The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What book are you reading right now?

Go down 
+42
Kooa Stephens
Huntley Downes
Talia Alderwood
Tally Mild
Monica d'Alcy
Aspen Ives
Portia Crane
Cato Axelrod
Riley Paradigm
Narcissa Scamander
Katherine Beck
River Quinnat
Marceline Winters
Orissa Maddox
Alieya Stone
Charlotte Amsel
Jonathon Moyers
Ren Lockwood
Birch Evinrude
Thomas
Felicity Mattheus
Amelia Benedict
Samuel Rytherstone
Heather Bennet
Annette "Patch" Regulus
Mason Wolf
Thalia Rose Grace
Willow Fidele
April Adams
Hazon Curchaw
Charlotte Corvus
Naomi Meer
Arianna Redcloud
Thalia Treeguard
Roselyn Night
Sasha Leate
Drew Nami
Quiris Paroskip
Anya Bray
Will Kaoknur
Taryn Forrest
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 pm

i finished rereading the hunger series now im reading Night By Elie Wiesel
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 pm

oh! I've heard that that book is good!
Back to top Go down
Birch Evinrude
District 7
Birch Evinrude

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Well, I guess I'll embarrass myself by saying I'm only 3/4 of the way through The Hunger Games on my first read-through, but I'm finishing it quickly! Smile
Once I finish The Hunger Games, I plan on reading A Game of Thrones, since I'm trying to find other series' to get hooked on now that Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings are both over. :/

Edit: Well, I powered through The Hunger Games today...I couldn't put it down! Now I'm trying to convince my mom to let me buy the next two! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://dittany.tumblr.com
Ren Lockwood
District 10
Ren Lockwood

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm reading Lord of the Rings right now, for about the fifth time. I absolutely love them.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 am

OMG REN YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AMAZING! THAT IS THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER! AND I AM LIKE ADDICTED TO THEM!!! Biggest LOTr fan ever. ^_^ -high fives-

At the moment I'm reading Wolf Brother, Torak is so cool. xD
Back to top Go down
Ren Lockwood
District 10
Ren Lockwood

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:46 am

Jonathon Moyers wrote:
OMG REN YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AMAZING! THAT IS THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER! AND I AM LIKE ADDICTED TO THEM!!! Biggest LOTr fan ever. ^_^ -high fives-

At the moment I'm reading Wolf Brother, Torak is so cool. xD

Haha, thanks.
I've never really found anyone that's read them around my age...the LOTR is a little too "old" for my generation, I guess. Which is ridiculous, since they're brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Birch Evinrude
District 7
Birch Evinrude

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 am

Ren Lockwood wrote:

I've never really found anyone that's read them around my age...the LOTR is a little too "old" for my generation, I guess. Which is ridiculous, since they're brilliant.

Well, consider me a fan of LOTR as well.
I agree with you about it being brilliant, and that more younger people should read them. They're a lot better than a lot of popular fiction nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

I read them when I was 8 so that's a load of rubbish. I'm now 13 and I've read them three times. ^_^

I told my english teacher last year I was reading it and she said I need to read more challenging books? Dx
Hated that teacher. xD
LOTR is one of those rare things when the films are just as good as the books. Plus if it wasn't for LOTR there would be no Harry potter or it would be very different.
Back to top Go down
Birch Evinrude
District 7
Birch Evinrude

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 9:54 am

Jonathon Moyers wrote:
I read them when I was 8 so that's a load of rubbish. I'm now 13 and I've read them three times. ^_^

I told my english teacher last year I was reading it and she said I need to read more challenging books? Dx
Hated that teacher. xD

I agree with Ren when he says our generation doesn't read LOTR as much as previous generations, but I suppose we're the exceptions. Smile
That English teacher is rubbish. The series clearly is well-written and incredible if it's stuck around this long.
Back to top Go down
Jonathon Moyers
District 2
Jonathon Moyers

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 am

Psh she's really annoying but she did get my level up, so I suppose I half owe her, but seriosuly she has probably never even read Lord of the Rings. -__-
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:21 pm

I love LOTR too!!! Just throwing myself in there...
But last night, I finished the Death Cure. It was amazing!!! Though I'm sad it's over. Even though it was a perfect ending. I cried
Back to top Go down
Willow Fidele
Admin
District 11
Avox
Willow Fidele

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:26 pm

LOTR = pure unfiltered awesomeness!

