The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Narcissa Scamander

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Name: Narcissa Scamander

What district: Capitol

If your from the Capitol what profession are you?: Stylist-in-Training

Personality: Narcissa is very opinionated, and is stubborn when people disagree with her. She is a very hard worker, and has precision focus when working on things, especially when she’s designing clothes. She can be very stand-offish with people that aren’t of her social class, and she’s self-centered. Becoming a friend of hers is difficult, but once you do, she tones down the attitude and the narcissism. She’s intelligent and very witty, and sarcasm is her second language. She can be sweet and kind when she wants to be, but she REALLY has to want to be nice. It just doesn’t come naturally to her.
She loves watching The Games, because she knows she’ll never be a part of it, except for when she’ll become a Stylist. She loves watching the interviews so she can get ideas for outfits.

Appearance: Narcissa has grey-green eyes, and long dark brown hair. She stands about 5’ 5” tall, and is very skinny. She has impeccably manicured nails, and bright white teeth. Her skin is perfectly clear, and she has no scars. Her hair always looks perfect, and she dresses in very nice clothing.
She may be skinny, but she is, by no means, in shape. She is not athletic in the slightest, and actually cringes at the thought of anything having to do with athleticism.

History: Narcissa was born and raised in The Capitol, and never left it. She has two brothers, one older and one younger. She first got interested in being a stylist when she saw her first Hunger Games when she was little, and the rest is history. She can draw very well, and has sketchbooks full of clothing sketches.
She grew up with a privileged childhood, and had everything handed to her on a silver platter.

RP sample: Narcissa sat in her bedroom, drawing out another masterpiece in her sketchbook. Her window was open, letting in the warm summer breeze. The bustle of the Capitol buzzed outside, lulling Narcissa into her “zone”. Her pencil scurried across the paper, making smooth lines just the way she wanted them.
“Narcissa!” her mother called. She scoffed at her mother’s voice, but continued drawing.
“Narcissa!” Her mother repeated.
“WHAT?!” She shouted back, now thoroughly annoyed her drawing time was being interrupted.
“What would you like for dinner?”
“I don’t care, Mother. Make whatever you want!” Narcissa snapped as she turned her focus back to her drawing. She was so focused, she didn’t even notice her 13 year old brother, Rupert, sneak into her room. She had just drawn the basic outline for the dress when a glass of water was suddenly poured on her head.
“RUPERT! GET OUT!!!!” She screamed at him as she stood up, grabbed one of her slippers, and chased him out of the room. She threw the slipper at him as he ran out, laughing all the way.
“KEEP IT DOWN!” Their mother shouted from the kitchen. Narcissa scoffed and went back into her room. She picked up her sketchbook to assess the damage. Water had completely saturated a good portion of her book, and her brand new drawing was completely ruined.
‘I cannot wait to get out of this house.’ She thought as she sat on her bed, getting ready to fix what her brother ruined.
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:11 pm

1. What is Narcissa's relationship like with each of her family members?

2. What kinds of things make Narcissa want to be nice to someone?

3. What kind of traits does Narcissa admire in people? What are her friends like?
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:37 pm

1. What is Narcissa's relationship like with each of her family members?
She used to respect her family, but now she's grown to resent them. She wants nothing more than to reach adulthood and be able to move out on her own. She loathes her mother and her younger brother more than her older brother and her father. Her mother keeps her on a very short leash, and Narcissa feels restrained under her roof. Her father is a lot more lenient with her, and she's thankful for that. Her older brother doesn't really register on her radar; he doesn't live with the family anymore, but he comes over every so often. Rupert, her younger brother, annoys her to no end, and ruins her sketches a lot, which makes her livid.

To be honest, not much. Usually if she's nice to someone, she believes she has something to gain from it. Obviously, her trainer is one of the only people she's nice to. She's nicer to her father, because he doesn't try to keep her on a short leash.

3. What kind of traits does Narcissa admire in people? What are her friends like?
She admires status more than traits; those higher up in the social ladder are more likely to register on her radar. Traits she admires are cunning, ambition and downright ruthlessness.
Her friends are just as shallow as she is, and gossip runs like water in their little circle.
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 am

1. What kinds of things does Narcissa's mom do to keep her on a short leash?

2. Who is Narchissa's trainer? How did Narcissa meet her trainer? What kinds of things do they do to train?

3. Has Narcissa ever been the subject of gossip in her circle of friends? If so, what was it and how did she feel about it? If not, has she ever started gossip? Why?
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 pm

1. What kinds of things does Narcissa's mom do to keep her on a short leash?
She doesn't let Narcissa do anything, unless she begs and begs and begs. She can't go hang out with friends unless her mother knows who she's going with, where she's going, what time she'll be back, etc. It annoys Narcissa that her mom basically doesn't trust her.

2. Who is Narcissa's trainer? How did Narcissa meet her trainer? What kinds of things do they do to train?
Narcissa's trainer's name is Collins. She met him because she mailed him some of her designs every day for a week, and he came and found her after he started getting annoyed with all of the mail. He flipped through her sketchbook, and thought she showed promise as a stylist.
He critiques her sketches for her, and teaches her about different fabrics and stitching/binding techniques. He also shows her how to work unconventional things like pyrotechnics into her designs. When Collins has a Tribute to style, she gets to help him with the process.

3. Has Narcissa ever been the subject of gossip in her circle of friends? If so, what was it and how did she feel about it? If not, has she ever started gossip? Why?
Narcissa doesn't know if she's been the subject of gossip...it's supposed to be a secret, right? Smile
She starts gossip a lot, just to get the rumor mill spinning. She likes being in the know, and knowing other people's secrets is her cup of tea.

Edit: I wanted to change my answers/elaborate on a couple questions:
Ever heard the song "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"?
Consider that her theme song.
I liken her personality to that of the Grinch, in a way. She's spiteful, shallow, and can be a downright unpleasant person to be around. But, like the Grinch when he was lying to Cindy Lou Who about the Christmas tree, Narcissa can lie and wear a "niceness mask" very successfully. That's how she has friends, and continues to work with Collins.

3. What kind of traits does Narcissa admire in people?
She admires status more than traits; those higher up in the social ladder are more likely to register on her radar. Traits she admires are cunning, ambition and downright ruthlessness.
[i]She also admires people with a thirst for power. She sort of has a thirst for power, but in an unconventional way. She thinks that stylists have a different kind of power, and she wants it. The power to make or break a Tribute's future in the Games starts with how they're styled, and Narcissa loves it.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:39 pm

1. When and if Narcissa achieves her dream of being a stylist for the Hunger Games, which District will she be a stylist for? Why?

2. What kind of clothes does Narcissa design?

3. If Narcissa's dream of being a stylist doesn't work out, what does she want to do?
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 1:52 pm

1. When and if Narcissa achieves her dream of being a stylist for the Hunger Games, which District will she be a stylist for? Why?
She'll take whichever District she gets. Obviously, she knows she'll probably get stuck with District 12 when she first starts out, since new Stylists usually are given 12.

2. What kind of clothes does Narcissa design?
She designs beautiful gowns and exquisite suits. All of her pieces are works of art, and she itches to get Tributes so she can bring them to life.

3. If Narcissa's dream of being a stylist doesn't work out, what does she want to do?
For Narcissa, failure is not an option. She will achieve her goal no matter what it takes. (And by that, she means ANYTHING.)
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:37 pm

I love the edits you made a few posts ago. Keep up the awesome answers~

1. Is there a particular district Narcissa hopes to eventually be the stylist for? If so, what is it about that district that appeals to her? If not, why not?

2. Has Narcissa considered the fact that almost all of the tributes she will design for are going to die? How does she feel about that?

3. Why did Narcissa choose Collins as the person she mailed all of her designs to? What does she like about him?
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:22 pm

April Adams wrote:
I love the edits you made a few posts ago. Keep up the awesome answers~
Thanks! I like them too! I've never written a character like this before, so this will be interesting!

1. Is there a particular district Narcissa hopes to eventually be the stylist for? If so, what is it about that district that appeals to her? If not, why not?
She would love to style District 1. Since they make the luxury items for the Capitol, she would be able to use expensive fabric, precious gems and metals, and other things to make THEM look like luxury items.

2. Has Narcissa considered the fact that almost all of the tributes she will design for are going to die? How does she feel about that?
As horrible as it is to say, yes, and she honestly doesn't care.
(I'm hoping) she will take it a little more to heart when she leaves Collins and paves her own career path.

3. Why did Narcissa choose Collins as the person she mailed all of her designs to? What does she like about him?
She had been following Collins' designs from his first Games. She loved his style, and his cool demeanor. She also likes that he doesn't let the Tributes get attached to him, so saying goodbye isn't difficult to do. His work ethic is also something she admires: he works and works until everything gets done, and is absolutely perfect.
Back to top Go down
April Adams
District 1
April Adams

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:46 am

I'm so sorry for the long delay! Here are some more questions~!

1. How does Narcissa feel about school? What are her grades like? What is her favorite subject?

2. Why does Narcissa want to be a stylist for the Hunger Games, as opposed to designing clothes for other Capitol citizens?

3. Would you say that Narcissa is a perfectionist? Is her work ethic the same as Collins's? Can you give an example of a time when she did or did not work hard on something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Narcissa Scamander Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissa Scamander   Narcissa Scamander I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissa Scamander
Page 1 of 1