The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Streebell Rosling
District 8
Streebell Rosling

A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} Empty
PostSubject: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:56 am

The crowds and riots had died down and Streebell, Hazon, and Charlie wound their way through the narrow alley ways near Dogar's warehouse to get back to their home. They needed to stay out of sight. They might have been out of the sight of the mob of Peace Keepers that had raided the warehouse, but there were still one or two hanging around the place. Streebell's cut wasn't so deep, but it was still hurting badly and made her limp when she walked. She was cursing it silently when she was grabbed and pulled away from Hazon and Charlie who were walking beside her. She tried to scream but a hand covered her mouth. Charlie turned around and grabbed Hazon. Streebell struggled.

"Shhh, calm down," a familiar voice whispered, "Are you trying to draw attention to yourself because, trust me, that's not the wisest thing to do right now." Streebell stopped resisting as Dogar led her and Hazon and Charlie into a darker alley where they wouldn't be heard or seen.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Streebell complained.

"Sorry for the inconvenience," Dogar rolled his eyes. "There's something you guys should know. All of you. There's a reason those Peace Keepers busted the fight club. It's not just because they had nothing better to do. They were looking for someone."

"Who?" Streebell interrupted him.

He looked at her meaningfully. "Were you aware that the reaping was today?"

Oh, please no. Streebell thought, Please, please no! Streebell went pale and she couldn't feel her limbs anymore. This was her worst fear. To be chosen for the Hunger Games meant death. She couldn't be chosen. She just couldn't. "We were aware." She said with a shaky voice. Honestly, her and Hazon had skipped almost every reaping that had ever taken place since they met. Not going made it feel more like it wasn't real. But they couldn't pretend anymore. "Who?" Streebell choked out waiting for the answer that she dreaded most.

Dogar looked over her shoulder. "Hazon, I'm sorry," he said sadly, "you've been chosen to compete in the Hunger Games. The Peace Keepers raided the warehouse looking for you."
Back to top Go down
Hazon Curchaw

Hazon Curchaw

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 am

Something that probably should have surprised Hazon but really didn't was that his first thought was of Charlie. He was going to be in the Hunger Games and the likelyhood was that he would never see her face again. The pain in his chest came back as this thought hit him. His next thought was Streebell. She'll be heartbroken. He wouldn't see her again either. His best friend in the world . . . His last thought in that moment was that they should all be out of sight immediately.

Without looking at either of them, he grabbed Charlie and Streebell and towed both of them the rest of the way to their apartment. When they were inside, Hazon shut the door and closed all the blinds. He turned to see Streebell sitting on the couch with a completely blank expression, just staring into space. He slowly walked over to her and kneeled down to meet her eye level.

"Streeb . . . ?" he searched her eyes for something, anything. "Streebell? Talk to me."

Her eyes focused. "What do you want me to say?" she asked calmly.

Hazon's brow furrowed and he lifted his hand to her face to sweep some hair out of her eyes. Then he embraced her in a hug as she broke down crying. "Say, 'I'll see you when you win and come home, Haze.'" he suggested.

The sobbing Streebell pulled back from his embrace to look him in the eye. "I'll see you when you win and come home, Haze." She went into an even more violent fit of tears and stood up and ran into her room. Hazon stared at the place where she had just been sitting, then slowly stood up.

He turned his head to look at Charlie. The pain came back, more intense this time as he looked into her eyes. There was only one positive thing he could think of in that moment. The only ray of sunshine that he felt while looking at the girl he had loved since the moment he saw her, even if he hadn't realized it until that moment. It was the only thing he could think of, so it was the only thing he said to her.

"I'm so glad it wasn't you."
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Corvus
District 8
Charlotte Corvus

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Charlie felt numb the entire way home as Hazon dragged them there as fast as he could, Anubis panting to keep up. Now he sat between her legs very protectively as if he could tell something was wrong. She sat on the couch, unable to say anything. This loss was one she had been fearing to feel ever since she was a little girl. All she ever had in the world were her brothers, although only one is now eligible for it he wouldn't be soon, and she was sure he hadn't gotten it seeing as she wasn't being dragged home by her ears by now. She had forgotten to prepare herself for this, she hadn't put up the walls necessary for these things. Her guard had been down and as a result she had gotten the air knocked out of her by the sheer knowledge of what was to come.

Not going to cry she told herself Not not not not not not... was all she could think. But he looked at her. Hazon, the boy who had reluctantly taken her in, who had put up with her dog, whom she had know all of 48 hours but felt like they could go into war together, was going to be killed. Her soft eyes burned with tears as she returned his gaze, and she noticed something strange in it. What it was she couldn't tell, she had never seen it before.

"I'm so glad it wasn't you." was all he said to her, half of her wanted to hit him and the other half kiss him

"Me or not me isn't the point..." she started, she could do lot more than cry at this point "Point is you....you are going, you are going and...and-" she couldn't finish, she screwed up her face trying to keep the tears back but she couldn't help it. She didn't care what he thought, she bit her lip as silent tears poured from her eyes that could only look at him. Anubis nuzzled his head into her leg, was he crying to? No dogs couldn't cry could they? She tried to swallow but her throat was tightening as she fought the tears, she closed her eyes and looked away and smiled bitterly.

"At least they will have better food in the capitol." her hand placed softly on Anubis's head who was pleased with any sort of affection.

Back to top Go down
Hazon Curchaw

Hazon Curchaw

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 am

Hazon watched as the tears rolled down her cheeks as she turned away. He walked over to her and caught her in a tight embrace and held her there for a while. Something she had said was bothering him.

"But, the point . . ." he paused for a moment and pulled back to look her in the eye. She wouldn't turn her head towards him so he turned it for her and held her face in his hands. "The point is you." Despite himself, Hazon actually smiled. "Charlie, I love you. That makes all the difference. I am going. I know for a fact that I am going to win for you. I'll try to make it quick so I can get back sooner." Hazon felt confident in his lie, but just to make sure Charlie felt confident in it as well, or at least to distract her if she saw through it, he pulled her face close to his and let his lips press against hers.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Corvus
District 8
Charlotte Corvus

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 am

He hugged her and she hugged him back and she didn't want to let go she wanted to stay there with her head buried in her shoulder for the rest of for ever but she knew she couldn't, and that made her angry and sad, she wanted to go hit something and then cry into her pillow. She did neither and stayed there letting him hold her and for a second that was all she was aware of.

He was smiling at her, he was handsome when he smiled and Charlie couldn't help but return it "Charlie, I love you. That makes all the difference. I am going. I know for a fact that I am going to win for you. I'll try to make it quick so I can get back sooner." she stood for a moment, startled.
She felt vulnerable now, even though she wasn't he one who had said it, she felt like she should go hide in a closet but before she could say or do anything in reaction he was kissing her. Her lips tensed but softened as she realized what was happening. She felt the electrisity spark through her body and her finger tips. She could hear Anubis growl in protest but she didn't care, if anything it made her smile. No reason, no rationing with herself she just kissed him. The boy was going to die and that made her want to kiss him harder, it wasn't fair. She brought her arms up around his neck and pulled him closer, she loved him. Suddenly she felt a burning in her chest and that made more tears spill out onto her cheeks and Hazon's shirt and she pulled away.

"I'm...sorry." she managed and she avoided his gaze but lay her head on his chest "I wish we could have gone together." she whispered finally and realized this was true.

All those years fearing her or her brothers being chosen and risking death for all of them she wished she could take the girl from district 8's place and be with him, she could see through his lie and she didn't care, she wished they were home, all of them. Streeb, Hazon, Anubis, her brothers. She wished they could all be back in district 10 living in a house never worrying about the games or starving or fighting or anything. But it wasn't that way and it never would be, and the thought of that made Charlie's face darken.
Back to top Go down
Streebell Rosling
District 8
Streebell Rosling

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:01 am

Streebell walked out of the room now that she had gotten her fit of tears under control only to be met by another pair of teary eyes. Charlie's puffy red eyes met Streebell's and then Streebell looked to Hazon, who's face was downcast but . . . hopeful? No, that wasn't the right word. Hazon even looked like he knew that he was marked for death. He kind of looked like he was . . . glowing.

Great. Him and Charlie finally realized how right they were for each other. Of course it happened now.

Hazon broke away from Streebell's gaze to mutter something to Charlie. It sounded like, "Streebell wouldn't have let you."

Streebell didn't get it, but she didn't care. She rushed to Hazon and caught him in a hug. "What now?" she asked, genuinely wondering what was going to happen from here on out.

"I don't know." Hazon answered honestly. "Whatever happens, I love ya, kid. Don't get killed while I'm gone."

The tears were starting to come back again. "I wish I could say the same thing to you." Streebell just stood there for a while while her best freind, her big brother held her there. Her best friend that would be dead in a matter of months.

Suddenly, a loud banging at the door broke the silence. "Open the door!" A strange voice broke in, "Unlock this door immediately and none of you will be killed!"

"Streebell," Hazon commanded in a low, intense voice, "Hide Charlie, now!"

Streebell grabbed Charlie by the wrist and dragged her into the bedroom. She shoved her through the door way and slammed the door in front of her, leaving Streebell in the room with Hazon.

Just as the door shut, five Peace Keepers burst through the doors and two grabbed Hazon by each arm. It took all of the other three to restrain Streebell. Hazon didn't resist at all.

"No!" Streebell called as the two Peace Keepers led Hazon out the door.

Hazon turned his head and Streebell looked into her best friend's eyes one last time. "Streeb," he coaxed, "It's okay." Briefly, he looked to the door that Charlie was hiding behind. Then, he gave Streebell one last smile as the other three Peace Keepers relesed her and shut the door behind them. Then, he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Corvus
District 8
Charlotte Corvus

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Charlie tried to fight away from Streebell but God dammit that girl was strong! She easily over powered Charlie pushing into what ever room she was in, Charlie didn't care. She tried to bang on the door and scream for them to let her out but her voice wouldn't come, it was probably stuck somewhere in her stomach where a cold knot was forming yet again. Tears wouldn't come any more, and infact Charlie refused to cry any more, she wouldn't give them that satisfaction.

She heard them take him away and he told Streeb it was o.k. NO! Charlie thought This is the furthest thing from o.k., this is anti-o.k., if o.k. had an evil twin this would be it. Her heart wrentched in agony as she knew he was leaving, gone, never for them to speak again. He kissed her, she never got to tell him she loved him, and now he was essentially on death row. Damn you boys! Charlie laughed bitterly at herself as she was crouched on her knees next to the door. She rested her head against it and shut her eyes tight, wishing the world away. Anubis scratched at it whining to come in and see his owner, but she doubted she could even open the door.

She knew if she where to ask Hazon why he had Streeb put her in here he would say because he didn't want her to get caught, but as true as that may be, over all she was sure it was because he didn't want her to see him dragged away, with out a fight. Charlie swore, if Streeb hadn't put her in here she would have punched the nearest one right in the face....maybe he was right putting her in here. Slowly, when she heard the door close, pushed herself up and opened the door peering out.

She saw Streeb and resisted the urge to race over to her and just hug her. Anubis came to Charlie's side and excitedly licked her hand but she dismissed it, Some guard dog she thought with a sour smile. She walked over to Streeb and hugged her, lightly, like the small Charlie was going to crush the strong skirmish happy Streeb, but she hugged her lightly any way. She didn't want to crush any thing else in her life. Looking at Streeb she gave her a weak half smile.

"Streeb." she said softly "Do you wanna come meet my family?"

Back to top Go down
Streebell Rosling
District 8
Streebell Rosling

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Streebell stared at the door with a blank, vacant expression. There was nothing on her face to give away the internal agony she was feeling. She barely noticed Charlie's arms wrap around her a light hug, but she didn't react. She just kept staring at the door. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Charlie look at her and Streebell thought she might have smiled. She couldn't be sure. She wasn't paying attention, she was staring at the door.

"Streeb," Charlie's timid voice broke the silence, "Do you wanna come meet my family?"

Streebell blinked. Hazon was everything to her. Hazon was her family, her life. Charlie may have been in love with Hazon, but she had others. She had more people to love. Streebell didn't.

But, now Charlie was willing to share the people left that she cared about with Streebell . . .

Slowly Streebell turned and looked Charlie in the eye. She choked back her pain for half a second so that she could manage a coherent response. "Yeah," Streebell replied simply. She was afraid that if she said more, she would burst into more tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}   A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Means to an End {open to Hazon and Charlie}
Page 1 of 1