The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Oasis ((Start Here))

Go down 
+11
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Melody Fraeder
Hazon Curchaw
Willow Fidele
Michiah Doharty
Drew Nami
Sasha Leate
Marcus Aurelius
June Puree
Roselyn Night
Taryn Forrest
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Donta am I are doing his death soon. we just pmed each other about it
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Oh!! I did not see his post!! I'm so sorry <3 yeah, he's NOT dead yet.
Good thing I didn't delete his person yet >.>
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Drew Nami

Drew Nami

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 am

Ever since Drew had become allies with the District 6 people, she felt safer, yet she still worried about something. It probably wasn't really something to worry about, but she felt that the boy, Marcus, didn't like her or trust her. It wasn't much of a big thing, but Drew feared that it might turn into something even worse, such as . . . death. Drew doubted that Marcus would kill her, and she had heard Anya tell him that he could not kill her or something like that, but Drew couldn't be sure.

Anya was asleep next to Drew while she was thinking of this when Marcus came up. He said something about him going out to kill something because he'd go mad without food or something like that. He also told Drew to keep watch, and if someone comes to be ready to kill. Drew shuddered at the thought of killing someone, but she promised him anyway, and he was off.

It hadn't occured that Drew still had a ton of fruits until Marcus had come back with a hare, telling everyone to make a fire. Drew suddenly got filled with joy. If she could share her fruits with them, than maybe she could get Marcus's trust!

After the fire was built (which Drew tried to stop them from making because of the Careers),
Drew told Anya and Marcus about the fruits, and that there were a ton more by a small little watering hole. She smiled, and waited for their responses.
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 pm

“Your right.” Storm agreed. He knew that neither of them really wanted to do it, btu they had to. They were reaped into these games and he had promised Willow that he would stay alive at all costs. If they didn’t kill her, she would kill them. “Yeah, I suppose that is the best thing to do.” He sighed. Al mentioned that he didn’t want to kill anymore. Storm hadn’t killed anyone, period. If they kept up this plot, Fearyn would be his first blood. First and most important for winning.

"I really hope it doesn't come down to you and me."

“You and me too.” Storm grimaced. He had already thought about this. He had thought about all the options. “I don’t know what you’ll do, but I won’t fight until you’ve fought first. If neither of us want to fight, the fairest thing to do would be burn all the food and throw all the weapons in the Oasis. We’ll just see who stays alive the longest without food ..or water. We could block off the Oasis somehow. I don’t think it will work, but it’s our best bet right now. Let’s not think about it.” He lowered his head, shaking off the thought. Why was he even here? Why didn’t he run away.

Upon waking in the morning, Storm’s thought of having Fearyn be his first blood was diminished. After his Oasis watch for a while, he finally and regretfully got some action. A boy around his age, weak, injured, came to the water. He was thirsty and dying. Storm was the hunter, capturing his frail prey. The boy had no chance against him. Closing his eyes and trying to think of just a dear, Storm threw his knife. He was aiming for the neck and a quick death, but the boy was expecting it. He jumped up and it hit the small of his back. Even more weak, Storm covered the long distance between him trying to push away the edgy sadness of having to kill someone face to face. He began to thrust his sword this way and that, the boy put up a good fight, but both knew Storm would win. He was stronger and healthier and with one fatal blow, the boy fell dead. Storm stumbled away quickly. He cleaned his blade and waited. Fearyn would praise him but she wouldn’t be too happy about the body still there and that there would be blood all over their drinking hole. He should have tossed it into the water but Storm couldn’t bear to look at the poor boy let alone touch him. He saw a craft fly over the body and it was gone. It seemed like it was all set up, he wasn’t real. With the craft disappearing, so were Storm’s feelings of being scared to kill.
It was all a game.
And he would win.

Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 am

DAY 6
Back to top Go down
Anya Bray

Anya Bray

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Since Anya had awaken, the atmosphere in their campsite was, at best, tense. The tributes had been in the arena for six days, at that point, and the strain was starting to show. For Anya, the passing time also brought a sense of finality to her fate. She resigned herself to the fact that she, like many other tributes, would die in the arena.
Forcing herself to forget the grim thoughts, Anya refocused herself on the situation at hand Since she and Marcus had joined forces with Drew, tempers between the other two always seemed to run high. It wasn't that they openly disliked each other. Anya couldn't actually pin point what it was, but around them she always felt stressed.
Still, she decided that as long as neither Marcus nor Drew attempted to kill each other, there was really no need for a remedy.

The day progressed in a blur. Anya was sure she was supposed to feel hyper vigilant, constantly aware of everything that happened, constantly watching her back. But instead things seemed to happen in a blur. Important moments stood out in her timeline, but she couldn't account for what she had been doing between these times.
Thinking back, besides Marcus leaving to hunt in the morning, she couldn't recall anything she had thought or done. She was sure she must have talked to Drew. Or patrolled their campsite. Or collected food. Or....something. But not nothing. Surely it couldn't have been nothing.

Anya wished that she was able to live in each moment. If she was going to die in the arena, then surely all of the time she had left should feel meaningful. Or, even if it can't possibly feel meaningful, shouldn't she at least feel it?

Time had passed. They were sitting around a campfire. Drew and Marcus had argued about the risks of starting one. She had sided with Marucs. They needed to cook the food, so they built the fire.
Time had passed. They were still sitting around the dying embers. Then Drew spoke, and Anya felt awake once again.

She leaned over and grabbed her pack, then pulled out a few, slightly wrinkled fruits. She then excitedly told them that they could find more around the watering hole. After inspecting the fruits that Drew had placed in front of her, Anya spoke.
"These look good, but are they safe? I mean, it's the Hunger Games, right? Have you eaten any yet? If we can guarantee that we can eat them, we definitely need to collect more. These won't feed three people for long. We could sneak down to the watering hole at night to avoid the careers and other tributes."
Back to top Go down
Drew Nami

Drew Nami

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 pm

”That’s another thing.” Drew said, in reply to the last part of Anya’s statement. “Okay, I mean, look at it. I have not seen a living soul since the first day besides a giant ant, and you guys. This arena isn’t all that big, and there aren’t many trees to guard people, and I know that at least half or more of the Careers are alive, I watch the skies at night, so anyway. What I’ve been asking myself is . . . where are they??? Is there some part of this arena that we don’t know about?” That was the most Drew had dared to say this whole time, and this time, she wasn’t whispering, because she doubted anyone was there to listen to her.

“Oh, and I tested them on the giant ants, well, one of them anyway. The green and red ones are poisonous, but the yellow and orange ones are fine.” Drew said, while taking a big bite out of a yellow one. It seemed different than usual, in fact Drew realized that it seemed to be getting juicer the riper it got. It made sense anyway, because every day she would eat one, and every day they would be juicer than the day before. Anyway, today it was practically bleeding juice. Drew wasn’t sure if that was a bad thing or a good thing. At least it still tasted good.

“So, what do you guys think about my theory about the . . . you know, possible secret places in the arena?”

Back to top Go down
Faeryn Nacht
District 1
Victor
Faeryn Nacht

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:41 pm

In the past two days Faeryn hadn't done much other than survive. She hadn't killed anyone, and all she'd done was sit and guard the camp. She was sure Thrinnean would be angry at her lack of action, but the hadn't been much to do. Yesterday she'd watched from the tent as Storm had killed the male tribute of one of the Districts. She didn't care that Storm had killed someone that could have easily been her own kill, all she cared about was the fact that the now dead tribute was one less person to get in her way. Faeryn had gone over and congratulated Storm, noticing at that time that the water in the oasis was slightly tainted with the boy’s blood. She pressed her mouth into a small line, but said nothing, the small amount of blood that was in the water wouldn’t harm them. Afterwards, she’d just walked back to the camp and begun going over what food and weapons they had.

Today was equally as dull for Faeryn. She was ready for some action, a good fight would be nice, or an attack by the ants that she had seen attacking that girl she’d killed earlier on in the games. The blonde haired tribute wasn’t sure which days were what anymore; they were all starting to blend together. She was fairly sure this was day six, but she wasn’t positive, and she didn’t feel the need to ask Storm or Al. She disliked both of them, and she had a feeling that their alliance wouldn’t last long. It was fairly obvious that none of the Careers were in the alliance for the long haul, which wasn’t a bad thing, it just meant that. Al and Storm seemed to have a small friendship or just an understanding between them, but Faeryn didn’t mind being the odd one out since it made it easier for her to leave the alliance. She knew that it would end soon, because now only the stronger tributes were alive, and out of the stronger tributes, the weaker ones would soon perish.
Back to top Go down
Al Meer

Al Meer

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 am

Al thought about what Storm had said and sighed. He hated these games. He walked out of the tent and walked to the fruit trees by the oasis. He picked a yellow one and took a bite. He looked around and was disappointed no one was around.What am I thinking! I don't wan't to kill anyone! He heard something moving around in the trees. He quickly pulled out a knife and slipped quietly through the trees.

He searched the whole area and found nothing. Suddenly he heard a hiss. He looked down and saw a snake. Al stiffened and slowly began to back away. He heard another hiss behind him and then a sudden pain in his ankle. Crap! he thought What do I do now?. He turned and quickly limped away from the two snakes. He walked into the camp and walked into Storms tent, hoping to find him there. "What do you do about a snake bite?" he asked him.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:46 pm

DAY 7
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Storm sat in his tent - head in hands. He kept seeing the dying face of the person he had killed flashing before his eyes. He kept getting the urge to throw his things around the room in protest. But did that matter?
No.

Was he a killer?
No.

Why was it so easy for Fearyn. She had boredly congratulated him. She didn't care! A death was a death. It meant nothing to her! In the midst of this, he was reminded of his home. His family. How they were slaughtered by the Capitol. And now, he was slaughtering for the Capitol. He was doing just what he wanted to escape.
Why did he do it anyway?
Why didn't he just let the boy run away?
Because he would be seen as weak and be an easy target. He was doing this because he wanted to win. But the win wasn't for himself. His life would be even worse if he did win. And it would be impossible to beat Fearyn anyway. Thinking of this made him regret not being killed from his jump and not being nursed back to life by a rebel. He hated himself for giving into alcohol and sufficing his needs. Actually, more than anything, he craved it now. With the pain from killing someone, he wanted his old life. It would have been so much easier if he had never met Willow. Even that low alcoholic with barely any friends, no family, and living off of the scraps of people who could afford to stuff their faces.

His line of thought was scattered when Al walked in his tent. "What do you do about a snake bite?"
"What." He said drawing himself back into the time before him.
"Hope you don't die."

He looked down at Al's ankle and saw blood dripping and a purplish already beginning to swell ...thing. "Well, that don't look good at all, go look around in the packs. I saw some pasty healing something looking stuff. That might help. It's worth a try." He looked at the wound again. "And... don't die mate. I'll kill you if you do. We're going to have to part eventually. Good for one of us ...hopefully. But come on, not like this! A snake bite is so..... a lame way to die. Seriously. Your in the frickin' Hunger Games."
Back to top Go down
Al Meer

Al Meer

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 am

Storm looked down at Al's ankle and saw blood dripping and a purplish already beginning to swell ...thing. "Well, that don't look good at all, go look around in the packs. I saw some pasty healing something looking stuff. That might help. It's worth a try." Storm looked at the wound again. "And... don't die mate. I'll kill you if you do. We're going to have to part eventually. Good for one of us ...hopefully. But come on, not like this! A snake bite is so..... a lame way to die. Seriously. Your in the frickin' Hunger Games."

Al laughed "How are you going to kill me if I'm already dead? Yeah.. it would be a seriously lame way to die." he said and turned and headed towards the supplies. He looked through the medical supplies burn ointment, fever reducing pills I better grab these I am felling kinda feverish, bandages, HA! snake bite stuff! he ripped open the packet and put the pasty stuff over his wound and wrapped it in a bandage. He then grabbed a canteen and took a fever pill. Just in time he thought just as the world tilted, turned fuzzy, and then darkness over came him.

Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:30 pm

DAY 8
Back to top Go down
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)
Capitol
Coriolannus Snow (JR.)

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

"How are you going to kill me if I'm already dead? Yeah.. it would be a seriously lame way to die."
"I'll figure it out, have some faith!" Storm joked. He was never one to deal with these sorts of situations. He was seriously cracking jokes and his best friend in the games was vitally injured. Al ended up finding something that he was satisfied with because he was lathering his wound with it, he also took some pills. "Good thinking-" Storm began, but his friend passes out. Storm caught him before he hit the ground thanks to his quick reflexes. He brought him to a cot and lay him there, he looked through the packs, kept alternating between heat and cold washcloths, but eventually he fell asleep too.

A number of things woke him, first there was the thunder storm and the buckets of rain coming down (it was the first time it had rained yet) but mainly, it was the cannon blasts. There was one which woke him up, but he fell back asleep. Then there were two more within a few minutes. He couldn't fall back asleep after that. There must have been some sort of battle. It seemed weird though, like it was the first bit of real action since the first day, and he missed it. He knew that he and Al had to get out soon, there were only eight people left if his calculations were correct. Fearyn would kill them soon if they didn't leave. Storm feared for his friend, he knew that in the condition he was in now, he wouldn't be able to go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Faeryn Nacht
District 1
Victor
Faeryn Nacht

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Faeryn looked up at the dark sky with disdain. It had been rainning constantly for the past two days, and at mid to late afternoon, it showed now signs of slowing or stopping. Faeryn figured it was the game makers decision to have it rain in the desert arena, they controlled everytning from the weather to what way a rock fell when it was disloged from its place by a tribute's foot. To Faeryn it seemed that the rain had made the games awfully dreary, there hadn't been any real action, and she only remembered hearing one canon shot, and had only seen one tribute's face before falling into a deep sleep. That tribute was named Misael, she only remembered him because she'd found him slightly attractive. Not that Faeryn would ever be interrested, it had just been a brief observation.

The rain had made the arena colder too. Faeryn hadn't taken off her jacket since the rain had started and was still unbelievebly cold. She'd been trained how to survive in all weathers, but that didn't mean she had to enjoy the cold. Her favorite season was fall, when the trees started turnning yellow and orange, displsying colors that were only seen in the few months before winter. When she won the games, Faeryn would have the best fall of her life, she'd go running and to dinners in Tne Capital, she'd keep training,but at a much slower, less intensive pace. Yes, she was still adimate that she would win. Everyone else, besides maybe Storm was weak. Especially her "ally" Al. The snake bite was obviously beginning to drain him, despite the medicine that he'd put on his wound. She was going to kill him soon, and she would enjoy it. He and Storm were all buddy-buddy with eachother and it was infuriating. This was The Hunger Games for Pete's sake! You weren't supposed to be friends with anybody, not even your allies!

Faeryn sighed. Being allied with Storm and Al probbably hadn't been her best move. If she'd gone solo and stayed in the shadows alone, taking out tributes in her own time and hidng The Games could have been over by now. So far it had only been eight days and the timeing was starting to feel long. She needed to make her move soon, she was tired of waiting, she smiled confidently into an invisible camera, almost positive there was one zoomed up on her face, and then went back into the tent, ready to beigin her plan at a moments notice.
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm

DAY 9

First post in the games activity check please!!! Then the four way fight is supposed to happen today, so please start moving this-a-way.

Though it may end up being a two-way fight... since the other two probably won't post and all.
But either way, it is Drew's dying day today. Or tomorrow, as long as you post her showing up in or outside of the Oasis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oasis ((Start Here))   The Oasis ((Start Here)) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oasis ((Start Here))
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3