The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Somewhere out there ~ Taryn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Somewhere out there ~ Taryn Empty
PostSubject: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Melody had not been to school in over a week-none of the kids in District 11 had. It was the time of the harvest, and that meant that every single member of the District was expected to be working all day, every day. It was exhausting, both physically and emotionally; Mel was used to having her brother Donta for company during her long hours of work, but since he had been reaped for the Hunger Games, Mel had been all alone. She had plenty of friends and four other sisters, but they didn’t work close to her, and lately she hadn’t wanted to spend a very much time with them.

Finally the sun was beginning to set, and Melody made her way home, dirty and exhausted. Feeling a slight chill, the thirteen year old made to put on her sweater, only to realize that she didn’t have it with her. The blonde let out a loud groan; she must have left it at work, which meant she was going to have to walk all the way back to the orchards and get it. Fortunately it was still fairly light out, despite the setting sun, so Mel would still manage to get home before dark, but she was still not happy about having to trek all the way back through town and to her workplace.

But a sweater was not something that could be spared in the Fraeder family, and Mel knew that if she did not retrieve it right away it most likely would not still be around the next day, so she reluctantly turned around and made her way back to the Orchards. As she made her way into town, Melody saw that it was still rather busy. Not wanting to run into anyone and get the usually looks of pity she had been receiving since her brother's reaping, Mel ducked into a less crowded side street, only to find that she had walked straight into another person. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 am

Taryn, Taryn, a familier friendly voice called. She felt herself being lightly shaken awake. She moaned and turned to her side, but she did open her eyes and the squealing of breaks and the jerky motions of the train coming to a stop. "Taryn, we're here!" Stan chimed. She blinked and looked up at her best freind.
Then, the memories of the previous night came to mind.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Her anger issues had kicked in when people were yelling at her for being careless. They told her that becasue of her they would all be discovered. She ended up punching someone because they made her so angry. He ran away. How typical. He had claimed that he didn't want to hit a girl back.

"Are they still mad?" Taryn tried, but by Stan's expressionless face she knew they were. "Whatever." She sulked. She pushed past her friend and went outside. She remembered how last night he had turned against her too. He told her that they were right. Having everyone hate her including her best friend was too much. She had lost it.

Now that she was outside the train, she saw why they were in this District: a cave in. And they had to take it immediatly or the people in the Distrcit above would see. She observed a team getting ready to go outside. That meant it would be dark soon and they would be able to help with the cave-in from above. Trying to blend in, Taryn started clearing rubble with a few other people. She felt a rock hit her back, but she ignored it. She felt some mud hit her hair. Pure, uncontrollable anger was boling inside of her. She picked up a fairly large rock and turned to face her offender. The only thing she saw before mud hit her face and clouded her vision was a nasty bruise on his face. It was the guy she hit. She cleared mud off her face and threw her hand back to hurl the rock at his face, but Stan caught her hand. "Don't" he warned.

Angry, Taryn didn't want to lash out at Stan, she ran. She ran back to the train and then past it. She knew if someone saw her she was dead. She went all the way to the entrance in the woods outside the district. She climbed up and breathed in the clear air and let the setting sun hit her face. How she missed this so. But now her only options were to stay on the train in search of her father or livein the woods. She could easily do that, but she didn't want to. She found the walls easily and also a pond. She cleaned off her face and her hair before she found a large opening under the wall. She wriggled in. She just wanted someone to talk to, Storm had told her to find Willow Fidele if she ever wanted to take a break from the train. Maybe her father would be here too. Taryn clinged on to this only hope and made her way through the beautiful district clinging onto that hope.

Once night was really upon them, she started walking through some back roads. She kept an eye out for Peacekeepers and people out at night careful to stay quiet. She looked behind her and in that brief moment, someone walked strait into her. "Watch it!" She said, letting the reminance of her anger show. Then she remembered that the more she tried to not succumb to it, the easier it would be to sustain it. "I mean... I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:56 pm

“Oh, no, it was my fault. I hope you’re alright?” Mel responded, struck by a feeling of reverse déjà vu after the girl she had just walked in to told her to watch it and then quickly apologized. The thirteen year old had done just that a few days earlier, when she had run into that girl from the Captiol. Hopefully this encounter would be less…weird, for lack of a better word, than Mel’s other encounter had been.

Although, as Melody took in the girl standing before her, she wasn’t sure that was going to happen. This girl didn’t look at all familiar to Mel. While District 11 was rather large, between work and school Melody could at least recognize most of the people who lived near her, and would therefore be out on the road she currently occupied. The face that this girl was school aged made it even stranger that Mel didn’t recognize her. Despite the fact that the girl looked quite a bit older than Melody, the thirteen year old was familiar with most of the older kids in her district thanks to all her older sisters. So Melody was feeling very confused as to why she simply couldn’t place the girl standing before her.

Unless...was it possible that this girl wasn’t from District 11? No, that couldn’t be true. There was simply no way….was there?

“Do I know you?” Mel couldn’t stop the question before it popped out of her mouth, and now she was just hoping that she really didn’t know the girl, because if she should have she was going to feel guilty. But Melody could usually remember a face after seeing it once, so she was pretty confident that this girl was someone she’d never seen before. Now that Mel had gone ahead and told the girl she didn’t know her, the thirteen year old figured she might as well introduce herself. She stuck out her hand and, without thinking, said, “I’m Mel. Mel Fraeder.”

It wasn’t until Mel had spoken that she realized what she had just done; if the girl hadn’t know before just from looking at her, now it was going to be completely obvious that she was related to Donta. Even if Mel had never met this girl before, everyone in District 11 knew the names of the two tributes, and unfortunately Fraeder wasn’t a very common last name. Mentally kicking herself, Mel gave the girl a forced smile and braced herself for the look of pity she was most likely about to receive.

((Sorry for being so slow!))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:45 pm

With the anger still there and threatening to take over, Taryn managed to run into the perfect person. “Oh, no, it was my fault. I hope you’re alright?”
A happy person. At least that’s what she portrayed on the outside. By the way she asked if she was fine and stopped moving, she expected a reply and maybe to even continue talking to her. Taryn took a deep breath. Be nice, be nice, be normal, she had to tell herself over and over again. No one was friends with a girl who had anger issues. “Yeah, I’m fine. Are you alright?” The words tasted bitter, but she tried to ignore it. Adelaide tried to hide her face as best she could. She could [b]not[/i] get caught again or else she would get sent back to her mother. Either that or get left in the woods. The woods option actually seemed even more inviting. Taryn kept her eyes downcast, but she had seen enough of the girl to recognize a… similarity. She hadn’t seen the girl before, no, but she looked very familiar. She shook the thought off, she wasn’t supposed to have seen relatives in other Districts.

“Do I know you?”
Taryn sucked in air. She knew if she gave way to the panic and anger, her erratic breathing would be the first give a way. “I think I’ve seen you before, but I don’t know you’re name. I don’t live on this side of the District anyway… There are so many kids at school, it’s hard to remember the younger grade…” She trailed off. It seemed believable enough.

“I’m Mel. Mel Fraeder.”
Freader, Freader, where had she heard that name before? Taryn searched the recesses of her mind before she realized that the girl’s hand was being held out in front of her. She took it and gave the girl a smile. It was forced, but not as much as she thought it would be. Now she was curious, and curiosity helped diminish the monster of anger growling inside her.
Freader! That was it, right! There was a tribute with that name! That’s why she looked familiar. Since Taryn was on the train, she saw very little of the games, and she could be happier that way. With every death, she was reminded of her brother.

“I’m Taryn…” she paused, not wanting the girl to break down on her or anything. “Are you…” she couldn’t finish the sentence. Now that she thought about it, her first impression of the girl couldn’t be more wrong. Right after her brother died, first she just sat there, let her anger and depression grab ahold of her. But after her mom started beating her and screaming at her, she was a lot like the girl now before her. She tried to be nice to everyone before her. She felt so, so alone. And she just wanted to be alone most of the time but she knew deep down that she really needed someone to talk to (that didn’t hate her) to keep her sanity.

Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Of all the people Mel could have bumped in to, it seemed she had chosen the wrong one. This girl did not look happy. In fact, she looked quite angry despite the fact that she had just asked Mel if she was all right. The thirteen year old shifted uncomfortably under the older girl’s gaze and replied, “Uh, yeah. I’m fine. Sorry again…I should have been paying more attention to where I was going.” Now please don’t hurt me, Mel added to herself.

Mel frowned slightly at the girl’s response to her question. She was positive that they had never met before, but the thirteen year old couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off. But she was probably just overreacting. Melody hadn’t been herself since the reaping, and surely she must have seen this girl before and simply forgotten about it. Although that explanation really wasn’t working for the thirteen year old, she couldn’t come up with a better reason not to know the older girl. She clearly wasn’t from the Capitol, and there was no way to travel between districts that Mel knew of, so that meant the girl had to be from 11, which meant Mel must have seen her at some point in her life.

