The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

an every day thing (open to all)

Go down 
+6
April Adams
India Harkniss
Cole Lutz
Taryn Forrest
Annette "Patch" Regulus
Mason Wolf
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Annette tried to escape the group and started walking into the direction of the woods. She stopped in her tracks before she went under the fence and looked back at the 4 of them and smiled to herself. She would be back. She just needed to clear her mind. Under the fence she went, and then into a long spring.

Thoughts of her parents rushed by her, of Mason, of Cato, of India, of Harley. She had already known who he was, the thief. Annette remembered the day he had ran by her and took her fresh bread out of her bag. Inside her mind she felt like rolling her eyes, but she just kept up her running. Everyone and everything was so new. So strange. Will I ever get used to it?

She stopped at a large tree, looking up at it to see the moon shining down on her and everything, lighting the ground with outlines of branches. One by one, she climbed until the highest sturdy branch for her to sit straight on. Annette leaned back on the trunk of the tree and looked up, starting to hum, but then words came out of her mouth.

"Think of me, think of me fondly
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me, once in awhile
Please promise you'll try..."
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Annette tried to escape the group and started walking into the direction of the woods. She stopped in her tracks before she went under the fence and looked back at the 4 of them and smiled to herself. She would be back. She just needed to clear her mind. Under the fence she went, and then into a long spring.

Thoughts of her parents rushed by her, of Mason, of Cato, of India, of Harley. She had already known who he was, the thief. Annette remembered the day he had ran by her and took her fresh bread out of her bag. Inside her mind she felt like rolling her eyes, but she just kept up her running. Everyone and everything was so new. So strange. Will I ever get used to it?

She stopped at a large tree, looking up at it to see the moon shining down on her and everything, lighting the ground with outlines of branches. One by one, she climbed until the highest sturdy branch for her to sit straight on. Annette leaned back on the trunk of the tree and looked up, starting to hum, but then words came out of her mouth.

"Think of me, think of me fondly
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me, once in awhile
Please promise you'll try..."
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm

mason followed Annette out into the forest , he stuck to the shadows making sure Annette didn't see him from the shadows he could see Annette as she hummed her tune. he picked a leaf off a bush and hummed on the leaf creating a whistle like sound, he hummed along with her until she stopped, he began to use the leaf again to hum a different tune it seemed to match the whisper in the wind as it blew against the trees and grass under the pale moon light. he went under the tree Annette perched on. " so why you here all alone?" he said putting the leaf gently on the ground.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm

India watched as Annette and Mason ran over into the woods. She rolled her eyes and thought to herself. They so want each other. Cato wouldn't like them running away into the woods at night but she knew how they felt. They just wanted some space, and Cato was over protective.

India kicked a rock across the cobblestone street and put her hands in her jacket pocket. She called over to Cato who was at her house already, a few doors down. "Cato.. if you don't mind.. Would you please call me Ana Lucia when we are in the presence of my parents?" She did not wait for an answer, and just assumed that he would follow her orders.

She turned to Harley and cocked her head. "Now.. why don't ya tell me what you were really gonna say already? I'm getting tired of waiting. And the silence that's hanging around in the air is not helping the situation."
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:36 pm

"Recall those days,
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do.
There will never be a day where I won't think of you."

Annette sighed and finished her song. It was the one that she and he brother would always sing, the one she would die to hear if he sang it to her once more. But she knew she wouldn't be welcome back home anymore anyhow.

Annette looked down and sighed. "Sometimes it's nice to be alone, Mason. It's been a strange couple of days, if you must ask." She swung her legs over but kept sitting in the tree, turning to face him more. "I should be asking you the questions you know. Why did you follow me?"

She couldn't explain what she thought of him. A friend, yet crazy. She couldn't stand him, yet she didn't want to lose him as a friend. She had never had any friends of late, never thought about it either. But she couldn't think about it so far.
Back to top Go down
Roxas Smith
District 4
Roxas Smith

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 pm

((It says I'm District 12 now for some reason but I think I'll keep it that way. Can I join?))
Back to top Go down
Annette "Patch" Regulus
District 12
Annette

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 pm

(( :OOOOO SURE ROXY! Very Happy Come on aboard :3))
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:58 pm

((the more the merrier!!! Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Roxas Smith
District 4
Roxas Smith

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 pm

((Actually, I don't think I can. I'll ask the admins about it later on. I'll keep it in mind, thank you Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Harley knew that this was his one chance to say what he wanted to say. So he took a deep breath, put his hand on her shoulder. And spoke as nicely as he could.

"Something about me being around you has made seem so happy and I know that you are not generaly a happy person. I can't help thinking that you might have a thing for me. But I am afraid if you can't trust me than we have nothing."

He paused and waited for her to say something. But continued steadly

" So please just trust me. Like I trust you. See I will show you my trust."

He dug deep into his pants and pulled out a clean and shiny 44.Magnum fully loaded. And showed it to her.

"See I was hiding this on you. But now I am showing you that I have that stolen gun everyone was looking for. And I trust you won't tell anyone. So show me some trust by telling me why you where kicked out of your house. I just feel that if we where to be together we should atleast trust each other. Right?"

He put his other hand her shoulder and asked one more time.

"Trust me."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm

India looked into Harley's eyes and took a shaky breathe. She listened to every word he had to say carefully, and this time, she knew he was telling the truth. He wanted her to trust him. But who could trust a wanted theif? Both of them were hated by District 12. They were both outcasts and living off of struggle.

"Harley.. I... was kicked out of my house.. because they didn't want me there. They disowned me. For being different. For not being the daughter they wanted. For not living a moral life. I was always getting into trouble and I kept a huge secret from my family. It may not seem like a big deal to you, Harley. But I swear, it was the hardest day of my life." India moved some hair out of her face to show Harley the large bruise that wouldn't heal on her cheek. "When I came out to being bisexual to my family one day... my father beat me with every strength he had in his body. I was bruised and bleeding. I could no longer be apart of my family anymore."

He was right. India did have a thing for Harley. And she wanted to trust him as he trusted her.

"I trust you, Harley.... I trust you."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm

"You say you do, but do you really. Prove it."

It sounded harsh. He hoped it was well taken.

"We better get back to the group. Before Cato thinks I was going to kill you with this."

He opened up the round and span it through his fingers. As he walked over he thought of ways to have her earn his trust. One hit him and he stopped turned back to her and whispered to her

"India if you trust me where are leaving here. Right now. And I will tell you the rest on the way."

Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm

India knew Harley thought she didn't trust him. She did though, really, she did. They were the same kind of person. Whwn you meet someone who is just like you, you can read them like an open book. "But.. Harley. I do trust you!"

She wanted to prove to him that she trusted him. He said they needed to leave. But she couldn't leave Cato.. He was hurt.. and he needed help. But she wanted to go with Harley at the same time. [i] What if I don't see Cato again? No. Surely he'll bring me back to them. Will he? [i/]

"I trust you Harley. I really do. I'll do anything to prove it."
When India promised something, she would always keep it. With that said, she took a step forward. "Since I trust you, I'll go with you. I'm kind of confused, but I'm sure you'll guide me the right way."
Back to top Go down
Mason Wolf
District 12
Mason Wolf

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 am

mason looked to the moon " to tell you the truth i used to have a partner, he was like an older brother to me we did the same mercenary business i do now, but on one when we both got the job to hunt the 52 he was gunned down by a spy. that's why i wouldn't forgive myself if one of my friends gets killed for what i do for a living" mason looked up at Annette " besides im staying at your place remember, and if i go there alone and you brother comes in to check on you i would have to jump out the window." he said laughing he sat down on the roots of the tree waiting for Annette's response
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 am

Cato could tell from Patch and Mason running to the woods and India talking to Harley that perhaps he had overstayed his welcome in their group. He didn't acknowledge India or Harley, but instead slipped into a shadow behind a house. Dropping the makeshift crutch he had made he grabbed a crumpled sheet of paper from his pocjet and began to scribble on it.

"Dear India, I know that your kindness is well meant, and you are taking the risk of bringing me before your parents. However, I can sensethe uncertainty in the offer, the fear of your parents. By the way you are speaking to Harley a bond of trust has formed between you. Stay with him, whatever he is offering it must seem good to you. I'll always be there to help you if you need me, just look for the guy with one ear. For now I feel that we must go our separate ways."

He put the paper onto his makeshift crutch and began to limp away. He settled into a rather fast pace, at least for one with an injured ankle. Slipping under th fence to the forest he went in search of Patch and Mason. He found the together, just talking. They must be really close friends, or at least Mason wanted to be. Once Mason was finished speaking he decided he would show himself also and say his piece.

"Patch, I...I think that for now we should just be away from each other. India has Harley to protect her, and you have Mason. I'm just getting in the way right now. Thank you for everything you did to help me, and remember my door is always open to those who are in need."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:34 pm

He knew know that she did trust him. So he said to her.

"We are leaving District 12. I have a unfinished job there. Me and you are going destroy the capital together. We will move through the forest to get to district 11 there we will gain some followers to join are cause. I was going to do this alone but with you by my side I feel more safe. And more willing to get the job done. So are you with me. You can leave are your cares behind you and get revenge for brother you lost in the hunger games. I will give you this gun and let you put a bullet in President Snow's head."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:35 pm

India's eyes widened while she listened to Harley speak. He wanted her to leave District 12 with him. She couldn't do that. She trusted him, but she couldnt leave this place. She couldn't leave Cato and Annette..

"Harley.. What you're asking of me... it's not possible.. I trust you! I swear I do! But this is too much. I can't leave Cato and Annette. Their my family! My new family! If we leave.. I'll get killed. I've done some things, that the Capitol didn't like. If you go, you'll get killed too! Do you honestly think they will let a wanted thief go? I know it's weird that I am saying this, because I just met you, but I like you Harley, and I cannot see you get killed."

A tear ran down India's cheek. She didn't even care about Harley seeing her cry. She wouldn't be crying if she was going to saty in District 12. She was crying.. because she was going to go with Harley.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

He had taken his trust exercise way to far. He walked up to her and did something that surprised even him. He hugged her.

"I am sorry I did not mean to take it this far. I found out just how much you do trust me. Please forgive me I pushed you to far. I did not expect you to go I just wanted to see if you would. Now lets go find your freinds and I trust you even more than I trust myself"

He let go of his embrace but still held onto her hand. He wiped the tears from her eyes and gestered for her to first.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 pm

India stared at the ground while Harley hugged her. They weren't actually leaving. He had played her well. They greatest tricks she had pulled and the most convincing lies she has told. Harley was twice as good. They were truly the same kind of person.

"Harley.." she whispered as she pointed towards Cato's crutch. On it lay a small crumbled paper, something like a note. She took a step forward and looked back at Harley to see if he would follow. She tugged on his hand and continued to walk forward. India picked up the crumbled piece of paper and smoothed it out on her knee. Cato wrote it, and her head couldn't stop thinking as she read it. "For now I feel that we must go our seperate ways." That was the sentence that lingered in her thoughts. "Cato's gone." She whispered while squeezing Harley's hand. "He left."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:44 pm

"Don't worry we will find him. After all he's only got one good leg. We should be able to find before morning. Then we can get some rest. But I will let you know that I am not resting till I have found Cato."

Harley felt a lot closer to India than he had at the beggining of the day. They had grown alot stronger together in just a day. He hoped this was a sign of things to come. All he wanted at this point was to make India happy and right now that was finding Cato.

"Where do you think he would be? Did he have a hiding spot he used before he found your group."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:55 pm

ndia shook her head. "Cato only has a small shack that he lives in. But.. we cant go looking for him. He left Annette and I because he knows that we already have people to protect us. Annette has Mason and I have you. When we need help, we will go see Cato.. He took me in and I got to now the small area he lived in. A few houses down, there is a small shack. It has a 2 small beds and enough space. You said that you slept on a street. Well we can shelter there for the night."

India crumpled up the note and shoved it in her jacket pocket. If she needed to find Cato, Harley would help her. Nobody she's just met would ever help her with something like that. She's only just met Harley, but she felt close to him. "Thank you, though. For offering to help find Cato. That was nice." She smiled and looked at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:13 pm

"Yep, the streets are where my home is. I think we should take cover in that shack I have not had a nice sleep in a while. I am no good to you if I am sleep deprived."

He waited for a final answer on going to Cato old shack. Hencould not help thinking that Cato knew his identity. And it was bad news having him running around with nothing better to do than to tell someone that he knows where a criminal hangs around. He also could not help thinking that he had torn India away from thing. Her freinds. She had told him just hours ago that those people where her family. And now she had thrown that all away because of me. A boy she had just met two days ago. He knew she was good at hiding her true feelings.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:24 pm

India smiled. "You made a good choice Harley. You'll have a good night's sleep there." She took his hand and peered into the darkness. "It's not far from here, actually." The shack that they were about to go to was hidden by trees. The perfect place to go to. She was leaving Annette and Cato. She was on her own now. Just like she was in the beginning. But she knew she would be safe.

She took a step forward and tugged on Harley's hand to have him follow her. She was tired, her body was slow, her muscles were soar, but her head couldn't stop thinking. She would have a hard tine going to sleep that night.

India yawned loudly and continued ti walk, with Harley close behind. When India became tired, people could barely understand her because her accent stook out so much. "We're almost here." She covered her mouth an instant after she spoke. She tried to avoid speaking when her accent stook out to save herself from embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Harley was being tugged by her to the shack. He was so happy to see her happy. She seemed to opened up around him. She seemed so tough before. But not anymore. He liked it better that way. She did not seem so defencive. And best of all she did not call him kid any more. She seemed so excited to get to the shack. Her accent seemed to shine threw. This was a side he had never seen before. Why was she covering it up. She had no reason to. They reach the hut in the minute. He opened the door and said

"Ladies first."

And motioned her to go in.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 pm

India walked into the small shack slowly and turned on a light switch. It didn't give off much light, just a flicker. But that was enough to see where they were going. "So... here's the place you'll be staying in. It's not much, but its much better than the streets right? You'll actually have a roof over your head."

She walked carefully to minimize the sound of the floor boards ceremony and closed a window in which the wind was blowing in. "Welcome to Casa De India" she said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an every day thing (open to all)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next