The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Golden Nets ((Blush))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoe Swaya
District 4
Zoe Swaya

Golden Nets ((Blush)) Empty
PostSubject: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Zoe hadn't visited the cove since before the reaping. Why? Well, it held too many memories. Reshia had been the one who showed it to her, and they'd become friends. Maybe even best friends. But that had been before the reaping, before Reshia got reaped. Zoe had been watching on the screens, through the bloodbath, and the second day. Reshia had joined the Careers, which made sense, but Zoe felt a bit uneasy about that. Alliances broke up quickly in the Games, and Zoe didn't want Reshia to find that out via a knife in the back. Still, for the moment, it meant food, which was good.

As Zoe hadn't been to the cove, she hadn't had much fish, and hadn't been able to sell any, which meant her family was starving again. This is what forced her to the cove, to collect the traps, which must be bursting with fish right now. As Zoe worked, collecting the food, she tried not to think about anything associated with Reshia. The green vines, a golden net. After a while, Zoe hauled everything back to her family's boat, and started heading back towards District 4.

Zoe made it to the beach, carrying everything she had collected in her hands. But she didn't feel like heading to the market yet. She sat down, plopping everything in the sand. Zoe fingered the dirt brown nets. She had wanted to try something, but ever since Reshia got reaped, had been too scared to try. Zoe dug around one of the empty nets, until she found what she had saved. Golden rope. Zoe began to weave it, into a net, trying to imitate the net she had once seen Reshia use, that was strong, and pretty to boot. She was pretty absorbed in her work, so she didn't hear the footsteps in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Blush Rito
District 4
Blush Rito

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Blush was cleaning the fish guts off his station when he heard the break bell. He quickly threw down his long knife and hose. Since he was still a child at break time he was done from the day. Even though blush cleaned the fish and sliced them open he still enjoyed fishing. There was not much Blush enjoyed so when he found something to do besides fighting he did it. Blush quickly washed himself off and walked out to the beach. He was not sure whether he wanted to fish or swim. After a while Blush decied to go swiming near the cove where he spent his free time. He pulled his shirt of and tossed it into the sand running his hand through his hair.
((horrible first post sorry but i'm on my phone))
Back to top Go down
Blush Rito
District 4
Blush Rito

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 pm

SFTDP
but that was not enough words sorry

Blush began to walk in the area of the cove when he heard something. Blush was not the kind of person who was afraid of anything so he just walk in "and may i ask who are you?." Blush asked zoe. she looked to be around his age maybe older maybe younger he wasn't good with age. She was pretty but blush really didn't care who or what she was or looked like. He finally looked her square in the eyes and gave her a look that sent most running.
Back to top Go down
Zoe Swaya
District 4
Zoe Swaya

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 am

This wasn’t working well for Zoe, making the net. She knew how to make nets, no problem, but the material wasn’t right for her. She hadn’t just found gold rope; she’d had to make it. First, she had had to buy gold thread in the market, and it wasn’t cheap. After buying enough to make ropes, she had had to weave them together, and it hadn’t come out very smooth, like with the regular nets Zoe had made. Now, she was trying to weave knotty gold rope, and even if she succeeded, it wasn’t going to be pretty, like Reshia’s net had been. The only thing Zoe could hope for now was that it would be useable, so she wouldn’t have just wasted all that money, effort, and time.

She kept struggling with the rope, until she saw movement in front of her. It was a person, but Zoe didn’t recognize him. She put the half finished net to the side, and quickly gathered her nets and cages around her, since they were still full of what she had caught. She didn’t know the person, so she didn’t know if he’d try and steal her catch, or at least be curious on where she had caught so much stuff. The guy was shirtless, which Zoe found kinda weird, considering it wasn’t that hot today, but she didn’t question it. The guy had short blond hair, and blue eyes. He asked who Zoe was, then gave her a look, as if he was glaring at her.

“My name’s Zoe,” she said uncertainly, not sure if he wanted her to leave or not. Well, she wasn’t going to, either way. She had been here first, and she was doing something, and she wasn’t ready to go to the market yet. Once she got to the market, one of her siblings would probably see her, then she’d have to go home, then she’d have chores, and she wouldn’t have time to work on the net until the next day, which she didn’t want. She wanted to work on it now, and she wasn’t going to let someone stop her. “And you are?” she asked, breaking eye contact with him, so she could grab the rope and finished net. She started working on it again, keeping her eyes trained on the net, so she wouldn’t have to see him again. She could tell he was still here, so after a little bit, Zoe looked up again. “Is there something you want?” she asked, trying not to sound rude, but still curious.
Back to top Go down
Blush Rito
District 4
Blush Rito

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Blush looked around trying to find his shirt. Then he remembered he had thrown it in the sand. He crossed his arms over his chest. It wasn't that he was self conscious in fact he was the opposite. Even though he was comfortable in his body he had a farmers tan he was trying to get rid of. He ran almost everyday but he was not a showoff who ran shirtless. Well he was a showoff but not all the time. He looked up and the girl and then saw her catch “I’m Blush and I’m not here to steal you fish if that’s what you are thinking” he looked around and then saw the net she was weaving, it was not the prettiest net even though it was gold.
He laughed at the site of the net and then relised it was rude. He looked up and smiled his winning smile towards her. He really only smiled when he had to, or in weird situations like he was in. He went and sat down on a rock parallel to the girl. He was not used to people being in his cove not that it was his just he had always thought of it that way. He examined the girl and decided she was pretty. It didn’t matter to Blush what anyone looked like it was whether that got on his nerves or not and so far this girl was okay.
He decided to say something to make it less awkward “So do you come here often?” Blush said before thinking. He then buried his head in his hands. “I mean…its.” Blush gave up and trying to speak and just waited for her to responded to his dumb self. He shook his head to get sand out of his hair. He waited and then spoke again “That net its….” He tried to think of a nice word to describe the net “gold” he smiled again.
Back to top Go down
Zoe Swaya
District 4
Zoe Swaya

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Zoe continued struggling through the net, sometimes getting somewhere, other times having to undo everything she did since it turned out too knotty, or too loose. She was getting a bit frustrated, but told herself to chill; it wasn’t like she needed this net. It would just be a nice addition, and maybe remind her of Reshia, however unlikely it was that she’d survive the Games. She got absorbed in one giant knot that refused to go away, and nearly forgot that the guy was still here, until she happened to look up, and saw him still standing, with his arms crossed over his chest.

She was about to awkwardly say something, maybe point out that his shirt was lying abandoned on the sand when he spoke, saying he was Blush and he wasn’t going to steal her fish. “Well, that’s good, I worked hard to get that fish,” Zoe said, just to say something, and not sit on the ground mutely. When Blush laughed at her net, Zoe was going to reply with something back, but he must have realized what he did, and stopped, and smiled instead. Zoe, a bit surprised at his change in attitude, smiled uncertainly back, before turning back to her net.

She finally managed to undo the knot, and started retying it again, in an effort to salvage the net. She’d be lucky if she’d be able to use it, which seemed unlikely at this point. Blush had taken a seat in front of her, and was staring at her, which made her slightly uncomfortable. She shifted a bit before settling down again. She gave a small smile when he asked if she came here. “Ah, I’ve just been coming here for a few weeks, fishing,” she said with a shrug. She put the net down and motioned at her nets, which were scattered around here. “I don’t think I’ve seen you around, and I’m here every day,” Zoe continued curiously, looking back at him, studying him. She had seen him in the market before, when she sold her fish, but that was it, at least, she was pretty sure.

Zoe gave a small laugh when Blush seemed embarrassed, and buried his head in his hands. “It’s fine,” she reassured, leaning forward, and patting him on the shoulder with her fingertips, since she barely reached. When Blush trailed off about the net, Zoe decided to speak. “Horrible? Useless? Ugly?” she supplied, to substitute the word that was missing. When he said gold, Zoe nodded approvingly. “Guess we’re both right,” she said, deciding that she liked Blush. He might be rude at first, but then he got nicer, and she found it cute that he got embarrassed like that.

“I think I’ll give up on the net for now,” Zoe said with a sigh, as she picked up the net again. Instead of working on it, she folded it up neatly, and put it in a basket that was carrying some empty nets. She then set about removing the fish from the nets, and putting it in the baskets. After that, she put the empty net into the first basket. There were a lot of nets, since the cove was full of fish, so this was going to take Zoe some time, unless she got some help. “Would you mind helping me pack up?” she asked Blush, motioning towards the remaining nets as she continued emptying one out of fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Nets ((Blush))   Golden Nets ((Blush)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Nets ((Blush))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: The Districts :: District 4 :: Beach/Ocean-
Jump to: