The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Katherine Beck

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Ask away I guess ^^'

Name: Katherine Beck

Member of: District 12

If your from the Capitol what profession are you?: -

(Down must must at least 5 sentences)
Appearance:
Kat has a not so long honey colored hair, its very soft and healthy even though she doesn't takes good care of it, usually up in a pony-tail. Her eyes are green with some brown spots, they are the doors to her emotions, giving her an innocent look. Kat's skin stone is a fair white, not so pale but not so tanned either.

Personality:
Katherine is a young girl who is very shy. She hides from people who seem mean, and hides from people who seem nice too. Her smiles are a rare treat and mostly given only to her father and her cat. Nobody can tell what she's thinking, sneaky and mysterious, exactly like a cat. Behind that mantle of mystery two things hide, the first: a beautiful singing voice and the second: a very intelligent 13 year old girl who likes to make ridiculous theories.

History:
Kat was born 3 years after the rebellion, with the Hunger Games established already. Even so, she cant get used to the idea of watching tributes kill each other. The simple thought of blood makes her dizzy.

She lives with her father, Lucas, who refuses to talk about her mother and gets very sad each time she's mentioned during the meals. Kat doesn't understand why, but she stopped asking years ago. Her father is an excellent coal miner, and he has the Seam look on him, the opposite of his daughter.

One day when Kat was 8, she started crying. Saying, between sobs, that she was very lonely when daddy left. After Lucas worked his magic and ended up making his daughter laugh, he left for work. On his way back he found a kitten, lost and small, he ended up bringing it back home. Making her a present for his daughter.

Kat felt instantly for the kitten, smiling she named her Never, because ¨She'll never leave me¨, now Kat and Never cant be separated, where Kat goes, Never follows.

But there is one place where Never can't follow, The Hunger Games, she may be chosen in the reaping this year, she is 12 now after all.

RP sample:
Kat stared hungrily at the bread of the shop through the crystal, there was little distance between her and the delicious freshly baked food. Her tummy ached, but father promised food tonight, till then she has to wait. Never meowed impatiently, the tabby cat was staring at the bread too. “No good Never, no bread for us today” she picked her up slowly, stroking the cats head softly. Never purred and Kat sat down, Her legs giving away, a random thought hit her: since she was sitting in front of the shop the bread lady ought to come out soon and tell her to leave. It may be because grown-ups dislike children siting in front of their shops, or maybe the bread lady doesn't like cats, or perhaps siting here makes the shop less attractive, so complicated.

Back to top Go down
Charlotte Amsel
District 10
Charlotte Amsel

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 pm

1. Does the absence of a mother affect Kat in any way?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:06 am

1. Does the absence of a mother affect Kat in any way?
Having no mother obviously affects a growing child. In Kat's case it made her feel lonelier. She also developed a need for love, clouded by her shyness and uncertainty, ultimately insecurity. This also contributed to her antisocial behavior, always observing, never approaching.
Back to top Go down
Ashley Trinket
Capitol
Ashley Trinket

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:37 pm

1. How does Katherine survive all alone, being scared of everyone, no matter how they treat her?

2. Is Never maybe some sort of connection to having a mother, in some way for Katherine?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 pm

1. How does Katherine survive all alone, being scared of everyone, no matter how they treat her?
Kat struggles with surviving, like you said, she's scared of everyone. But she manages, usually talking to herself or her cat when she has a problem, even though this is not healthy, its a way of solving the trouble that torments her. She's used to being alone, most of her life has been that way, so she learned how to survive. She may not like it much, but it's all she knows. Partly this is the reason why she's scared of everyone, she taught herself how to survive alone not how to interact or make friends. She has considered talking to someone else, but out of fear of trying something new, she leaves the idea immediately.

2. Is Never maybe some sort of connection to having a mother, in some way for Katherine?
Not exactly a mother, but definitely close. Having so much love to give and no one to receive it, Kat started giving it all to Never. Turning Never into her only companion, the tabby is also a way of remembering her absent father, she was a present from him after all.

Sorry it took so long, I had to think about the answer for days *.* good questions Smile .

Back to top Go down
Ashley Trinket
Capitol
Ashley Trinket

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:07 pm

It's okay for the wait. Those are really great answers, though!
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello, Kat! I have some more questions for you~!

1. What kinds of theories does Kat make? Can you give a couple examples of some of her theories?

2. What is Kat's relationship with her father like? What kinds of things do they do together?

3. How well off is Kat's family economically? Has she had to take any tesserae?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Good questions ^^

1. What kinds of theories does Kat make? Can you give a couple examples of some of her theories?
This are fun to make. It depends on the situation you place her, most of them always mention a "dislike for cats".

Example one, the bread shop: (from the RP sample)
Since she was sitting in front of the shop the bread lady ought to come out soon and tell her to leave. It may be because grown-ups dislike children siting in front of their shops, or maybe the bread lady doesn't like cats, or perhaps siting here makes the shop less attractive, so complicated.

Example two, Peacekeepers and presents:
Kat stared at the Peacekeepers from a safe distance. She looked at the bread shop... What would a Peacekeeper do is they gave him a piece of bread?...
Are they allowed to take presents from people?, for starters, no one would like to give them a present... if they did, is probably because they did something for them. I highly doubt it.
But then, if you give them presents they wont bother you as much. Hunters get bothered a lot. If the Peacekeeper accepted the present, how would the giver react? Happy for the peacekeeper? Angry, or surprised? The third is the most likely one. Maybe they know each other...
You know what... never mind...

2. What is Kat's relationship with her father like? What kinds of things do they do together?
Well, a good definition of their relationship would be "The loyal daughter to an absent father", she loves him, and he loves her, but due to their economic situation Lucas has to work a lot. Still, Kat tries to understand this, not fully succeeding. Even though Kat would never ever come to hate father. He's the only person she's not scared of, and her only family. So she loves him, but he's not there for her.

Something they do together is eating, dinner is a time of being together for both of them, and after that he tucks her in bed. Even so, at times she falls asleep without seeing him. Another thing they do together is hang around, either in their house or town, in Sundays. Lucas day off work. Kat greatly treasures this day, and she's always eager for it to come.

3. How well off is Kat's family economically? Has she had to take any tesserae?
Kat's family is poor, they don't struggle much to get food on their table. Lucas works all day at the mines, with the pay its enough to feed an adult and a child. They don't eat much, just the necessary, and at times they don't eat for a day. Kat doesn't complain though, she loves bread and food, but what her father brings home is enough.

She just turned twelve, so she couldn't take any tesserae before. This matter is being highly discussed inside her head, she wants to take it to help her dad, but she's so scared of being picked for the games. Its a constant debate inside her head. This matter hasn't been talked with Lucas, they probably will soon.
Back to top Go down
Shine Sieve
District 1
Shine Sieve

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:51 pm

1. Does Katherine watch the hunger games? If so, is there a particular moment that burned into her head?

2. How does her shyness affect her at school? Is she bullied? Ignored?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

1. Does Katherine watch the hunger games? If so, is there a particular moment that burned into her head?
She despises the games, and as mentioned before, the thought of blood makes her dizzy. So, usually she tries to avoid watching them, when she doesn't have an option she tries to ignore them by staing off at space. At times she just can't help it, so she watches. Various moments of the Hunger Games, but specially when kids around her age get killed, at times she even has nightmares about this, just that in her dream, she's the victim.

2. How does her shyness affect her at school? Is she bullied? Ignored?
Well, she tries to avoid any contact with other humans, so to speak. Even if you try to bully her, she'll slip away with her cat-like movements, and to tell you the truth, the poor girl couldn't care less about what they say. About being ignored, more like she ignores them, if you try to talk to her, she'll find an excuse and leave, so people usually don't mind her yet they don't bother her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Katherine Beck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katherine Beck   Katherine Beck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katherine Beck
Page 1 of 1