The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

January Competition!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Willow Fidele
Admin
District 11
Avox
Willow Fidele

January Competition! Empty
PostSubject: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi everyone!

This month for the competition, we will be writing short stories/fan-fiction. Everyone is allowed to enter and write their own story, however, the story must be about the Hunger Games/Panem and must be accurate according to this site or the book. Meaning that the underground railroad that is part of the main plot for this site is allowed to be in your fan-fiction, but aliens and UFOs are not allowed. Basically, you just have to follow the general storyline when you write your story and then submit it!

The final day to submit your stories is January 25th.

The competition will be judged by everyone! A poll will be set up on the 25th so all entries can be seen before you cast your vote. We will be using an honour code: don't vote yourself and only use one character to place your vote. The poll will be up until the 31st.

The winner will be officially announced by February 15th

Happy Writing!

--The Staff
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltholywatergunscheck.tumblr.com
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm

- a year after Mockingjay's (third book) ending

a young male walked the streets of the newly built district 12, he was in his early 20's and walked around with hunting rifle strapped to his back. he was headed to the forest for the reopening of public hunting grounds for the citizens of Panem. allot had changed since after the rebellion that freed its people from the evil tyrant like president Snow. he walked up to a small building with a sign that read "hunting registration" in bold letters on the door. he opened the door to find himself the only one there besides a man behind a desk to his right. thhe man was part of the new group of forest rangers.

Young Male: um... i would like to register for this years hunting season.

Ranger: ok which weapon of use, crossbow or Bow hunting.

Young male: Excuse me sir but did you say crossbow or bow only.

Ranger: yes son, all firearms are for self-defense or war, bows and crossbows are for hunting now.

Young male: okay, *puts gun on table* ill trade this in for a bow today.

the ranger stood up and inspected the weapon for ammo and Id's, a ID card was taped to the butt of the gun.

Ranger: Mason Wolf?

Mason: the fourth.

Ranger: ah yes i have your tag right here, and your rental bow.

the ranger hands mason his tag and bow including its sheath of Arrows. the bow was a well constructed recurve bow.

Mason: thanks, i haven't shot one of these in years.

Ranger: your welcome, just remember no more than one deer.

Mason: gotcha.

mason exited the building with his Rental bow and Arrows on his body. he left for the woods as he saw the young children of the two famous Hungergame survivors

Mason: howdy kiddos, tell your parents to take care!

Kids of Peeta & Katniss: okay Mr.Wolf

he continued walking untill he got to the deepest part of the woods, he began to tie yellow ribbons to trees every two feet, he came up to the lake to see a nice 12 point white-tailed buck not for from him drinking from the lake. mason inserted a arrow into the string of his bow and pulled back. just as he began to let go a arrow flew through the branches of the trees and his the deer in the neck. he slowly put the arrow back and looked at the deer. he stepped out of his hiding place and stood next to the deer looking up at the tree the arrow came out of to see the only person around who could be a sureshot.

not finished yet
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Oh no!! I had 1000 words written and it was erased during a blackout Dx I hope I have time to re-write it before it's too late!
Back to top Go down
Willow Fidele
Admin
District 11
Avox
Willow Fidele

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:59 pm

We are extending the submission date to Febuary 1st!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltholywatergunscheck.tumblr.com
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:02 pm

In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. -Robert Frost

It was cold. Cold and dark and wet. And empty. Oh, yes, so very empty. And she was alone. Again.

Where she was, she did not know. Who had put her here, she had neither the energy nor desire to find. She just wanted it all to go away.

She was still alone, though. No matter how much she tried to picture someone, something there, she couldn’t. It was too dark, forever enclosing her. She didn’t know where she was, or what she was doing there.

No, that was a lie. She knew exactly what she was doing there.

She reached up and felt dried blood on her face. Were those the scars that she had surely gained, or had the people at the Capitol cut out her tongue? Made her silent, an Avox. It was all so very real now. The warm blood that was still flowing. The coldness of the cave. Every little movement, no matter how insignificant.

She was going to die here. She was so going to die here.

She closed her eyes, and remembered everything her mother had ever told her. Speak up when all else is silent. Remember who you are, no matter what. Don’t let them tell you who you are.

“’That’s right, Azlyn. Remember who you are. Azlyn Alyson Mark. Don’t let them take that away, baby girl,” Azlyn whispered into the darkness, remembering her mother’s final words to her.

“’Don’t give up, Azlyn, baby. You are one of the few purely good things left in this world. Hold onto that,’” She remembered everything. No, she didn’t remember it. She couldn’t forget.

Azlyn looked up and saw nothing but darkness. It was no use just sitting here. Staying would mean certain death. Did leaving mean the same thing? But in that moment, she didn’t care. She wanted to murder them, kill them, take everything they were and throw it away. Like they had her.

She had promised. She had tried to keep it, but she couldn’t. “I tried, Mommy, I tried!” she screamed into the emptiness, as black as the soul of the Capitol, long dead. She sounded three, but she was. You never really lose your previous ages. You simply gain another one.

Azlyn stood up and felt for the wall. The tunnel obviously wasn’t very big. The Capitol obviously wasn’t very smart. Keeping one hand on the wall, Azlyn ran. If only she hadn’t ran from that stupid reaping. Had manned up and went into the Hunger Games. But she would die either way. She would die with her dignity, if she was guaranteed death.

She could’ve ran forever. Maybe she did. When she finally heard her name, someone calling it. Someone that needed her.

She looked back and saw her mother. Her dead mother. Her supposedly dead mother.

Her very alive mother.

“I know you tried, Azlyn, baby,” her mother whispered. “And that’s the thing you’ll learn about life. Win some, lose some. But it goes on. Dead or alive. It. Goes. On.”

“Mom,” Azlyn whispered. She reached out, but her mother was not tangible. Just a being. There. Like the wind. Her mother pointed.
“A little farther, Azlyn,” her mother whispered. “You’ll escape.”

And without a second thought, Azlyn turned and ran. And she kept running, until she saw the light. A light at the end of the tunnel.

The Hunger Games stadium.

“Introducing our first ever Hunger Games winner, Azlyn Mark!” the announcer called. She had been here the whole time.

She saw the ground, littered with bodies. She saw the blood, and she saw people. People she didn’t recognize. This year, the feast had been terrible.

She couldn’t live, knowing she’d killed some of them. She knew that there was no one back home in District Ten to miss her. And she lifted the knife to her head, and laughed. Laughed because it was all gone.

The female District Ten tribute dropped to the ground, dead. The first ever Hunger Games winner. The only suicidal one. Ever.

The Hunger Games that never happened. You will never hear of them, or speak of them, lest your tongue be cut out. They are gone, and they never happened. And neither did the deaths.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:55 pm

The winner of January's Competition is: MARCELINE WINTERS!!!!!

I present you, the banner:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Code:
[IMG]http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a466/UmbraAmnem/The-Hunger-Games-the-hunger-game-trilogy-2624997-1280-960-3.jpg[/IMG]
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 am

.....thank you so much everyone! *gratefully accepts banner and goes to attatch it to siggy* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Competition!   January Competition! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January Competition!
Page 1 of 1