The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Just another day~Cassie!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Just another day~Cassie! Empty
PostSubject: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Usually, April loved the hunger games, and whenever they were on the girl would spend as much time as she possibly could watching them and taking careful notes so she would be prepared when she finally got to participate in them. This year was different, however. This year she had to watch someone she had actually gotten to know fight for his life.

Yes, they had just met, but Sasha had been someone April would have enjoyed spending more time with. And now he was in the games, and despite the fact that he had put up a great fight when they met, April couldn’t help but be worried about him; After all, sometimes even the best tributes could get taken out by a freak accident.

But it wasn’t just the fact that she was scared for the older boy; April was also confused. He was as much of a Career as she was, or so she had thought due to the fact that he, like her, had come to the training center to practice before the reaping. Heck, he had even volunteered for the Games! But then he had gone and allied himself with some girl from District 12, turning his back on his fellow careers. The way April saw it, the other Careers would at some point try to stab one another in the back (probably literally), but it made a whole lot more sense to stick with them than some random person, from 12 of all Districts, who would also probably stab you in the back while the Careers were trying to stab you in the front at the same time. If this was some big strategy of Sasha’s, it went against everything April had ever been taught about the Games. And if it wasn’t, that meant Sasha simply hadn’t wanted to join the Careers, an idea April couldn’t even begin to wrap her head around.

So she chose not to. Instead, April decided to do something to take her mind off it. Her default method of distracting herself was usually to go to the training center and slash some dummies or pick a fight with a fellow career until she was so tired she couldn’t think, but going to the training center was not going to help April take her mind off the Games or the boy she had met in that very room. So instead she made her way to some trees near the center of the District and climbed the tallest tree she could find; there were hardly any trees in the games this year, so that meant there was a good chance there would be lots of them in next year’s arena. April climbed until she was several feet above the ground, and then settled herself on a large branch.

Once she was comfortable, April pulled a slingshot and a handful of rocks she had collected on her way to the tree out of her pockets. Sure, a slingshot was a simple weapon, but for all she knew it could mean the difference between life and death in the Hunger Games, so April made it her job to know how to use one. Besides, from where she was sitting, anyone passing by would just see a rock come seemingly from nowhere, which was super useful. April loaded a small rock into the slingshot and fired it at a tree directly across from her, grinning as it hit with a loud "ping!"

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 am

Cassie had just gotten out of the Traing Center, and she was glad. Yes, she normally loved to train, but she had found nobody there. They were probably watching the Hunger Games, with that boy that teamed up with District 12.

She now was at her house. No, she couldn't go there. Her dad still thought she was training. But where else could she go? She thought for a moment and decided to go to the second place she loved to go. The mini forest.

So moments later she was walking off toward the forest, her blade in hand. Yes, she would have used her bow and arrow usually, but she just didn't. It was strange. She shrugged it off and soon saw a tiny patch of green in front of her.

Cassie broke into a run towards it, grinning when she finally ran into if and a patch of trees surrounded her. But then she heard a loud "ping! She whipped around and looked into a tree, seeing a girl that seemed her age in a tree. With a slingshot.

Since she was in no mood to fight, (for now, anyway) she also climbed a tree, but this one was much farther away. She was out of the girl's sight, but she could see her. Almost like her personal one-way glass. She smiled and waited for the girl to do something.
(( Sorry about how bad it is... My creative juices aren't flowing lol))
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm

April tensed at the sound of another person entering the woods. She suppressed a small laugh as the girl, who she recognized from school but had never really spoken to, was clearly startled by the rock that had just shot past her. April saw the girl looking at her, but she made no move to acknowledge the brunette. The normally friendly girl was not really in the mood for company right now, so hopefully the newcomer would take the hint not to stand around and annoy the girl in a tree with a slingshot. Surely she had been trained better than that, right?

Apparently she had, because no sooner had she reacted to April’s flying rock than did she walk away. But she didn’t leave. April narrowed her eyes and looked around as quietly as she could, trying to figure out where the girl had gone. Normally she had no problem with people being around her, but in the mood she was in April was not feeling very trusting of anyone who was going to creep up on her in the middle of the woods and hide from her.

But as soon as she thought that, April’s usual trusting nature won over; it wasn’t like she was the one in the Hunger Games, so she most likely didn’t have anything to worry about from this other girl. Besides, April was the one who had just almost hit her with a slingshot. If anything, the blonde was the threatening one. Not that April was threatening. Oh, she could be if she wanted to, when she was sparring and training, but at all other times April was a very bubbly, perky girl, who didn't go out of her way to harm people-at least, not until she got picked for the Games. Then she would make it her business to harm every other person in the arena. And not leave her fellow careers to team up with someone from District 12 for no apparent reason. The fourteen year old let out an exasperated sigh before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, forcing her thoughts once again from the Games.

Feeling slightly more relaxed, but still on edge, April decided to turn her focus back to her slingshot. She had no idea where the other girl had gone, so she decided to continue aiming for the first tree she had shot at, not wanting to accidentally fire into a tree the brunette could possibly be in. April loaded a rock into the string and pulled it back, sending the rock flying towards the tree and hitting it right in the dent where her first shot had hit. Bulls-eye.

((Sorry for the slowness! I've been incredibly busy. <3 )

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Cassie heard the girl laugh from her tree and scowled at how weak she must've looked. She whipped the blade out and was glad she had the back-up one in her shoe. Why she kept it there? She had no answer... She settled herself in between 2 branches and continued to just... stare. A small smile spread across her lips as she continued to watch. If this were the Games, she could have easily killed the girl...

No, she couldn't think like that. This girl was a fellow Career, after all. And she was somebody she saw at school. She traced the blade with her finger, careful not to hurt herself as she did so. She then jabbed the blade into the tree, as if it were her enemy. Too easy.

But then she found herself falling out of the tree. She gave a squeal of surprise out as she fell to the ground, but she grabbed one of the lower branches quickly and swung herself up to her earlier branch, retrieving her blade before climbing down to the ground. She then took off running, away from that other girl.

Yes, Cassie's mind was now on Hunger Games mode. But she had to think fast. The cuts on her hands from falling and quickly grabbing the branch hurt, but not as much as getting killed in the Games would. She suddenly saw a tree a good distance away and climbed up it, sitting up on one of the highest branches. No, she couldn't see the other girl anymore, but she would if she had came after her.
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Ping.

Ping.

Ping

April grinned as her rocks continued to fly off her slingshot exactly where she wanted them to go. Yes, mindlessly hitting things really was the best way to get one’s mind off of things, if you asked the blonde. In fact, April was so focused on shooting her slingshot, that she had completely forgotten about the other girl, who was still somewhere nearby.

At least, she had, until she heard the brunette let out a squeal. April looked down from her perch and let out a loud gasp as she saw the girl falling, followed by a sigh of relief when she caught herself. That had been close. Clearly this girl needed to practice climbing trees if she ever wanted to be as good as April. Still peering down from her tree, April called out, “Are you okay?”, but before she could even get a response the brunette had taken off running with…a knife?

Hmmph. Well, that was the last time April assumed the best of someone. The one time she hadn’t been in the mood to think about the games, this girl had shown up and hidden from her with a knife. Wonderful. If this had been the games, the brunette probably could have killed April, and that was not okay with her. April did not take well to being defeated, even if this technically didn’t count as a defeat.

A scowl now on her face, April dropped gracefully from her tree, hoping the other girl had been watching. Ha. At least April could get out of a tree without freaking out. She went in the direction she had seen the brunette running, then paused and looked around when she realized the girl was nowhere to be found. Hmm. There was really nowhere she could have gone except a tree, which also meant she could probably see April right now. Deciding there was no use in making an enemy out of the girl, April forced herself to lower her slingshot and tentatively called out to the brunette. “Uh, hello? You weren’t running from me were you?”

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:21 am

Cassie saw the girl drop down from the tree. She was showing off, she knew it. Her hands reached for her bow and quiver of arrows that normally rested on her back, but they werent there. Oh, right. She had left them at home. She mentally kicked herself before she saw the blonde racing toward her, with a scowl. Oh, great.

Saying it was probably good to stay here, saying the girl was rather fast, she just continued to jab her knife into the tree before pulling it out again. Beautiful. But the girl was now approaching her. Fast. She pulled the knife out and strapped it to her leg again. But she was a little startled at the question. Confused, she jumped out of the tree and landed behind the girl.

"Yes, I was running from you."
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm

“Eep!” April let out a small jump and turned to face the girl that had just landed behind her. Okay, so maybe she could get out of a tree after all. Fine. But that didn’t mean she had to go around jumping up behind people. What was with this girl and sneaking up on April today?

So, the brunette was running from her. Probably because she’d heard tales of April’s amazing weapon skills and was now intimidated. April would be intimidated if she ran into herself in the tiny forest, too. But April also had a rather high opinion of herself. So she supposed she couldn’t blame the girl for running. The blonde grinned at her classmate (whose name was on the tip of her tongue…Casey? Carrie? Lassie?).

“I was following you to see what you were running from,” April said with a small laugh. So maybe it wasn’t entirely true, but it had been odd to consider the girl running from her. And why not try to make friends with the bruntte? She seemed to know what she was doing, and the more people who liked April the better, since she was going to be famous one day. Not to mention April could really use a sparring partner who didn't want to actually kill her, and as much as April hadn't wanted to think about training today, running into the brunette had killed any chances April had of accomplishing that task.

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:05 am

Cassie couldn't help but give a little smirk at the girl's jump. But then again, she had done the same thing, so she wiped the smirk off of her face. Momentarily. So instead, she listened.
“I was following you to see what you were running from,” She must have found this funny, because she gave off a little laugh.

A laugh. Saying how good she was with her bow and arrow, there shouldn't be a laugh. But she had stupidly left them at home. She raised her eyebrow and even frowned a little, but quickly went back to her normal mask of no emotions. It worked. Usually.

"In my defense, I was thinking of the Games. I'm Cassie. You are?" Cassie asked, cocking her head to one side. She wasn't here to spare. So she leaned against the tree's trunk and waited for the response. But then again, if the girl wanted to spare, she could always just whip out her nifty little knife of her own...
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Okay, so Cassie clearly wasn’t a laugher. Well, not everyone could be as easygoing as April, the blonde conceded.

So, the girl was thinking about the games? It figured; that was all anybody ever thought about around here, April included. And really, why would she ever want to think of anything else? The Games were exciting, a chance to prove oneself and win eternal glory! Except when certain people ignored their fellow careers and went off with some random tribute from 12. But April still wasn’t going to think about that.She grimaced in response to Cassie’s statement. “For once, I was trying not to think of the games.”

Fortunately April was saved from having to explain herself when Cassie (YES! That was her name! April knew she had seen the girl before) introduced herself. April was extremely slightly offended that Cassie didn’t recognize her. Of course April didn’t have time to learn the names of everyone at school, but the blonde definitely considered herself popular enough to be known by other students. Hmmph. Cassie was probably just pretending not to know April’s name since April didn’t know hers. Yes, that had to be it. April smiled at the girl and responded, “I’m April, April Adams. You’re in some of my classes at school, I think.”

Following Cassie’s lead, April leaned against another tree facing her classmate. “So what brought you out here? Training?” April cocked an eyebrow and glanced at Cassie; the brunette had been running around with a knife, after all. Not to mention they lived in District 1. It wouldn’t surprise April if Cassie trained at the gym like she did, though they must have had different training schedules, since April couldn’t remember seeing Cassie there too often.

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 am

“For once, I was trying not to think of the games.” Came the girl's response. Cassie gave a small, sad smile, nodding in agreement. The boy had teamed up with District 12, which would not leave District 1 with a good reputation this year.

“I’m April, April Adams. You’re in some of my classes at school, I think.” Right. April, that was her name. Well, she knew it had something to do with the months. Offering a smile, she responded, "Yea. History. Maybe something else too." She was about to excuse herself from the conversation and head back home, but the question's just came coming.

“So what brought you out here? Training?” Oh, right. The knife. Taking it out of it's normal spot on her leg, she smiled once again and copied the girls cocked eyebrow. "I just bring this everywhere. Sometimes I forget about it. And I was here to s-relax." Cassie caught herself and lied easily. She didn't want her to know about that little lake in the middle of the forest, now did she? As far as she knew, Cassie was the only one that knew it existed.
((Sorry so short! I'm super busy..))
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Cassie carried a knife around with her? That wasn’t too weird around here, April supposed. After all, she had been carrying a slingshot around. Still, April tucked away that little piece of information just in case she needed it later.

And she was here to ‘S-relax’? April narrowed her eyes slightly at Cassie, but decided not to question her. The blonde highly doubted Cassie would answer her honestly, so she made a mental note to come back to the woods in a few days and give them a thorough search. If Cassie was keeping something hidden in here, April was determined to find it. It couldn’t be too difficult, anyways-it was a small forest.

April nodded. “That’s why I’m here too. Well, and to get in a little target practice.” She held up her slingshot. For some people, this would have been that awkward part of the conversation where it was difficult to think of what to say next, but April could carry a conversation with just about anybody, especially one of her own classmates. Now was as good of a time as any for April to decide if Cassie was a person worth spending more time with. The brunette already had some points in her favor for being good with weapons and having nice hair (that was always important), however she also had some points against her for running away from April like a crazy person and carrying a knife with her everywhere. Oh, and not knowing April’s name. Hmm. It wasn’t looking too good for Cassie at the moment, but maybe she could redeem herself.

“So, I take it you train a lot? What’s your favorite weapon?” April kept a friendly smile on her face as she spoke. Regardless of whether or not she decided to become better friends with Cassie, it was always good to have people like her. Having enemies was just annoying, if you asked April. Then again, didn’t all popular people need enemies? Hmm. This was too much for her to think about at the moment, so April refocused herself on Cassie. Weapons were always easy to think about.

Back to top Go down
Cassie Dreary
District 1
Cassie Dreary

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Cassie offered another small half-smile. She noticed her narrowing her eyes when she had almost slipped about that swimming thing. This girl was pretty smart. Not as easy as the... others.

“That’s why I’m here too. Well, and to get in a little target practice.” At least the girl was either covering up her suspicions, or had pushed them aside. "Oh. Yeah, my house is a little crazy, with the Games and all." She answered, pulling her pants over the knife.

“So, I take it you train a lot? What’s your favorite weapon?” Ah, so yet another question. Usually she didn't like to talk about herself, but she answered quickly, "Oh, dagger." Man. The lies were just rolling off her tongue today, weren't they?

She leaned against her trunk again and brushed some of her dark brown hair out of her face, sighing as she awaited the response.
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:18 pm

April nodded, the ghost of a smile crossing over her features. Her house was pretty crazy as well, though her younger brother Drew was the cause of that rather than the Games. He had taken to running around the house pretending he was different tributes and trying to tackle April, though she always managed to stop him. Usually the blonde would be running around the house with her brother, but again, she was a bit preoccupied by the events of this year’s games…that she wasn’t going to think about.

Instead, she turned her attention to Cassie as the brunette answered her question and didn’t even bother trying to hide the shock and disbelief at what her classmate had just said. A dagger? Of all the weapons available to the privileged children of District 1, Cassie’s favorite was a dagger? Sure, they came in very handy, but it was her favorite? April was having some serious trouble wrapping her brain around the fact that anyone’s, let alone a fellow Career’s, favorite weapon was a dagger. And she couldn’t think of a reason for Cassie to be lying to her, since it wasn’t like they would ever be competing against each other in the Games. But rather than risk offending her classmate (if the look on her face hadn’t already done just that), April quickly forced a smile and said in the cheeriest voice she could muster, “Oh, a dagger? That’s a, uh…interesting choice.” There. That wasn’t too offensive, right? “I prefer a sword myself.” April was skilled with at least a dozen other weapons, but her perfectly balanced sword was easily her favorite.

Mimicking Cassie, April leaned against her own tree trunk and examined the girl standing across from her. The blonde still hadn’t decided what to think of her classmate, but things weren’t looking too good for Cassie after the dagger incident. Rather than ask any more questions of the brunette, April decided to leave it up to Cassie to continue their conversation. Hopefully Cassie could say something to redeem herself from the dagger comment, though April wasn’t sure if that was even possible.

((Again, SO sorry for slowness!))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another day~Cassie!   Just another day~Cassie! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just another day~Cassie!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 1-
Jump to: