The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The movie!!!

Go down 
+11
Jonathon Moyers
Monica d'Alcy
Marceline Winters
Katherine Beck
April Adams
Adla Carter
Kwon Sunny
Tally Mild
Rain Quickhook
Arianna Redcloud
Aspen Ives
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aspen Ives
District 7
Aspen Ives

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:03 am

That movie was flawless.
Best book-to-film adaptation EVER. (The Lord of the Rings comes pretty close, but some things were added/not included that I can't forgive them for.)
Back to top Go down
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

Location : Alieya's in your bed, and Thalia's under it, and . . . well I'm in your closet.

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:02 am

Shmeh I really wanna see it ... I think I'm goin this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Rain Quickhook
Capitol
District 4 stylist
Rain Quickhook

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:57 pm

GODS ABOVE AND BELOW! Thank you, i felt like I was listening to nothing but complaints when I left the theater, but COLLINS WORKED ON THE SCREEN PLAY how could in not be good. All the complainers were prolly just Capitol loyalists. The *insert colorful name here*
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm seeing it at 6... It's about 4 now... I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!! I get to see it with two of my best friends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://chamberofchat.com
Kwon Sunny
District 9
Kwon Sunny

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't know when I'm going to see it. My mom refuses to watch it until after she finishes the book. She's only 12% in! ughhh.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/endlesssujulove
Adla Carter
District 1

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

It was amazing.... I'm literally in awe. The way they added things inhanced the story in a way that the mad it so much better. The book was still amazing. The only part that I didn't like was that they didn't give time to set up the relationship between Rue and Katniss. But, seriously. I've never cried in a movie before.
Back to top Go down
Rain Quickhook
Capitol
District 4 stylist
Rain Quickhook

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 am

*Crosses his fingers* Academy Awards and Oscars should be waiting for them in the future Seriously they are already in pre-production for Catching Fire

Steve Buscemi must play Volts
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 am

Oh my goodness. Greatest book to movie adaptation ever. Seriously, they did it so flawlessly. Each of the actors was amazing, and I loved the way they did EVERYTHING. I was so worried about having complaints, but I really didn't have many that weren't super nit-picky.

I think my biggest problem is that Cato didn't get enough screen time. xD He was actually one of my favorites and that has nothing to do with Alexander Ludwig.... But yeah, an AMAZING movie.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 am

I watched it yesterday, there are no words to describe how I felt during the movie e.e It was simply amazing, they managed to adapt the book brilliantly and I have no complaints except for the Rue/Katniss relationship forging ._. but aside from that it was amazing n.n congratulations to the directors and actors!!! -u-
Back to top Go down
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

Location : Alieya's in your bed, and Thalia's under it, and . . . well I'm in your closet.

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I am so glad in the way that they filmed it, with sorta the camera just switching back and forth so it wouldn't be too gross. I love the movie so much and I'm soooooooooooo freakinnnnnnnnnnnnnn happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cause I lovedddddddddddd ittttttttttt. Sorry, it just made my life. I give it 27/10 stars
Back to top Go down
Tally Mild
District 9
Tally Mild

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:16 pm

I LOVED IT!!
Spoiler:
It was one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://chamberofchat.com
Arianna Redcloud
District 3
Arianna Redcloud

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 pm

OMG same, Tally. I was crying. Although there were some really annoying people all throughout the theater who wouldn't shut up and they were ruining the movie for me, and I was sooo close to standing up and shouting "Yall either shut up or leave" grrrrrrr they made me sooo mad. but I still loved it
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 pm

I hate when people talk during movies. It's so rude, especially for a movie like the Hunger Games that so many people have been looking forward to for so long.

Spoiler:

And I totally agree about how they did the gore. I'm really squeamish, so I was glad there wasn't a lot of blood yet they still managed to convey the horror of all the deaths. And I still just cannot get over how absolutely perfect the casting was. Oh my gosh.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:02 am

I saw it yesterday! It was INCREDIBLE!

Spoiler:

I gotta tell you, I was worried about Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, but I think she did an absolutely wonderful job. I'd go see it again, it was that good Smile
Back to top Go down
Monica d'Alcy
District 2
Monica d'Alcy

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 am

I think I need to stop looking at this thread. You guys are making me too excited. XD

I don't even have a CLUE on when I might be seeing it...
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 am

I JUST GOT BACK FROM WATCHING IT.
AMAZING. <3

None of you will have wanted to see me when.
Spoiler:
AND:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talia Alderwood
District 7

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 pm

YOUR THEATER WAS DOING THAT TOO? WE DID THAT EVERY TIME!!!

That movie... I was a wreck with pretty much EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 am

Spoiler:

But yeah, the movie was AWESOME. One of the best movies put to film I've ever seen.

XD I love how Cato plays a bigger part in the movie than Gale.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Rytherstone
District 8
Samuel Rytherstone

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Best movie ever seen.. If my tied favorite book becomes movie I will love the movies theaters. Also if book three of the Hunger Games becomes a movie. Very Happy Three was so much better than two. Smile
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 am

The only thing I didn't really like about it is that they took the emotion out of death, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Talia Alderwood
District 7

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:37 pm

I loved that the majority was just how I imagined it. Exactly. Except the OnFire suits, but they had to budget SOMETHING.
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:13 pm

Yeah, same. I liked how the fire looked like wings, but still it wasn't how I imagined it :/
Though her dress spin was emasculate.
Back to top Go down
Talia Alderwood
District 7

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree whole-heatedly. I actually wasn't sure how to picture it.

I thought they should have used blue licks of fire...
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah I agree.
I kind of imagined a huge bonfire around them...
Back to top Go down
Monica d'Alcy
District 2
Monica d'Alcy

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

*This whole post will have spoilers*

I just got back from seeing it. Mixed feelings, to be honest. It was overall pretty enjoyable, but had quite a few flaws. The camera was sometimes all over the place and made it confusing and difficult to focus on certain parts, which makes me feel as if I missed something.

The cast was great, though. Jennifer Lawrence pretty much outshined everyone. However, Amandla Stenberg was adorable and great as Rue! I really enjoyed her performance; I wish we'd seen a bit more of Rue. That's another thing--I didn't really feel that there was that much of a connection between Katniss and Rue like there was in the book.

Other than the sometimes-confusing camerawork, the technical stuff was great; The sets and costume design in particular. I think it was a well-written script for 95% of it, but (and I hate to say this) I found myself falling a sleep a little near the middle. The plot kinda dropped after Rue's death for several minutes, but it did regain itself shortly afterwards.

In conclusion, I think it was a very well-made film and a faithful adaptation. I'd give it 7.5/10 stars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The movie!!!   The movie!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The movie!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next