Even if there was something weird going on, Mel certainly was not about to question the girl who seemed to be quite angry with her. Though once Melody introduced herself, the older girl’s anger seemed to have been replaced by another emotion that the blonde couldn’t quite place. Then, just as the girl was shaking Mel’s hand, she saw it: the recognition of her last name. Fraeder. Mel knew it had been a bad idea as soon as she said her last name, but she had been desperately hoping this girl wouldn’t recognize it. Mel shot the girl a small smile as she introduced herself, hoping that maybe, just maybe, Taryn had been thinking of something else, but then the older girl began to speak.

Those two words were enough to wipe the tiny grin clear off of Mel’s face and replace it with an emotionless mask she had become quite accustomed to wearing lately. “Am I what? Am I related to Donta Fraeder?” The words came out much more forcefully than Mel had expected, and she immediately regretted them. It wasn’t the older girl’s fault that Donta had died and everyone in the world - or at least, everyone in Panem – knew about it. Melody looked down at the ground, trying to compose herself. After a few moments she took a deep breath and looked back up at Taryn.

“Yeah. I am. He’s my brother.” Mel’s voice broke slightly as a new thought occurred to her - Donta was her brother. Not anymore. But Mel didn’t correct herself, because she could not bear to refer to Donta in the past tense yet. Even the thought of it caused a bit of moisture to form in the corners of her eyes, which she quickly blinked back. “Have you ever…” Mel trailed off. “Uh, nevermind.” She wondered if Taryn had ever lost someone in the Games, but if she had Mel didn’t want to make her remember the way people always made her remember by mentioning Donta. As if Mel didn’t think about it enough.

((I'm so sorry for my slowness, Taryn!))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 am

((Hey, do you still want to finish the thread now that you're on the train? I'm cool either way,ifyou want to keep going or you're a bit busy and you just want to get on with Mel's life Razz))

Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm

((I think it would be fun to finish it, but if you're too busy that's totally fine ^^))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Taryn couldn’t help but notice that the younger girl almost looked a little scared under her. She replied again, saying she was fine. Taryn looked at the girl again, her frightened but determined eyes and breathed a few times. She was relaxing herself, trying to let the anger disperse.
“Well… er…good.” Was all she managed to say, she couldn’t really think of anything else.

There was a stretch of silence between them. They both noticed it. Taryn was using that time to scrutinize the girl more. Her anger was giving way to curiosity and she was trying to not make it awkward for the girl – though she seemed to be used to it.

Once she did it, Mel admitted to her brother, completely recognition and shock waved over Taryn. She had only seen the faces of few tributes and only for a second while she was in district four. But she had to play it off as nothing. If she lived in District 11, she would have been at the reaping, she would have been crouched with her friends, watching him, praying that he and the other girl would last. Taryn let her face fall. Mel was actually a lot like her. Her age…. That was around the time when her older brother was killed in the games. Soon after that her dad disappeared, and she ran away looking for him. Taryn was 14 when her brother died and fifteen when she ran away. That had seemed like such a long time ago. She felt like she was so young. Though she knew that this girl before her would want to do the same if she ever found out about the railway. She seemed around that age. But it’s not like the situations were the same were they… she probably had other siblings, other family members that still cared for her. Surely this girl couldn’t fake her own death as everyone else had to, lest the Peacekeepers torture the information out of their friends and families mouths.

“I’m so sorry…” Taryn trailed off, angry at herself for being angry! That happened frequently. “Look, you don’t deserve my bitchiness. I’m sorry.”

Mel said one more thing and Taryn once again sighed. “It’s okay. And yes I have. Two games ago. My older brother.” She bit her lip. Why did she say that? If you ever get questioned by someone in a district, number one rule is make a fake identity and keep it. She had got herself stuck. The girl knew who the tribute was from two years ago in her District. Taryn couldn’t remember as easily. “So I know what it’s like. You don’t have to push me away. Despite my… awfulness.” Taryn sighed. There was no going back. It was pretty much sold that the girl would find out that she wasn’t from the District. She could pose as a wanderer… but somehow, Taryn figured she would tell her the truth.

Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am

Mel couldn’t help cringing slightly at the look of recognition that passed across Taryn’s face once she learned of Mel’s relation to Donta. What the thirteen year old wouldn’t give to be able to walk around without the constant looks of pity. She managed a small shrug in response to Taryn’s first apology, but after the second she felt a little more forgiving, since it seemed to lack the usual surprise and awkwardness people always seemed to convey when they apologized to her. Mel took a deep breath and mustered a tiny smile at the older girl. “It’s okay, really.”

As Taryn answered Mel’s unspoken question, the younger girl was filled with shock. This was the second time she’d met someone else who had lost a sibling. It began to occur to her that maybe, just maybe, other people could understand what she was going through. And she began to consider the slight possibility that it was just maybe a tiny bit silly of her think she was the only person who had lost a sibling in the Games. Maybe. It was something to consider, anyways. “Oh, I’m really sorry.”

It was because of these thoughts that, for the first time, Mel didn’t simply recoil when Taryn tried to reach out to her. Instead, she considered what the older girl was saying. Maybe there was some value in talking to someone outside of her family about what she was feeling. It seemed Taryn really did understand what it was like to lose a sibling to the games, and maybe-

Wait, had Taryn just said that her brother died two games ago?

But…no, that couldn’t be possible. Mel had known the boy tribute two years ago, and she was positive that Taryn was not his sister. The thirteen year old furrowed her brows at the older girl. A small part of her wondered if Taryn was just lying to try to make Mel feel better, but the stronger, kinder part of her won out and she decided that Taryn was telling the truth. Which actually brought up more questions that it answered. Had Taryn simply forgotten the year her brother had died? Mel didn’t think that was possible-she would never every forget that Donta had been killed in the 15th Hunger Games. But the thirteen year old figured she had better make absolutely sure she didn’t know Taryn’s brother before she jumped to any crazy conclusions, so she asked, (perhaps insensitively, but it was the only way she could think of to get an answer) “What was your brother’s name?”

((Sorry for the slowness and slightly-suckiness :/))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 am

The girl ensured her that it was fine. Taking a few deep breaths, she muttered a “thanks” and allowed her anger to subside. The two girls were similar and there was absolutely no cause in her getting angry and losing her head. She knew that the residue of her anger issues would soon diminish which was good. If she actually let herself open up, something could come of this meeting. If she was at all feeling the same way, they could gain a valuable asset to the railway. She seemed decently sharp which was promising.

Mel soon found out about Taryn’s brother. A moment of silence passed and Taryn knew that she understood. She went through the same thing and she would really help out if she could. She apologized. “Thanks, really. But I’ve learned to not reflect on it as much anymore. It takes a while, but probably from the point you’re on now, it can’t get any worse, only better.” She shrugged, it was truthful. But at least she had had two and a half years to get over it, Mel was still in her first couple months.

Something seemed to click in the other girl's mind, and Taryn grew slightly afraid. Why did she just have to say something wrong and mess up? Now her cover would be blown, the people on the railway would figure out that someone else knew - maybe even wanted to join. Taryn tried to reassure herself that she was overreacting and that even if it were true, Mel would make a good asset. Then of course, she had to ask the name. She had obviously blown her cover. She thought if it was at all possible to skirt around the question. She tried to remember the name of the tribute from District Eleven, but she could not.

Finally, she knew that the best way to say it would be the truth. "His name was Jasey."

((so, so sorry about the late/shortness. I've been so incredibly busy DX))

Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Mel was a bit skeptical about Taryn’s claim that she would get over Donta’s death, but she didn’t feel like dwelling on it any more for the moment, so she simply shrugged in response. Had she hit rock bottom? It was possible-Mel certainly couldn’t imagine things getting any worse for her, but at the same time she couldn’t picture them getting any better. If you asked the blonde, her life was basically over, and now she just had to keep working in the Orchards until she and the rest of her family were killed off one by one. Fortunately, the thirteen year old was pulled from her depressing and overdramatic train of thought by Taryn’s response to her question.

Her brother was…Jasey? “Jasey? But there wasn’t-he’s not…that’s not possible.” Mel whispered the last words and stared at the older girl in shock as she realized the significance of what Taryn had just told her. Mel was positive that Jasey was a name she’d never heard before, so there certainly had never been a District 11 tribute with that name. She was also sure that Taryn wasn’t lying. Mel knew how it felt to constantly have to explain to people about Donta, so she could tell Taryn was being honest with her. The older girl had a brother named Jasey, and he had died in the Hunger Games. He just wasn’t from District 11.

As difficult as it was to believe, that was the only possible explanation Mel could think of. And it also explained why she hadn’t recognized Taryn, and why it had taken the older girl so long to realize Mel was related to Donta. Still, the fourteen year old had no idea what to do with this new piece of information. Should she tell a peacekeeper? Mel didn’t like the idea of turning to older girl in, especially after she’d opened up to her, but what if this was some sort of test, and if she didn’t turn Taryn in she’d get in even more trouble? Or what if a peacekeeper showed up right now and saw Mel talking to the unfamiliar girl? The Fraeder family really didn’t need any more trouble at the moment, but Mel decided she wouldn’t do anything about this girl for now, at least not without hearing what she had to say. In fact, she hadn’t even confirmed that the girl was from another district.

That was about to change. “So…are you saying that…you’re not from here?” Mel cast a glance around her to make sure she and Taryn were still alone before she continued, “But…how did you get here? Why are you here? Who are you?” So maybe that wasn’t the most articulate way of asking Taryn for more information, but it was the best Mel’s shocked brain could manage at the moment, so it would have to do.

((I'm really sorry for my slowness as well! I guess we've both been busy >.>))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:55 pm

It was only then that Taryn realized she might have misread the girl. She had only been talking to her for a short time, after all. Though, she was failing at reading the girl’s expressions so she had no real way of knowing.

At what Mel said next, Taryn bit her lip – harder – and harder still. She had said too much, it was all downhill from now. If anything went wrong from here, anything she might not be allowed on the train again. She had always been reminded how persuasive she had to make her words. She had to be dogmatic in a way, turn everyone against the Capitol. Doing that obviously wouldn’t be too hard for Mel, but she wasn’t ready? If she blew their cover one more time… would she be stuck as a wanderer? She couldn’t possibly go home could she?

“I… I – “ Of course it is! Taryn wanted to say and put force into her words in hopes the younger girl wouldn’t challenge her. Though, she took a deep breath. She had decided ot tell the girl the truth and that she would. At least… a version of the truth. “ – Yeah… He’s not. I’m not from your District.” Taryn winced, expecting the on-rush of questions. This girl seemed smart, surely she would see through every opening and find a way into the life now on the train, slowly gaining allies hoping for a better world to come. A world free of the tyranny of the Capitol and Snow.

“Well, I wasn’t lying in the first place. My name really is Taryn. Though, I suppose it’s no use hiding my last name as you already know I don’t live here. I’m Taryn Forrest, originally from District 3.” Taryn thought of what else to say. She couldn’t outright say she was from a rebel railway, the girl would have to use her intelligence to figure that out on her own – at least the part of being affiliated with the rebels. Other options floated through her head. She could have been moved here recently on account of her family acting out. Or, she could be a wanderer and have stumbled upon the District, looking for maybe ammunition… The latter seemed more believable but she still wasn’t sure if it would do the trick. There’s always 13… but no! That can’t possibly be true!. Taryn shooed away the thought and left it at that. Though, Mel was bound to ask more. It was part of the curiosity following being human.

Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 am

Whoa. Mel blinked and took a small step back from Taryn as she spoke, the shock expressed very clearly on her face. Had the older girl really just said what Mel thought she said? She wasn’t from District 11? Sure, it was the only explanation that made sense, but that didn’t make the information any easier for Mel to wrap her head around.

Fortunately, Taryn continued to answer her previous questions, so Mel didn’t have to come up with a coherent reply just yet. Honestly, all the thirteen year old could manage to do at the moment was close her mouth, which she’d just realized had been hanging open for who knows how long.

It took all of the blonde’s self-control to keep from interrupting Taryn as she spoke, but she managed to hold of her wave of questions until after the older girl had finished talking. It didn’t escape Mel’s notice that Taryn had avoided the questions she was most interested in getting the answer to – how and why the older girl was in District 11. Maybe the blonde should have taken this as a warning not to bother asking, but there was no stopping the questions from leaving Mel’s lips the moment Taryn had finished speaking.

“How did you get here? Why are you here? Are you-” Mel stopped abruptly. She had almost asked Taryn if she was part of the rebel organization, but the thirteen year old decided that wouldn’t be a good idea. She’d heard whispers here and there about the existence of rebels fighting the Capitol, but Mel had never paid them any attention – until now. Ever since Donta’s death, Mel had been lost, and that was partly because she had no way of fighting the people who had caused it – to even speak out against the Capitol could earn her a lashing, or worse. But if Taryn was linked to the rebels, maybe Mel could find a way to help them! Not that they would likely want help from a scrawny, malnourished thirteen year old girl. But still, even the knowledge that a group of rebels existed would give Mel her first shred of hope since her brother’s death.

Only then did Mel realize that it was highly unlikely she would get an honest answer from Taryn. Honestly, if Mel had been a rebel sneaking through another district, she certainly wouldn’t go around telling people about it. Certainly not someone she had just met. But maybe, just maybe, Mel could convince Taryn she was trustworthy? It was worth a try, and since the older girl already knew Mel had lost someone to the Games, she decided to add, “You can trust me. My lips are sealed, I swear.” Mel couldn’t hide the hope in her voice as she waited for an answer from Taryn, an answer that could quite possibly change her entire life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere out there ~ Taryn   Somewhere out there ~ Taryn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somewhere out there ~ Taryn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 11-
Jump to: