The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Wandering Around ((OPEN!))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) Empty
PostSubject: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Tally walked around, looking at everything she'd seen for as long as she could remember. Well, not as long as she could remember, but... you get the idea. She went home, to school... but now she was just wandering around. There was really no one to talk to, considering how many friends she had. A big fat zero. She wanted some friends, but who was there? Tally didn't know many people from school, much less where they lived. Besides, they probably wouldn't know who she was. Tally tried to make herself as scarce as possible, wishing she had the gut to randomly go up to someone and say hi. Either way, people didn't really want to be friends with her, no matter how much she wanted to be friends with them.

She sighed, and started to walk home. She wanted to read, no matter how close she had to hold the book to her face. She was in the middle of reading The Name of This Book Is Secret, which was really old. It was from when Panem was the U.S.A, and the ocean was farther out. Thinking about what would happen next in her book, Cat bumped into someone. "Sorry," she muttered, blushing. Curse her concentration on her book!
Back to top Go down
http://chamberofchat.com
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:50 pm

The sky was clear. The birds were cheerful. So was Sunny. Walking down the stone sidewalk, she did a few turns and spins, then posed in a graceful position. Behind her someone bumped into her. Sunny lost her balanced and fell hard on her knee. "Aigoo." She groaned as she fell. She tried to get up slowly and steady herself. She dusted off her jeans and looked at the person who bumped into her. It was a girl, way younger than she was, probably about 10. No, 11. She had dropped the book she was holding, and she looked genuinely sorry. Sunny was nice, and she wouldn't get mad at this girl for accidentally bumping into her. She knelt down and looked up at the girl.

"So you like to read? Well, I like to dance. Those two things are both sort of distracting aren't they? Dont read while you're walking, hon. Don't know who or what you can run into. And maybe I should take my own advice and save the dancing for when I'm safely in my yard." She reached for the book the girl had dropped and stood up. "I believe this is yours." Sunny said and handed it to the girl. "My name's Sunny. If you see me around, make sure to say hi!"
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/endlesssujulove
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 pm

"So you like to read? Well, I like to dance. Those two things are both sort of distracting aren't they? Dont read while you're walking, hon. Don't know who or what you can run into. And maybe I should take my own advice and save the dancing for when I'm safely in my yard," the girl in front of Tally said. Tally was taller than her, (like most people) but she was older. Fifteen or 16 maybe? She liked to dance. Tally had never tried dancing, what was really the point? She was more of a reader, personally. Tally only had a few books, because she had to find them, or trade things with others for them. Usually they were really old.

The girl reached for Tally's book, and stood back up. "I believe this is yours," she said, handing it to Tally. Luckily, she didn't use bookmarks, and just remembered what page she was on. Page 138, in the middle of Chapter 13 14, The Story of the Bergamo Brothers Part Two. "My name's Sunny. If you see me around, make sure to say hi!" So the girl's name was Sunny. It seemed to fit her, because she was... happy? Positive? Tally couldn't be sure, but it felt nice, someone speaking to you, that you're not related to.

"Thanks. I'm Tally, and I'll definitely say hi." Oh gosh. She shouldn't have said that, because now Sunny would think she was eager to talk to someone. Which, of course she was, but it wasn't really fun to tell people you had no friends. "And yeah, reading is one of my favorite things to do, but I've never tried dancing. It looks like something I wouldn't be very interested in." It was true, dancing had never really interested her. She was usually busy reading, baking, or doing archery, anyway. There was barely time for homework!
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am

"Oh, Tally. That's a pretty name! Make sure you do, I don't have many friends." She said with a smile. "I can tell. It looks like you would be into more productive things. Well, I'm very busy at home. Cleaning and helping out, but dancing helps clear my mind and relax me. How old are you by the way? You're so tall, but you look so young!" Sunny dustend off her pants again getting off all the dirt from the fall. She would have to e more careful when her mind was wondering off to the world of dance. She's always spinning and twirling when she walks home, clearung her mind and relaxing her. She loved dance, how graceful people looked when they posed and jumped and twirled. It was fun, too.

She took off her jacket and tied it around her waist. The air was getting hot, and Sunny didn't like it so heated outside.
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:12 pm

"Oh, Tally. That's a pretty name! Make sure you do, I don't have many friends." Sunny smiled, and Cat blushed. "I can tell. It looks like you would be into more productive things. Well, I'm very busy at home. Cleaning and helping out, but dancing helps clear my mind and relax me. How old are you by the way? You're so tall, but you look so young!" She wasn't used to be called tall, mostly because people didn't talk to her, but a little bit of it was that people got used to it. Sometimes.

"Eleven. Surprising, right? Most people expect me to be a teenager... How old are you?" Tally asked. She looked 15 or 16, but sometimes looks can be deceiving.

((Sorry for shortness and lateness x.x))
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:58 pm

((It's fine. But please don't repost what Sunny says in your post. It's confusing))

"Woah, your eleven? Well, I'm 16. I'll be turning 17 in April. April 15th, to be exact! I never do much for my birthfay, but its still sort of exciting you know? Hmmm. It's just that I haven't seen you around the school. I understand, you should have your classes in the middle school building, but I've seen most of the kids there anyways. You're quite shy aren't you? Well that's okay. People think I'm shy when they first meet me. But I turn out to be really really bubbly and cheery. It bugs people sometimes, cause I end up talking a lot." Sunny tried to stop talking, sensing that she was getting mouthy again. She knew that Tally probably didn't want to hear anything she had to say. That she just probably wanted to get back to her book. But Sunny really wanted to stay and talk. Sunny was being super uber nice, and she wanted to get to know Tally better. She didn't want to go home either, just a whole bunch of work would be waiting for her.

"Ill tell you what Tally. You could get back to your little book, or you can come with me to that little park by yown square! It will be nice, relaxing. It's a great day out here anyways!"
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:51 pm

((Sorry, it's what I'm used to doing.))

April 15... that was close to Tally's birthday! Her's was the twelfth, so that meant... Tally did the math in her head, and came up with five years and three days. In other words, 1828 days. That was a pretty big difference, but Tally didn't really care. A friend was a friend, even if they were five years older than you. Right? Could you really call them friends yet?

Tally's blush returned when she said she was shy, because it was the truth. What was the point of talking people and being loud if there was no one to talk to and be loud with? Sunny started talking about herself, describing how she used to be shy. Tally knew that probably wasn't the case with her, because, well, who would want to just randomly sit around and chat with her? Sunny started saying she talked a lot, and it made sense to Tally. It seemed she hadn't noticed Tally had said only 50 words, to her 275. Two hundred seventy-five words in a few minutes, Tally thought.

When Sunny made the offer, Tally nearly dropped her book again. Who would want to hang out with her? Not anyone she'd met so far. There had only been her mom, and that was when they had made food together... Otherwise she'd really been on her own, reading, doing homework... and that was really it, other than baking.

She still had no idea what she wanted to do, but she never really talked, and could read any time she wanted. Maybe just for a new experience... Well, it was easy to talk to Sunny, if you could call it talking. Tally more of listened than talked.

"Park. I don't think I've ever been there..." she trailed off, thinking about when she was younger, her hand reaching up to her heart pendant. She had been there, a few times at least.

((Yes I actually did all that math... with a calculator and a word counter... and copy/pasting powers XD))
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:09 pm

"You've never been to the park?" Sunny asked in awe. "That's a shame. It's really quite beatiful! I think it's the prettiest area in District 9. But I guess it has some sentimental value, so I really like going there." It's true. Sunny really did have some happy moments there at the park. Moments that made her think that living in Panem wasn't so bad.

Sunny guessed that Tally was going to come with her to the park, so she turned her body in the other direction and took a few steps forward. She turned her head and looked at Tally, to see if she was going to follow. When she saw that she didn't move from her current spot, she felt a slight bit dissapointed. "Oh, I thought you were coming. It's okay if you don't want to. I understand if you think I'm weird, crazy. Alot of people do," She said with a small shrug of her shoulders.

Sunny stood there a while longer, waiting for Tally's answer. She felt the sudden urge to move, to do something. She could never stand still. Always acted so hyper all the time. She shifted her feet from left to right, hoping that the anxious feeling would subside. Really, she just hoped Tally would answer quick, so she could get moving.
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:14 am

Was it really that surprising Tally had never been to the park except a few times? She hadn't really wanted to go after her dad left. It had been a place they loved, somewhere that was their's. Tally was still remembering her times in the park when Sunny turned back and called herself crazy. She'd walked a bit towards the park, and was now shifting her weight from side to side. Does she have ADHD? Tally wondered. The dancing, the moving around... it could be, but Tally wasn't about to ask.

"Oh, sorry." Tally started walking towards the park, where a bunch of little kids were. She remembered being one of those kids, joking around with her dad, showing off. She had been so ignorant then, not really looking at the people around her, not even her dad. She used to love the park but now... it was a hard memory.

((Sorry for shortness.))
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:57 pm

((Haha XD You make my character sound mental in Tally's eyes. And sorry for the wait :/))

Sunny twirled around as she walked towards the park. Many kids were there, sort of dissapointing. She sort of wished it was a little empty, so she could relax. She looked at Tally and saw a lost look in her eyes. Like she was remembering something, but Sunny didn't know if it was a happy or sad memory.

"Looks like you have been here before.. I can tell. I don't think anyone in District Nine hasn't been to this park."

She opened her knapsack she was carrying and pulled out a small see through plastic bag. She held it tight in her closed palm and walked over to a small wooden bench.

"Look, Tally. Sit here!"

She took Tally's hand and poured some of the contents of the plastic bag in her palm. They were little brown seeds.

"Have you ever fed the birds before? This stuff is bird feed. I used to give it to my chickens so I could get the eggs from them. They are not fit for human consumption, so don't try eating it." She explained with a cheerful smile. "Try it. It's really fun!"
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

((It's fine XD Yeah, Tally's not really used to being around people, and Sunny's being all postive and hyper and such XD Uh, sorry for using words from the Uglies series...))

How had Sunny been able to tell Tally had been here before? Was she a psychic? It would sort of understand some things... No, Tally told herself. No thinking bad things about others because they're a bit... bubblier than you. Cat thought a bit about that, while following Sunny. Was Tally bogus? Or was she bubbly? She really had no way to tell, but while she'd been thinking on it, she'd sat in a bench, and Sunny had told her that the brown pellet things in her hand was bird feed, and wasn't edible. Wondering how people were so different, Tally chucked the feed at a bird, but most of it landed on it. Whoops. The bird flew up a bit, and it was a funny sight, watching the feed fall off.

The bird started eating what had fallen off, and the little feed that actually landed on the ground. She remembered vaguely that she'd done this before. With her father... Tally's hand flew up to her pendant, and she sighed.

"Yeah. I may have been here before..." Tally trailed off, knowing Sunny wouldn't understand what had happened to her dad. Besides, whenever someone asked, she felt like crying. "I'm not sure if I've fed birds before... if so, I can't really remember correctly." She bit her lower lip, still in thought.

Was Tally bubbly or bogus?
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Sunny smiled brightly and laughed. She poured some of t bird feed in her own hand and tossed a few onto the ground, keeping most of it still in her palm. "You doing it wtong! Look. Just toss a few seeds onto the ground and wait for the bird to see it. When it comes to th seeds, keep your hand open and the bird will come to you!" She held her palm open and smiled as a small house sparrow landed on her two hands, cupped together. "It tickled at first but you get used to it."

She looked at Tally and saw her hand fly to the pendant around her neck. Sunnu didn't notice it before, but now that she saw it, it was beautiful and unique in her eyes. She thought it must of had sentimental value to Tally. "I used to do this with my father, and my older brother, Donghae." She looked at Tally again, and this time noticed confusion, and possibly sadness in her eyes.

"If you don't mind me asking, who gave you that pendant? You act the same way with it like I act with this anklet Appa gave me." She tossed a few more seeds on the ground infront of a group of baby birds, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

She was doing it wrong. Well, obviously. Tally really doubted that half of the feed was supposed to land on the bird. Sunny tossed some of her feed on the ground, but kept most of it in her palm. She cupped her hands, and a sparrow flew onto her hands. Tally wasn't really sure if she wanted a sparrow on her hands, so she didn't reach for more feed. It was kind of creepy... Sunny was saying things bout her father and brother, Donghae. What kind of name was that?

Then she asked who gave her the pendant. Tally pursed her lips, but didn't answer at first. She took some feed, and scattered some around, then cupped her hands and held them out, just like she'd seen Sunny do. A pigeon landed on her hand, but she tried not to flinch. "My dad..." she said, trailing off. Some people didn't understand. They thought they did, but didn't. Everyone else had their dad, and couldn't imagine what it would be like without them. Lucky them! Tally thought. Sunny was probably like the others, saying she understood, but she really didn't.

Some people would never understand.
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Sunny twisted close the plastic bag and put it back into her knapsack. She sighed and put her chin in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees. Slightly giggling at the face Tally made when she mentioned her brother.

"I know. Donghae. Not a common name you would find in Panem, right? He comes home complaining about how he hates his name. I think he should just make up a name for himself like I did, instead of moping around all day. My name is actually Hye Mi. Don't laugh."

Sunny listened as Tally answered her question with a bit of hesitation. Her father gave Tally the pendant. Just like her father gave Sunny the anklet. Holding the anklet in her hand now, that day flashed back in her mind. That sad memory of 7 years ago.

"Appa! Appa! Are you okay?" Sunny asked as she sat beside her bedridden father. He had gone into a coughing fit and his voice was raspy. "I'm fine, Hye Mi." He had replied. Her father was the only one who refused to call her Sunny. "I'm just... a little sick. We all get a little sick from time to time, right?"

"Right! I shouldn't worry about you so much. You'll get better. You're strong."

Hearing the words 'you're strong' and seeing his daughters beautiful smile broke his heart, for he knew what would happen.

"Hye Mi-ah." he said and reached over to the nightstand, grabbing a emerald-stoned anklet. "I traded two loafs of bread for this. I want you to have it. If I were ever to go away and never come back, you would have this to remember me by."

"Don't think like that, Appa! I know you'll always be around." Then, Sunny heard her name being called, knowing that it was time for sleep. "Goodnight, appa! I love you!" Leaving the room, she had now knowledge of what would be happening next.

The next morning, Sunny got up to check on her father. She ran to his room, just to be stopped by Donghae at the door. Her brother had tearstained eyes. "Oppa, why are you crying? Let me in!" She pushed her brother away and opened the door. "Appa! Are you feeling better?" She said and ran to his side. No respond. "Appa? Wake up!" She said and shaked him. No respond. No movement. No breath. No heartbeat. "Appa?" Sunny whispered and feel to her knees. "No."

A single tear ran down Sunny's cheek. She mumbled to herself. "I miss you, Appa."
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:16 pm

((That memory in the last post was ment to be in italics oops. XD))
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:37 pm

((Sorry for such lateness. I've had a ton of threads to reply to. Also, this is on nook, so sorry in advance.))

Sunny's real name was Hye Mi? Tally thoug it made sense that she changed it. Who wanted a name that would get you made fun of? Thouh Tally wasn't much of a normal name, Hye Mi she would not be able to live with. It was so... Tally wasn't sure, bur it certainly wasn't a name most had. Noticing the ankley in Sunny's hand, Tally wondered who gave it to her. She was holding it like Tally and her pendant, so maybe her father? Tally still remembered the day her dad had left, like it was yesterday.

[I]Tally had just got home from school, to see her dad packing in his room. Younger Tally had no idea where he was going, and really, where was there to go? There was nowhere to go where you needed to pack for. This is what Tally had reasoned.

"Daddy, why are you packing? Are you going somewhere?" Nine-years-old Tally didn't know how he was going to get anywhere, anyway. He was only a baker, what did he have to run to/from, and where was he going to get something for transportation?

"Tally, I'm not going to lie to you. I'm leaving, going to look for the thirteenth district. Most people think it was destroyed, but I don't think so. You know how to bake, I taught you well."
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 pm

((*headdesk* SFTDP, I didn't mean to hit send, and the memory should be in italics...))

That, at least, was true. He'd been teaching Tally how to bake, and sge enjoyed it. What she didn't understand, was that there was a district thirteen. Hadn't it fallen when the districts had rebelled? "Tally, I'll give you something to remember me by. I won't be coming back." At this, her dad undid his pendant he always wore, and gave it to her. "This is my pendant. In this, I will always be woth you."

Tally took it, and put it on. It was cold, but she didn't care. It was a heart shape, and very dear to her dad. Taly was sure of that. "But... why do you have to leave? Can't you just stay here? We need you!" Tally loved her dad dearly, and tears were running down her face.

"Tally, go for your dreams." That didn't answer her question, but it didn't matter to him. Thouh he loved Tally, he just had to go.

Tally had never forgotten that memory, though she wanted to. She wished it had never happened, but it had. A tear ran down her cheek, and she clutched her pendant again. Her dad had left, and it was part of the past. Tally felt like she should move on, but she couldn't. She heard Sunny mumble to herself, amd Tally did the same. "Dad, why did you have to leave?"
Back to top Go down
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

((Oh it's fine! Don't worry about it. I also reply to most of these threads through my kindle soo... ))

Awkward silence lingered in the air. It shouldn't be like this.. should it? Sunny thought to herself. No. It shouldn't be. She didn't notice that she was clutching the anklet in her hand tighter and tighter with every tear drop that fell from her red eyes. Turning her head, she looked at Tally. Noticing her hand touching her pendant and tears falling too. She tapped on Tally's shoulder and tried to put on her best smile she could manage.

"Well.. It looks like we have more similarities than we thought, eh?" Sunny said, not bothering to wipe her own tears away before looking at Tally. She opened her knapsack again and pulled out a piece of fabric. A handkerchief. She placed it in Tally's hand and closed Tally's hand around it.

"Wipe your tears, Tally. I don't like to see people cry. Makes me feel a bit sad." She tried to hide her tear-stained face behind her hair, but she already knew that Tally saw that Sunny had been crying. But why hide it, if we are both going through the same situation? She finally released her anklet that she had been clutching very tight, so tight that it made an imprint in her hand. She reached down and twisted open the little latch, fastening it around her ankle. She stayed in that little position for a minute. Letting her hair dangle in front of her face, her arms folded in her lap. She knew she looked silly. But she didn't care. She was already quite depressed at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wandering Around ((OPEN!))   Wandering Around ((OPEN!)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering Around ((OPEN!))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 9 :: Town Square-
Jump to: