The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) Empty
PostSubject: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Taryn stumbled off the train. The fuel had gone in and smoke was engulfing the whole train. Everyone scrambled out catching fresh air. They immediatly went strait to work taking all the extra fuel out. "What can I do to help?" Taryn asked around. Immediatly Stan, one of Taryn's only friends right now pulled her out of the train. "You can't be here it's too dangerous."
"What? Just becuase I'm a girl?"
Stan sighed, he hated arguing with her. "Just go get a drink of water first. There was a lot of smoke in there."

Grinding her teeth together, Taryn agreed. She ran off quietly. She knew this time she had to be exceptionally quiet. She could not afford another encounter like the lasty time. It did end up paying off. She did find Cheylan. He had disappeared a while ago, but still no sign of her father. She looked around every corner, looking for water, but more importantly a place to hide that would have appealed to her father. A peacekeper was monitoring something in the square, and Taryn jumped out of his line of vision. However, just as she did so, someone was rounding the corner. "-Oof- Arg, not again. I'm really sorry." Taryn let escape her lips. This girl would have heard her voice, seen her face. There was no hiding now. She would know that Taryn wasn't from her District. "I'm really sorry." Taryn apologized again. She tried to look for a way out of this, but sh eknew she would have some explaining to do.

Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:28 pm

A girl Isabella had never seen before, with white-blond hair and a face covered in dark smudges, bumped into Isabella. "-Oof- Arg, not again. I'm really sorry." The girl looked frightened, and again, she repeated her apology,"I'm really sorry." Isabella raised her eyebrow. "Um, excuse me if i'm wrong, but i've never seen you before." Suddenly, realization struck Isabella. "You- you're one of those rebel people, aren't you?" She said, lowering her voice to a barely-audible whisper."How did you get here? The electric fence-" She cut herself off. "Come on. You'll need a place to hide. Everyone knows everyone around here... They'd spot you in a second, especially with that long, blond hair of yours." She started walking towards her house. It really was her house, her parents had kicked her out as soon as she turned 16.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:45 pm

The girl observed right away that she wasn't from the District. But everyone in there right mind would. Everyone had at least seen each other, most likely knew each other by name. "You- you're one of those rebel people, aren't you?" Without meaning to, Taryn raised an eyebrow. This girl obviously had heard of the rebel act. However, how much knowledge of it, Taryn knew not. Immediately she wanted to get to know the girl more, ask what she knew ...if she had seen her father.

Taryn opened her mouth to speak, but the girl interjected. "Come on. You'll need a place to hide. Everyone knows everyone around here... They'd spot you in a second, especially with that long, blond hair of yours."
Taryn really did not want to stray to far from the entrance, but she knew the girl spoke the truth. "Okay, really, thank you. But I've got to be in and out of here quickly, if the Peacekeepers catch me with you, who knows what they'll do?" Taryn looked everywhere, she could not afford anyone else seeing her. She quickly bounded towards the house where the girl was walking. "And to think, all I needed was water." She muttered to herself.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Isabella walked to her house. It wasn't very spacious, clean, or warm, for that matter, but it was home. "Umm...." She walked towards her fridge. "You hungry? Thirsty? All of the above?" She pulled out a hunk of bread from the pantry, and her only jar of jam. She had saved up for weeks to afford it, but it was needed. A large, cold glass of water completed the meal.

((muse it dead. XXXXXXCCCCCCCCCCC))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm

"You hungry? Thirsty? All of the above?"
"Umm, just thirsty thanks." In truth, she was starving, she hadn't visited her house in a month, she could not face her mom. She had spent the last few days in Chloe's house, but as soon as she discovered Cheylan, she decided to bring him home. On the way however, the train caught fire and they stopped in the nearest place: District 8. Her stomach growled and she realized it had been always a day since she last ate. Taryn accepted the water, but she had to get something off her chest. What she had said earlier resurfaced in her mind, and Taryn began. "I'm sorry but... how have you heard of the rebels? Did they come here? Did they say a whole bunch? I know that we're trying to keep a low profile, so you've got me seriously curious."

Taryn shuffled her feet, she was just buying her time. She knew somehow this girl would find about her District, the railway - everything.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 pm

"Yup, you're hungry." She gave the bread and jam to the mysterious rebel."I'm sorry but... how have you heard of the rebels? Did they come here? Did they say a whole bunch? I know that we're trying to keep a low profile, so you've got me seriously curious." The rebel began. Isabella shook her head. "Oh-no, its nothing like that. I hear whispers here and there. I'm just- well, naturally perceptive. Loneliness makes you that way. She motioned to her table and chair. "Come on, sit down and stay awhile. How did you get here?"
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm

The girl handed her some food. "Thanks." She muttered feebly.
"Oh-no, its nothing like that. I hear whispers here and there. I'm just- well, naturally perceptive. Loneliness makes you that way... Come on, sit down and stay awhile. How did you get here?"
Taryn sucked in air. She knew she wasn't supposed to tell. What if this girl was a spy for the Capitol? But Taryn knew that she couldn't hold this secret, and she did something she had never ever done before: she told the truth. "Ok, look, I'm not really a rebel. Just my father was. Yes, I really hate the Capitol but I think this whole system is a lost cause..." She paused again, debating the facts. "And well, I got here from a secret railroad." She smiled after the comment. "No telling."

"Oh, and I'm Taryn by the way. District 3... This is District 8 right?" She had never been there before, but she recognized it from the few times when the victor was from District 8. There always seemed to be more footage of the District then.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:50 pm

The girl took a breath. She llooked as if she was debating with herself internally. "Ok, look, I'm not really a rebel." Isabella raised her eyebrow, but let her continue. " Just my father was. Yes, I really hate the Capitol but I think this whole system is a lost cause..." The girl paused again. "And well, I got here from a secret railroad." The girl smirked. "No telling." Isabella sucked in a breath. "I'll defend the secret with my life," Isabella swore silently and solemnly.The evidental non-rebel spoke again, " Oh, and I'm Taryn by the way. District 3... This is District 8 right?

" Isabella chuckled. "Yup, District of the manufacturing of Textiles and Peacekeeper uniforms. Umofficially, though, we mass-produce the Capitol's most freakish clothing." She shuddered. "It's so ridiculous it shouldn't be legal. I add all the final touches. Sequined dress? I add the sequins. Sparkly belt? I glue on the sparkles, one by one. Ruffled shoes? I cut pieces of fabric into strips, fold them around a little, and slowly, but carefully, I sew them on." She showed 'Taryn' her thin, rough, worn, but tiny hands. "It's exhausting. But at least I do something different everyday. I pass through some of the most beautiful clothes... And sometimes the ugliest, and most ridiculous." She paused. "Oh, so sorry to rant. How's life in District 3?"
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Just as Taryn had suspected, the girl raised her eyebrow. She seemed a little surprised, but not terribly so. "I'll defend the secret with my life." The girl said.
After she spoke, Taryn smiled catching the small hint of humour in the comment. "I hope you will." Taryn chuckled as a retort.

After Taryn's question, the girl confirmed her suspicions. "It's so ridiculous it shouldn't be legal. I add all the final touches. Sequined dress? I add the sequins. Sparkly belt? I glue on the sparkles, one by one. Ruffled shoes? I cut pieces of fabric into strips, fold them around a little, and slowly, but carefully, I sew them on ...It's exhausting. But at least I do something different everyday. I pass through some of the most beautiful clothes... And sometimes the ugliest, and most ridiculous."

Without further thought, Taryn solemnly nodded her head in agreement. "Of the few members of the Capitol that I meet... They repulse me more and more. I can't believe they just watch us die for their amusement. And their ridiculous cloathing is supposedly attractive." A few choice words came out as acid. What she said didn't even come close to how much she hated the Capitol, but she was still too scared about her encounter with the Career, that she did not wish to say something she knew she would really regret later.

"Oh, so sorry to rant. How's life in District 3?"
"It's okay..." Taryn said knowing she would end up ranting just as much as the other mysterious girl. "Well, it's very different from here. No smoke in the air ...well... except for when someone blows their house up... But they don't call us the brains of the Capitol for nothing! I've only ever been in a few Districts, but 3 is so much more technically advanced then anyone. Whenever the Hunger Games air, the sound is so good and the screens are so large and flat that it feels like your really in the Games." Without realizing it, a small tear formed in her eye. She was again reminded of the time when she tried to run from the scene and they forced her hands from her ears and pried her eyes open so she had no choice but to watch her brother die. Hours from victory. Forcing herself back into reality, Taryn apologized. "I'm really sorry. It's just ...memories are hard to forget especially when they haunt you waking and sleeping."

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:54 am

"Well, it's very different from here. No smoke in the air ...well... except for when someone blows their house up... But they don't call us the brains of the Capitol for nothing! I've only ever been in a few Districts, but 3 is so much more technically advanced then anyone. Whenever the Hunger Games air, the sound is so good and the screens are so large and flat that it feels like your really in the Games." Isabella caught the wistful sadness in Taryn's voice. A small tear, barely visible, went down Taryn's face. Isabella was shocked into silence. The screens at District 8 weren't as good as they could be, but they were pretty horrible to watch, anyway. Isabella still sensed she was holding back.

She seemed to be remembering a painful memory. She looked as if she was forcing herself into reality. Taryn spoke once more, "I'm really sorry. It's just ...memories are hard to forget especially when they haunt you waking and sleeping." Isabella nodded her head, able to emphasize. "I-I had a friend, in the Games..." Isabella started to say, cautious that she herself might burst into tears. "A... Best friend. The only friend i've ever had. She- was the nicest person, really good to talk to, a good shoulder to cry on when my parents abandoned any love they might have had for me." She paused again, taking a deep breath, and covered her face, hoping Taryn wouldn't notice her muffled tears. "She was picked a few years ago-- when they called her, I-I just froze. I couldn't move, coudn't cry out. I was a coward, a darn fool. It cost me my friend's life. And-"Her tears were flowing more frequently now,"-And, she didn't have a painless death, either."

Isabella stopped, her tears flowing too fast to go on. "I- I can't say any more. I tried to avoid watching, but- I knew I had to keep watching, even if she died. It would give me an ending, a little bit of finality. I still see it in my dreams, but they work me too hard to remember. For that, I am both grateful for, and sad about. They're trying to make me forget her... I will never forget." She finished. Isabella looked at Taryn. "Her name was Diana. She was the sweetest little girl, 13 when she was called in. Everyone loved her- or, at least, I thought they did. They didn't help her. No one sponsored her, the scrawny little kid. The last thing she said to me, when they were taking her away... 'Isabella, I know i'm going to die. Don't try to deny it. Just- remember me, promise me that.' And, I did promise her that. She only had to ppromise me to stay alive for as long as she could. It was a miracle she lived as long as she did. Top 10 people, without any sponsors... That was... Her fufilling her promise." She realized how long she was talking. "I'm sorry, i've never talked about this with anyone..."
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:45 pm

"I-I had a friend, in the Games... A... Best friend. The only friend i've ever had. She- was the nicest person, really good to talk to, a good shoulder to cry on when my parents abandoned any love they might have had for me." The girl paused here as if trying to muster the strength to go on. "She was picked a few years ago-- when they called her, I-I just froze. I couldn't move, coudn't cry out. I was a coward, a darn fool. It cost me my friend's life. And... And, she didn't have a painless death, either." The girl trailed off, she was saying more, but Taryn didn't want to hear any more. It hurt the girl just as much as it hurt her. It was so unfair for someone as young and innocent as she to be slaughtered like dogs.

As she first began to speak, Taryn held her breath. She had absolutely no idea. She was making her case look worse with the tv stunt, but she was sure it must have been just as bad for this girl. "My brother was entered in the Games. Two years ago. He was 17, I was only 13... But still, he was one of the best friends I had. He ...he made it to the last four people and well, his death-His death wasn't painless either. After he passed, of the remaining friends I had, I began to stop coming to school. I began to stop inventing. I would just curl up in a corner and drink whenever I could get my hands on a bottle. And then my father was always on the railway. My mum... My mum blamed me for the death for some reason. One day, she was so blinded by hatred, she lost it and threw a knife at me. I ran away... and I've been looking for my father ever since. So, if you need someone to relate... I'm always a district away." Taryn let her voice falter. Now, her only friend was Stan. He was the only person who realized why she could never go home. He was always the one who stood up for her when she disappeared into Districts for weeks and came back later like nothing had ever happened.

Hesitantly, Taryn held out her hand. She patted the girl's shoulder awkwardly. "It's alright, only one person in the world besides you knows my story..." Sinking to the floor, Taryn set her back on a wall. Patting the floor beside her, she said, "come, sit. It was nice to get to know someone who doesn't want to kill me, turn me into an avox or throw me back home. You know... if a Peacekeeper ever caught me, I'd become an avox. I'd have to spend an eternity being the maid of someone from the Capitol! Buy their cloaths, do their make-up." Taryn wrinkcled her nose. That was one thind she did not want happening. "That's why I always keep this with me." Taryn pulled out her knife and twirled it in her fingers. "If a Peacekeeper ever tries to hunt me down.... good luck!" She laughed.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Isabella smiled as the girl tried to comfort her. She told Isabella the story of her brother, and Isabella felt so bad. She had lost her best friend-but the girl had lost her brother. "Well, at least you can get away from it all-I'm stuck here." She muttered to herself.  

The girl  sat down on the floor, and motioned for Isabella to do the same. She sat down next to Taryn, and then the girl spoke. "It was nice to get to know someone who doesn't want to kill me, turn me into an avox or throw me back home. You know... if a Peacekeeper ever caught me, I'd become an avox. I'd have to spend an eternity being the maid of someone from the Capitol! Buy their cloaths, do their make-up." She wrinkled her nose.  "That's why I always keep this with me." Taryn pulled out her knife and twirled it in her fingers. "If a Peacekeeper ever tries to hunt me down.... good luck!" She laughed. Isabella looked at the knife with envy. She looked at the girl, hopeful. "Um, you wouldn't happen to have another of those?" She really needed a defensive weapon, too. Just in case.

((grrr muse died again... so short!))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:08 pm

"Well, at least you can get away from it all-I'm stuck here."
"If ...if you really want to get away, I can help you disappear." Taryn chanced, and she truly meant it. She wanted to help this girl. She had helped her after all. Taryn gulped down the rest of her water. It really did do a good job of quenching her thirst after the fire. She could not help but wonder if the boys were doing a good job of putting it out and fixing whatever damage that it had caused.

The girl sat down next to her. After she pulled out her knife, she tentatively asked if Taryn had another. "Umm, I might at home. Or Stan might have another... I'm not sure, but if you really want one, I suppose we can work something out..." She fingered her knife protectively. It was always on her body, whenever she threw knifes to practice, she never used her own, she could not bear to part with it.

((Mine is REALLY short too DX I hope you have something to reply to!!))

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:09 pm

((you know my name now. i said it, in Diana's last words to Isabella. And, that wasn't THAT short. It's fine! XD))

"If ...if you really want to get away, I can help you disappear." Taryn said hesistantly, and her face looked hopeful. Isabella smiled weakly, her face transforming the once tear-streaked face. "...Really? I-I think... I do want to. I'm not leaving everybody here. Where you'll take me... Are there trees? Grass? Green things?" She was genuinely curious. She hadn't seen many forest-y things in her life.

Isabella had asked if Taryn had a knife. "Umm, I might at home Or Stan might have another... I'm not sure, but if you really want one, I suppose we can work something out..." Taryn fingered the knife protectively. Isabella realized it was probably really important to her. She nodded gratefully, "Thanks. A girl needs to protect herself around here."

She shuddered as she remembered what happened to poor Emily. She wasn't Isabella's friend per say, but she was the girl who was friendly to everyone. Isabella had heard the whispers, seen the proof for herself. The rich old men denied responsibility, though. They were "drunk". The rumors said they paid the Peacekeepers to keep their mouths shut. Emily was never the same again.

Isabella was pretty good at the illegal street-fighting arena, it provided good training of self-defense. She always wore a mask. No one needed to know who she was-if they did, they wouldn't let her in. She was considered a freak by her classmates. The kid no one wanted. Maybe it would be good for her to leave. She had made a decision."Soo... What should I pack?" Sje said, picking up her biggest bag. She didn't know how much space she was going to need.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

((I'm really sorry it took a while, I got claimed on hbh and there was a bunch of plotting and ...yeah. I'm sorry. I'll try to be on more now.))

"...Really? I-I think... I do want to. I'm not leaving everybody here. Where you'll take me... Are there trees? Grass? Green things?"
Taryn smiled. She knew she could help the girl, they could help each other out. "well... where I'm from there aren't very many trees and things as there are in District four... but there are definatly a lot more than there are here. It's not polluted and it's really nice actually. However, I don't particularly want to go home all that much. But for you I suppose I will.

Ok, I'm forced with two options and I will let you choose between them. A. you can come travel on the railway with me. Go to different Districts, get to see the world. Well, as long as you have something to offer... I mean, they'll take you if their sure your not a spy.
B. I guess I can go back to my District. Right now, I can't face my mom. She... well, she blames me for the death of my brother and the disappearance of my father... so she hates my guts."

"Thanks. A girl needs to protect herself around here."
Laughing, Taryn agreed. "You sure got that right."

After she spoke, Isabella went silent for a little bit like the comment had bothered her, there was something else beneath it, something personal. Taryn didn't know if it would be in her right place to ask, but she did anyone. "Is everything okay?" She fell silent hopeing that it would be okay and that question would make her any more uncomfortable than she already was.

"Soo... What should I pack?"
"Ummm, well, your about my size, so next time we stop by my District, you can take some of my clothes. After your on the railway for a little while, you'll learn no one really cares. It doesn't matter what you wear. The majority of people are 20 year-old men, and I have a friend who is 17 on there... I'm usually the only girl and they don't care. I often end up re-wearing everything. Food id provided but it kind of sucks,so you can bring a little bit for a particularly bad dinner.. and then bring to pears of good shoes because they will wear out faster than you'd think. I think that's about it. The basic neccesities of the railway."

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Taryn smiled.  "well... where I'm from there aren't very many trees and things as there are in District four... but there are definatly a lot more than there are here. It's not polluted and it's really nice actually. However, I don't particularly want to go home all that much. But for you I suppose I will.
Ok, I'm forced with two options and I will let you choose between them. A. you can come travel on the railway with me. Go to different Districts, get to see the world. Well, as long as you have something to offer... I mean, they'll take you if their sure your not a spy.  B. I guess I can go back to my District. Right now, I can't face my mom. She... well, she blames me for the death of my brother and the disappearance of my father... so she hates my guts."

Isabella looked at the girl with pity. Her parents may have abandoned her, but they didn't flat-out hate her. And... She still had them. Even if they did refuse to acknowledge that she was related to them in any way. She remarked about the need to protect herself. "You got that right." Isabella was thinking about Emily for a long time, because Taryn noticed. "Are you OK?" She asked. "I-I'm fine. I think... I'll have to go through choice A. I think it would be better. I do want to see some green, there seems to be more of a chance of that when i go to this... Secret railroad thingy... And I dont think you really like option B. So... Could you take me to you're train thingy?"

Taryn had started talking about things to bring.
"Ummm, well, your about my size, so next time we stop by my District, you can take some of my clothes. After your on the railway for a little while, you'll learn no one really cares. It doesn't matter what you wear. The majority of people are 20 year-old men, and I have a friend who is 17 on there... I'm usually the only girl and they don't care. I often end up re-wearing everything. Food id provided but it kind of sucks,so you can bring a little bit for a particularly bad dinner.. and then bring two pairs of good shoes because they will wear out faster than you'd think. I think that's about it. The basic neccesities of the railway." Isabella nodded. It seemed... Fair. She grabbed everything she needed quickly, and stuffed them into her bag. She looked back at her lonely, grimy, old apartment. It was the only thing she called her own. She was gonna miss it. She walked towards Taryn, her chin up, a determined look on her face.

"Let's roll." 
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:07 pm

"I-I'm fine. I think... I'll have to go through choice A. I think it would be better. I do want to see some green, there seems to be more of a chance of that when i go to this... Secret railroad thingy... And I don’t think you really like option B. So... Could you take me to you're train thingy?"

“You sure?” Taryn said concerned, but as the girl went on, Taryn closed her mouth to listen. Taryn smiled when she agreed with A. For some reason she thought it would appeal to the Isabella more but she was also concerned about Taryn. She had mentioned that she didn’t know how well she liked it.
“Yay..” Taryn said halfheartedly as her mind was still elsewhere. “I guess it’s settled then I’ll take you…. But I suppose we should come up with some sort of master plan to win over the rest of the men so that they’ll let you come along…” She trailed off and let the gears of her mind spin. She, like her father, both experienced the same problem, whenever they didn’t need to come up with a scheme, it was easy. Often in the middle of the night, the two would jump out of their beds. They both came up with their best idea’s half asleep. Unlike her father, Taryn would usually jot down her idea then immerse herself in sleep. Although, that plan usually backfired since she was so excited about the new invention/idea that she could no longer sleep. Whereas her father would jump out of his bed then work on it until either he was satisfied (which never happened) or he was done. Looking up lazily, Taryn realized that she had absolutely nothing. Pulling a lame plan out of mid-air, she began. “Uhh, I can say that you were on the streets trying to tell people that they needed to revolt and Peacekeepers were coming to flog you and I couldn’t resist but come in…. Well, I’ll also have to tell them that you ran into the shadows or something so that they don’t think I came out in the middle of everyone. They would be mad, you see, we’re not really allowed to be seen especially since no one knows me.” She looked off to the side and shifted her weight. It was a really bad plan for the likes of Taryn, but it was okay considering she had forced herself to come up with something.

Taryn watched Isabella gather her things and take one last look around her apartment. Taryn knew that if she had something like that she would miss it more than anything else in her District. Sure, she had friends but considering the fact she hadn’t talked to either in about a year, they probably had already forgotten her and found a new person to replace her. Plus they were all guys except one, so they most likely had found a significant other to take their mind off things… they surly wouldn’t even remember her. She said this to herself as if she was trying to convince herself. Thankful that Isabella spoke, she listened to the two words: “let’s roll.”

Peeking outside to make sure no one would see her, Taryn gestured to the girl. “Lead the way; do you know any shortcuts to the fence about 300 feet behind the biggest factory here? Well, that I’ve seen?”

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:37 pm

Isabella smiled. . “I guess it’s settled then I’ll take you…. But I suppose we should come up with some sort of master plan to win over the rest of the men so that they’ll let you come along…” Taryn had said. Isabella tilted her head. Master plan? Taryn continued to talk. “Uhh, I can say that you were on the streets trying to tell people that they needed to revolt and Peacekeepers were coming to flog you and I couldn’t resist but come in…. Well, I’ll also have to tell them that you ran into the shadows or something so that they don’t think I came out in the middle of everyone. They would be mad, you see, we’re not really allowed to be seen especially since no one knows me.” She looked off to the side and shifted her weight. Isabella shook her head. "I hate lying. They would be able to tell, and then poof- we're off on the wrong foot. How about we just tell them the truth? I found you there, gave you food, and gained your trust?" She shook her head. "Um... That sounded like I was a spy. Definitely not. How about... You show me to one of them, one of the more trusting, more friendly ones, and they can help?" She suggested. Isabella hit her head in frustration. "I don't make very good plans," She admitted sheepishly.

Taryn told her to lead the way. "...do you know any shortcuts to the fence about 300 feet behind the biggest factory here? Well, that I’ve seen?” She continued, asking Isabella. Isabella thought for a moment. She snapped her fingers. "That's it!" She pointed towards a small, concealed door im her house. She walked towards it, opening it to a tunnel that was barely taller than Isabella 's head. "This leads out to the outside of the fence," She said, turning towards Taryn. "I never left before through this... Because I didn't have a place ti go, I didn't have a chance. But now, I do." She put a brave face on and turned to look at her home that she had saved up for many years to buy. Her clothes... Her small, thin mattress...

She looked out the small window, almost completely blocked out by blinds. She peeked through, looking at the city she would probably not come back to again. She checked that she had everything she needed, and went through the mini passageway. She stopped, waiting for Taryn to get in so she could close the door behind her. She took a deep breath, and walked down the dark, underground hallway in silence. She turned back to look at the door. "Goodbye," She whispered, and turned to the dark cave once more.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm

"I hate lying. They would be able to tell, and then poof- we're off on the wrong foot. How about we just tell them the truth? I found you there, gave you food, and gained your trust?"
"I do too." Taryn smiled. "But when your in the business of inventing… well, it’s rather unavoidable. No one is trustworthy.” She sighed. “The next big thing… every one claims to have had a part in it. They all want to be the best.”

When Isabella went on and gave another idea, Taryn simply nodded, soaking it in. After a small pause, the girl regretted what she had said and went on saying hse had bad ideas. “No, not at all!” Taryn scoffed. “Quite the contrary. One of my friends… Stan, he will be able to help us. He’s from District 9 and he’s quite good at this sort of thing… not so sure why. But I’m sure he will understand if I tell him everything. After all, he was the one that shooed me off to get water in the first place.”

Taryn looked down after her statement knowing that the girl would most likely not have a shortcut, but a snap brought Taryn right back into action. “That’s it!” She exclaimed. Taryn mentally crossed her finger, and Isabella crossed the room revealing something better than Taryn had ever dreamed of. "This leads out to the outside of the fence, I never left before through this... Because I didn't have a place ti go, I didn't have a chance. But now, I do."
At a loss for words, Taryn drew herself together saying. “Wow…. Just…wow. You have no idea how convenient this is for you!” Taryn wanted to slap herself for that, it was the most non-witty thing she could possibly say at a time like that, but she couldn’t change her words. Clapping her hand together, Taryn said; “Let’s go then!” But as the girl looked around for a second, Taryn bit her lip regretting her words. “When your ready of course…” However, just as she said so, she walked into the tunnel. Taryn felt bad for attempting to rush her. There was absolutely nothing of value in District three for her except some lost friends, so it must have been much worse for her, but she was being exceptionally brave.

When Taryn walked in, Isabella shut the door whispering one last goodbye. Taryn knew that in any normal circumstances the words would have escaped her ears, but in the echoy cave, it was plain to hear. Taryn looked down once more in a silent mourning for her until the two were completely shrouded in darkness. She began to take feeble steps as she plunged into the darkness using only feel as guidance.

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Isabella walked the length of the cave in a stony silence. She knew Taryn hadn't meant to try to rush her- and she probably even regret it- but it still hurt. When she reached the end of the tunnel, light was pouring through- Isabella's eyes began to hurt from sudden exposure to light. The tunnel ended, coming out into the forest outside District 8. She hadn't seen much of it- it was too far off to the sides of District 8- and Isabella spent most of her time in the factory. She inhaled the fresh. clean air- a great change from her smog-filled district. Stepping out into the light, she saw the fence on the other side. It was barely noticeable- but now that she was looking for it, she saw train tracks in the distance. She pointed to them. "Is that where the railway is?" She asked Taryn, feeling a little better, and less homesick.

She turned back to the girl. "Um... About before... It's fine you tried to rush me. This place- doesn't have very good memories for me. The sooner I leave, the better, right? I feel... More free now. Thank you." She turned again to the trees,, and breathed in again. "Wow..." She muttered, just taking in the sweet air. "This is *so* much better than the 'fresh' air in the factory." Before, it was always a relief when they started pumping in the filtered air. But now... She realized it was just cooled smog air. This... This was fresh.She walked over towards the direction of the train. "Come on!" She urged, plodding in the direction of the train tracks. "We better go before the sun goes down. They double the Peacekeepers then... We have a curfew."
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 pm

((Haha well… the train is actually underground… but it’s okay XP))

Taryn followed Isabella through the darkness. Her footsteps were quiet, but since the two girls were quiet, she could faintly hear them. She centered her thoughts around the sound. It was the only the that came as a reminder to her that she wasn’t completely lost. The walk wasn’t long, but there were many times when Taryn wanted to speak. She was always a very solitary person, but whenever there was someone else in her presence, she hated the silence. Finally when Taryn could bare it no longer, the tunnel curved upwards and the two girls were enclosed in light. Taryn squinted at her feet till her eyes adjusted to the new light. When they finally came out, she couldn’t help but notice that Isabella was breathing in the air deeply. Taryn smiled at the thought that she would finally get out of her cooped up District and breath in ever fresher air.

Taryn began to move in one direction, but the first word that was spoken in a while pierced through her. "Is that where the railway is?" Taryn turned looked for the source of what would make her say that. Taryn noticed the old tracks a ways off and almost laughed. Withholding her composer, Taryn noted that it was just an old trick.
“Oh, no. Sorry. I should have mentioned that. The railway is actually underground. That was made a while ago I almost forgot about it. That track doesn’t go far. It’s just in case someone slips and a Peacekeeper comes out. The first thing they’ll see (hopefully) is that. They’ll just follow it for a little while and then realize that it was just a trick of the people… It’s actually this way, not far though.”
However, as she said this, Isabelle said something as well. "Um... About before... It's fine you tried to rush me. This place- doesn't have very good memories for me. The sooner I leave, the better, right? I feel... More free now. Thank you."
“Your welcome.” Taryn smiled and she hoped that the girl truly wasn’t too worried about leaving. She said something about the sweet air and getting going and she started to move.

“Wait.” Taryn called, it’s over here. She walked only a few hundred feet more and pulled underbrush out of the way. There was a transparent sheet that made it look like the forest. Anyone would just walk past it, or…. If less lucky walk right into it. However, being trained to catch these things in District 3, Taryn saw the flaw easily. It also helped that she was looking for it. She tore the sheet down and gestured to a tunnel. “I know, sorry, more tunnels. I don’t like them either. But it’s more roomy and when you get out of the train it so worth it. I mean… the air here in the forest still has a hint of pollution from the District so near it. But it gets ever fresher…. If that’s even a word.” Taryn began into the tunnel which luckily was prelit. Realizing that Isabella probably felt stupid, Taryn figured she should say something about that. “Er… sorry, sorry if I made you feel stupid and stuff… I wasn’t trying to. It’s my bad that I didn’t tell you it was underground.”

((I’m sorry :/ I really am, I should have told you!))

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

“Oh, no. Sorry. I should have mentioned that. The railway is actually underground. That was made a while ago I almost forgot about it. That track doesn’t go far. It’s just in case someone slips and a Peacekeeper comes out. The first thing they’ll see (hopefully) is that. They’ll just follow it for a little while and then realize that it was just a trick of the people… It’s actually this way, not far though.” Isabella blushed. She felt embarrassed she had fallen for the stupid trick. She started to walk in the general direction of Taryn's guidance.

“Wait.” Taryn called, "it’s over here." Taryn walked only a few hundred feet more and pulled underbrush out of the way. There was a transparent sheet that made it look like the forest. Taryn tore the sheet down and gestured to a tunnel. “I know, sorry, more tunnels. I don’t like them either. But it’s more roomy and when you get out of the train it so worth it. I mean… the air here in the forest still has a hint of pollution from the District so near it. But it gets ever fresher…. If that’s even a word.” Taryn began into the tunnel which luckily was pre-lit. “Er… sorry, sorry if I made you feel stupid and stuff… I wasn’t trying to. It’s my bad that I didn’t tell you it was underground.”

Isabella smiled lightly, she was glad Taryn had made the effort to try to make her feel better. "No worries. Now, let's go!"

((it's really no problem. sorry for not posting---me and sabrina both were REALLY busy. plus i got writer's block... sucks. can you just post us going into the train? you can GM Isabella coming with you, just GM for this as much as necessary. I'm really sorry for not posting!!!
----Isabella))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:45 pm

((Meh. I'm so so sorry. I thought I replied so I didn't really do anything for a long time and then I looked at the thread again and I am literally face-palming. Sorry it took forever!))

The two girls walked a short way until they reached the train. She got a lot of menacing looks and some people even shouted. A lot of the workers were fed up with her and how she was constantly leaving. "Just ignore them." She whispered to Isabella while she didn't really listen to them herself. Eventually Stan showed up and he even seemed mad. But Taryn ignored him too. They were best friends after all, Stan would forgive her. Only when the driver and leader show up that Taryn listened. She explained to him what they could gain with havin her there, why she was there, and how she would be better off if she left her District. "...They will all easily assume she just died from starvation of something." She finished and shuffled her feet. She mainly hoped that they would not throw Isabella out, but she was also hoping that she would get off scott-free. But as recruiting new members usually ended bad, she wasn't sure whether it would happen.

Finally, having made their decision, Isabella was allowed to stay but if they figured out that she was a spy she would die on the spot. Letting the moment pass, Taryn came back to Izzie who she had to leave in order for the rebel council to decide her fate. "Well... your allowed to stay. Just don't act like your a spy and they won't kill you!" Taryn most likely would not have told the truth to anyone else, but she felt like this girl would rather it was a blunt blow. Shrugging she continued. "So... you like it so far? It doesn't look like it's all that fun, but I get along plus it's way better than my life back in District 3."

Back to top Go down
Isabella Taylor
District 8
Isabella Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm

Isabella nodded, she was glad that the rebel council had let her stay in the first place, she wouldn't do anything now to jeopardize that now. Realizing she had been asked a question, Isabella answered, "It seems nice. The people don't seem to like me that much, though." She half-joked. "I do like the freedom of being able to say anything I want about the Capitol and not be killed on the spot. Plus, now I have at least one friend." She looked at Taryn, smiling slightly. "I hope."

"It'll be nice with the cleaner air, too. I'm used to hard labor with my hands, and anything that requires a steady hand in a confined space would be a perfect job for me, what with my work in the factory. I assume people don't just sit around here." Isabella knew she'd have to pull her weight around here or risk getting kicked out- or worse, killed.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Isabella answered her question and when she was done, Taryn smiled, "of course!" She lowered her head trying to hide the fact that she wasn't the best person to be a friend with especially with her ...anger issues, but she didn't want to concern her with that at the moment. "And it's ok, they don't really like me that much either, they just put up with me because of my father."

"It'll be nice with the cleaner air, too. I'm used to hard labor with my hands, and anything that requires a steady hand in a confined space would be a perfect job for me, what with my work in the factory. I assume people don't just sit around here."
"Oh, no, not at all. Although, we don't get to go outside when there's hard work to be done, sometimes we don't get fresh air for weeks, but whenever we get long breaks, there aren't any rallies and no cave-ins, we get to stay in the forests for a while, it's nice."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))   The District of Factories ((open after Isabella)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The District of Factories ((open after Isabella))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 8-
Jump to: