The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sierra Raine
District 11

There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) Empty
PostSubject: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Sierra was walking towards her house as quickly as she could. It was late. Too late to still be out. It was past curfew and she needed to get home. She wasn't running so she wouldn't call attention to herself. She was still far away from her home. She was walking in the shadows of a house when she saw someone up ahead. Ducking into an alley she watched the person walk past. Realizing it was a peacekeeper she shrunk farther back into the shadows. Suddenly she heard a noise behind her. Turning quickly she quietly said, "Who is there?" When no one answered she said it a little louder. This time someone answered.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 pm

It was unusual for Melody to be out past curfew, but lately the thirteen year old had taken to aimlessly wandering, and she hadn’t been paying much attention to the fact that the sun was setting. The blonde had been slightly preoccupied thinking of the same thing that had been on her mind since the reaping. Mel quickly forced the thoughts of her brother to the back of her mind, and refocused herself on the fact that it was late, and she needed to get home. The peacekeepers didn’t take too well to kids wandering around late. What the peacekeepers thought the kids were going to do was beyond Mel, but she wasn’t going to hang around and ask one of them.

Staying close to the houses so as not to be seen, Melody began making her way back home. Just as she was passing a house she recognized as belonging to one of her friends, Mel heard a noise, and quickly jumped into an alley, listening carefully. Suddenly, another person had joined her, but had her back to Mel. Not wanting to deal with anyone at the moment, the thirteen year old attempted to make her way out of the alley as quietly as possible, but she must have stepped on something, because the next thing she knew the person was speaking to her.

And surprisingly (as the district was huge), Melody recognized the voice. It was Sierra, her older sister Tori’s friend from school. Mel didn’t know the older girl too well, but she definitely recognized her. The blonde had been too distracted to answer Sierra’s question, so when the older girl asked again, she answered quickly. “Relax, it’s just me.” Mel stepped out of the shadows slightly as she spoke, since Sierra probably wouldn’t recognize her in the darkness. She really wasn’t in the mood for chitchat, but now that Sierra had caught her there wasn’t really anything Mel could do to avoid it. Before the reaping, Melody would have been thrilled to see another person out this late to keep her company, but now all the blonde wanted to do was get home.

((EDIT: I fail, Mel is thirteen...April must have been in my head when I was writing this, sorry about that >_< ))

Last edited by Melody Fraeder on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sierra Raine
District 11

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:47 pm

The person finally answered. Sierra didn't immediately recognize the voice. But then she remembered the time she went over to Tori's house and a girl had interrupted their chat. Tori had introduced her as Mel, her younger sister. "Wait you're Tori's sister aren't you? Mel right?" Sierra asked the girl who had just spoken. "What are you doing out here so late?" Sierra was confused as to why a 14 year old girl would be hanging out in an alley. Deciding now wasn't the time for questions Sierra said, "How about I take you home. You don't live to far away from me and I have to go by your house anyways." Sierra didn't wait for an answer. She grabbed Mel's hand and pulled her towards the front of the alley.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:53 pm

Thank goodness Sierra had recognized Mel, even if it was only as “Tori’s sister”. It really was annoying sometimes, having four older sisters. It seemed just about everyone in the District knew Melody as Claire, Valerie, Sasha, or Tori’s sister. Still, anything was better than the new name people had picked up, ‘Donta’s sister’, so the blonde mustered up a weak smile and nodded.

Not in the mood for conversation, Mel waited for the older girl to speak and shrugged in response to Sierra’s question. “I guess I just lost track of time.” The thirteen year old didn’t really feel the need to go into any details as to why she had been out wandering around in the first place. It was probably obvious enough anyways, what with the whole “dead brother” thing.

And now Sierra was offering-or rather, insisting on-taking Melody home? Melody was slightly irritated that the older girl seemed to think Mel couldn’t manage to get home on her own, but she didn’t want to be rude to her sister’s friend, so she allowed Sierra to lead her out of the alley. While Mel usually would have chatted away happily to Tori’s friend, as she had the first time Tori had introduced them, today Mel was silent as they walked along. She only spoke again when they reached the entrance to the alley, and had to ask “Do you think the peacekeepers are gone?” As much as she had tried to tell herself she didn’t need any help, Melody couldn’t help feeling slightly nervous at the thought of a peacekeeper finding her out so late. Mel’s nerves were clear in her voice when she spoke, and she couldn’t help gripping the older girl’s hand a little more tightly in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Sierra Raine
District 11

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Sierra can tell how nervous the girl was. So she stuck her head out of the alley and looked around. "Yeah they are gone. Now come on and stick close to the shadows so we don't get caught," Sierra said. Then she stepped out of the alley and began to make her way along the sides of the houses.

Sierra was walking quickly yet carefully as not to draw attention to her or Melody. They were almost to Melody's house when Sierra suddenly stopped. "I think someone is following us," she whispered to Melody. Sierra turned slowly to try and find the person but it was too dark to see. So instead she pushed herself and Melody almost flat against a wall and hoped that whoever it was would leave so they could continue on their way.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Mel let out a sigh of relief when Sierra announced that the peacekeepers were gone, though she knew they would be back soon enough. A bundle of nerves, Mel followed Sierra out of the alley, sticking as close as she could to the sides of the houses without actually going through the walls (because, unfortunately, Mel couldn’t do that).

Just when Melody was getting comfortable and her house was nearly in sight, Sierra had shoved her against a wall. “Hey-“ Melody began, but quickly stopped speaking as she sensed that something was wrong. Someone was following them? Mel peered around the side of the house as far as she dared, but didn’t see anything.

“Are you sure? I don’t see anyone.” Despite her words, Mel’s heart was pounding so loudly she was sure that if someone was following them it would surely give her away. Me didn’t know exactly what would happen if a peacekeeper caught them out past curfew, but she didn’t want to find out either.

As quietly as she could manage, Mel slowly made her way around a corner, so that she was on a different wall of the house. She turned back to Sierra and motioned for her to follow. Making sure to keep her voice low, she whispered, “Maybe if we walk around back we can lose whoever’s following us.” Assuming someone was following them at all, which Mel was still hoping was not the case. Still, it was better safe than sorry as far as the peacekeepers were concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sierra Raine
District 11

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Sierra followed Melody to the other wall. "We need to figure out if there really is someone following us. I am pretty sure I saw something but it could have just been an animal or something," she whispered. Sierra looked back around the corner of the wall. She thought she saw something move but it could have been just a trick of the light.

"Stay here. I am going to go see if there is any one there," she said to Melody as she began to step away from the wall and around the corner. Sierra hoped it was nothing and that she was just a little jumpy from being out so late.

Sierra made her way along the shadows until she reached the spot she had seen the movement. There was nothing there so she began to make her way back to where she had left Melody. "It was nothing. Probably just a cat," Sierra said. "Come on. The sooner we get to our homes the better."

With that they began to make their way back towards Melody's house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)   There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There's no place like home. (pm me if you want to join)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 11-
Jump to: