The Hunger Games RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games RPG

The 15th Hunger Games have just ended leaving Faeryn Nacht of District One as the Victor. The citizens of Panem are trying to survive another year of uncertainty and fear, but what will the next reaping bring?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

an every day thing (open to all)

Go down 
+6
April Adams
India Harkniss
Cole Lutz
Taryn Forrest
Annette "Patch" Regulus
Mason Wolf
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:58 pm

"It is very good. A roof over head. I feel so spoiled. "

He threw himself down on one of the beds.

"This is awesome."

He put his hands behind his head on the pillow.

"You better get some sleep India. You have had a long day.

He got up to turn on the light switch. But he could not help thinking that Cato might come through the door and kill one of them. So for the sake of there lives he left the dim light on.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm

India shook her head and sat down on the opposite bed.

"I don't sleep well. I'm kind of a night owl."

She stared up at the flickering light and it reminded her of something awful.
It reminded her of the mental institution that her previous lover was sent to. She stared at the ground and moved the rug around with her feet.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Well there goes that plan

He thought to himself. Pretty much slapping himself in the face.

"So what do you want to do then, night owl."

He sat up on his bed and began shining up his gun with the bottom of his shirt. Waiting for her to answer. But he noticed a look of distress on her face. And said instead

"Whats wrong. Come on you can tell me."

He stared at her kindly hoping she would tell so he would not have to pry.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:25 pm

India shook her head and put on a fake smile. "Nothing's wrong."

She felt if she would tell him about Michael, it would be kind of weird between them.

"Just .. the light. Its kind of amusing... to watch."

Why can't she lie? She wasn't doing as good as she would lying to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Cato had walked away from Patch without waiting for an answer. It was painful enough to go his separate ways from the two people he had learned to care for. He blundered around blindly through the forest, his leg had begun to swell up, and a few of his wounds were opening again. He stooped at an old tree to try and set his ankle, unfortunately nothing could be done about the blood, he had no bandages.

Continuing on he tried to get as far away from District 12 as possible. But fatigue and pain became to much for him to bear. He slumped to the ground to tired to continue forward. Sleep threatened to take control of him, but he forced himself to stay awake.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

India sensed something was wrong with Cato. Whenever she a bond was formed between her and another individual, she was able to tell if they were in trouble or safe from harm. No matter how far away they were from each other. Cato's fine. He can take care of himself. She would tell herself that. She tried to ignore the thought but it continued to linger in her mind. She didn't believe herself. She prayed silently for Cato. Please let Cato be okay. Please
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 pm

She was lying to him. She was bad at lying. But he decided not to pry anymore. Instead he took a different approach

"Lets go for a walk. Rest is over rated. Plus I know you still want to find Cato. So lets go find him. As I said before he only has one good foot. I would like to get to him before his wound gets infected. I learned a couple from my mom about infecting wounds. She said that if the wound did not kill you the infection will.

He offered his hand to help her up.
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Cato was slipping in and out of conciousness. He was having a very difficult time keeping himself alert, and the hallucinations weren't helping. Either from loss of blood or lack of sleep or even both, he was being attacked on all sides by hallucinations. All his memories were blending together, friends new and old haunting him. Than the memory of his best friend appeared before him holding out her hand to him. He reached for it, but grasped only at air. Than the tears came unchecked leaving streaks down his dirty cheeks. He shut his eyes and shook his head trying to get rid of the image. For what felt like forever he fought the visions, but than he gave up and let himself slip into a haunted coma. His arm lay at his side appearing to be holding something.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 pm

India nodded and took his hand.

"He was beaten by the peacekeepers right in front of me. It was really brutal. I tended to his wounds as best as I can, but they probably opened up again by now. If we can find him before they get infected, we could help him. Would you help him, Harley? I can't help thinking that you don't have a liking for Cato."

She stood up and dusted off her pants.

"By the way, I'm not a bad lier. I just... cant lie to you. Alright?" She said as she walked towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 pm

" A freind of yours is a freind of mine. I am happy you are not a good lier. Because nether am I, as you saw before. Remember Harley Whey."

They exited the cabin leaving the light on just in case. And started there search. The late night felt good on his face. And invigorated him on his quest. He hoped that India was holding out better than he was. He was teird. But carried on with out complaining. It did not take long to find him. From the river of blood behind him and the growning. It was quite the sight. Harley was big but not as strong as you might think. He draged him over and check to see if he was still alive. Then said

"India head or feet. We got to carry him back to the cabin there I can see if I can get him back up and running."
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:19 pm

"I AM a good lier," India corrected. "And yes I remember. If I wasn't like you, I would've been convinced you were just some normal kid from District 12."

She left the shack with Harley and closed the door slowly, hoping for it not to creak or slam. The night air was cold but tolerable. Harley tracked down Cato like an expert, better than India could, but she understood how he did it. Cato was lying on the ground, his body and wounds exposed to the brutal air. He was either unconscious or sleeping, but either choice was still bad for Cato. She quickly put her arms under Cato's and held on to his shoulders to pick him up. He was heavy, but she needed to get him back. The night when he was beaten by the peacekeepers flashed back to her. A serious deja vu.

"Come on, Cato. You need to wake up now. Come on, Cato. Wake up!"
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 pm

"Leave me with the smelly feet"

It was not the time for joking but he was just trying to lighten the mood. They reached the cabin in about 10 minutes. They dropped him softly on the bed.

"Wow he did not look that heavy. Any way you can get some sleep while I work on the pateint."

He tore of the bandage. To reveal a bad cut on the leg.

"Your not half bad when it comes to wrapping a wound. Just remeber next time put some of this on it first."

He dug into his bag and pulled what looked weeds. He threw them in his mouth and chewed. Then spat them on Cato leg. The wound began to deflate once the gunk was put on. He decided just to work on leg. It was the worst. But he was missing one thing. A block to keep the ankle in place. A stick would not work he needed a knife.

"India have I earned my knife back yet. I need it for Cato splint."

He hoped India would get some sleep. She ran like a machine today. He would be worried if she did not.

He left Cato wound for the night. It needed to breath. It had wrapped in a band aid he had no clue how long.

He shut of light and told India if she needed anything just to wake him and fell asleep on the floor.

Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 am

Cato was barely aware of moving. His unconcious mind thought that perhaps he was dead or even dying. He thought he heard voices but again they blended with his past and present. Opening his eyes everything was foreign to him. He did not recognize where he was, and panicing he threw himself out of the bed. A searing pain blasted through his leg which did nothing to ease his panic. He couldn't rise due to his leg, but he tried to take in as much as he could. His eyes found India, but he didn't recognize her, than Harley whom he also didn't recognize. His panic became so great he just collapsed again on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 am

Harley was not sleeping well as it was. He kept having a nightmare about The Hunger Games. He never really cared about them. Sometimes he wished they would pick his name. But that was the past. Now he was worried that he and India would get picked. It was terrible he would close his eyes and the dream would start again. And he would wake up sweating like a pig.

He was just getting to sleep for the hundreth time when he heard a loud movement from behind. He was up in seconds. He had his gun pointed at the shadow. Cocked and ready for the kill. He turned on the light to find Cato body on the floor.

"Oh boy." He thought to himself. He heaved Cato back onto to the bed. Then Harley slapped him hard in the face to wake him.

"Cato. You are in safe hands now. I was just healing your wound. When India awakes we will get you a splint for that."

He hoped Cato heard him. He did not like Cato very much. But he knew Harley's secret and getting on his good side was.

He should be speaking anytime now. He thought to himself. He checked to see if he had awoken India but she was still asleep or pretending to.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:47 am

Harley was not sleeping well as it was. He kept having a nightmare about The Hunger Games. He never really cared about them. Sometimes he wished they would pick his name. But that was the past. Now he was worried that he and India would get picked. It was terrible he would close his eyes and the dream would start again. And he would wake up sweating like a pig.

He was just getting to sleep for the hundreth time when he heard a loud movement from behind. He was up in seconds. He had his gun pointed at the shadow. Cocked and ready for the kill. He turned on the light to find Cato body on the floor.

"Oh boy." He thought to himself. He heaved Cato back onto to the bed. Then Harley slapped him hard in the face to wake him.

"Cato. You are in safe hands now. I was just healing your wound. When India awakes we will get you a splint for that."

He hoped Cato heard him. He did not like Cato very much. But he knew Harley's secret and getting on his good side was.

He should be speaking anytime now. He thought to himself. He checked to see if he had awoken India but she was still asleep or pretending to.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:48 am

(( Don't know why that posted twice.))
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:08 am

India's mind was awake but her body was asleep. Eyes closed and all. Carrying Cato in made her even more tired. Once she knew he was safely inside, she fell asleep. She didn't want Cato's life or death situation in Harley's hand. He knew Cato knew his secret. Wouldn't he want to get rid of him? But, India knew Harley's secret, too, and he hasn't tried anything on her. She decided she would trust Harley with this, too. She heard his voice talking to her and Cato, but was too tired to understand what he was saying.

India woke up when she heard a thump on the floor. She sat up right away and looked around the room. Everything was hazy and blurry for a second. When her vision cleared up, she saw Harley holding the gun, pointed to Cato, and Cato laying on the floor. Okay. That's not a good thing to wake up to. she thought. She watched as he put the gun down and carry Cato onto the bed. Maybe it wasn't what it looked like. Maybe Cato fell and it was just a reflex.

She layed back down and closed her eyes, though she was still wide awake. She listened to Harley speak to Cato. And she knew he didn't do any thing to him that would harm him. She felt Harley looking at her, but she tried to keep still and make it look like she was sleeping. But she couldn't sleep. Not with everything that happened that day.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 pm

It was almost morning. It felt like it was the longest night ever. He just there between the two beds. Hands on his knees. Just waiting for one of his freinds to awake. He had no clue how hungry he was till now. His stomach kept growling louder than a jet engine. He hoped he would not wake anyone with it. He did not want to leave India alone with the pateint. It would be to dangerous. He had been moaning and groaning all night. He must been having bad dreams. And if he where to move while sleeping that would be bad. So he just decided to stay put. And put his hunger to the side. And put protecting on the front burner. After all you are more vulnarable while sleeping.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:41 pm

India sat up slowly, deciding that she wouldn't try to rest anymore. She turned and looked at Harley, sitting on the floor. She ran her fingers through her messy hair and sighed. "Couldn't sleep?" She asked him. She looked over behind Harley and saw Cato, tossing and turning recklessly. U
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:52 pm

"Good morning India. Yeah I could not sleep. I kept having the same nightmare over and over again. About the Hunger Games. Come on lets go get some food."

He had to tie Cato to the bed. With a note saying that they where getting food. For them to eat.

"Are you ready, India. We need some food. After all."
Back to top Go down
Cato Axelrod
District 12
Cato Axelrod

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Cato awoke suddenly his eyes snapping open. He found that he was tied down to the bed now. This was not good for his already broken mind. A surge of adrenaline surged through his muscles and he struggled to break his bonds. His eyes dialated and became almost animalisctic as he continued to struggle. The bonds were thick and tied tight, and he found the bonds would not snap. Eventually he surrendered himself to fatigue and fell into another haunted sleep.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 pm

"There's no need." India said. "In the second room there's a kitchen. One of the cabinets is stocked with food to last us.. 3 days. If we eat it rationally, of course."

She led Harley into the second room and opened the cabinent to show him the stock of food. "Here it is." She said. India heard something from the other room, it could possibly been Cato. "Uh.. Maybe we shouldn't have tied him up so tight, Harley." She said, sounding kind of worried. "He keeps drifting in and out of consciousness and I doubt he even knows where he is right now!"

She ran her fingers through her hair repeatedly, like she did when she was nervous. Or just worried.
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:07 pm

"Wow thats alot of food."

His stomach agreed. He had not eaten in 3 days.

"I am not sure we should untie him. If he falls off he could break his neck. Maybe I will try to see if he is hungry"

He walked out of the kitchen back to the bedroom. He untied his knots a gave him good slap in the face. And sat him up on the bed. Making sure he did not put his ankle down.

"Cato. Are you awake. Hello?

He was just waiting for Cato to start to strangle him so he thought some freindly conversation would go a long way.

"Got anything planned for today. India. Cause I don't and I am just itching to do something.
Back to top Go down
India Harkniss
District 12
India Harkniss

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:21 pm

India followed Harley out of the kitchen and into the the bedroom. She stared down at Cato. She watched as Harley slapped him to wake him and India sat on the opposite bed. "Is it really necessary to do that?" She asked. She got back up and walked over to Harley. She reached over to the nightstand and grabbed her bag. She rummaged through it and pulled out the knife. "I trust you'll use this for Cato's splint, and not for anything else?" She asked and raised her eyebrows. She held out the knife in her open palm.

"We should go to the meadow, Harley. I know the perfect spot. It's peaceful and the view from there is amazing."
Back to top Go down
Harley Whence
District 12
Harley Whence

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:35 pm

"It's a slap or a bucket of cold water. I think the slap is more fun."

He chuckled to himself. But saw that India was going through her bag and pulled out his dagger. They way the light bouced off it was wonderful. But it was going to be used for a splint. That was all this beutiful dagger was meant to be. He wrapped up the blade so it would not cut him. And worked on it while he talked.

" I have never been to the meadow before. I would love to go there. Just you and me. Or is Captain One leg coming?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an every day thing (open to all)   an every day thing (open to all) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

an every day thing (open to all)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next