tipsy, responded saying she was a mining kid. Yet- Sabrina had treated a lot of the people there, too. They were often the people who came around to her free medicine practice the most, what with all the mining accidents. This made Sabrina a bit suspicious. The girl then mentioned not having any friends, apparently she didn't know anyone. So an antisocial, uneducated girl was drunk? This just invited trouble.

The mining girl swayed a little, dropping a bit and leaning onto the wall for support. Sabrina sighed. So much for a break."Come on, let's get you home." She held out her hand, offering it to the girl for balance. "By the way- my name's Sabrina Nadine. You can call me Sabby or Brina for short. And you are?" She figured she might as well introduce herself, even if getting a slightly tipsy mining girl home wasn't the best circumstances for first introductions.

((soooooo sorry too!!! i thought i sent this, but the internet was spazzing on me and it got all erased, soo i had to type it again, haha.))
Back to top Go down
Quiris Paroskip
District 3
Quiris Paroskip

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm so sorry to butt in on a conversation like this, but I love this. It's so cool.

Anyway, carry on
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Corvus
District 8
Charlotte Corvus

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:02 pm

((Quiris, if you add out of character posts please put them in double parentheses like so!>>))
Back to top Go down
Quiris Paroskip
District 3
Quiris Paroskip

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:16 am

((sorrry!!!!))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:27 am

Crap. What did I just get myself into? "But... I don't have a home! There's no where to take me ...but there's always the Seam, or the pub as some people call it ...I think?" She scratched her head stupidly and stood up abruptly and grabbing the girl's shirt. "Oh... Sabby. I like that." She smiled. Deciding that no harm would be done if she gave the girl her real name, she let go up the hem of Sabrina's shirt and said, "I'm Taryn."

Taryn really had no idea what she was going to do, or how he was going to get away, but she really hoped that her skills of improvising would come in handy in a little while. She also hoped that the girl wouldn't ask much about her. She wasn't bad at lying, in fact, Stan told her she was really good at it, she just hoped Sabrina wouldn't look into her mindless ranting and see how deep of a hole she was about to get herself into.
Back to top Go down
Sabrina Nadine
District 2
Sabrina Nadine

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:19 am

Sabrina was more than a little suspicious right now. The Seam? What was that? This girl was not who she appeared to be. The 'drunk and stupid' girl suddenly stood up and grabbed her shirt, saying she liked the nickname 'Sabby.' "All right, Sabby it is, then." The girl then introduced herself as Taryn. Sabrina decided to just go along with Taryn for a bit. She didn't know what was going on here, but intended to find out.

This girl was more intelligent than she let on. Sabrina knew when people were lying, faking, acting. As a healer, she had to be able to tell whether some symptoms were fake or in their heads, and which ones were real. Sabrina almost believed the girl, but there was something about the vaguely controlled nature of Taryn's rambling that made it slightly... fake. Sabrina had seen crazy and/or drunk people before. Taryn was different.

"Well, Taryn, are you hungry? You can crash at my place 'till you're sober." Sabrina decided to let it go for a while, let Taryn un-crazyfy herself and then explain. "I have a couple things for hangovers that just might help."
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Taryn's spirit diminished as she realized how shallow her plan was. If my father knew of this he'd be ashamed, I'm supposed to be exceptionally smart and the brains of the capitol. What seemed like a good idea at the time was now falling fast. Will I give in? But then I'll have to tell her ...something. Racking her brain for anything that might work, she knew she would just say little until she figured something out. But it wasn't working, her brain wasn't cooperating. All that she had come up with so far was throw water on her face and act a little better because her mind which was supposedly hazy got 'less hazy' by playing a mind trick on her fake slow mind. It seemed ok but it would wear off, plus it kind of hurt to think about. Other than that, all she had was ram into a wall and knock yourself out, but with this being the peacekeeper capitol and all, both ideas could end up rather disastrous.

"Well, Taryn, are you hungry? You can crash at my place 'till you're sober. I have a couple things for hangovers that just might help."
Putting her hand against the wall again she mused, "well that's nice of you." Then after an exceptionally long pause she added, "you know, if you want to go back to that party you can. You know the party with the music. It is probably more fun." Taryn then got a sudden urge to keel over and play dead ...or unconscious, but she pushed the thought away just as quick. Erg, what am I going to do? She internally moaned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Night Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Night Out   A Night Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 2-
Jump to: