The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A chance meeting ((Luka))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geforia Summers
Tribute
District 5
Score 4
Geforia Summers

A chance meeting ((Luka)) Empty
PostSubject: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Geforia walked through the town, a bounce in her step. Her cat, Mittens, trailed after her, mewing at passing people as the two made their way through the town. The girl felt accomplished. Thirty minutes ago, she'd flipped the last page of her book. It was an old one, one of the Old World's classics. She couldn't remember the title, though it had been a long one. She'd never read a book so long before; it was almost a thousand pages. She'd spent the past three days reading it, and had barely looked up other than to eat.

Geforia's eyes were tired, and she felt half-asleep as she continued into the town. She was looking for the bakery. Her parents had gone in early that morning to work for whatever reason, and they had left her without any food for breakfast. They were out of cereal, and anyway, Geforia was in the mood for croissants. She grabbed one of the croissants from the basket sitting on the counter and waltzed up to the baker, her cat trailing at her feet.

"Hello, Geforia," the baker said, eyeing the cat. "You know she's not supposed to be in here." Geforia blushed. The baker had told her many times, but she disregarded him. Her cat wouldn't do anything. "I'm sorry," she said, though unconvincingly, and forked over a few coins for her bread. "Bye, now," the girl said, whirling around so the baker wouldn't say anything else about the cat.

She walked out, nibbling her croissant. The girl wasn't paying attention to her cat, who'd decided to run up to some other girl and rub against her leg. Geforia rushed up and grabbed the cat away, saying a hasty "Sorry," before meeting the other girl's eyes.

((Sorry this is so terrible))
Back to top Go down
Luka Arden
District 5
Luka Arden

PostSubject: Re: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Imagine a small, auburn-haired girl with bright brown eyes. She's sitting on the floor of a small house, her knees up to her face, crying. Why was she crying, you might be wondering? The story really starts with the smallest of spiders.

"Get a-away! I d-don't want to kill you!" Luka was having an absolute meltdown. There was a spider the size of a pinpoint on the ground, several feet away from her. She was breathing heavily and unevenly. She was pale and starting to feel very warm. It was possible she was going to pass out.

"LUKA!" Her mother shouted from upstairs. "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Luka stopped for a moment and listened. The top stair creaked, and Luka resumed her meltdown.

"No, mama!" She shouted, dodging the spider, tripping over a shoe, and falling at the bottom of the stairs. Tears still in her eyes, she scrambled back to her feet. "I'm okay! You don't need to come help me!"

"If you're sure," Her mother sounded worried. "If you're sure."

Luka didn't respond. The spider ticked across the floor and Luka let out another scream.
"I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU!" She yelled it without even realizing that her mother wouldn't know she was only talking about a spider. Luka began to breathe heavily again as her mother came rushing down the stairs. She looked around for a moment, noticed the spider, and headed towards it.
"Don't kill it!" Luka cried desperately. "I d-don't want it to die."

Her mother carefully scooped up the little spider and placed it outside.
"Is that better?" Her mother asked. Luka nodded, but said nothing.

It was all part of Schizophrenia. Luka didn't always have normal emotional responses to certain things; that's why she went completely insane over the little spider. She slipped on her shoes and ran out the door.

When she got outside, she saw the spider again. But this time, it was 6 feet tall and had little pincers. Snapping and growling, it made its way towards Luka. The young girl screamed and ran from it, all the way to the town. She turned around once, and saw that it was no longer behind her. She turned back around, panting, and jumped when something rubbed against her leg. She started to panic, thinking it was the spider, but it was actually just a cat. Luka didn't take notice right away, but she turned around again. The spider wasn't there. It was never there. It had been a hallucination. The little spider was real, but the big one had only been a figment of her imagination.

"Sorry," Said a girl's voice. When Luka turned back around, she locked eyes with another girl, a girl who was picking the cat up.
"It's okay," Luka said, stroking the cat's back. "She wasn't doing any harm." Still shaking, Luka turned back around absentmindedly to check for the spider, even though she knew it wasn't there. "By the way, my name's Luka. What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Geforia Summers
Tribute
District 5
Score 4
Geforia Summers

PostSubject: Re: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:23 am

The girl Mittens had decided to rub against had auburn hair, kind of like Geforia's. She was panting, and even as she continued to talk to Geforia, she was looking over her shoulder. "It's okay," the girl said, turning to pet the cat, who was wriggling to get out of Geforia's arms. "By the way, my name's Luka. What's yours?" the shaking girl, Luka, asked.

"I'm Geforia. Nice to meet you, Luka." Geforia said. She felt awkward saying it; she was never good in these situations. Meeting new people, making small talk. She was terrible at it. It was why she had so few friends, and the reason the few friends she did have were adults. Adults were easier to talk to for Geforia, for whatever reason. She could have a normal conversation with them, but people her age... she just couldn't. Her mother was always trying to force her to go out and make friends, but Geforia always ended up blowing it off and going to pick up another book.

Luka was still shaking, so Geforia decided she'd fein friendliness, even if it was just a mask. "Are you..." Geforia paused, trying to think if she'd offend the girl or not. She didn't want to be rude, but she assumed the girl needed some kind of help. She was shaking, after all. Regaining what courage she had, Geforia sighed and said, "Are you alright?" Another pause, but a shorter one this time. "You're shaking."
Back to top Go down
Monica d'Alcy
District 2
Monica d'Alcy

PostSubject: Re: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:05 am

((I'm REALLY REALLY sorry, but I had Luka's account de-activated because she was actually my third account; got pretty hard to keep track of all three. I'm sorry! If you want, this thread can just be open to anyone now.))
Back to top Go down
Geforia Summers
Tribute
District 5
Score 4
Geforia Summers

PostSubject: Re: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:06 am

((Oh, that's fine XD This is open now o.O))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A chance meeting ((Luka))   A chance meeting ((Luka)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A chance meeting ((Luka))
Page 1 of 1