The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reshia Petty
Tribute
District 4
Score 9
Reshia Petty

The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open Empty
PostSubject: The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open   The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:31 am

Reshia grimaced as she was marched into the Justice Building by two Peacekeepers. Huh. As if she would be any trouble. She bit her lip just before she said something that would make sure the Gamemakers had it in for her. Still, she couldn’t help giving them a dirty glare before they thrust her into a private room. As soon as she was alone, she started thinking what to say. Obviously Tom, her 10 year old brother would need her attention, but how could she say what needed to be said without killing his hope? Hmmn. Before she could dwindle on her thoughts, the door opened and her family stepped in. Tom ran towards her and she opened her arms to pick him up. The two of them stayed in an embrace for a few more seconds before she sat down. Tom climbed onto her knee without any hesitation and curled up in her arms.

“Tom…” she begun before a lump formed in her throat. No. She was a Career; she had to stay strong. “I’ll come back to you, I promise. No matter what happens, I will come back to you. In the meantime, you’ll have to fish with either Mum and Dad, or Zoe. Zoe Swaya, you know the one? She swore to me that she would keep you alive and I believe her. She’ll look after you. And then, before you know it, I’ll be back with you for real. And think! Then, we’ll have a huge house in Victors’ Village, where we can live in luxury all day long.” Reshia finished and held Tom close.

Then she turned to her parents. “Mum… Dad… what can I say? Thank you so much for being here for me all my life. It’s been perfect. Who knows? There’s definitely a chance that I’ll come back. Then I can pay you back for the brilliant life you’ve given me. I love you. Never forget that.” The lot of them came together for one last family hug.
“Reshia,” they said. “You’re strong and you’ve trained for the games. You can beat them. Never give up the hope. We’ll be waiting for you, the day you’ll return.” Reshia nodded, and once again spoke to Tom.
“You’ll be a great fisherman. I can’t wait for the day when I’ll be here to see it.” After that, they sat in silence for a minute before a knock on the door broke the peace. Fearfully, they glanced at one another before the door opened and Zoe crept in. Their faces flooded with relief instantly. Reshia lifted Tom off her knee and hugged Zoe.
“We’d better go now.” Reshia’s parents murmured. “Good luck. Our hearts are with you, as always.” And with that last sentence, her parents and her brother were gone.

“Zoe… I don’t know what to say. It just seems unreal. At least it wasn’t one of your lot. Keep them safe, keep your promise, please. I know you will, it’s just… reassurance, I guess. I’ll try to come back, if I can. I just can’t quite believe that this is happening. What will happen?”
Back to top Go down
Zoe Swaya
District 4
Zoe Swaya

The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open   The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 am

((ooh, just had to post here))

Zoe was shocked. The reaping had most certainly not gone the way she had been expecting, or hoping. She had hoped that some volunteers would have gone, and that would be it. District 4 usually had so many volunteers, the kids who got reaped usually weren't the ones who went into the Arena. So when Reshia had been called, Zoe felt a stab of fear, but silently told herself, Someone's going to volunteer. Of course, when no did, and the Peacekeepers took Reshia and Aft, the other tribute, away, Zoe knew she had to see Reshia, to say good-bye.

Zoe uncertainly walked towards the Justice Building, where the tributes were taken. Did she just walk in? Apparently. There were two Peacekeepers outside the door, probably in case a tribute tried to escape. But they were pretty relaxed. What Career would run away? But as Zoe walked up to the door, they stiffened. They didn't point their guns at her or anything, but it was enough to put Zoe on edge

"I'm here to see Reshia," Zoe said, trying to sound commanding. Her voice came out at little more than a sqeak, and she silently cursed. But the guards just nodded, to let her in, and Zoe crept in silently, in case Reshia had other visitors. She did. Her family was there, and Zoe felt bad for interrupting that. They looked at her as if she was supposed to take them away, but looked relieved at the sight of another person. They left quickly, so they must have already said good-bye.

Zoe's throat contracted, the way it does before you're about to cry, when she thought about the idea that this might be the last time she saw Reshia alive. She was wondering if it was a good idea to come here, when Reshia spoke.

“Zoe… I don’t know what to say. It just seems unreal. At least it wasn’t one of your lot. Keep them safe, keep your promise, please. I know you will, it’s just… reassurance, I guess. I’ll try to come back, if I can. I just can’t quite believe that this is happening. What will happen?” Reshia said, obviously keeping her act together much better than Zoe. Zoe nodded, and wiped her eyes, where tears were starting to form. Reshia was right, she was lucky, and this was unreal. She was going to keep her promise, but hopefully, not forever. That was what prompted her to speak.

"I know, Reshia. I'm going to keep him safe," Zoe began softly. She cleared her throat. She saw what Reshia was trying to do, staying strong, and the least Zoe could do was act the same way. She continued, in a harder voice. "I'm going to tell you what will happen. You're gonna go there, and use your nets for food. You're gonna wow the Capitol, so that they have to be your sponsor. Most of all, you're going to survive, and come back alive. You're going to bring honor to District 4, and you're going to see your family again. And I'll have my friend back," Zoe stated. She wasn't sure if the Peacekeepers could hear her or not, so she added the District 4 part, just to be safe. She didn't care about that, and hopefully Reshia knew it.

There were a lot of things Zoe wanted to say, but she couldn't think of how to say them. "You're gonna win...You know what to do," Zoe said, her voice soft again. She stood up straighter, to avoid breaking down. "Appeal to the tribute, not their weapons...The human mind is the best weapon, for anybody to use," Zoe continued. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to give advice to the tributes, but this wasn't a tribute to her, this was Reshia.

Zoe's five minutes were almost up, but she had one last thing to say. "Goodbye, until we see each other again," Zoe said, her eyes watering. She paused, and gave Reshia a big hug, just to show she cared. She heard the door opening, and pulled away. She wanted to be seen walking out, not being dragged. Reshia needed to look good, and Zoe wasn't going to ruin the image for her. So she held her head up, nodded at the Peacekeepers, and started walking. She turned around, one last time at the door, and waved at Reshia. She was going to survive. She was going to win. And she was going to come back.
Back to top Go down

The last 5 minutes of District 4- Open
Page 1 of 1