The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

an every day thing (open to all)

Go down 
+6
April Adams
India Harkniss
Cole Lutz
Taryn Forrest
Annette "Patch" Regulus
Mason Wolf
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:14 pm

India stopped crying once Cato spoke. His voice was so soothing, it stole her attention. She looked up at him with wide, tear stained eyes and sniffled. "Can I tell you what happened to me, Cato? Can I tell you with out worrying that you will judge me?" She asked him. Hiccups escaping her throat as a result of the painful crying.

She listened quietly as Cato hummed. She hoped she could trust Cato. She hoped that he wouldn't judge her for whatever she has done in the past. She hoped that he wouldn't judge her for how she is, and what happened to her in the past.
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Cato shook his head and finished the song. "It is not my place to judge anyone India. I of all people am in no position to judge anyone." He wiped the remaining tears from her eyes with his thumbs and smiled at her. "There is no reason to be afraid to tell me anything. If you, me, and Patch are to be a family together than we musn't be afraid to tell eachother anything."

Continuing to rock, Cato thought of his own past, his mistakes and faults. If he was to expect Patch and India to open up to him he must be willing to open up to them. Which meant the pains of his past will have be revealed after the long years if him trying to shut the away. All those sleepless nights of nightmares will be revealed. The thought scared him but it also seemed that telling someone might be what he needed to get through it all.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:17 pm

India smiled at Cato. She knew that they would be safe with this boy and that he will comfort her no matter what. She shut her eyes close tight and brung herself to tell Cato everything. "I.. I am forbidden to go back to my home, Cato. I am forbidden to have any contact with my brothers and sisters. My parents.. they disowned me. They kicked me out when they found out my secret. I was secluded from the world. No one would dare speak a word to me, just because I did not live how people thought I should live life. I ran away that day and hid in the meadow. That's where I met Patch.."

India didn't go into specific details about what happened to her. About what made her despise the world so much. She leaned her head against Cato's chest. "Just because they believed my choice was wrong and disgusting. They didn't accept me for who I am, Cato. And I lived my whole life in fear that no one ever would."
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 pm

mason was in his own little world looking at his documents when he noticed they had left him and it was raining " well that's bloody brilliant, stuck out in the rain all alone. maybe they went to Annette's Apartment" he began to run down the street to Annette's home where she had promised he could stay a night. he came up to the trashcan that helped him climb to the roof above the apartment window and slid in he found himself in a dark empty room " okay where are they?"
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 pm

India lay silently, still clinging to Cato and listening to his slow, steady heartbeat. She wondered If Mason even realized they left for the night. She felt bad leaving him all alone in the dark and in the rain that night, but she knew that he could fend for himself perfectly well.. But even so, no one should be left alone. Not even Mason. He was so interested with the papers he's been carrying around with him when they had all of those strange encounters. India wondered if he would go looking for them, or if he would just shrug it off and continue ahead with his normal daily routine. But knowing Mason, just by the few, short days she's known him. He would probably be off doing something dangerous again.. Or just plain out annoying.
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 pm

mason sat on Annette's couch looking around the apartment, it was pretty nice with all the normal furniture a average apartment would have. " well this sucks" he suddenly Remembered Annette had a brother who lived next door he quickly got up and looked out into the hall through the peep hole to find it empty. he sat back down on the couch and thought to himself, it was pretty awkward that he was at a girls house while she was some where else. he got up and went to the window and jumped out to land in a newly developed puddle under the window, he walked to his look out spot for any other wanted members of the Deck.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:11 pm

India ignored her thoughts about Mason, but hoped that he would find her and Annette soon. She would hate to exclude him out of everything. She closed her eyes to help blink back tears that were brought by horrid memories. She didn't want Cato to see her cry. She was a strong girl. He couldn't see her cry again.
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:25 pm

Silence settled over the room as Cato digested what she had said and while he thought of how he was going to tell his story. Feeling he had waited long enough he addressed her.

"India, I have learned that the people that spurn us the most are the ones that don't understand. Sometimes the decisions we make are made with the intent to help people, but for some reason they don't always work out. Regardless of how your family reacted to your decision I will not respond the same way. I don't care what decisions you've made in the past, what's done is done. If or when your ready to tell me what that decision was I will accept whatever it was."

Now came the hard part, his own past. He cleared his throat and jumped right in. "My past...very lonely, I lost my parents at a very young age. All I remember are a few of my mothers songs and my father's constant worrying. In order to keep myself alive I went to work at the mines at the age of twelve. During a mining accident I lost my ear, and it was about that time that I decided I would rebel against the Capitol. A girl named Emma joined me while I tried to insight rebelion aong the people. Unfortunately, during the night the Peacekeepers struck. I was left with my scar and a brand, but... my...friend Emma...they killed her. They felt that leaving me alive would be my final humiliation and defeat and would keep me from causing trouble again."

Telling his story even as short as it was, he was reliving his life in that short amount of time. The night he learned of Emma's death appeared before his eyes as if he was back to that day.
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Annette still stood outside, feeling the wind brush by her. She didn't know what she was doing, nor what she was up for. She didn't expect her feet to start moving, but they did. She knew they would be back, but she just kept going down the little dirt road.

She found herself running through the town square, everywhere she had been to yesterday. Finally, she stopped off at her apartment complex and looked up at the large flights of stairs. It felt as if it was 10 years since she had been there, but it had only been yesterday. Carefully she hauled herself up onto the first case of stairs.

She watched as he fell to the ground. A shriek came out of her mouth and she backed up, covering her face.

"Mason! What the heck are you doing?" she laughed as he brushed himself off. "Where have you been? We went to go find shelter and you didn't even bother to follow!"
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:41 am

India listened carefully to what Cato was saying. She went into more details about what happened. "When... When I came out to my family, my parents, they were so angry. They were furious. My father.. he took off his belt and beat me with it. I still remember the pain. I got several bruises. Most off them healed but this one stayed." She explained while slowly moving some hair out of her face, revealing a large bruise on her left cheek.

"My decision wasn't really to help anyone. But no one accepted me for it. I've tried to be like how they wanted me to be. I've tried hard just to push the feeling away, but every day.. it just feels like a war. And I walk around, so mad at the world, when I'm really just fighting with myself. And I don't want to fight anymore. I'm just too tired."

India listened to how Cato was explaining his past.. He's been alone ever since he was little. His story made her heart soften. "Cato. What they did to that girl, Emma. It wasn't your fault. You were so young. Younger than I am. The peacekeepers.. they were stronger than you. You can't put the blame on yourself."
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 am

"I felt responsible for Emma and upon learning of her death I was heartbroken. I slipped deeper and deeper into a depression just waiting for the day I would die and leave behind my pains. But than I met you and Patch, something in me stirred when I met you two. Each of you has something that reminds me of her, and this time I won't fail."

Sitting back farther into his chair he digested a little more of her story. It seemed she had a horrible family life based purely on the choice she had made. Whatever her motive for her actions he didn't care. He would not judge her for anything no matter what it was.

"It would seem that both of us bare a mark to remind us of our past. I will not lie to you by saying that their fury was not misplaced for I am no parent and wouldn't understand. But, were I in there place I would not have beaten you or disowned you or anything. I could barely bring myself to yell at you let alone strike you."

Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

India stayed silent for a while, listening to the wind that blew in from the windows she opened earlier. Her mind flashed back to the night everything happened.. When she came out to her family, when she felt the lash of her fathers belt, beating her skin tender. I need to tell you something, Mami, Papi Such a surprise that those simple words could ruin her purpose in life. Well, they weren't exactly those words.

"Do you accept me, Cato.? Please tell me you accept me. When you came across Annette and I, I thought.. you were my only hope of surviving in this cruel world. Please."

Her mind flashed back to all her siblings reactions. She remembered her brother screaming. "Papi, no!!" She remembered her sisters on their knees crying. She remembered her mother shoving her out the door yelling at her to never come back again.
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

"India, I would accept you no matter what you had done. Like I said, I will not judge you so it is not a matter of my accepting you. If you want the honest truth I accepted you the instant I saw you. The only question was if you, Patch, or even that other guy would accept me."

He stood up and placed India on her feet and brushed the remnants of the tears off her face. As it turns out the food was ready to be eaten. He slipped his hand into Indias and led her to the fireplace. Sitting down he took one of the pieces of toast and meat and held them out to her.

"Eat up, it would seem that we have lost one of our companions. My guess is we'll have a long day of searching ahead of us. I do get the feeling though she went in search of that other fellow."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:24 pm

India smiled appreciatingly. "Thank you, Cato. I've went my whole life being judged, but you're different. I am accept you for who you are. And I appreciate you for doing the same to me." She followed Cato to the fireplace and sat in front of it. She gladly took the food and munched quietly.

"I don't think Patch has gone far. I know exactly where she is, and there's little chance that I might be wrong at that. I don't think she wants to worry you, so I bet she has tried very hard to avoid the trouble lurking around. Yes, she probably did go searching for Mason. But I know where he is, too. If you haven't noticed, he's sort of predictable."

India stood up slowly and dusted off her pants. She would go make sure Annette was okay, and she would go back to Cato and assure him everything was fine. She did not want to worry him, and she was sure that Annette wouldn't want to either. "It's okay, Cato. I'll go find Annette, make sure she's alright. She's 17, Cato. I'm sure she wants some time alone. I promise I'll come back alive." She giggled and took ofttimes before Cato had a chance to object.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

((*off not ofttimes (no edit) ))
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 pm

((I have no idea what to say because Mason has not come D:<))
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

((We'll give him the night. I see him logged on and in this sub forum but he doesn't post. If he hasn't posted by tonight/tomorrow afternoon I'll post.))
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 pm

((Right!))
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 pm

((Right, he needs to post more I see him logged in all the time))
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Cato sighed and looked down at his ankle. He wondered how productive it would be to try and follow her or wait in the chair. Coming to a decision he thought would be mutually beneficial he stood up and hobbled over to the fireplace. He grabbed a staff that leaned against the fireplace and exited his house. Not bothering to lock up the door he moved slowly in the direction India ran in. He looked to the sky and began to speak to no one in particular.

"Yes Cato, you have befriended two over energized girls, taken them into your home and you can barely take care of yourself. Of course this gives you a new purpose Cato, you don't have to give up on life anymore."

Looking around to make sure no one could see him talking to himself he laughed. Anyone that could have been around would have thought he was mad, but he was happy for the first time in a long time. He saw the rows of houses coming into view and hoped it wouldn't be hard to locate India and Patch.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm

India heard a voice not to far behind her. She spun around quickly and squinted to see better. She saw Cato talking to himself and hobbling along with a stick looking cane or staff of whatever it was. "Oh dear God," she said out loud to herself and ran towards Cato.

"Cato, dear God. Why are you following me? You needed to stay back in the house. I told you not to put any pressure on your ankle!" Her mother was especiallly good at treating sprained, broken, or twisted bones. She hesitated and thought to herself. Maybe I can bring Cato to Mami. She has a heart. She'll help him.

"Cato, come on. We are going to see my mother. She will help your ankle. Besides, I need to collect some of my belongings. And Cato, whatever they say about me or to me, just.. try and hold whatever is bubbling inside. No matter how bad it is." She said cautiously and took Cato's hand. "Come on now."
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:39 pm

( sorry i have been occupied with studying for the finals at school and homework)

mason climbed back up to the window and hopped in " well finally you get here, i was hoping your brother didn't come into here looking for you. that would be a disaster" he took off his wet coat and bag and placed them next to the window " so where did you guys go, by the looks of it you had fun" he reclined himself against the wall hands behind his wet head. he began to hum a small tune, it was somehow familiar to him but he had never heard of it before
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:46 pm

((I would reply.. o like something.. but I'm not with you guys in those scene lol))
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Annette shoved her hands in her pockets. She hadn't seen him in so long he felt like an old friend. "If you want, I'll bring you along." She smiled. She grabbed his arm and started to pull him until he started to follow. "There hasn't been much we've been doing, we just stayed there for the night because of the storm..." she murmured the last part. She didn't really want everyone to know what she was afraid of. Except Cato, that was an exception.

She marched along and looked around. "I wonder where India and Cato are. They're probably looking for me. And you of course, I kind of ran off before they could tell I was gone or anything." She rubbed the back of her head. Annette felt terrible to leave them like that, but she wasn't really in the right mind at that moment.

"Uh, you'll like Cato, I hope."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:15 pm

While India was walking Cato over to her old house, she ran into two people. Annette and Mason. "Well, here she is! Cato was a bit worried. He knew you went looking for Mason. I guess he was right!" She told Annette. She glanced at Mason and her face lit up. "Glad you decided to join us, Mason!" She said and laughed.

"We were actually just going to my old house to get Cato's ankle healed. Would you guys please tag along?" She said, not wanting to be alone while she was there, facing her parents to help the one that helped her the most.

"What do ya say?" She asked with a fake smile trying to cover her fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an every day thing (open to all)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next