The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) Empty
PostSubject: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 am

Will was leaning against a tree, whittling at a piece of wood. She was sick of hearing people talk -- it grated on her nerves. She wanted to scream at them that they'd be dead in a few short years - why bother trying to prolong the interval? Death fascinated Will, to the extent that she sought it actively. But Death, perhaps knowing that there was something unnatural about her, eluded her, dodging her every attempt.
"You're supposed to be this big, power-hungry demon," remarked Will conversationally to Death. "You're supposed to take everyone stupid enough to brush with you. One escape is surprising; two is a miracle. I'm up to -- what is it now..." she checked the scars along the inside of her bicep, neat tally marks well-separated from the mass of scartissue that was her forearm. "...forty-seven. Ya hear that, Death. Forty. Seven. You have no class." She pulled her sleeve down with a sigh and leaned back against her tree, going back to her whittling.
((Daaaang, this is long. Sorry, I spaced out while writing it.))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 am

((XD long for you, short for me...))

Taryn rushed to the railway. She ran down the many flights of stairs and hopped on the train just as it screached to a start. This time she had no clue where it was going, she just wanted to get away. Her mom was yelling at her again, blaming her for the death of her brother and father. He's not dead, I know it! Iswear it, I will find him. The words still wrung in her head. Deep down, she knew he was lost, but she would not admit it. "Stan, where are we headed?"
"We're taking a group to Discrict 4 to help build it there, there was a cave in a month ago that went completely unnoticed."

As she walked along the short hallway, she passed only a few people here and there, they were all watching something intently making sure it stayed intact. They all muttered, "hey Taryn!" As she passed. They all enjoyed her company and was happy when she tagged along. They adored her father and hoped that Taryn's searching wasn't in vain. Sometimes she helped when she could, especially after a hard days work of attempting to locate her father. Stan was her favorite, he was from Disctrict 8. He was 18 and now her best friend. Ever since her father dissapeared, Taryn had started to be more distant with her friends, she was always skipping school. If she wasn't more careful, she would start having a peacekeeper following her everywhere.

After a few hours, the train finally stopped. The brakes were working better, her father would have been proud, he worked on those for a while. Scanning the undergroud cavern, Taryn bounded up the stair until sunlight burned her eyes. They were still adjusting when she bounded out from the hospital. The hospitol was where you could access the railway, just beneath it. Bouding outside, Taryn realized that this was a career disctrict and she had to be much more careful. She molded into the shawdows and allowed to eyes to fully adjust. When she fully saw what was going on around her, she saw a peacekeeper. Keeping her eyes on him, she turned a corner. Without thinking, she plowed right into someone. Seh jumped back into the shadows again before she caught the person's face. Realizing she was just a girl around her age, she decided it was okay to show herself. "I'm so sorry about that! I've just been really clumsy today!" She still stayed in the shawdows so that the girl couldn't see her whole face. She had grown up with that district her whole life and she would realize that Taryn wasn't from there pretty quickly.

Last edited by Taryn Forrest on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thehungergames.forumotion.com
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:00 am

Will, jerked from her reverie, blinked down at the other girl. "Wha--Who the heck are you?" She could tell that this girl wasn't any of the other Careers that she practiced with, though she supposed she could be new. It was hard for Will to pay attention to other people. "You should watch where you're going, girl! I had a knife out -- you could have been skewered." She gestured with the dagger to her own body. "It would have connected in the abdomen -- you would have bled to death on the inside. Where were you going that demanded such haste?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:28 pm

((can i join?))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:18 am

((that's fine with me!))

"Wha--Who the heck are you?"
"A person." The reply escaped her lips before she could stop it. "...Taryn to be exact. Who'r you?" She replied curtly before wrinkling her nose. 

"You should watch where you're going, girl! I had a knife out -- you could have been skewered."
"Sure", Taryn muttered sarcastically. She knew she could beat the girl any day in a knife fight. She looked up and down the girl suprised at how muscular she was. Then a revalation came to mind. This was a career district. Scrutinaizing her, Taryn decided that she was a career, she trained. Why else would she be carrying a knife? The girl spoke more about bleeding to death and what not, however what she finished off with worried Taryn the most. "I have to meet with someone." She lied easily. "Its too late now, I guess I'll plead my case later." She sighed making the emotion of the lie draw out more. 

Last edited by Taryn Forrest on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:29 am

((Fine with me too))
Will studied the girl. "Taryn. I'm Will." She sheathed the knife. "You're not a Career, are you? I would remember you." Remember you because you look like she did. Remember you because I can't forget. "And whom were you meeting with, may I ask?" Don't be nice You don't care. She sat down slowly, trying not to bump her bruises on the tree's rough bark. "Death, you're such a flirt," she remarked, looking at the sky. "You old fox. You know you could have had her there, don't you? But it's vastly more entertaining to play hard-to get, eh?"
((She's more comfortable talking to death than to a real person.
Psychosis? What psychosis?))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 pm

((guess I'll wait for Naomi then))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:39 am

Naomi laughed as Joseph tried to throw Ron overboard. Ron turned to her "Oh you think it's so funny huh little sis?" "Yes. Yes I do." she replied. Ron exchanged looks with Joe. They grinned at each other and ran at her "Hey! Hey cut it out!" she screamed as Joe grabbed her arms and Ron her legs. She struggled but without merit. They swung her three times and chunked her overboard. She surfaced and spit water out of her mouth. "I'll get you for this! You forget that I cook your food! I just might let something slip into your food!" her brothers just laughed at her and began to sail away. She shook her fist at them then swam to shore.

As Naomi ran towards home, she rung out her thick wet hair. She turned a corned and plowed into someone. "Wo!" she said said "I'm sorry! Are you alright?" she didn't notice the other girl standing there.
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:15 pm

((Who did she run into?))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:25 pm

((Not quite sure. Um... how bout you.))
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 am

((Okay, that can work, I think))
Will lurched sideways as the other girl tripped over her. "Ow," she muttered. "What the--?" She looked up. "Another one? Jeez, you people are cropping up like flies." She rubbed her side where the girl's feet had connected, then looked up. "Who are you, now? We may as well have a welcome party, all very cheerful, getting-to-know-you and other pointless stuff." She frowned slightly. "Oh wait...you're that girl...I think I've seen you before, something with an 'n'. Not another Career, though."

Last edited by Will Kaoknur on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ((Mirkwood is a BLUH BLUH HUGE SPACE CASE and didn't think.)))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:52 am

((I'll reply asap, but, you guys are from the same discrict, so even if you don't talk often, your bound to know each others names. I mean. Your required to go to the same school.... So it must be very odd for me to be there. You can act like strangers, but at least mention you've seen them before or something...))
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:20 am

((Oh, what we're from the same district? Spaced out there, sorry. *goes to fix*))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:22 pm

((Yep. I'll wait for Taryn.))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:13 pm

"Hi Will." Taryn opened her mouth to make up some wild excuse of a reason to why she was there and who she was meeting, but Will was saying something else. "Sorry?" Taryn asked as if asking for an answer. It seemed like she was talking to someone ....someone she had called Death. Taryn was a little concerned for her health, but she was glad the conversation had shifted from her.

Seemingly out of the blue, a girl whirled around the corner and rammed into Will. "Another one? Jeez, you people are cropping up like flies."
Taryn could not help but snicker at that comment. "Again sorry, about that." She said, lighter than she meant it. The two were obviously from the same District, but they didn't seem to know each other very well. Then a thought surfaced in her mind. Career. The thought made her sick. Will ...was a career. She trained to volunteer for the games and win what? Fame? It was sick! Her brother had been killed by a lustful Career. Taryn felt her temper rise and she took deep breaths to calm it. She wanted to get out of this sick District, now!

Taryn looked around a little hazy. Breathing deeper, she decided to remain acting calm, she did not want to set out a commotion, especially if they figured out she wasn't from that District. "Hello, 'N'!" Taryn waved. "You look a bit ...wet, is everything alright? Oh, I'm Taryn by the way." She nodded curtly. She hoped the girl would go off and explain and she could sneak out of the picture.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Naomi nodded "Yeah my name starts with an N. Your... um .... oh! Will right?" she said, not telling them her name "I'm not surprised that you don't know me I'm usually with my brothers..." she turned to the other girl "I know I've never seen you before even if I haven't been to school very often." she listened as Taryn said "You look a bit ...wet, is everything alright? Oh, I'm Taryn by the way." Naomi grinned "Nice to meet you and yeah I'm fine. My brothers threw me off our boat as a practical joke. We do that to each other often. I'm usually the one to get thrown overboard."
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Will had caught the look of disgust that flashed across Taryn's face. She laughed bitterly. "Is this the part where you two run off screaming because I'm a Career and 'oooh, she's so evil!' Pah." She spat. "No matter. Carry on. Do as you wish." She gave a second laugh, which turned into a dry, rattling cough. "Excuse me. I-oh!" She had leaned back. "Blast you, Death! Why do you always do this? Curses." She looked up, apparently only now realizing that she had company. "Oh-er. I'm sorry, I am....unused to people.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm

((She never said out loud that you were a career...))
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:54 pm

((I know, but Will said that she was. And she's used to people flipping out over her being a Career.))
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

((Oh! Ok. Well I shall wait for Taryn...again.))
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 pm

The new girl awswered her question and said few other things, however, only one comment did Taryn dread. "I know I've never seen you before even if I haven't been to school very often."
Taryn thought out all her options and she decided to come clean, but she didn't want to have anything to do with the Career. Just the thought of it made her sick.

"Is this the part where you two run off screaming because I'm a Career and 'oooh, she's so evil!' Pah."

Taryn stared at the girl in disbelief. Did she seriously think Taryn was scared of her. Taryn knew she probably was stronger, but Taryn could outrun, and outsmart her, plus she was very handy with a knife. Looking strait into her eyes Taryn spoke. "I'm not afraid of you. You just make me sick!" She spat the words felt like acid in her mouth. Then deciding she couldn't avoid hiding her identity anymore, she added, "Never underestimate a member of Discrict 3. Also known as the brains of the Capitol." Saying that reminded her that she worked for the Capitol. They all worked for the bloody Capitol!
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:28 pm

"I'm not afraid of you. You just make me sick!"
Will stared at her. "I make you sick? I - I...oh gog." She laughed again. You think I enjoy this...you think I want to be what I am...what I've become?"
"Never underestimate a member of Discrict 3. Also known as the brains of the Capitol."
District Three, is it? Brains indeed. Not that the Capitol doesn't have brains. After all, the invented the Games. And without the Games..." She looked up, her eyes empty and dark. "...Well. The Games are what they are. And what they are is useful."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Meer
District 4
Naomi Meer

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm

When Naomi heard that Will was a career she became angry but hid her emotions behind a mask of not caring. She listened to the two of them talk and then asked "How did you get here from District 3?" When Will mentioned the Games she felt sick and spoke without thinking "You think the Games are so great? Well then you're sick! The Games are sick! My friend died in those stupid Games!" she spat out the last Games with an expression of pure hate on her face.
Back to top Go down
Will Kaoknur
District 4
Will Kaoknur

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:15 pm

"You think the Games are so great? Well then you're sick! The Games are sick! My friend died in those stupid Games!"
"Your friend died? I am sorry for you. But Death...Death is a necessary thing. All must bow to him. He is the only king whose authority will never end. And as for the games...it's all a matter of perspective." She sat a little straighter. "In your perspective, the Games are a curse, the cause of bloodshed and tears and probably the thing you hate the most. But in my view, the Games are...the only thing that matters. What I'm saying is - one man's trash is another's treasure. " She gave a small smile. "Or, in this case - one man's nightmare is another's daydream."
Back to top Go down
Taryn Forrest
Admin
District 3
Taryn Forrest

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:09 pm

((dude, I TOTALLY thought that Will had replyed once and that I was waiting for Naomi. I'm so sorry, I'll get to that ASAP!!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))   Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who ARE you? ((Trayn/me/open?))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next