The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All Empty
PostSubject: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:33 pm

"It is neat place. I heard the peacekeepers talking about blowing it up. They hated my father. Even the ones that did not known him. They won't tear it by themselves. They will hire some kids to do it. Make it look like something it is not."

He sat back in his lazy chair. Taking some sips of soda.

"My father was freinds with a district 13 man. When the capital blew it up he was not there. He was making deals with my father. So he survived. But not his family. They all died. And he wanted revenge. He was about 65 at that point so he could not do it himself so my dad.He got paid a hefty sum for it. That he afforded this place."

He got up from his seat and went towards the gun racks.

"It would be a shame to let this place go away. There has got to be away we can stop it."

He picked a gun up and pretend to aim it a small box on a high self. He was smiling at that point. Then it changed and he was frowning. He put the gun back and sat back in his chair with the same frown.

"India, your not going to like this. But I can't let this place go away. I Need volenteers your freinds to be exact. I can train them to use these. And we defend this place. We could all fit in here and still have enough room for an elephant or two. We don't have to shot to kill. Just to keep them on there toes."

He knew that it was a far shot. And he knew she was not going to like it. So he put India first.

"Forget it. I would hate to bring you guys into my problems. Just forget I ever said anything about it. I should be protecting you not put you on the front lines of danger.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 pm

"That explains it. That man. He's lucky to be alive. May his family rest in peace." India sinked down into the couch and sighed.

She listened to Harley talk about loosing this place. What the peacekeepers were trying to do. It was terrible to hear. Especially because this place was so special to Harley. She couldn't do what he thought was a good plan. Neither would her friends. She tried to think of an alternate plan.

India didn't know what to say. She didn't want this place to go either. She's heard about the people that the peacekeepers were hiring to destroy this place before. She knew one of them. "My brother." she said. "They are hiring my brother. He turned 14 yesterday. I was so honestly sad to not be there to celebrate. I over heard him talking about it, before I got kicked out. I.. This place is very sacred to you. I can get him to get everyone else not to destroy this place. He knows all the kids he's working with!" she explained.

"It'll be easy. If only I could persuade my parents into letting me see him. Let alone talk to him. Esas personas son crueles." She said. Not knowing that she threw some Spanish in there. She did that when she was frustrated.

Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

"Don't do it. They will kill him. If they know that he knows you and you know me. They will I know it."

He thought for a quick moment.

"Wait! What what if me and you went under cover with them. If he could just get us in. We have to find him! Would he be at your house. Or be out and about."

He went into the closet and pulled out somee thing that looked like a Army uniform.. with a matching pack. He grabbed a gun on the wall and put it in the pack then put on a camo poncho.

"We have to find him. He is are only hope to saving this place. I don't won't to leave you alone here. So are you going to go. I really need you. Your the only to tell me who your brother is. There is a uniform for you? Or you could just wear the poncho."

He pulled it out of the closet.

"You most likely won't take this. But you can't say I did not offer."

He pulled out a small handheld standard issue pistol. 22 caliber.

Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Pfft. My plan was better.

India hasn't seen her brother since she got kicked out. "My brother... he's always been an animal. He's never in the house. Always sonewhere out in District 12. God knows where he is."

She stared at the gun. "Gosh. Why are your plans always so violent all the time? Always gonna get me killed, yo. I'm not taking that gun." She thought Harley's whole plan was silly and complicated. Her's was simple. But she was willing to help Harley keep this place standing, and if going under cover, as ridiculous as it is, is what they were going to do, she would do it.

"Just keep your head down and your face covered. The last thing we need is for someone to recognize you. My brother will probably, but he wont do anything... I hope." she reached into her bag and pulled out a hat. "Here," she said, tossing the hat to Harley. "Put this on."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 pm

He flipped the gun in his hand so he was holding the handle of the gun.

"It's just instincts thats all."

He looked kinda sad after saying that. Like he had just now relized how much of a loser he was. Every thing always was solved with gun. He needed to change.

"We are going with your plan. I need to break away from past. And learn that all problems can not be solved with guns."

He grab the hat and shoved it on his head.And turned to her

"I have been a real loser to you. I keep trying to change you. Without me even knowing. I just relized thos when I handed you that gun. It's just in my blood. I just wish I can change. I don't want to be an out-law anymore."

He took his camo gear and stuffed in the closet. Leaving the backpack on because it had rashins in it. He had just now relized how much this place jas not changed. On the fire place was a picture of his mom and dad. He looked like his father. He walked over to noticing another behind it. It was him and his father next to Harley first kill. A deer. Harley did something uncalled for. He picked up the picture and threw it against the wall smashing it into a thousand pieces.

"I am going to change. And to change I can't look back at the past."

He went over to India and hugged her. He was so thankful for her being there. And he just wanted to show her that.

"Don't let me ever shot anyone. Ever again can you promise me that."

Being here made him feel so mellow. He did not like it. It made him feel weak. But maybe that was goo

"Let's go find your brother."

Sounding like he just lifted a great weight of his chest.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 pm

India was relieved that they were going to go with India's plan. It would be much more simple. She was also glad that Harley was realizing that he needed to change, and that he needed to get rid of his old bad habits.
"You can change, Harley. You can. Even if you need help. Its not impossible." She watched as Harley walked over to a framed picture. India was pretty sure that it was his family. He looked so happy in the picture.

She walked behind him and looked at the picture. "Is that your parents?" She asked. Harley didn't answer her. Instead, he threw the picture at the wall. She watched as the glass shattered all over the place. She jumped back as the glass flew as a reflex, so she didn't get hit with any glass. "Harley.."

He told her he couldn't look back into the past to change. He hugged her, catching India off guard. But she returned the hug. As she pulled away she gave him a push towards the door and ran over to the broken picture. She picked it up and shook all the glass off of it. India reached into her bag and pulled out a folded picture. She walked over to Harley and unfolded the picture. The picture was of India and her brothers and sisters. She placed the pictures side by side on a small table standing next to her.

"Harley.. You cant erase your past. You cant change it. But you can let go, and start your future."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Harley did not relize that she was in the same boat as him. And felt bad that she had to show him that picture. It hit him kinda hard. See him, her dead brother Hunter. He could not imagine how she felt showing him that picture.

"I am finding us to have more and more in common than I thought at first. "

He paused and continued to look at the pictures some more.

"We had better start the search for your brother. It will be dark soon."

He made his way towards the door but stopped and walked back to India. And stuck out his hand. Which was just a little cut from the shards of the picture frame.

"Are you with me?"
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:05 pm

She folded the picture up again and shoved it into her bag. "The picture was tooken the day before Hunter, my brother, was chosen as a tribute."

"We are both almost in the same situation here." She said and zipped up her jacket. She knew where her brother might be. She knew the place where he went everyday, allday. It shouldn't be hard to find him.

"I know where he is, Harley. But we have to leave now. He's in the yard behind my house. Nobody owns the property. Its huge. Its like.. 5 acres. He always goes there. He should be there. To get there before nightfall, we need to leave now."

She took his hand and opened the door. "I'm with ya."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

They crawled out of the floor and left through the door. He turned and locked it behind. It was still raining. Pretty hard to. It was super muddy for only raining for about 2 hours. But they sloshed on through. Harley was tempted three times on there way by peace keepers. He was not used to getting so close to them with out them pulling something out at him. Of course they did not reconize him. The hat was pulled deeply over his head so nobody would see his face. They went walking for about 15 minutes. Before a nosy peacekeeper came over to check them out.

"Well what are you two love birds doing out in the rain."

Smell of alcohol was evident. But it subsided just for a minute when his drunk face sudden turned from not caring to a 'wait do I know you' looking.

"Do I know you."

He walked his fat beer belly over to them. And flipped up Harley's hat

"I do know ya, your Jack Whence's son."

Harley glanced over to her as if to say 'what do I do.'
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:43 pm

India pulled her hood over her head to protect her from the rain. She glanced nervously at the peacekeepers around to make sure they didn't recognize Harley. They were almost at the area where her brother was. But ran into a peacekeeper. He recognized Harley, and he looked over at India with a face of concern. Now this is where her acting and lying skills come in.

