The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Tracked (Mel!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Everything was on the line. Starving, shaking, dying. Marceline shook out black curls, dark as the night they bobbed through. She pulled the knife and shot the deer down with extreme accuracy. Urgency is the best strength. Not pausing at all, Marceline sliced meat, ignoring the pelt and the dark night. She could've eaten in raw, but medicine was scarce, and she wasn't sure how to keep food poisoning away. Evie had. Marceline paused, stick caught on fire already, illuminating the small grave. With a blood-curdling, choked scream, Marceline threw down the fire and watched her kindling go up in flames. She speared the meat and held it there, then jerked up, dropping the cut, knife firm in hand. It was still covered in the animal's blood. Figuring it was an animal, for no one came out at night, Marceline held her ground, standing with confidence and suspicion lit in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Of all the places for the train to break down (again!), it just had to be District 10. Were it not for the serious lack of food, Mel would have been content to just hide out on the train until it was fixed, no matter how long it took. But she knew she hadn’t run away with Taryn to join the railway just so she could sit around and cower in fear, so she forced herself to leave the safety of the train and head into the woods of what had to be her least favorite district.

But no matter how hard she may have been trying to be brave, there was no way Mel was going to leave the woods and enter the town. As much of her reasoning was driven by fear, there was some logic to it; after her narrow escape from that horrible peacekeeper, Mel couldn’t risk showing her face in the district. If he caught sight of her, Mel was sure he wouldn’t let her get away again. And now he’d know for sure she was a rebel, which would probably mean getting her tongue chopped off, if she was luck.

So tonight Mel stuck to the woods, feeling almost at home among the trees. They weren’t quite the same as the orchards back in 11, of course, but they were trees. And if Mel was lucky, there would be some edible plants she could gather and bring back for her fellow rebels. Though even if there were some, Mel wasn’t sure she would even be able to see them; it was a dark night. But she couldn’t give up, so Mel trekked on, trying not to imagine all the terrible things that may be lurking in the woods.

That was hard to do, though, after hearing a scream and catching a glimpse of what had to be a fire. Mel froze. Someone else was out here! But who? Nobody from the district was allowed in the woods, right? Crazy possibilities running through her mind, Mel ran to the nearest tree and quickly scaled its branches. Her heart racing, she peered out from her lookout and her eyes landed on a small fire, and more importantly, the girl who had built it. Mel’s heart nearly stopped as she took in the sight of the girl, standing over a dead deer, a bloody knife in her hand

It was like something out of her nightmares. Mel was taken back that horrible day less than a year ago, when she was huddled in the town square with her family, watching the Hunger Games. This girl with the knife could have easily been that bow and arrow girl, and the deer could just as easily have been Donta.

Coming from a District of agriculture, hunting and killing were already something that Mel was entirely unaccustomed to, and that combined with the memory of her brother’s gruesome death was too much for Mel to handle. Before she could stop herself, a sound that resembled some sort of cross between a sob and a horrified gasp escaped her throat. Immediately, Mel clasped her hand over her mouth, her eyes wide. What if the girl had heard her? What if she thought Mel was a spy? Maybe she should have revealed herself and tried to reason with the girl, but it was all she could do in her current state of mind to hold onto the tree for dear life and hope this crazy knife girl wasn’t about to attack her.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 am

Simply put, Marceline was pretty much a born killer. She had a fast run, she was quiet, and she had the best aim. But death was an extreme. She would only kill a human under two circumstances. The first of those was the person was a threat. Conidering the stranger's small cry at what she supposed was her hunting, Marceline decided not to automatically assume a hunter's position. Perhaps the stranger could be valuable. And something valuable Marceline had lacked for a long time.

"Hello?" she called out, her voice ringing through the trees. She inched closer to the trees, trying to figure out where the noise had come from. All she could really see was dark, looming shadows. She sprinted back, past the fire in the center of the small clearing (these popped up in the woods somewhat often) to the edge of the wood. Marceline took only a few minutes to find a stick. While it was not as sturdy or as large as she had hoped, it would serve it's purpose. Sticking the tip of her torch in the fire, Marceline walked forward, her harsh blue eyes catching firelight.

Mceline walked towards the trees. The noise had seemed close to the ground to Marceline, but she scaled a couple of the shorter trees, the ones that required only one hand to lift yourself up. In hindsight, the torch had not been such a good idea. But she needed light, for she knew not who this stranger was, whether he was a Peacekeeper or not. For a second, she thought she saw a young girl, terrified, hands clamped over her mouth. She froze right there as memories of Evie flooded back. Of her sister dying. Gone away from her, cries of mercy unheard. Easily, Marceline sheethed her hunting knife, so that if it proved to be a decoy, she was ready. "It's okay," she half-whispered, to herself or the scared girl she didn't know. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to know why you're here." Marceline took another step forward, luring the fire in her hand away from her face and empty, lifeless eyes so that you couldn't see them.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm

It really shouldn’t have been surprising that the girl had heard Mel cry out, but that didn’t stop the blonde’s heart from racing even faster as the girl called out. Oh gosh. This wasn’t good. Mel shrunk closer to the trunk of the tree she was in, as if that would somehow conceal her more or offer her protection. Panicked thought ran through her head. The girl could attack her, and leave her here to die. Or – what if she was some sort of cannibal? In her current state of mind, Mel wasn’t about to rule it out. It certainly wasn’t normal for someone to be screaming over a dead deer around a fire. And if the girl didn’t kill her, what if she found out Mel was a rebel? Then she would be turned over to the peacekeepers for sure. Maybe it would be better if knife girl just killed her right here?

As much as her mind told her to move, climb higher or even try to run away – it was pretty dark, after all – her body refused to obey. She remained frozen in place, high up in her tree, unable to do anything except watch as the girl lit a torch and began searching. Mel realized that perhaps staying where she was hadn’t been such a bad idea, because it didn’t appear as though the girl was a very good tree climber; she only seemed to be climbing very short ones, though that could have been due to the torch in her hand. But still, maybe Mel was safe a little longer. Until she possibly starved to death up here.

Or maybe not, because no sooner had the thought crossed her mind than did Melody find Knife Girl looking right up at her, walking toward her. Mel’s eyes opened even wider and her already racing heart sped up even more. It didn’t make Mel feel any better to see that the girl didn’t look much older than her. Years of watching the Hunger Games had shown her that kids her age were just as dangerous as peacekeepers, some of them more so.

And then the girl spoke, catching Mel by surprise; she’d been expecting a threat, or at least some shouting, but certainly not reassurance that she wasn’t going to be hurt. Of course, it could very well be a trap, but seeing the girl sheath her knife relaxed Mel just enough to poke her head out a bit farther from the tree so she was more visible to the girl. There wasn’t really much point in hiding any more, since she’d already been seen. After a moment of hesitation, Mel finally managed to force out the story she’d come up with on the train. “I was-” The words came out barely as a whisper, so Mel stopped and tried again. “I was, uh, walking in the woods, looking for food.” This part was easier, because it was technically true. She was looking for food, it just happened to be for a secret rebel railway fighting the Capitol. A detail she had decided to leave out, for obvious reasons. “Th-then I got lost, and it got dark.” For once, Mel had no trouble with her story, since she was scared enough to make it sound real without even needing to try. Now she just had to hope Knife Girl would believe her. At least it was dark, so hopefully her clearly out-of-place features would be a little less noticeable. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Marceline frowned a little "You got lost. In the woods. Which are very illegal," she repeated, looking up at the tree in slight disbelief. "I've never seen you around the District before. Then again, I'm never really there." Marceline looked around, raven curls splaying behind her, then looked back up at the tree. "You can come down, you know. I'll listen to your story, because," Marceline smiled a little, faint and a little sarcastic. "I'm not supposed to be out here, either. I ran away from that District, fast as I could. Just couldn't bear to leave it behind." She thought this story was quite fine; it didn't give away too much to the girl who could be a spy, but it was enough to get her-hopefully-to trust her. And then, quieter, "Trust me. I won't hurt you. I have a feeling you aren't from my District, because you look to be around my sister's age, and she never mentioned anything about you." That, and the fact she'd been three when their parents had died. She remembered her daddy's last words to her. "Marci, you have to protect Evie. Please. You may be all she's got left someday." She'd protected her, not knowing what the words meant at the time. But she'd failed. That was something for later. As if to give the girl some time, to decide, Marceline walked a little ways away to the small clearing and booted up the fire. She heard a rustling from the opposite direction, and saw a rabbit, plump, hopping across the clearing. She quickly stabbed at it, and then it was dead. Much cleaner than the deer earlier; much more Marceline's style. She sliced off some more deer, then stuck it on the knife and began to cook it. She decided to give some meat to the girl in the tree, if she came. Marceline, while mean, cruel, and seemingly heartless to people her age and older (or, most of them, she corrected mentally, thinking of Duncan), was always kind to little children. Shivers went up her spine as she thought of little Evie, Evelyn, her sister.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 am

If Mel had been any less freaked out than she was at the moment, she would have thought it was extremely hypocritical for the girl to be pointing out that it was illegal to be in the woods. Because, well, she was in the woods too. And now she was already questioning whether Mel was from the district, but at least she’d given her a bit of wriggle room, because apparently the girl was never there? That was definitely illegal, if District 10 was anything like the rest of them. But at least it gave Mel something to work with. She gulped and tried to control the shaking in her voice. “I’ve, uh, I’ve seen you around sometimes. I-I guess our paths just never crossed.” There. That was kind of believable, right?

For a second time, Mel was taken by surprise at what the girl said next. That she wasn’t supposed to be out here either wasn’t exactly news, but…she ran away from the district? Mel blinked, taken aback. Was this girl one of the wanderers she’d heard about on the train? She seemed to be much too close to District 10 to be a wanderer, though. Before Mel could think too much on this, however, the girl had gone back to pressing on the fact that Mel wasn’t from her District, though she was a bit surprised by her reasoning. Wouldn’t it have made more since for the girl herself not to recognize Mel? She didn’t think she looked that much older than she was but…maybe her sister was really close to her age? Another thought struck the blonde. Was it possible that Mel looked that much younger to the girl? She supposed she’d always been extremely skinny thanks to constant hunger, and the fact that she was hiding scared and wide-eyed in a tree certainly didn’t make her look mature, did it? Well, Mel wasn’t going to say anything to the contrary. It seemed to be best that this girl thought she was scared an innocent (both of which were true, actually, but that was beside the point).

Fortunately, Mel was spared from having to address the sister comment when the girl walked away from her. Figuring now was her chance to make a break for it, Mel slid down the trunk of the tree until her feet were planted on the ground. She turned in the opposite direction, looking into the looming darkness of the woods, but something made her pause. The girl had seemed nice enough besides the crazy deer killing, not to mention Mel wasn’t sure she would be able to get away from the girl fast enough. Maybe she was just waiting for Mel to run, so she could catch her? Oh dear.

It was possible that Mel would have just stood there, paralyzed by fear and indecision until the sun rose, were it not for the smell of cooking meat that came from the girl’s campfire. It was that delicious smell, one Mel had smelled few times in her whole life, that made her slowly turn and make her way not away from the girl, but towards her. Mel stopped a few feet away from the girl, afraid to come closer (thank goodness she hadn’t seen her kill that deer). “Why are you out here?” It wasn’t exactly a fair question, since Mel refused to answer the same thing, but she couldn’t think of anything else to say. The sound left Mel’s lips in a whisper. She wasn’t sure if the girl had even heard her, but Mel wasn’t about to repeat herself. Instead, she just waited, still poised to run if she needed to, and tried not to let her gaze linger on the girl’s food.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Marceline shrugged. "Maybe I have. I still don't think so. But I guess it's understandable if you don't want me to know. For all you know 'bout me, I could be a dirty Capitol traitor," she put extra emphasis on the last word. Had it been anyone but Marceline to run into this stranger, they would've believed it. But Marceline was a runaway, one who knew practically every face in that District, and even more so the little kids, thanks to Evie. However, she knew she had her flaws, and it was very possible she just wasn't remembering right.

Marceline looked back and smirked at the girl. "Well, tell you what. You look like you're at least half starved. You come over here and eat something. And I'll tell you 'bout me. Because, if either one of us is a traitor, I have a better shot than you. No offense," Marceline said bluntly. She then pulled the nice piece of deer meat out of the fire and made a quick scramble for something to put it on in her pack. She pulled out a piece of wood. It looked clean-or, clean enough to eat off of. But the girl was skinny, and apparently lost. A she knew from experience when you're starved, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. She looked over to the girl expectantly and then added, "I promise you can trust me. I'm out here too, and both of us are too far away-and too normal looking-to be Capitol people, and too young to be Peacekeepers." Marceline was right-she'd once considered being a Peacekeeper, millions of years ago, before her parents left forever. She was one of few people, in her mind, that had reason to hate the Capitol. They had taken her parents, which hurt, but more in a numbing way, like a novicane shot. She'd been so young when they died, it didn't matter too much. But they ripped Evie away from her, like a carpet. All she'd had left. Marceline's focus nearly left, but she gritted her teeth very slightly and kept smiling. She wanted her to trust her, or at least know she wasn't mad at her. As she looked at thestarved girl, she wondered how she got here. But, should she convince her to trust her, there would be time later. For as mysterious as the girl was, she was almost positive that she wasn't from here. And she'd do anything to escape.
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Mel supposed it wasn’t all that surprising that the girl hadn’t bought her story. She was slowly learning that she was not a very good liar, particularly not in life-or-death situations. That might have been helpful to know before she ran away and joined a secret rebel railway, but there was nothing to be done about that now. It was just something she’d have to keep working on...assuming she didn’t get herself killed first. Mel’s thoughts drifted to the peacekeeper she’d escaped in this very district. She’d just barely gotten away, and something told her he wasn’t going to let that go. But right, now wasn’t the time to think about that, because all it had served to do was freak her out even more. But at least the girl wasn’t asking any more questions, at least for now.

Not to mention she had just offered Mel food. And not just any food, but meat. The sight and smell of the food, placed on the makeshift plate, caused Mel’s stomach to grumble. The fact that the animal it came from had just been violently murdered before her very eyes didn’t seem to matter too much anymore (though Mel still made sure to shove it to the very back corner of her mind), and she couldn’t stop herself from taking a few more hesitant steps toward the girl. If she’d wanted to kill Mel, she could have done it by now, right? Unless she was trying to get information, but, well, maybe Mel could just get a quick meal out of this before she escaped? And then the girl made a very good point, saying that neither of them really looked like capitolites or peacekeepers. Not that Mel would put it past the Captiol to use this girl to find traitors, but…gosh, that meat just smelled so good.

Her mind made up, Mel nodded slowly. “Uh…yeah. Okay.” She tentatively closed the gap between herself and the girl, then accepted the meat from her. From up close the smell was even more mouth-watering, and it took all of Mel’s self-control not to start eating it right away. But she was used to being hungry, and had been raised with enough manners to wait for the other girl to help herself before she began to eat. Not to mention Mel still had no idea why this girl was helping her, and she was still kind of waiting for the girl to realize what she was doing and snatch the food away from Mel. She forced herself to meet the older girl’s eyes and managed a small, “Thanks,” then sat down on a log near the fire and looked expectantly at the girl. If she was going to join Mel or if she was going to blow a whistle and have her turned over to the Capitol, the blonde figured now would be the time.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Marceline half grinned. "I promise I don't bite," she looked up at her as she closed the final distance. "No problem," she shrugged. "I hunt anyways. Sure, it's illegal, but it's food." Marceline wondered why the stranger wasn't eating, then realized that she was probably waiting for her. Marceline cut another piece of deer off of the animal and started to cook it. "Don't bother waiting for me. Go ahead and eat," she nodded.

With the girl sitting there, Marceline turned to her, pulling the meat out of the fire. "I s'pose you want to know who-or what-I am. Well, I'll start with my name. I'm Marceline. Marceline Winters. I live out there, supposedly," Marceline jerked her head towards the District. "But there's a reason I ran away. See, maybe the name 'Winters' is vaguely familiar. Well, first and foremost, I lost my little sister to the damned Hunger Games. Her name was Evie...err, Evelyn. She would be 'bout your age, I guess." She took a moment and looked the girl over. "Maybe. She'd be about 14 now, a year younger than me. My parents are dead, too. They died rebelling the Capitol-kinda ironic, considering how Evie died. That part you might've heard of, you might've not. It was a rebellion, after all, and you know all about those proud Capitol idiots, I'm sure. I just had to get away from 10. I've never, ever been to a school, but I made Evie go." At this point, Marceline thought it best to start at the beginning. Better to make the little girl trust her. "I learned how to read and write, practically better than the District, because I had so much extra time not spent on Capitol crap. I learned arithmatic, and basic sciences, and history-only I knew from my parents the gruesome version, the version instilled in me and my sister. I've always wanted to follow in their footsteps." There was a beat of silence. "Even when I was little, I always talked to Evie after we ran away about how we should do it. Go up against them. But after Evie's death, I swore that I'd someday find a way to rebel them. Somehow. I haven't found out how yet, but I will. I'm usually not this open-to most of the District, I'm the strange little Winters girl, slightly mad from her family's death, anti-social for all they know. I'd probably've been the same way towards you, 'cept you're in a similar situation. Out in the woods. Maybe you're alone, too." Marceline looked the girl in the eyes. "What's your story, little bird? I've told you mine; now what's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Melody Fraeder
District 11
Melody Fraeder

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:28 pm

It didn’t take any more prodding for Mel to eat. As soon as the girl gave her the okay, she eagerly bit into the meat, and it was all she could do to chew it at a proper speed. In only a matter of minutes, the food was gone. It was only when her belly was finally full that Mel remembered that she was still probably in danger, and this girl most likely hadn’t forgotten her questions.

And sure enough, the girl began talking again. Only instead of questioning her, the girl was instead telling Mel her story. And, as far as the blonde could tell, the girl – er, Marceline – was being genuine. Mel remained silent as the older girl spoke, simply listening to and processing everything she said.

The first thing Marceline said was the thing that hit home for Mel the most. She, too, had lost a younger sibling to the Games. The girl had even been Mel’s own age. So then…she must have been in the Games 2 years ago. Mel didn’t always remember all the tributes in the Games, but she had known all of them from last year’s because of Donta. And if the girl was her own age, she must have been reaped at 12. Just like Donta. It was scary, how similar the story was; both of the girls had been forced to watch as their siblings fought in the games at only 12 years old – and it seemed to Mel that Marceline had been just as close to her sister as she had been to Donta. Mel wanted nothing more than to share her own story with Marceline, since she could understand better than anyone what Mel was going through, but to do so would mean revealing herself as being from another district. So she stayed quiet, doing her best to blink back the tears forming in her eyes as Marceline continued to speak.

Mel was torn upon hearing that the Marceline’s sister was, in fact, not too much younger than her. She was pleased because that meant Marceline didn’t think Mel was even younger than she was – a strange thing to be happy about, but Mel hadn’t liked the idea of this girl thinking she was a child. On the other hand, however, this meant that it was very likely that she would have known Evie; which meant it would now be even harder to prove she was from this district. Lovely.

The rest of the girl’s spiel was a bit lost on Mel, as she was still processing the part about her sister in the Games. What she did manage to take away, however, was that Marceline’s parents had died in a rebellion – something Mel certainly had never heard about, and was very interested in – then her sister had been killed and she’d run off to live in the woods. Whoa. That was…intense.

Mel opened her mouth to say something (though she had no idea what she could possibly say after hearing Marceline basically share her life story), but before she could do so the older girl asked her a question that brought all of her previous fear rushing back. As much as Mel wanted to believe she could trust the older girl, she knew she couldn’t possibly tell her the truth. Her eyes on her hands, folded in her lap, Mel answered by sticking to her previous story. “I’ve, uh, I’ve heard of you, yeah. And I-I knew Evie.” That part was hard to say – Mel knew how much she hated to be reminded of Donta, but she had to try and convince the girl she was from District 10. Still, she couldn’t help adding, “I’m- I’m so sorry.” Mel couldn’t say any more than that, but she hoped Marceline could feel the sincerity Mel was doing her best to project in the those three words. She continued, “But I was telling the truth.” She took a deep breath. “I, uh, I heard about people hunting out here” – that was a small tidbit she added onto her story after listening to Marceline, and the blonde was rather proud of it. Maybe she was finally getting better at the lying thing? Hmm. Mel wasn’t sure if she was happy about that, but in her current circumstances it was just something she’d have to learn to be happy about. “So I thought I’d come out and see if I could find any food for myself. Th-then I got lost....and I ran into you.” Mel gulped and looked up at the older girl from the corner of her eye, hoping against hope that she would believe her.

((So sorry for the slowness - it's been a crazy couple of weeks! <3))
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Almost instinctively, Marceline plopped more food on the small stranger's platter. It waswhat she'd done for Evie-almost a system, fluent and such. It worked. She was quite convinced, by the way she'd seen the food scarfed down, that this girl was starved. And she was also convinced that the girl couldn't be from here. Not because she didn't know Evie-who didn't know Evie, after all?-but because she looked...different. Most Districts didn't have a defined look, but there were features-from watching the Games, she could tell that the people from 12 were all pale, to some degree, those from 11 and her own District tanned, or freckled, as it was in Marceline and Evie's case. This stranger had no features, really, from any of them. But, Marceline was often wrong. She'd had almost no chance to see much of the world, of Panem. She was drawing farfetched conclusions. But she was determined to draw the truth out of this girl. She knew what she had to do. Drop the nice act and bring it forth from fear. Marceline hated it, but she couldn't truly allow the girl to walk away without a story from her.

She crept froward, croutched in front of the girl. Her voice dropped to a low hiss, almost inseperable from the wind. She was close enough that the stranger, she hoped, would here. "Look. I've told you everything there is to know about me. And I-should you turn out to truly be from 10, which I don't believe, although on anyone not from the District, or even some from it, you've sold it to believe. Anyways, I will help you. And if you aren't from 10, maybe you can help me," her eyes darted around quickly. "I want nothing more than to get away from this damn place. If you aren't from here, you can help to get me away. I don't want to hurt you-you don't seem younger than my sister would be. You remind me of her, almost of myself, in a way. But, if you can't tell me your story, I can't let you walk away. I will help you, if I can. I've fed you, I've told you about me. I'm no saint, but I won't sell you to the people, Just. Tell. Me." The last words were clipped and threatening, a command more than a request. Becuase Marceline needed to know. She truly did. Almost absentmindly, she noticed the flash of a mockingjay in the dark. She didn't know if it would make this stranger trust her, more willing to confide in her, but it was worth a shot. She sung out a low lullaby in her clear, rugged voice. She hadn't sang in forever-not in front of an audience. It was sacred, an escape. But the song was something. A sign of rebellion. It took only a verse of 'The Hanging Tree' for the lone mockingjay, lost as she was in the dark, to pick it up. She turned back to the girl. "Please. Please trust me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tracked (Mel!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked (Mel!)   Tracked (Mel!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tracked (Mel!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 10-
Jump to: