The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out In The Open (Open to all :D)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

Out In The Open (Open to all :D) Empty
PostSubject: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Duncan stuck his thumbs into the bottom of the inside of his backpack straps, walking into the town square casually. His stide was steady, his backpack heavy from his ukulele. The sun had just come up, only a few people awake and about. He smiled to himself and went to an open shop.

He set himself up onto the counter, smiling at the sales woman. "Hey there, Christine. Why open so early?" Christine tied her brown hair up into a long, curly pony tail and propped her elbow on the counter. "It's Sunday, who doesn't want breakfast?" she punched his arm. "Why don't you play a tune for us on the midget guitar and get the morning started? I'll get you some toast." Christine turned away to the back of the shop while Duncan got out his ukulele. "It's a UKULELE," he called to her and started to tune it. People started to walk in step to his rhythm as he played which usually made his morning. He could tell it was going to be a good day already.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Marceline walked through the streets, quiet, brain turning. She loved the early morning, how peaceful it was. If you were going to find someone to trust, find them in the morning. The slight drizzle, the pale sun through the misty cloud cover-it was so very perfect.

Marceline's stomach growled. She searched through her pocket, trying to see if she had any money from the odd jobs she did. However, halfway to her pocket, she froze.

Music played out of one of the shops. It sounded so familiar, the tune. Marceline started to hum along and a small smile appeared on her face. She looked up and walked towards the source of the noise, her pace falling in rhythm with the music.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Duncan played more happily, swaying his feet too. Christine came back and laid out his toast and milk in front of him. "How about you sing, little lotte?" she grinned at him and went to a costumer. He nodded his head in her direction and watched as little kids piled in his direction.

"I etched the face of a stop watch
On the back of a raindrop,
and swapped the sand in an hour glass.
I heard a nun happy ending
It sorta sounds like you're leaving
I heard the piledriver waltz
it woke me up this morning."

He smiled as he sang, watching them clap along. This was the kind of morning he loved. He looked up to see a black haired girl around his age standing there, watching and listening. He grinned at her and kept singing.

"You look like you've been to breakfast at the heartbreak hotel,
Sat in the back booth by the pamphlets and the literature on how to lose.
Your waitress was miserable,"

At the part he paused and winked at Christine who stuck her tounge out,
"And so was your food."
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Marceline grinned back at the boy and kept her blue eyes trained on him. He was the kind of person Evie would've liked, musical and happy. He interacted very well with all the little kids.

The kids clapped along as he sang. Marceline found herself clapping too. The beat was very catchy, and kind of familiar. It had an airy, light sound to it, and it made her unexplicably very happy, and kind of sad, but not a depressing sadness. More of a longing sadness.

The lyrics were very clever. Marceline would never have sang anything like that-she had always looked at music as very deep and emotional, not fun and happy. It was what Evie had always tried to teach her, but now she finally got it, watching the boy and the kids. Music made people happy-it should make people happy.

The children had joined in a circle and were spinning along to the music. For a moment, Marceline was tempted to join them-before she remembered she was fifteen, and a runaway, and most people probably wouldn't want their children to interact with her. Which was, sadly, justifiable.

Marcline picked her way through the crowd and found herself sitting next to the ukelele boy. She fixed her cap and stared absently at the wall, smiling to herself and drumming her fingers on the table in time with the beat.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Duncan looked over at the girl and smiled. She looked nice, now that he had a closer look. He ended the song and looked at all the kids. "Come around back in a few and I'll have a new song and bread to give out." he grinned to them and turned to the girl.

He ran his hand through his hair and picked up his piece of toast, ripping it in half and handing her some. "I see you made it through the kids." he laughed. "Kind of strange actually, but I quite like it."

He started eating his and turned to face her. "I'm Duncan, it's nice to meet you." Christine snorted. "Don't get close to this one. Just like his mother, a little trouble maker." she said sarcastically. Duncan rolled his eyes. "Don't listen to her. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Marceline smiled and took the piece of toast gratefully. "Thanks," she said, taking a huge bite, the grumbling in her stomach slightly subdued now.

"I see you made it through the kids." he said. "Kind of strange actually, but I quite like it."

"Yeah, it's kind of strange," Marceline agreed. "Most people don't care much for the kids, and it's nice to see someone who does."

Marceline laughed along with the waitress. "I can see the trouble maker part. Kids only like trouble makers. They're less likely to rat them out."

Duncan...the name was strange. Then again, she had three "friends" in this whole world; dead Evie, creepy Justin, and Sienna. Not the best friends in the world.
"I'll judge for myself if you're a trouble maker..." Marceline smiled, slightly evil, but not in the usual terrifying way. This untroubled conversing thing-she could get used to this. "My name's Marceline. Nice to meet ya, Duncan," she turned to the waitress and asked, "Could I please get some eggs?". Marceline put some money up on the counter. She was starved-as much as people may try to convince you otherwise, squirrel is not the most filling animal. And she didn't know the plants, or not well enough to not poison herself. That was Evie's job. Find plants that won't kill us. Evie used to try them on dying animals-ones that were necessary for food, because Evie loved animals and would never kill one unnecessarily. She remembered how disastrous it had been, attempting to teach Evie how to shoot the bow and arrow, or even throw the knife resting in it's sheath on Marceline's waist.

Then she realized her eyes were dry. It was the first time in ages that she could think about her little sister and feel...at peace. This boy was already a good person to trust, and after Evie's death, Marceline trusted next to no one.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Duncan pursed his lips. "Yeah, most people find children annoying, but I guess I don't because I am as immature as one itself," he grinned at her, "It's better then facing everyday problems."

Marceline. Such a cute name. he thought about it and listened as she ordered eggs. He scooped up the money she put on the counter. "Christine, this is mine for bringing you costumers this morning," he smirked at her. Christine groaned and turned to go cook.

"It's nice to meet you, Marceline," he smiled at her. Duncan didn't talk to most people his age so he didn't really know what to say. "It's unusual for people our age to be about in the morning, but it does happen." He just had to say the first thing on his mind but it made him feel like a complete and utter idiot. He felt like smacking his forehead.
"So, what brings you so early?"
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Marceline knew exactly what Duncan met. Especially out here, where all everyone did was work, children were considered distractions, for the most part. “Even an adult still can see the world through the eyes of the child, if they choose to open their minds,” Marceline said thoughtfully. “And being immature? Way more fun than facing life with a serious face.” Marceline mimed vomiting, sticking her tongue out. This was the Marceline Evie left behind. Still sad and lonely, but she had a sense of humor. The one thing that had been left behind was her eyes. Empty, cold eyes that held no hope, and never had. Not since her parents died…

Marceline laughed as Duncan took the money off the counter, teasing the waitress. It was obvious that he spent a lot of time here, or it seemed so. Marceline hadn’t been here in her life, or as long as she could remember. And she could remember a lot. In fact, some days she wished that she had a brain eraser, and could just start over. “Hi, I’m Marceline, a completely normal kid.”

Marceline smiled back at Duncan, although the smile hadn’t really left her face since she got here. This was the most she had smiled in three years. Honestly, she was starting to forget how to smile. She could tell that they were both awkward around people their own age. She laughed a little under her breath, noticing how unsure he was of what to say. In that way, they were similar. Marceline’s only friends-well, friend-was a year younger and dead. She didn’t like to talk to people. But so far, it was fun talking to Duncan.

He’s cute when he’s embarrassed, Marceline thought, then quickly shook the thought away. That was just creepy. She’d know him for not even half an hour. Creepy. He was asking her something…

I’m here so early because I’m a runaway and if anyone recognized me, which thank any God that there may be you don’t, I’d be thrown into the slammer, Marceline thought. Instead, she just shrugged and said, “I like the morning. It’s quiet, and peaceful.” Marceline looked out at the raindrops racing down the window. The rain had picked up a bit.

The waitress brought Marceline’s eggs out and Marceline grabbed a fork, starved. Sometimes it was nice to have food that she hadn’t speared and roasted over a fire, then eaten while running from a nonexistent threat. She took a bite, and asked, with her mouth full, “What are you doing up so early, Duncan? I mean, other than amusing the kids.”

Marceline realized she had been talking with her mouth full and swallowed hard, her face flushing. When you hunt your own food, table manners become a thing of the past. At least she hadn’t spit food on him-she did that to Evie once. Needless to say, she wasn’t happy with Marceline.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Duncan stared at her sad eyes.. "I think you're quite funny, really," he chuckled, "Most people aren't very honest, nor humorous these days." Duncan always felt ashamed when he made fun of things. People stared at him all the time as if they had never heard of the word sarcasm. She was fun to talk to, and it seemed as if she got what he was saying.

He tilted his head as she shook her head a bit. She's kinda adorable. he laughed to himself and looked at her more closely. Her dark hair swept over her shoulder shined a bit in the sunlight, compared to his it looked darker then the night. "You've got cool eyes." he smiled at her. "Better then mine, freakin' different colored ones..."

Duncan thought about her question for a moment and looked back at Christine. "Eh, Christine's like my mom. I live with my aunt, she's a bit nuts. So I get out as quick as possible so I don't have to deal with her," he sighed. "I don't have siblings, so I like to make music and play it here." he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:21 pm

“I’m not funny. Reality just asks to be mocked,” Marceline shrugged. “People don’t find our world funny, because it sucks. You have to know what to make fun of. It’s a talent.” Marceline remembered Evie always mocking her talent for trouble-which she, unfortunately, did possess.

Marceline could feel Duncan watching her. She could always feel people watching her when she was here. A girl that appeared out of nowhere. Some people thought she was a ghost-and it was believable. Very believable, although of all the dead things you could be, she’d call herself a zombie. Because zombies were awesome. “What’s not cool about different colored eyes?” Marceline laughed. “My eyes-the same boring color on both sides.”

For a moment, her sad eyes held a sparkle of happiness, absent for so many years. But it was gone in a flash, there for just a moment, only able to be seen if you looked for it.

“At least you have family…” Marceline muttered kind of darkly, then she clamped her mouth shut. No, no, no. She did not just say that. Keeping her fingers crossed that Duncan hadn’t heard her, Marceline said, “I have a little sister. She’s…not here…” On Earth. Or alive, Marceline finished the thought in her head. “I can’t play instruments, and you couldn’t pay me enough to sing in front of people.”
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 pm

((Oh my, I'm so sorry I haven't been on in awhile Sad Too much homework and stuff!))

"Don't even get me started about reality," he leaned back and pressed his palms behind him on the counter, "I would rather be in Wonderland then here, trust me on that." He never liked to think about the future, past, or present. Just liked to dream about a world that would never exist.

Duncan scoffed. "What's so weird about them? Everything. You can never get comfortable or used to people staring you with the widest eyes, the strangest eyes, the most sorrow eyes, and the rudest eyes. Eyes can tell a lot about people. Like if you look close enough at yours I can tell you're trying to forget something." he gave her a light smile and then skitted his eyes away to look at his shoes.

"I wish I had my whole family. My aunt is kind of abusive really, but I wish my parents were back." He looked at her look away when she mentioned her sister. Bingo, trying to forget. He frowned a bit and felt sorry, but tried to not bring it up.
"Music really is happiness you know..."
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm

((It's perfectly okay, I understand Smile))

"Reality is just fantasy for boring people," Marceline said, pulling her knees up to her chest. "I would rather be anywhere but here, honestly," Marceline gazed absently out the window, thinking about all the memories, all the ghosts that relentlessly haunted her here. But they would follow her, no matter where she escaped to.

"I'm not staring at you," Marceline looked Duncan in the eye without flinching or moving a muscle. "They're cool!" Marceline listened to what Duncan had to say, and was astonished by his ability to read her eyes. "Well...y-you're right, then," she stuttered. She was used to people knowing her story just from hearing it, not from reading her emotions. "Well, you know what they say, eyes are the windows to the soul." Marceline's eyes wandered the room, looking anywhere but Duncan, at people.

"I wish I had family in general. The world is kind of abusive to me," at that moment, Marceline decided to stop censoring out the parts about her family and sad background. If he could read her, there was no point. Besides, Duncan would figure it out...eventually. This is awkward, Marceline thought, letting out a breath through her mouth.

"Music is definately happiness," Marceline felt a lazy smile cross her face. "I like to sing to the mockingjays sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Iberis Calnan
District 10
Iberis Calnan

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:09 pm

"Come on!" urged Iberis's 2 younger twin siblings, pulling her hand towards a shop. Iberis used her free hand to rub her eyes. She'd been up till 2 am trying to finish her project for school and only got 3 hours of sleep since she had to wake up early to turn the horses lose, warm the shower, make the coffee, call the dogs in, fill the water troughs with clean water, and so many other things, not even counting getting the kids ready for school.

She could've always not done all of these things, but then everyone would be in a rush, trying to get everything together, and everyone would be confused, late, and would put all the blame on poor 14 year old Iberis. "What's the rush," Iberis told the two caramel haired twins, Wade, a sweet 8 year old girl with thick long hair, and Whytte, a quick young boy with tousled hair, "School doesn't start for you in another 2 hours." "Duncan always plays for us at the shop!" yells Wade, "Yeah,you should hear him! He's incredible!" says Whytte.

They tug her even harder now, making her have to pick up her pace to a slow run. Iberis's red curls are flung out of her field of vision as they make her sprint, clutching her hands so tightly that the blood stops circulating in her fingers. Just as she's about to yank her hand away they reach the doorstep of the shop and the twins push open the door. Iberis finally yanks her arm away from them as they join a circle of kids dancing. Iberis leans against the door way and watches the show.

A boy was play -- a-- was that a ukulele? She guessed that was Duncan, he looked older than she was, maybe about 16 or 17. There was a girl sitting next to him. Iberis swore she'd seen her before, she was the same age as Duncan, She had gorgeous black hair ending about 4 inches past her shoulders and she had sad eyes Iberis stared at her for a while then realized where she'd seen her.

One morning on the weekend when she was roping together a stray bull, when she saw her running across an abandoned field across from her house. Iberis didn't think much of it at the time, but now it made her the slightest suspicious, but she didn't care much about that. Iberis slips into a shadowed corner so that she's not noticed.

Eventually, Duncan stops playing and sends the kids off, including Wade and Whytte. While Duncan talks to the girl, Iberis eavesdrops. She knew it was wrong but she was interesting on what would happen in this conversation. The girl introduces herself as Marceline. Cute name thought Iberis. As they continue, the conversation gets more interesting.

There were many interesting parts but one of the most interesting was when Marceline mumbles, "At least you have a family" Iberis could barely hear it but she heard it. After a long conversation, Iberis started to think it was time to made her self known. So, just as Marceline said, "I like to sing to the mockingjays sometimes," Iberis interrupted by saying with a clever smile on her face, "Well I don't see how you can sing to mockingjays unless you're in the wild." Iberis walks over to where they're sitting, plops down near them and crosses her legs and asks the waitress, "I'd like an iced lemon water please." "Sorry hun, but we're out of lemons." "Don't sweat it, here" Iberis grabs a lemon out of her pocket and tosses it to the waitress.

"Where'd you get that," asks the waitress, "No one's gotten lemons from district 11 for over a month." "Oh, .... places" says Iberis, avoiding everyone's gaze.
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:46 pm

"Reality is a fatal wound," he laughed at Marcline, "It all gets better at some point. I would say the same as you, but honestly, this is my home. I wouldn't get to play the music I do now, and these two kids with curly hair always come and bring me small treats. I found it pleasing." Duncan laughed now thinking about it. Leaving district 10 would be scary, but what would be the prize if the price to go was so high?

Duncan reached up to touch his strange eyes. "They're... cool? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say anything positive about them. There were some capital people who wanted to use me as some kind of experiment because of them, because I look 'malformed' or whatever that means," he sighed and put his hands between his legs, "I got that quite a few times actually."
"Eyes really are my specialty. The reason people don't know how other people feel is because they don't know how they work. I've picked up a few things in my years of studying. Did you know your pupils get wider when you see someone you love? As in a person you find as more then a friend," he laughed, "Girls just love to swoon." He wanted to get off the topic of depression as soon as possible.

"Well, if we had families, would we be sitting here talking at this very moment?" Duncan gave her a sweet smile. She seemed worth sticking around. Even if she seemed completely sad, Marceline would be able to perk up when she wanted to.

"Well I don't see how you can sing to the mockingjays unless you're in the wild," a girl said, popping out of nowhere. She looked like the two children with the curly hair that came out to see him every morning. He smiled at her, not really knowing what to say. As they talked about the lemons, he answered her question. "Oh, y'know, we find them in... Oh, places." Duncan laughed, thinking it was hysterical. "So, who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Iberis Calnan
District 10
Iberis Calnan

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:26 am

Iberis smiled. "I'm Iberis Canlan, we own that small ranch back there," she says, jabbing her thumb behind her. "So your Duncan, eh?" Iberis says leaning back into her chair, putting her hands behind her head. "You're quite popular in my house with my all my siblings, you know?" Iberis turns her head towards him and folds her arms, "But frankly, your fame isn't helping me at the moment. I had to wake up extra early for my younger siblings," she says with her hand making exaggerating movements, " To take them to see you." she says jabbing a finger at him. "I wake up an hour before i need to," she sighs, and gazes out the window where her ranch was, "Frankly, I don't know how I survive this, ever since my big brother, Spense, ran off with a girl, named Saffra, from the richer part of our district and left me and my Pa to take care of the ranch." She turns back to Duncan and Marceline, "You may not be able to relate to this, but since I've got four young mouths to feed, it's hard enough to get food on the table without the Capitol saying we cant use the beef we make and use some of it for our children is horrible."
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 am

"That's the best way I've heard it put in a long while," Marceline nodded. "I...guess I don't really have a home,"she shrugged, then let it drop. Somehow, she didn't think she'd mind telling Duncan about her, erm, twisted past, but she didn't want to scare him off just yet.

Marceline rolled her eyes. "That's hard to believe. And, knowing the Capitol people, they probably thought you were some type of muttation. One of them. But you're not, as you've spared the time to talk to me," she half-smirked.
Marceline's eyes widened. "That's cool. I'm not all that great at reading emotions. M specialty would be...knowing when I'm being watched. I can usually sense when there's people nearby." But that's only because I live alone, and so any changes, I'm sensitive to, she finished mentally. Then she laughed. "I didn't know that. I'll have to start watching for some of these things."

Marceline bobbed her head thoughtfully, smiling back. "Good point. My family's dead, too." She shrugged. "It sucks." Marceline left out every part of how bad she screamed, how much it sucked, how often she cried for the people just beyond her reach. Try to avoid scaring off someone that could prove to be a valuable friend.

Marceline looked back up. "How do you know I'm not in the wild a lot," she countered, smirking. "I'm Marceline...Winters." Deciding she had nothing left to lose, she just threw her last name on the end as an afterthought. "Oh, you're actually supposed to listen to the Capitol?" she questioned, jokingly, a tone of bitter hatred underlying. She lookd around, making sure no one but this Iberis and Duncan could here her. "This rule is coming from the people who thought they could stop rebellion by making our children kill each other. I wouldn't listen to what they say," then she smiled again, suddenly, brightly. "I spent a good portion of my life feeding one mouth single handed. That was hard enough for me. She...she's dead, now." Marceline cast her eyes downward, stuttering quickly over the words. There was no use in hiding it, forever. She couldn't. The best she could do was keep it low key, until the day came when they questioned her.
Back to top Go down
Iberis Calnan
District 10
Iberis Calnan

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 am

"How do you know I'm not in the wild a lot," Marceline counters. Iberis just shrugs,"I'm not supposed to get into people's personal lives, that'd be like a stalker or something."
"Well I'm not sure about you," says Iberis, pointing a finger at Marceline,"Since you don't seem to run a ranch, but if we don't give the Capitol the minimum amount of meat they want, then something bad is going to happen to my family. Like my father getting thrown into jail, or taking the kids away. Trust me, I've seen it happen." Iberis just stares at her lap, thinking about poor Delphi, her most best friend in the world, getting dragged off into District 4, and her family all relocated and separated, because they couldn't stop all their cattle dying of a terrible disease called blackheart, when a bacteria would turn the cow's heart black and make it unable to pump blood. Luckily, since Iberis's mother lived in the capitol due to her job, sent a cure for it from the capitol to spare their cattle, but just before they were going to allow Delphi's family use it, all their cattle died.
"That's-That's terrible news, I'm so sorry," said Iberis to Marceline. That's horrible....

Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm

(I typed out my whole thing and it just deleted itself. So I'm gonna be lazy and just mesh things together, gahh.)

"Y'know, you're pretty cool Marecline," he gave her a smile, "I think we should do this morning thing again sometime. If you don't have some place to crash, I can come around and help you look. Besides, I'm planning on heading out of my aunts."

Duncan looked up at Iberis. "You already know my name? Don't I feel popular." Duncan listened for another minute and looked down at his feet, embarrassed. "I should I stop playing music in the morning then? I thought it was bothering some people." he gave her a shaky laugh. The thing that made him terribly sad was upsetting people. Just something he couldn't handle too well. "This is how I make my money really, Christine gives me some for bringing in customers. I feed myself."
"Duncan Fretra, if you wanted to know his last name." Christine laughed and gave him a cold glass of water.
Back to top Go down
Iberis Calnan
District 10
Iberis Calnan

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm

"Yep, all conversations in our house has your name in each sentence."
"No don't stop playing, I think it's a wonderful thing to do!" said Iberis easing out of her relaxing poistion, "If anything, I'm bothered with my siblings for making me do the extra work for them in order to see you," Continued Iberis, as she gulped down her iced water that just arrived,"You don't only not need to stop, I don't want you to stop, music is freedom that the Capitol never could take away from us, " Iberis's mind drifted off into memory of her mom singing her a lullaby,

Tears stream down your face
Your heart is broken now
I Hold you just in case
I break my vow
to

Love you
And Care for you
And hold you like right now
and..
To sing for you
And comfort you
And cry for you like now

Fire burns outside our window
You scream, run, and hide
I hold you and I never let you go
So I can keep on

Loving you
And Caring for you
And hold you like right now
and..
singing for you
And comforting you
And crying for you like now...

Iberis felt tears coming to her eyes and pushed them back
I can't think about the past now thought Iberis
Back to top Go down
Duncan Fretra
District 10
Duncan Fretra

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Duncan rubbed the back of his head and laughed. "That's not weird at all. Am I that interesting?" He took a sip of his water and looked up at her. "Thanks." he gave her a sweet smile, the one he only gave to a few people. "I've only seen you a few times. You should come and listen more often. Maybe we could have another nice conversation."
He looked down at his ukulele. "Yeah, so many things that the capital has tried to take from me. Even my eyes." He touched below his eye and gave a nervous laugh. "That was a pretty terrible evening."

Someone tugged at his pants leg. A few children were starting to crowd around the small shack, sitting down at his feet. He gave them all a grin and grabbed his ukulele. "If you don't mind ladies, I think I'll do one song." The children gave a big shout of glee and laughed.
"I think you'll like this one you guys. My mother and father used to play this for me."
He gave the ukulele a nice strum and started to play.

"
When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
And I...

And ignite your bones

He strummed the last note and looked up at the kids. One smiled at him, stood up, and laid a piece of bread beside him. He kissed her forehead and let her run off to her parents. The others just gave him a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Iberis Calnan
District 10
Iberis Calnan

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Iberis laughed, "Well I might not have a choice,at this rate, my siblings may make us move to the shop,"
Iberis crossed her legs and listened intently. The song was beautiful but to her ears it was sad. She felt younger, when suddenly she was back in her memories, with her mother brushing her hair and tying it in a ribbon, Her mother having to leave on a train to the Capitol to get a job, then her friend Delphi, the closest human being to her in the world, being pushed into a train, with Iberis fighting with all her might to get to Delphi, but to no avail. Iberis was screaming her head off, kicking everything in sight, and the yells of Delphi, her upper body through window yelling to her, screaming at the peacekeepers to leave Iberis alone as they drag her away and eventually knock Iberis out. It's suddenly the present and Duncan just finished his song, and Iberis felt a tear threatening to fall down her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out In The Open (Open to all :D)   Out In The Open (Open to all :D) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out In The Open (Open to all :D)
Page 1 of 1