She pulled Harley alittle closer and gave him back the hat. "Not lovebirds. This is my brother. It's funny, this is the fourth time today that someone called him 'Jack Whence's son. Right, Donovan? Hmm. Does he really look like Jack Whence's son? I don't see it. We were just on our way to the bakery. We want to get there and home as soon as we can. Now if you'll excuse us." She said and stepped around the peacekeeper.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:15 pm

The peacekeeper looked kind of amused by this.

"Well then why did'nt you say so in the first. Could have saved me alot of trouble."

Harley was pretty impressed with her lying skills.

"Boy am I glad you can't lie to me that way. I be sitting there all day trying to figure out if you where telling the truth or not."

They where almost there. He was happy to see that the rain.

(( Sorry for the short post. I am just waiting for them.to get to the area.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 pm

India tried to end the conversation with the peacekeeper quickly. "Sorry sir. Now come on, Donovan." She said and tugged on Harley's arm. She ran away from the peacekeeper pulling Harley behind until he was out of earshot. "That was close."

He was right, she couldn't lie to him. "Its true. But you don't seem to have a problem lying to me, Mr. Harley [i]Whey[./i]"

They were almost there. She saw the secluded area right up ahead. "Its right there Harley. Come on!" She said and started to run. She ran faster and faster, hurrying to get to the area. She stopped at a very low fence and hopped over it with ease. Further away in the area was a little shack looking cabin. India hoped that her brother was in there. She held her breathe and ran forward to the cabin. She heard a clatter in there and saw a shadow move from within the house. She let her breathe out and grabbed Harley's arm.

"He's in there." She started to turn the door knob but it wouldn't move. She jiggled it and truer to turn it. It still wouldn't open. "Ugh. You wanna get physical, door? Alright." She stepped back. She ran forward a few steps and kicked open the door. She looked at Harley and smiled. "Were in."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 pm

"Your right I should not judge you."

They made it to the place. She was very quite to go up to the cabin. He decided to follow the example and be as quite as possible. They reached a small fence where India jumped over with ease. He went over quitely but did not have a soft landing. He looked pretty stupid. He got up an ran to the door. India had already made it there. He was secretly hoping that she had not seen the fence inccident. She was walking back. He though she was giving up but she was really going to charge the door. She blew it down with power to spare.

"Is he armed."

He wispered into her ear.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:51 pm

[color=red][color]"Who's there?!" India's brother yelled, coming into the room where they were standing. He hand a knife in hand, but India knew her brother wouldn't do anything.

"Apparently," she said to Harley. India's brother opened his hand and dropped the knife to the floor. "Ana Lucia! Mi hermana!" He yelled and ran towards her. He held her in a big long hug, and India hugged him back. His eyes were tear stained and his nose was red. "Harley, this is Donovan, my brother. Donovan, this is Harley, my friend."

[color=red][color]"Hola, amigo."Donovan said to Harley and stuck out his hand.

"Sorry, Harley. Donovan doesn't speak English very well. He said hello." Explained India.

"Donovan, I heard the peacekeepers are paying you to knock down a site, of one of District 12's traitors. Correct?"

[color=red][color]"Yes. They have hired all my friends to do it also."

"Escucha me, mi hermano. But you cannot do that. Please, escucha. You cannot!"

Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm

((Take out all the '''' things))
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 pm

((Take out all the color = red / color things))
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 pm

He shook Don's hand.

"You don't seem to be living the life of luxury here. I can make a deal with you. You call off your freinds and I will let you have a bedroom in my house. Ask Ind... Ana. She's been there. And it is wonderful. And all you have to do is call of your little party."

It felt weird. He had never heard anyone call her Ana before. Why had'nt she had him call her that from the begining.

"My Spanish is not so good. So you might have to tell him if he does not understand me."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Donovan understood completely what Harley was saying.

India knew he did.

"I cant, man. I need the pay." Donovan said. "I have a family back home.. Harley. Right? Yeah. I have a family and we need the money. India looked down at the floor and let her hair fall in front of her face. She remembered when she was the caretaker of the family. Now Donovan was. She couldn't be jealous, and she wasn't. She was just.. sad. Sad that her family doesn't need her anymore. Sad that she cant be a part of it. Sad that they already moved on.

"Are you sure, Donovan? I mean... you cant destroy this place! Its to special to him." She gestured to Harley.

"What do you expect, Ana Lucia?! We are people! People living in District 12! Its hard. You cant just ask me to not do this!" He raised his voice up to a yelling tone. India stepped back and blinked. Her brother never yelled at her. Never ever. Did he want her gone too? Was he glad that she wasn't his sister anymore?

"I'm sorry, brother." She said with a tear rolling down her cheek. She knew that he didnt want her, either.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Harley felt like this was family problem but felt as though Donovan had the upperhand. He was using her family as a chip. An excuse. And he could not let him make India cry like she was. He knew that she only creid under extreme pressure which was being exploded from Donovan. He had to stop it. Donovan looked so scary. He was steaming woth anger and the knife in his looked so threating he had to do it. He kicked Don straight in the ribs. Knocking him into a chair. With his army boots it would kill.

"Don't you dare make Ind... Ana cry ever or you will regret it."

It felt ackward to call her that almost as ackward as kicking her brother into a chair.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

"Harley. Don't think about it" India said. But she was too late.

"Ugh!" Donovan groaned as he landed in the chair. He held his hands to the side of his stomach. "Harley why in the world did you do that!" India ran to Donovan's side. Yes, India had cried because of Donovan. She thought that Harley had changed. She thought that violence was far behind him. She was wrong.

"Harley.. I thought you changed.."

"Ana Lucia.." Donovan grumbled. "Its fine. But listen.. he's back."

"Who's back?"

"Michael."

Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Harley was breathing heavy now. He did it for her own good.

"I did it for you. I was protecting you. Im sorry."

He looked so pitiful sitting in the chair barely able to utter something. India knew the name. Micheal. She had talked somewhat about him. But had cut herself off last time. He remebered the light in her shack. And remebered her saying that it was ackward to talk about him infront of her. He hoped he was not a passed "freind" If he had the urge to defend her against her own brother. He did not even want to think about what he would do.

"Who is Micheal."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:38 pm

India felt down Donovan's ribcage. She asked him a series of questions and came to a conclusion. "You didn't do any damage to him. But please. Stop being so violent Harley!" She sat down on a sofa and stood right back up so quickly when Donovan mentioned the name Michael. Her face lit up bright. "Michael?! He's back?! But the Capitol.. they took him, to get him fixed!"

"I know, Ana Lucia. But he's back. He's working on the building with me. Ill tell you what. I'll try to talk some of the friends working on it too out of it."

India decided it was time to leave now. She went over to her brother and hugged him tightly. "I'm going to leave now. Thank you, Donovan. Te amo. Tell Gilinda and everyone else back home that I miss them." She said one last goodbye and left the house.

She looked back to make sure Harley was following behind. "Remember when I was telling you about my friend in the meadow? The one who took me to that spot for the first time? He was sent away to the Capitol. And he's back. He's back! Michael's back. For the first time in 2 years, I'll be able to see him."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Harley did not know how to feel. She seemed so excited to hear the news. He thought that if she was happy he was happy. And was hoping for more info. He put his arm around her.

"I am sorry India. I really am. It was just that he was armed... and he was angry. He could have done something drastic. I am sorry."

He put his head down deep on chest. And he could not help it any more. He let a tear fall from his eye. He knew it showed it weakness but he could not help it anymore. It had been along day and he had made a fool of himself. Worse he made a fool of India. He wiped his eyes out.

"India, who is micheal. I would really like to know."
Back to top Go down
Michael Jin-Kwon

Michael Jin-Kwon

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

((do I like join in since you mentioned the character I'm playing?))
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh yeah. Go right ahead and post. The thread is open to all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harley's Childhood home. Open To All   Harley's Childhood home. Open To All I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harley's Childhood home. Open To All
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next