Did you know that on one of his student's essays Tolkien wrote "in a whole in a ground their lived a hobbit" because the student had nothing written on the essay?
Also he told the story of Bilbo the Hobbit to his sons and one night he said the dwarves had red caps and the next night he said they had blue caps and his sons corrected him and he realized that he should start writing the stories down!

I have a teacher (he's my favourite teacher) who has all this awesome trivia of Tolkien and Lewis and he randomly tells us in class and it's so awesome because it actually ties in with class because we're focusing on the medieval literature and Tolkien and Lewis both studied it! (Taryn, it's Southwick!!)

Anyway, back to books:
I'm reading Beowulf for lit class right now and loving it, To Kill a Mocking Bird (read it if you haven't it's soooo good!), and I just finished a book called Silence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltholywatergunscheck.tumblr.com
Charlotte Amsel
District 10
Charlotte Amsel

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:15 pm

I love LOTR myself, as well as Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, of course. Smile
I actually just finished reading the Twilight series, because my best friend kind of forced me to read them. Will never be reading that tripe again.
I'm sorry if you like them, but I hated them. I hated Meyer's writing "style", and the bland characterization.
I'm going to cleanse my brain by reading The Hunger Games again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alieya Stone
Capitol
Alieya Stone

Location : Somewhere in your room. Possibly behind your door, or in your bed....

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I'm reading Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick! I just started, but I'm so excited! It's the last, brand new, book in the series!
Back to top Go down
Orissa Maddox
District 7
Orissa Maddox

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 5:24 pm

I just finished Matched by Allie Condie (Really good, but I don't like how her relationships are going!!! AGgGGHHG!BKDHISHASJDN!)

Now I'm reading I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.
Back to top Go down
Marceline Winters
District 10
Marceline Winters

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:47 am

I'm reading The Last Pharaoh by R. L. LaFevers. The whole series is incredible! I love Egyptian mythology... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:49 am

I'm reading a really good book called looking for alaska by John Greene.
It's really really good! Avery from HBH sent me a downloadable link <3 If you want it, zere you go.
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
River Quinnat
District 4
River Quinnat

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 am

I just started a series by Diana Gabaldon called "Outlander". It's really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Beck
Tribute
District 12
Score 3
Katherine Beck

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Me? Well... umm... I'm reading a book my friend is writing... ^^ she's sending me the chapters as soon as she finishes them... and I'm writing two books... so no time for reading anything else... heh

Oh, I also love the LOTR <3
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Scamander
Capitol
Narcissa Scamander

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Rereading Harry Potter for the third time Smile
Back to top Go down
Orissa Maddox
District 7
Orissa Maddox

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Narcissa Scamander wrote:
Rereading Harry Potter for the third time Smile

Gotta love Harry Potter! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree!

I'm reading the Lost Hero for the first time. It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be! :3
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Riley Paradigm
District 3
Riley Paradigm

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Taryn Forrest wrote:
I agree!

I'm reading the Lost Hero for the first time. It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be! :3

Ooh, I got the books for Christmas! I agree, they were a lot better than they sounded.
I'm reading the Red Pyramid right now. Well...rereading. Magic penguins!
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Hmmm well actually I'm reading Catching Fire, don't spoil anything for me ya hear Wink.
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Awesomesuace book.
Right now, I am reading 'Never Cry Wolf' It's... interesting Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading right now?   What book are you reading right now? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you reading right now?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games RPG :: OOC :: Chat-
Jump to: