The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

If even for a day ((Open))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bonnie Bell
District 4
Bonnie Bell

If even for a day ((Open)) Empty
PostSubject: If even for a day ((Open))   If even for a day ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Sitting by the waters edge was a young woman. Brown hair tangled around her face as a soft sea breeze blew by. With her eyes closed she slowly exhaled a long held breath. For the first time, in what seemed like years, she was finally able to take a moment to breath. With a deep inhale of the salty air, she fluttered open her eyes. The light that reflected off of the water almost hurt the pupils as she wiped them dry. It was useless, the tears that had been there before now seemed to form at an almost alarming rate. No, they were not tears of sadness, but more of tears of relief. After emotionally supporting her mother and acting twice her age for such a long time she was finally able to relax, if only for a day.

The girl in question was Bonnie, Bonnie Bell. At the young age of 16 she had found herself needing to take care of the woman whom had given birth to both she and her deceased brother. It wasn't as if her mother didn't work, for she did and harder then most others at the Canning factory, it was that with the stress of the man of the house always at sea fishing and the fact that Jacob, bless his soul, was long gone, it was now up to Bonnie to deal with the daily stresses her mother was not strong enough for. Laundry, cooking, shopping, cleaning, and providing extra income. It was almost too much for the once free spirit to handle.

After a moment of just breathing the young adult looked around for a moment and realized how utterly alone she was. Not only physically, but emotionally as well. When was the last time she had a real conversation with someone? The last time she cracked a smile or laughed? Longer then she cared to remember. Longer then anyone should go. A heavy sigh escaped her lips while she ran her hand through her hair. Thoughts of the friendships she could have forged in the past now ran through her mind as she longingly looked around for someone...anyone she could talk to. If even for a day.
Back to top Go down
Mallory Wendall Freeman
District 4
Mallory Wendall Freeman

PostSubject: Re: If even for a day ((Open))   If even for a day ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Mallory walked the docks, not going anywhere or doing anything in particular. She just felt like this was where she should be right now. Home wasn't exactly the easiest place to be right now with the games and all that. It was just a reminder of her duty she was failing in. This year... it just wasn't the year for her to volunteer. Absolutely no way was she ready. Not yet. Maybe next year would be her time to show her father how proud she could make him but Mallory knew if she walked into the arena this year, she wasn’t coming out again.

Spotting a young girl around her age down one of the piers, she walked over and sat down, bumping her in the shoulder. "You really shouldn't wallow! It's not good for the soul!" she joked light heartedly. "I'm Mallory Freeman. You are Bonnie, right? Bonnie Bell? It's kind of my job to know everyone around here!" Mallory explained with an easy smile, hoping maybe the girl just needed someone to talk to and she would be able to make friends around here
Back to top Go down
Bonnie Bell
District 4
Bonnie Bell

PostSubject: Re: If even for a day ((Open))   If even for a day ((Open)) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Bonnie slowly looks up as she feels her shoulder being bumped. It was as if her prayers for human interaction were answered. There next to her sat a girl about her age, give or take a few years. A small smile appeared on her face as she listened to the girl for a moment. Mallory Freeman was the name she claimed, and it rang a slight bell in her head. She almost recognized her as one of the Careers, much like her brother had been. After a moment Bonnie extended her hand for a shake.

"Mallory Freeman, it is lovely to meet you...er, unless I have met you before, then it is great to see you again. And yes, yes. You are right, I'm Bonnie Bell..." she said stumbling on her words. It had been such a long time since she had had a real conversation, that she had almost forgotten how to even have one. After a moment she took in a small breath of air and then started talking once more, "So Mallory, may I call you Mallory, what brings you out here on this lovely day?", trying her best to make small talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If even for a day ((Open))   If even for a day ((Open)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If even for a day ((Open))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 4-
Jump to: