The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The kill of the day...(open..)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thalia Rose Grace
District 12
Thalia Rose Grace

The kill of the day...(open..) Empty
PostSubject: The kill of the day...(open..)   The kill of the day...(open..) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I woke up from a short night's sleep. Turning over, I saw little Reia curled up near Trent. Mom was already in her garden, trying to plant anything. I climbed out of bed quietly and pulled on my boots. I went to the door where my bow and arrows lied in waiting for me. I quickly picked them up and grabbed my sack which was to bring my catch home in and to store my necessities. I walked out the door waving my farewell to my mother and dashing toward the woods. I climbed through the hole under the wire fence that used to be big enough for a grown man. Now it was just big enough for me. I silently creeped through the shadows of the woods checking all my traps. I had obtained a rabbit that was a pretty good size. I would trade that at the hob. Then a movement to my right made me quickly and silently climb a tree to my left. I saw what made the movement and my heart lifted. That buck was going to be the kill of the day. I readied my bow and pulled back the quiver. The whole world fell silent as I let my arrow fly...
Back to top Go down
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

Location : Alieya's in your bed, and Thalia's under it, and . . . well I'm in your closet.

PostSubject: Re: The kill of the day...(open..)   The kill of the day...(open..) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Arianna and her siblings were “visiting” their third District . . . so far. As usual, Roselyn, or one of them would create a diversion so that the pilot would make the train stop right in front of the entrance to the district, which in this case was twelve. Roselyn decided that she wasn’t going to be the one to create the diversion this time, and so she asked for one of us to do it instead. Carter immediately offered to do it, and said that he had a plan.

We all huddled around Carter as he told us his plan. It was somewhat odd, but we figured that it would work. We got to work.

Carter, being relatively small for his age, was going to pretend to be a small child who was about to die of a rare blood disease. Ashleigh was going to be the one who called attention to it, and the rest of them were going to play random rebels in the train.

“Help me! Help!” Carter yelled. Only a few people noticed, so it was Ashleigh’s turn. Carter fell in her arms, and Ashleigh immediately started weeping. It was hard not to laugh at all the people on the train rushing over to them. All of a sudden, Ashleigh started babbling on about how he’s her little brother and that she had to look after him now that their parents were dead and that jazz. Anyway, sure enough, she caught a train attendant’s attention and told the pilot to stop the train. He then told Ashleigh to get off the train, (because they had just docked right in front of the entrance to 12,) and take him to the nearest healer. Arianna found her chance to but in.

“Um. Excuse me, sir. I’m that little boy’s aunt, and I’m here with his older sisters. I think we should go with him, too.
The man pondered this for a moment, and then said “Oh, alright.” And the doors opened.
Arianna and her siblings found a short little latter, and started climbing it. At the very top was a trap door made out of wood. Arianna opened it as silently as she could, and they took their first steps into District 12.

They were in the woods, most likely outside of the gate. It was morning. Arianna could hear birds chirping, and felt the wind blowing. District 12 was nice . . . so far. They walked a little bit farther. Christina accidently stepped on a twig and broke it, startling a buck. It ran off a ways. They kept walking, in the same direction that the buck went. They were about 20 feet away from the buck when it fell down, dead. Arianna walked over to the buck. She was standing over it, just staring down at it. Maybe we should take it. Thought Arianna. At least we’d have something to eat, but then the person who shot it wouldn’t have the food. I’m not that kind of person, am I??? Arianna kept thinking. When she had finished this thought, she looked up. She gasped, even though she wasn’t totally surprised at what she saw.

Back to top Go down
Thalia Rose Grace
District 12
Thalia Rose Grace

PostSubject: Re: The kill of the day...(open..)   The kill of the day...(open..) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

I was just about to jump from my perch on the limb when a girl crouched down by my buck. I quickly jumped, did a somersault in the air, and landed by the buck. I looked the children up and down and considered just giving the buck to them. Then Reia’s little, hungry, hollowed face appeared in my mind. I quickly stepped over it and pulled out my arrow, not once letting my eyes leave the kids. They didn’t look like they were from around here. “Don’t let the peacekeepers find you. I won’t be here to protect you.” I said as I quickly readied my bow and shot a wild dog that had been stalking them. Then I picked up the buck shakily and started to sprint off. Then I stopped and readied my bow with three arrows and shot them into the center of the eyes of three robins flying by. They dropped in front of the children and I tossed my rabbit to them. “There is your supper.” I looked at the eldest of them. “Don’t let them starve.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kill of the day...(open..)   The kill of the day...(open..) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The kill of the day...(open..)
Page 1 of 1